Tourstriker Planemate

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> One suggestion to Martin and the PM guys:

>

> I believe PM users would benefit from a protocol that focuses JUST on the transition from “restrict to relax”. This is such a critical component of the whole PM training and I believe one area that’s a bit open to interpretation (is the relax move as a result of hands dropping, squat ala GG motion, softening of wrists, etc) that I think it kinda gets lost in the sauce and there’s not as much focus as I believe there should be with this part of the swing.

>

> So for myself, I’ve started to do a drill in slow mo where I go from the top of the backswing and then with transitioning to the forward swing, aka the relax portion of the swing, I stop and just repeat that transition 30 times such that I better understand and groove that part of the swing. For me personally, that’s the toughest part to get right.

>

> Just a thought but others might want to give it a go.

Is that not the primary focus of Day 3 and 5?

• Like 1

> @Swisstrader98 said:

>

> I believe PM users would benefit from a protocol that focuses JUST on the transition from “restrict to relax”. This is such a critical component of the whole PM training and I believe one area that’s a bit open to interpretation (is the relax move as a result of hands dropping, squat ala GG motion, softening of wrists, etc) that I think it kinda gets lost in the sauce and there’s not as much focus as I believe there should be with this part of the swing.

>

> So for myself, I’ve started to do a drill in slow mo where I go from the top of the backswing and then with transitioning to the forward swing, aka the relax portion of the swing, I stop and just repeat that transition 30 times such that I better understand and groove that part of the swing. For me personally, that’s the toughest part to get right.

>

There is a whole long band protocol coming soon and expect this to be emphasized.

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist Tsi3 w/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow TX 6.0 
3 Wood: Cobra King Speedzone/HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70

5 Wood: Callaway Mavrik Subzero/Aldila Rogue White 70
Long Irons (4-6): Wilson D7 Forged/DG120TI
Short Irons (7-P): Wilson Staff Model Blade/DG120TI

Wedges (50/54/58): Callaway Jaws MD5 w/TI S200
Putter: Original Odyssey White Hot XG No. 7
Ball: Titleist Left Dash

> @pusb365 said:

> I go through phases where I hit the ball like s**t with the PM on, but as soon as I take it off I flush it without it on.

>

> So even when I'm not hitting it well with the PM on and it feels frustrating it's actually still doing its job and improving my swing.

I am starting to believe that there’s no real advantage to hitting balls w The PM on and may actually be a deterrent. I got VERY frustrated w trying to hit balls w it and I’m a decent ball striker.

> @GolfChannel said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > One suggestion to Martin and the PM guys:

> >

> > I believe PM users would benefit from a protocol that focuses JUST on the transition from “restrict to relax”. This is such a critical component of the whole PM training and I believe one area that’s a bit open to interpretation (is the relax move as a result of hands dropping, squat ala GG motion, softening of wrists, etc) that I think it kinda gets lost in the sauce and there’s not as much focus as I believe there should be with this part of the swing.

> >

> > So for myself, I’ve started to do a drill in slow mo where I go from the top of the backswing and then with transitioning to the forward swing, aka the relax portion of the swing, I stop and just repeat that transition 30 times such that I better understand and groove that part of the swing. For me personally, that’s the toughest part to get right.

> >

> > Just a thought but others might want to give it a go.

>

> There is a whole long band protocol coming soon and expect this to be emphasized.

Thanks and good to know.

> @Swisstrader98 said:

>

>

>

This is a great suggestion and where I find the most ambiguity as well. More explanation around this would be super helpful

• Like 1

> @kobe123 said:

> I just started yesterday. I'm a little nervous. My current handicap is a +0.1 so I'm a little skeptical, but hey, if rory is using it, i'll try it!

Rory, Colin Morikawa, Akshay Bhatia, Lydia Ko etc. etc are using it.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > One suggestion to Martin and the PM guys:

> >

> > I believe PM users would benefit from a protocol that focuses JUST on the transition from “restrict to relax”. This is such a critical component of the whole PM training and I believe one area that’s a bit open to interpretation (is the relax move as a result of hands dropping, squat ala GG motion, softening of wrists, etc) that I think it kinda gets lost in the sauce and there’s not as much focus as I believe there should be with this part of the swing.

> >

> > So for myself, I’ve started to do a drill in slow mo where I go from the top of the backswing and then with transitioning to the forward swing, aka the relax portion of the swing, I stop and just repeat that transition 30 times such that I better understand and groove that part of the swing. For me personally, that’s the toughest part to get right.

> >

> > Just a thought but others might want to give it a go.

>

> Is that not the primary focus of Day 3 and 5?

This is totally day 3 protocol.

• Like 1

> @Swisstrader98 said:

> > @pusb365 said:

> > I go through phases where I hit the ball like s**t with the PM on, but as soon as I take it off I flush it without it on.

