Koepka defends title; shows charisma with fist pump; glfwrx goes wild

tiderider

Brooks is a +13 cap first three rounds!!!! Think about that.

I like his F U attitude. He seems like a guy you could call when the s-it hits the fan

Like a Rory, he is well suited to certain styles of courses. Just as you are vs your buddies

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @bogeypro said:

> meh, most boring blow out major ever. Brooks makes great shots, but he has no excitement. He's just boring to watch make good shots.... would a little fist pump or roar here and there be so bad?

Right.. When he hit that 287 yard fairway wood that landed like a butterfly with sore feet just over the pin my first thought was Meh, not bad, but no fist pump. ?

• Like 1

> @golfer07840 said:

> So Brooks shoots even and is still leading by 7. I see a lot of comments saying "this is boring" and I chuckle. Why? Because that is exactly how I felt during Tiger's dominant run between 2000-2004. Very ho hum.

Was waiting for someone to say that. Perfectly illustrating the double standard. Both ways. Has to be more to it than domination.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @pgapromex said:

> Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

Lol. Can you not see the double talk you’ve got going on ? Continuing the Tiger fan attacks ads isn’t any different than the criticism of Brooks you’re calling out. Same same. What happens to you if Brooks craps his pants and blows this lead tomorrow ? Are you a Brooks fan still ? Or do you root for the guy who goes low to beat him ? Just trying to understand this “ I have no favorites , I only cheer for excellence “ mantra.

Question. Have you ever been in a bobsled ? If no , please disregard. False alarm.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Murv said:

> > @imakaveli said:

> > So US Open will be a walk in the park for brooks as the PGA, hopefully Portrush will make it a more interesting tournament. Pitty Rory will miss the cut though.

>

> At Pebble Brooks will not have the distance advantage that he has on these 7500 yard courses. Brings many more players into the picture. Tiger should probably be the favorite but many others have a chance. My guess is that someone in the Kutcher category will take it.

>

> Murv

Tiger will probably never be the favorite again on the PGA tour.

> @pgapromex said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @pgapromex said:

> > > Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

> >

> > Brooks and Tiger both have equal parts charisma. Yeah, dream on my man. Dream on.

>

> Yeah...Tiger > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @puttingmatt said:

> > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > > @PumaAttack said:

> > > > > > > This is the most boring major I can remember. Wow this is awful.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If Tiger was winning by this much all his fanboys would be here proclaiming it's "the best ever"... :smile:

> > > > >

> > > > > That was my point earlier. The fanboys are here. Just different boys. Why is it ok for one set and not the other ?

> > > >

> > > > Tiger has a **** of a lot more charisma then Brooks. Huge difference in this scenario.

> > >

> > > He didn't have that much charisma when he missed the cut. Here is something else, if Tiger really gave a sh** for his fans, he would have showed up prepared to play, and play to win, place or show.

> > > Nope not Tiger, and yet you bang on Brooks, for showing up to play and possibly win. That's what

> > > is wrong with this premise that Brooks has little

> > > Charisma, the guy shows up and performs. That speaks volumes to me.

> >

> > If Tiger was physically able I’m sure he would have. I honestly don’t think Tiger F’ing Woods was sitting in Jupiter saying to himself “Yeah I’ll just not practice at all and go out and win the PGA.”

> >

> > He knew **** well he’d either suck or win the lotto lightening in a bottle again and compete. But realistically he knew he didn’t have a chance. He decided to give it a go anyway and it didn’t work out. He got crushed.

> >

> > Even for you Tiger haters out there — for the Love of all things holy — please don’t say that Tiger and Brooks are equals when it comes to charisma. That just isn’t the case and no one should have to defend that position.

>

> I haven't seen a single Tiger hater in this thread. Fact is, golf tournaments are won by least strokes tee to green, not charisma.

>

> Brooks says Tiger can have the charisma, he prefers another Wannamaker.

Exactly, Brooks is scoring like the Tiger of old used too, and these guys are whining about charisma.

That's the double standard of the Tiger fanboys.

Thats not how real golf is, there are players that can

go as low and lower than Tiger has . And nobody hates Tiger, so find another line to use when you are unable to post a point.

• Like 2

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @bladehunter said:

> > @pgapromex said:

> > Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

>

>

> Lol. Can you not see the double talk you’ve got going on ? Continuing the Tiger fan attacks ads isn’t any different than the criticism of Brooks you’re calling out. Same same. What happens to you if Brooks craps his pants and blows this lead tomorrow ? Are you a Brooks fan still ? Or do you root for the guy who goes low to beat him ? Just trying to understand this “ I have no favorites , I only cheer for excellence “ mantra.

>

> Question. Have you ever been in a bobsled ? If no , please disregard. False alarm.

I either want Brooks to open this up to ~ 12 shot lead or for him to shoot 5 over and somebody at -5 shoot a 65.

> @tiderider said:

> if you're a golfer and passionate about the game, why does 'charisma' of the winner matter? ... i just don't get that ...

