2019 Tour Championship

Darth Putter

> @MountainGoat said:

> Forget the format for a minute. Who is the most deserving winner? Imagine that this tournament magically identified the guy who had the best year. Who would it be? Koepka? McIlroy? Kucher? Other?

Rory has by far been the most consistent golfer this year. He has severely underachieved this year for how he has played.

I just think the FedEx playoffs should be exactly that. a playoff. So many players advance each event, but starting the next event are all on equal footing. They should have all started at even par at East Lake, and the winner wins it all. If that means you have less in the event, so be it. I just think the over think it and make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> I think the secret to appreciating this tournament more is to forget the notion that this series of events (the FX play offs) are designed to identify to best golfer of the year or the number one golfer in the world.

That's exactly what this tournament is trying to do -- identify the best golfer of the year. It's effectively attempting to be a Super Major, subsuming all previous results from all previous tournaments into a final winner. For my money, either Koepka, McIlroy or even Kucher would make a deserving winner.

> @MountainGoat said:

> > I think the secret to appreciating this tournament more is to forget the notion that this series of events (the FX play offs) are designed to identify to best golfer of the year or the number one golfer in the world.

> That's exactly what this tournament is trying to do -- identify the best golfer of the year. It's effectively attempting to be a Super Major, subsuming all previous results from all previous tournaments into a final winner. For my money, either Koepka, McIlroy or even Kucher would make a deserving winner.

Ultimately the Tour is in the business of producing tv shows. They need to keep ratings up. This is about keeping fans interested by keeping the best players playing after the majors are over. There are four tournaments a year that we really care about and judge everyone based on. They have been trying to make the Players the "fifth major" forever and no one is having it. They already have a player of the year award that they'll continue to give out outside of these events. This is a cash grab, and I'm fine with it because of the fields it produces.

• Like 1

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

> @gvogel said:

> > @dalehead said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > Nobody thought much of the Super Bowl the first few years, either. But, it has gained world-wide acceptance since then. Give this new format a few years.

> >

> > You’re right about no one taking the Super Bowl seriously at first, but it only took until Super Bowl III and Joe Willie Namath to change that.

>

> IF you were living in an American Football League city, you took the Super Bowl seriously right from the start. And, by the way, the 1964 Buffalo Bills would have roasted the Green Bay Packers.

Are you thinking of 1965? The Packers only went 8-5-1 in 1964. The 1964 Bills would have played the Cleveland Browns.

Actually quite enjoying the weather delay, Sky Sports are killing it with their coverage in the delay. Honestly, we are so lucky to get this quality of TV.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @OldBridge said:

> > @"carrier street" said:

> > > @OldBridge said:

> > > So this new format is giving us a two man race with 45 holes to go. Not really liking that.

> >

> > Wait... what?

>

> JT and Brooks are creating significant separation from the rest of the field.

They were definitely two of the guys that would not have been delighted with the weather delay kicking up. That said, the conditions looks absolutely perfect now. If the two of them put their foot down they could easily make this Mano y Mano over the weekend.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @755 said:

> > @755 said:

> > Sorry if this has already been answered but what is that sticking in Brooks shoelaces on his left shoe?

>

> Apparantly it is a ziptie..alrighty then.

I think we need to change this question from “what is it?” to “why is it?”

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

> @golfgirlrobin said:

> > @755 said:

> > > @755 said:

> > > Sorry if this has already been answered but what is that sticking in Brooks shoelaces on his left shoe?

> >

> > Apparantly it is a ziptie..alrighty then.

>

> I think we need to change this question from “what is it?” to “why is it?”

>

>

He’s wearing a “off white” x Nike collaboration?(I think I got that right)

Off white does some weird stuff with zip ties and labels on shoes.

> @buckeye440 said:

> > @" SwooshLT" said:

> > So instead of points, they've given strokes....now the guy with the "advantage " isn't playing well and has been passed.....wouldn't that be the same if based on points?

>

> The problem with giving strokes is it actually effects who win the Tour Championship (tournament) not just the playoffs which points only effect. As other have said, should the tournament count a tour win now since it is handicapped? I would argue no but nobody cares what I think.

>

I think they've just consolidated it by saying "you have to win the Tour Championship in order to win the FedEx cup.....how you want to get there is purely semantics...... I kinda like it myself!

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @MountainGoat said:

> > Forget the format for a minute. Who is the most deserving winner? Imagine that this tournament magically identified the guy who had the best year. Who would it be? Koepka? McIlroy? Kucher? Other?

