Do I open my mouth and complain to the GM about slow play?

> @farmer said:

> "Just because they are old doesn't mean they should be slow, as many are still walking." One of the most tone deaf posts I've read. Under2 must be under 40.

> @farmer said:

> "Just because they are old doesn't mean they should be slow, as many are still walking." One of the most tone deaf posts I've read. Under2 must be under 40.

Actually I am only a few years from joining them if I wish......

Again if you like waiting on every tee deck & fairway, be my guest..... I do not, I play the course all the time and yes was unhappy, but that's life and I'm a member. But obviously my guests enjoyment (and the course's want to ensure that) be damned.

I think CPG's marshall Darryl Bevins is looking for a job .. he's locked and loaded and ready to help

• Like 1

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo

Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @Under2hours said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @Under2hours said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @davep043 said:

> > > > > > @Under2hours said:

> > > > > > Brought out guests yesterday (good friends). Beautiful day. We were the first tee time after the Thursday Seniors group who are fit in starting at Hole 15 @ 9:00 am (7 groups (not all foursomes), playing a par 3,5,3,4 (15-18). Many have HC flags (allowing them to drive right to the green).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > We were off 1 @ 10:30 and probably teed off @ 10:35.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > From hole 2 on we waited varying degrees of time every hole. Were we way behind Time Par? No,

> > > > >

> > > > > How dare these inconsiderate seniors show up for their EVERY-WEEK THURSDAY game, didn't they know you were bringing friends? In spite of being movement-restricted severely enough to warrant the handicapped flag on the carts, they managed to maintain a pace of play that was consistent with the clubs pace of play policy, since you weren't behind the "time par". What did you really expect, that you would be able to race around the course by yourselves?

> > > > > If you think the time-par should be shorter, that's something to take up with the management. To me, 4:15 seems fairly reasonable, but I don't know the golf course. But a weekly seniors group deserves a place on the golf course, and to expect them to play a whole lot faster is probably unrealistic.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > Yep. Some folks should belong to clubs of which they are the only member.

> > > >

> > > > The bloom is apparently off the proverbial rose for the OP. https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1651968/spoiled-by-being-a-member-of-a-golf-club#latest

> > >

> > > I have not said anything negative about the club or "complained" since I joined. This was the one day we could have a game and needed to be off for some afternoon meetings. Yep was not thrilled and affected my guests.

> > >

> > > I too know Men's League is a slow day, thus wouldn't bring guests and also stopped playing as coming up at the end of the day & battling traffic for a 2:20 nine was not worth it.

> > >

> > > Enjoy your 5 hour round, we did not.

> >

> > It isn't really fair of you to morph the discussion from an original description of playing faster than "time par" of 4:15 and now categorizing it as a 5-hour round. It makes it hard for us to offer our genuine advice share opinions if you're going to keep changing the particulars of the complaint.

> >

> > I don't think anyone participating in this thread would be happy with a 5-hour round. I certainly would not. But in my opinion you should only complain to the GM about your actual experience. Not complain about how long someone else took.

> >

> > So please clarify. How long did it actually take you and your guests to play 18 holes? And what is published pace of play expectation for the course?

> >

> > If it took you less than the published "time par" to play your round then in my opinion you definitely have little room to complain.

> >

> > If it really took you 5 hours to finish your round then you would be entirely justified in telling the GM that you're upset and that it made you (and by extension the club) look bad in the eyes of your guests.

> >

> > The difference in "faster than 4:15" versus "5 hours" is pretty major.

>

> From Holes 2-14 playing behind them it was a 5 Hour POP. The fact we finished in time par means little. We played 14 very slow holes. Was not fun. As a member I could walk off, but had guests out and they weren't thrilled. And again was not all foursomes (threesome was ahead of us) and only 7 groups teeing off 15-18.

>

> Lesson learned....... Don't play Men's day, don't play behind Seniors or Juniors Tuesday & Thursday Afternoon, Friday 11:00-2:00, Comp days.......

As much as I'd like to pile on here as well, I won't. I usually don't complain about things if they happen just once. If it becomes a recurring scenario then I might mention it. Delivery is key.

Also I wouldn't complain on the behalf of your guests quite yet. It might make both of you sound a little whiny about a one off thing regarding a regularly scheduled game. No offense. Again delivery is key. Ask questions instead of making statements. I find that this usually gets the other party to think about answers more than just react to you. Also be prepared to not get the result you are looking for. They're not going to refund anyone's money, they might not see you in the same light moving forward, they might see you and your guest as a miserable lot, not that I'm saying you are. You have to decide if it's worth the potential "negative press". Delivery is key

Good luck.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @tatertot said:

> Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

>

> If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> >

> > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

>

> It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

>

> When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

>

> Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

>

>

>

>

Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > >

> > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> >

> > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> >

> > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> >

> > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

Thank you, you get it. A 4:15 round that is a 3:00 front nine and 1:15 back is not a pleasant time imo.