It’s more than that.

You’d prefer the guy profess to “ love the game “. Not “ wish he was playing baseball “. Your also prefer that he didn’t say “ I love these fans. Makes it feel like a real sporting event “. Insinuating #1 that those fans are ok and should be the norm .. and #2 that golf isn’t a real sport. As a former athlete in 2 sports ( track and field and basketball ) i can assure you that tournament golf is a sport. I don’t appreciate his attitude that basically says “ I’ll dominate this sport cause it’s easy , but I wish I was playing baseball “ schtick. I admire his ability. But I feel like he slaps the game in the face not showing respect for the game . I fear it slaps him back at some point if his tune continues.

Maybe it’s all an act ? Sure. I’ve thought about that. But it’s tired either way.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @cardoustie said:

> Tiger not suited for long tracks w deep rough

> @buckeye440 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @pgapromex said:

> > > Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

> >

> >

> > Lol. Can you not see the double talk you’ve got going on ? Continuing the Tiger fan attacks ads isn’t any different than the criticism of Brooks you’re calling out. Same same. What happens to you if Brooks craps his pants and blows this lead tomorrow ? Are you a Brooks fan still ? Or do you root for the guy who goes low to beat him ? Just trying to understand this “ I have no favorites , I only cheer for excellence “ mantra.

> >

> > Question. Have you ever been in a bobsled ? If no , please disregard. False alarm.

>

> I either want Brooks to open this up to ~ 12 shot lead or for him to shoot 5 over and somebody at -5 shoot a 65.

I’m kind of with you there. Open it up if youre a badass. Otherwise somebody come to play and make him work.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > if you're a golfer and passionate about the game, why does 'charisma' of the winner matter? ... i just don't get that ...

>

> It’s more than that.

>

> You’d prefer the guy profess to “ love the game “. Not “ wish he was playing baseball “. Your also prefer that he didn’t say “ I love these fans. Makes it feel like a real sporting event “. Insinuating #1 that those fans are ok and should be the norm .. and #2 that golf isn’t a real sport. As a former athlete in 2 sports ( track and field and basketball ) i can assure you that tournament golf is a sport. I don’t appreciate his attitude that basically says “ I’ll dominate this sport cause it’s easy , but I wish I was playing baseball “ schtick. I admire his ability. But I feel like he slaps the game in the face not showing respect for the game . I fear it slaps him back at some point if his tune continues.

>

> Maybe it’s all an act ? Sure. I’ve thought about that. But it’s tired either way.

Ouch.....who peed in your wheaties?

> @bladehunter said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > Tiger not suited for long tracks w deep rough

>

> > @buckeye440 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @pgapromex said:

> > > > Basically all the Tiger fanboys are miffed because their idol got crushed and sent home. So they come up with absurd complaints about Brooks. Best one yet is that BK is boring because he hits too many fairways and greens. Honorable mention goes to he doesn't fist pump like Tiger.

> > >

> > >

> > > Lol. Can you not see the double talk you’ve got going on ? Continuing the Tiger fan attacks ads isn’t any different than the criticism of Brooks you’re calling out. Same same. What happens to you if Brooks craps his pants and blows this lead tomorrow ? Are you a Brooks fan still ? Or do you root for the guy who goes low to beat him ? Just trying to understand this “ I have no favorites , I only cheer for excellence “ mantra.

> > >

> > > Question. Have you ever been in a bobsled ? If no , please disregard. False alarm.

> >

> > I either want Brooks to open this up to ~ 12 shot lead or for him to shoot 5 over and somebody at -5 shoot a 65.

>

>

> I’m kind of with you there. Open it up if youre a badass. Otherwise somebody come to play and make him work.

>

Looks like he's in cruise control.....don't see him backing up

> @PumaAttack said:

> Brooks’ attitude makes this boring. It’s like he doesn’t even care he is winning. Or even playing golf at all.

Possibly this is his methodology for staying within himself. Emotional highs and lows can play a factor in your swing. He seems to be on an even keel most of the time. Concentration on what he is doing, not paying a lot of attention to what others are doing, doing what he came to do...win.

> @" SwooshLT" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > if you're a golfer and passionate about the game, why does 'charisma' of the winner matter? ... i just don't get that ...

> >

> > It’s more than that.

> >

> > You’d prefer the guy profess to “ love the game “. Not “ wish he was playing baseball “. Your also prefer that he didn’t say “ I love these fans. Makes it feel like a real sporting event “. Insinuating #1 that those fans are ok and should be the norm .. and #2 that golf isn’t a real sport. As a former athlete in 2 sports ( track and field and basketball ) i can assure you that tournament golf is a sport. I don’t appreciate his attitude that basically says “ I’ll dominate this sport cause it’s easy , but I wish I was playing baseball “ schtick. I admire his ability. But I feel like he slaps the game in the face not showing respect for the game . I fear it slaps him back at some point if his tune continues.

> >

> > Maybe it’s all an act ? Sure. I’ve thought about that. But it’s tired either way.