>

> Rory has by far been the most consistent golfer this year. He has severely underachieved this year for how he has played.

>

> I just think the FedEx playoffs should be exactly that. a playoff. So many players advance each event, but starting the next event are all on equal footing. They should have all started at even par at East Lake, and the winner wins it all. If that means you have less in the event, so be it. I just think the over think it and make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Why would that make any sense? These aren't team sports playoffs..... only match play could come remotely close .....and that's a crapshoot......

Weird moment with Paul Casey and caddy on 18. My guess is meters versus yards issue.

> @golfgirlrobin said:

> Weird moment with Paul Casey and caddy on 18. My guess is meters versus yards issue.

Casey pulled the wrong club. Grabbed a 3 iron instead of his 4 iron.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/paul-casey-did-what-how-he-likely-cost-himself-a-stroke-at-18-though-he-remains-in-contention

_Oof. Sorry, Paul, this one’s on you – and he admitted as much afterward. “I mean, it couldn't have been any better looking,” he said of the shot from 234 yards. “I didn't give [my caddie] a glare or anything, but I'm thinking to myself, has he just given me a mystery? And then I look down and realized I hit the 3-iron, not the 4-iron._

_It was all Casey. “One's got a little 4 on it, and the 3's got nothing on it,” he said. “The sad thing is it's the second time I've done it this year. “To hit what is not an easy long iron from 248 yards exactly at the gentleman I was aiming at in the red shirt, I was pretty proud of myself.” And what about McLaren’s reaction? “He was laughing at me,” Casey said. “He thinks it's gold dust. He thinks it's fantastic._

> @grm24 said:

> > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > Weird moment with Paul Casey and caddy on 18. My guess is meters versus yards issue.

>

> Casey pulled the wrong club. Grabbed a 3 iron instead of his 4 iron.

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/paul-casey-did-what-how-he-likely-cost-himself-a-stroke-at-18-though-he-remains-in-contention

>

> _Oof. Sorry, Paul, this one’s on you – and he admitted as much afterward. “I mean, it couldn't have been any better looking,” he said of the shot from 234 yards. “I didn't give [my caddie] a glare or anything, but I'm thinking to myself, has he just given me a mystery? And then I look down and realized I hit the 3-iron, not the 4-iron._

>

> _It was all Casey. “One's got a little 4 on it, and the 3's got nothing on it,” he said. “The sad thing is it's the second time I've done it this year. “To hit what is not an easy long iron from 248 yards exactly at the gentleman I was aiming at in the red shirt, I was pretty proud of myself.” And what about McLaren’s reaction? “He was laughing at me,” Casey said. “He thinks it's gold dust. He thinks it's fantastic._

Thanks. Casey took the whole thing really well, especially when you consider what every stroke is worth this week.

• Like 1

> @golfgirlrobin said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > > @golfgirlrobin said:

> > > Weird moment with Paul Casey and caddy on 18. My guess is meters versus yards issue.

> >

> > Casey pulled the wrong club. Grabbed a 3 iron instead of his 4 iron.

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/paul-casey-did-what-how-he-likely-cost-himself-a-stroke-at-18-though-he-remains-in-contention

> >

> > _Oof. Sorry, Paul, this one’s on you – and he admitted as much afterward. “I mean, it couldn't have been any better looking,” he said of the shot from 234 yards. “I didn't give [my caddie] a glare or anything, but I'm thinking to myself, has he just given me a mystery? And then I look down and realized I hit the 3-iron, not the 4-iron._

> >

> > _It was all Casey. “One's got a little 4 on it, and the 3's got nothing on it,” he said. “The sad thing is it's the second time I've done it this year. “To hit what is not an easy long iron from 248 yards exactly at the gentleman I was aiming at in the red shirt, I was pretty proud of myself.” And what about McLaren’s reaction? “He was laughing at me,” Casey said. “He thinks it's gold dust. He thinks it's fantastic._

>

> Thanks. Casey took the whole thing really well, **especially when you consider what every stroke is worth this week. **

>

No doubt. Not sure what part of the coverage you watched today. On the 15th hole which was playing 229 (150 yesterday) yards Casey hit what seemed to be a solid shot but it came up 20+ yards short of the pin and nearly went in the water short right. From how Casey reacted after that shot it appears he _might_ have barked at or questioned his caddie a bit. While ithis happens all the time during a round we do not always get to see it on tv.

Edited to add this link from Casey post round. He fleshes it out a bit more from his 2nd shot on 18. Good read.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=153070