> >

> > So even when I'm not hitting it well with the PM on and it feels frustrating it's actually still doing its job and improving my swing.

>

> I am starting to believe that there’s no real advantage to hitting balls w The PM on and may actually be a deterrent. I got VERY frustrated w trying to hit balls w it and I’m a decent ball striker.

>

My problem with full swings, and I've seen this from the pros who have taken videos, is the verrrry end of my follow through. The band kind of tugs you back. I've always had a high follow through with my hands (think Henrik Stenson, except not good), and this seems to get in the way of that. I noticed this happening on the video that George Gankas posted to IG. I'm thinking that I may find way more utility to just using the Planemate to hit pitch shots with a real ball and sticking with air swings for full swings, where the lack of follow through is likely to affect me the most. I can see myself struggling to hit the ball on full swings because I know that my follow through is going to be restricted.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

> @MaineMariner said:

> > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > @pusb365 said:

> > > I go through phases where I hit the ball like s**t with the PM on, but as soon as I take it off I flush it without it on.

> > >

> > > So even when I'm not hitting it well with the PM on and it feels frustrating it's actually still doing its job and improving my swing.

> >

> > I am starting to believe that there’s no real advantage to hitting balls w The PM on and may actually be a deterrent. I got VERY frustrated w trying to hit balls w it and I’m a decent ball striker.

> >

>

> My problem with full swings, and I've seen this from the pros who have taken videos, is the verrrry end of my follow through. The band kind of tugs you back. I've always had a high follow through with my hands (think Henrik Stenson, except not good), and this seems to get in the way of that. I noticed this happening on the video that George Gankas posted to IG. I'm thinking that I may find way more utility to just using the Planemate to hit pitch shots with a real ball and sticking with air swings for full swings, where the lack of follow through is likely to affect me the most. I can see myself struggling to hit the ball on full swings because I know that my follow through is going to be restricted.

I think one of the main points of the device is to prevent the hands from existing high on the follow through by instead using the pivot/rotation, hence the drills practicing the low left exit.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @MaineMariner said:

> > > @Swisstrader98 said:

> > > > @pusb365 said:

> > > > I go through phases where I hit the ball like s**t with the PM on, but as soon as I take it off I flush it without it on.

> > > >

> > > > So even when I'm not hitting it well with the PM on and it feels frustrating it's actually still doing its job and improving my swing.

> > >

> > > I am starting to believe that there’s no real advantage to hitting balls w The PM on and may actually be a deterrent. I got VERY frustrated w trying to hit balls w it and I’m a decent ball striker.

> > >

> >

> > My problem with full swings, and I've seen this from the pros who have taken videos, is the verrrry end of my follow through. The band kind of tugs you back. I've always had a high follow through with my hands (think Henrik Stenson, except not good), and this seems to get in the way of that. I noticed this happening on the video that George Gankas posted to IG. I'm thinking that I may find way more utility to just using the Planemate to hit pitch shots with a real ball and sticking with air swings for full swings, where the lack of follow through is likely to affect me the most. I can see myself struggling to hit the ball on full swings because I know that my follow through is going to be restricted.

>

> I think one of the main points of the device is to prevent the hands from existing high on the follow through by instead using the pivot/rotation, hence the drills practicing the low left exit.

One of David woods ig posts of a student he talks about this change in the students swing.

• Like 1

@MaineMariner I’ll try and post before/after exits with PM. I also have a high hand exit, and yeah I worked down to a 8 handicap this year, but my inconsistency was enough that I took a chance on the PM- let’s just say I don’t want to stay satisfied with a high hand exit if I can work on it. I think that’s the beauty of the PM - it’s going to create new feels to compare with your current swing. It’s an opportunity to decide if you like what you see, because it’s uncharted territory for your swing. How do you know that you won’t love your swing exiting left/low if you’ve never seen it/felt it?

• Like 1

Yup, seeing a LOT of similarities in my own swing in your "before" pictures. This will definitely be an offseason/late season project. Even though I'm happy with my scoring right now, I know there's definite room for improvement.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Cobra LTDx LS 5 wood

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

> @kobe123 said:

> With my own swing I noticed that I lose depth on the back swing. I don't whip it inside but I don't have enough depth on the take away. Basically my right hand goes by right pocket instead of out a little bit. Curious to see what this does for me.

I have pretty long arms and noticed I have to get pretty wide in the take away to keep the tension in the band. I almost feel like rory compared to the before

> @SkolGolfTN said:

> @MaineMariner these swings are 14 days apart, and owning PM for one week. New on the right wafl0rtvxutx.jpeg

> y98gulagjgoo.jpeg

>

Nice work! I'm guessing ball flight is more penetrating with less curve?

> @Krt22 said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > With my own swing I noticed that I lose depth on the back swing. I don't whip it inside but I don't have enough depth on the take away. Basically my right hand goes by right pocket instead of out a little bit. Curious to see what this does for me.