>

> Ouch.....who peed in your wheaties?

BK ! Lol. Was all amped up to watch a major and a pillow fight between a scout troop ( insert your fav gender) and a Gorilla broke out. Maybe I’m more ill at the rest of these guys who can’t manage bettter than -5 for 3 days. They literally gave up after the first 9 Thursday

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

BK has just owned this course and there's no way he comes back far enough for any of the chasers to realistically take him down. His shot tracer is something to behold - it's just darts no matter what club he has in his hands. With the move to May, I think he's a good shot of dominating the PGA for years to come if they set the courses up at a similar length, as there's only a few players who can live with him on these 7,500+ courses with penal rough and soft conditions (only Kiawah stands out in the next 5 years) and those guys are much streakier

> @bladehunter said:

> > @tiderider said:

> > if you're a golfer and passionate about the game, why does 'charisma' of the winner matter? ... i just don't get that ...

>

> It’s more than that.

>

> You’d prefer the guy profess to “ love the game “. Not “ wish he was playing baseball “. Your also prefer that he didn’t say “ I love these fans. Makes it feel like a real sporting event “. Insinuating #1 that those fans are ok and should be the norm .. and #2 that golf isn’t a real sport. As a former athlete in 2 sports ( track and field and basketball ) i can assure you that tournament golf is a sport. I don’t appreciate his attitude that basically says “ I’ll dominate this sport cause it’s easy , but I wish I was playing baseball “ schtick. I admire his ability. But I feel like he slaps the game in the face not showing respect for the game . I fear it slaps him back at some point if his tune continues.

>

> Maybe it’s all an act ? Sure. I’ve thought about that. But it’s tired either way.

Agreed.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @"27x10.5" said:

> We just came out of winter and everyone is complaining about a televised major championship. I don’t care if it’s a 30 shot lead and everyone else went home I’m glad golf is on

Winter has been over in most of the world for 3 months.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

In his prime, David Duval had about as much personality as a box of matches. But he played some great golf. Brooks is pretty much the same.

I’m hoping he comes out firing tomorrow and wins by a record margin.

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @tiderider said:

> > > if you're a golfer and passionate about the game, why does 'charisma' of the winner matter? ... i just don't get that ...

> >

> > It’s more than that.

> >

> > You’d prefer the guy profess to “ love the game “. Not “ wish he was playing baseball “. Your also prefer that he didn’t say “ I love these fans. Makes it feel like a real sporting event “. Insinuating #1 that those fans are ok and should be the norm .. and #2 that golf isn’t a real sport. As a former athlete in 2 sports ( track and field and basketball ) i can assure you that tournament golf is a sport. I don’t appreciate his attitude that basically says “ I’ll dominate this sport cause it’s easy , but I wish I was playing baseball “ schtick. I admire his ability. But I feel like he slaps the game in the face not showing respect for the game . I fear it slaps him back at some point if his tune continues.

> >

> > Maybe it’s all an act ? Sure. I’ve thought about that. But it’s tired either way.

>

> Agreed.

Or “I get bored during my round” and pretty much sounds like he’d rather be doing anything but play gold.

After listening to the Barstool sports interview it seems like 1) he’s trying really hard to be too cool for school and pretending like he isn’t into golf, or 2) he really isn’t into golf. Either way he’s really talented and smoking the field but I just can’t get behind the guy.

• Like 1

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

> @sbjinx said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @tiderider said:

> > > > if you're a golfer and passionate about the game, why does 'charisma' of the winner matter? ... i just don't get that ...

> > >

> > > It’s more than that.

> > >

> > > You’d prefer the guy profess to “ love the game “. Not “ wish he was playing baseball “. Your also prefer that he didn’t say “ I love these fans. Makes it feel like a real sporting event “. Insinuating #1 that those fans are ok and should be the norm .. and #2 that golf isn’t a real sport. As a former athlete in 2 sports ( track and field and basketball ) i can assure you that tournament golf is a sport. I don’t appreciate his attitude that basically says “ I’ll dominate this sport cause it’s easy , but I wish I was playing baseball “ schtick. I admire his ability. But I feel like he slaps the game in the face not showing respect for the game . I fear it slaps him back at some point if his tune continues.

> > >

> > > Maybe it’s all an act ? Sure. I’ve thought about that. But it’s tired either way.

> >

> > Agreed.

>

> Or “I get bored during my round” and pretty much sounds like he’d rather be doing anything but play gold.

>

> After listening to the Barstool sports interview it seems like 1) he’s trying really hard to be too cool for school and pretending like he isn’t into golf, or 2) he really isn’t into golf. Either way he’s really talented and smoking the field but I just can’t get behind the guy.

The fact that Brooksie dosen’t seem to even have passion for the game probably makes what he does all the more impressive. As impressive as it is his attitude does nothing to inspire as “Arnie’s Army” felt inspired by Arnold.

Brooks is immensely talented - everyone can see that. But he doesn’t inspire the way that forefathers before him have.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black