>

> I have pretty long arms and noticed I have to get pretty wide in the take away to keep the tension in the band. I almost feel like rory compared to the before

>

> > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > @MaineMariner these swings are 14 days apart, and owning PM for one week. New on the right wafl0rtvxutx.jpeg

> > y98gulagjgoo.jpeg

> >

>

> Nice work! I'm guessing ball flight is more penetrating with less curve?

Same, I really have to work on it. Feels way different than I'm used to.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > With my own swing I noticed that I lose depth on the back swing. I don't whip it inside but I don't have enough depth on the take away. Basically my right hand goes by right pocket instead of out a little bit. Curious to see what this does for me.

>

> I have pretty long arms and noticed I have to get pretty wide in the take away to keep the tension in the band. I almost feel like rory compared to the before

>

> > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > @MaineMariner these swings are 14 days apart, and owning PM for one week. New on the right wafl0rtvxutx.jpeg

> > y98gulagjgoo.jpeg

> >

>

> Nice work! I'm guessing ball flight is more penetrating with less curve?

Can you still hit draws with the PM?

> @jgonz69 said:

> > @kobe123 said:

> > I just started yesterday. I'm a little nervous. My current handicap is a +0.1 so I'm a little skeptical, but hey, if rory is using it, i'll try it!

>

>

> Rory, Colin Morikawa, Akshay Bhatia, Lydia Ko etc. etc are using it.

>

Isn't it a little misleading to say these people are using it? We've seen a 10 second video on the internet of each them using it with one swing. For all we know they used it for one swing in that one video, just to see what it was about.

• Like 4

I’m relatively new to this so hopefully I’m posting correctly. My ballflight has always been fairly penetrating due to KBS TourV shafts and I come in with strong shaft lean through the ball- with that said, my left/right dispersion is crazy tight vs before PM. Very little curve as the clubface is staying more neutral to path for much longer vs getting flippy/stall. (You can really see the diff in flip in my before/after)

If I swing correctly, I’m hitting super tight 2 yard fades or draws on command. So yes- you can still hit a draw, but I feel like the stock ballflight with plane mate is a tight little cut. The harder you rotate, the straighter it seems to go. - > @kobe123 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @kobe123 said:

> > > With my own swing I noticed that I lose depth on the back swing. I don't whip it inside but I don't have enough depth on the take away. Basically my right hand goes by right pocket instead of out a little bit. Curious to see what this does for me.

> >

> > I have pretty long arms and noticed I have to get pretty wide in the take away to keep the tension in the band. I almost feel like rory compared to the before

> >

> > > @SkolGolfTN said:

> > > @MaineMariner these swings are 14 days apart, and owning PM for one week. New on the right wafl0rtvxutx.jpeg

> > > y98gulagjgoo.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > Nice work! I'm guessing ball flight is more penetrating with less curve?

>

> Can you still hit draws with the PM?

> @jcolton said:

> > @jgonz69 said:

> > > @kobe123 said:

> > > I just started yesterday. I'm a little nervous. My current handicap is a +0.1 so I'm a little skeptical, but hey, if rory is using it, i'll try it!

> >

> >

> > Rory, Colin Morikawa, Akshay Bhatia, Lydia Ko etc. etc are using it.

> >

>

> Isn't it a little misleading to say these people are using it? We've seen a 10 second video on the internet of each them using it with one swing. For all we know they used it for one swing in that one video, just to see what it was about.

>

>

?are you one of those people who dont see it with their own eyes, they dont believe it?

22q4a6n8l075.jpeg

> @jcolton said:

> > @jgonz69 said:

> > > @kobe123 said:

> > > I just started yesterday. I'm a little nervous. My current handicap is a +0.1 so I'm a little skeptical, but hey, if rory is using it, i'll try it!

> >

> >

> > Rory, Colin Morikawa, Akshay Bhatia, Lydia Ko etc. etc are using it.

> >

>

> Isn't it a little misleading to say these people are using it? We've seen a 10 second video on the internet of each them using it with one swing. For all we know they used it for one swing in that one video, just to see what it was about.

>

>

Do we have 10 second videos of them on the internet using other popular training aides, just to see what they are about?

So I made full swings today with PM. No balls... just in my house. Made my DS move feeling like "stickman" arms were maintained (basically keep the wedge feeling as best I could) and my finishing position didn't have the band hitting my bottom hand like in my pics before. No clue what the ball flight would have been but the finishing position was good. I ordered to foam balls to hit indoors just to simulate a ball for the upcoming cold season.

Here is a weird thought: could my overlapping grip lead to my swing being a bit handsy? Back in the day I the only way I could hit a fade was to move to interlocking... I think what actually was happening was my hands got less active because I was essentially gripping the club with less fingers, maybe less forearm tension resulted. I swing the club significantly slower with interlock, but I wonder if this has any merit.