Interesting that as a member, some people here feel it is not my right to voice a concern.

Yes they were Seniors. Would it be different if I said Jr.'s were slow or women?

Again this is much like the first group of the day playing in 5:00 hours and backing up the course all day.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > >

> > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> >

> > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> >

> > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> >

> > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

• Like 1

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > >

> > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > >

> > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > >

> > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > >

> > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

>

> Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

>

My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

> @Under2hours said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > > >

> > > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > > >

> > > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > > >

> > > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > > >

> > > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> >

> > Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

> >

>

> My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

> @Under2hours said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > > >

> > > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > > >

> > > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > > >

> > > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > > >

> > > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> >

> > Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

> >

>

> My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

So, you're not looking for opinions ... You're looking for validation.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @Under2hours said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

I note you didn't pay any attention to TP's post using the "data" you supplied.

BTW, what time did you finish ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Our course also “hides” the senior group on weekday mornings. With some of the players over 90, there really is no way speed them up.

I am sure it’s a weekly game, if not more often.

I used to run into this when I worked nights and played during the day. Never said anything but I learned to expect it on their days. I also hoped if/when I was in my 80s I would have the health and friends to play and felt I would want to be treated as I treated them as a younger member.

• Like 1

> @Under2hours said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

Except as is obvious, you have been exaggerating the heck out of the incident.

Kind of an insult to those who might want to offer some advice or discuss when the premise of the rant is false.

Seems like these slow play rants, more often than not, end up the same. Learned my lesson, lol. No more clicking on "was I in the wrong" slow play threads, unless the title is "was it wrong not to introduce myself to the beautiful ladies changing into fresh shirts on the 12th fairway?" Answer, in case it comes up, "No! Keep following even if they take six hours to play and save the introductions for the 19th hole!"

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Under2hours said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > > > >

> > > > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > > > >

> > > > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> > >

> > > Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

> > >

> >

> > My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

>

> Except as is obvious, you have been exaggerating the heck out of the incident.

>

> Kind of an insult to those who might want to offer some advice or discuss when the premise of the rant is false.

>

> Seems like these slow play rants, more often than not, end up the same. Learned my lesson, lol. No more clicking on "was I in the wrong" slow play threads, unless the title is "was it wrong not to introduce myself to the beautiful ladies changing into fresh shirts on the 12th fairway?" Answer, in case it comes up, "No! Keep following even if they take six hours to play and save the introductions for the 19th hole!"

How am I exaggerating? It was slow, no ifs, ands or buts?

Okay let's explain again the 5:15 POP (I was being polite saying 5:00 hours). The seniors started @ 9:00 am. We teed off at 10:35 and were waiting on the second tee at 10:45. So the groups had played 6 holes (3 par 3's, 2 par 4's & a par 5) in 1:45, which equates to a 5:15 18 holes.

Were you there? Maybe pm me your name & member # & can discuss in more detail. Ughhhh!!!!!

> @Under2hours said:

> Were you there? Maybe pm me your name & member # & can discuss in more detail. Ughhhh!!!!!

How long did YOUR round take, all 18 holes, start to finish. You teed off at 10:35 and finished at ?????

You keep talking about how much time some other group took to play. Did your round finish in less than the published, expected time or not?

> @Under2hours said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Under2hours said:

> > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> > > >

> > > > Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

> > > >

> > >

> > > My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

> >

> > Except as is obvious, you have been exaggerating the heck out of the incident.

> >

> > Kind of an insult to those who might want to offer some advice or discuss when the premise of the rant is false.

> >

> > Seems like these slow play rants, more often than not, end up the same. Learned my lesson, lol. No more clicking on "was I in the wrong" slow play threads, unless the title is "was it wrong not to introduce myself to the beautiful ladies changing into fresh shirts on the 12th fairway?" Answer, in case it comes up, "No! Keep following even if they take six hours to play and save the introductions for the 19th hole!"

>

> How am I exaggerating? It was slow, no ifs, ands or buts?

>

> Okay let's explain again the 5:15 POP (I was being polite saying 5:00 hours). The seniors started @ 9:00 am. We teed off at 10:35 and were waiting on the second tee at 10:45. So the groups had played 6 holes (3 par 3's, 2 par 4's & a par 5) in 1:45, which equates to a 5:15 18 holes.

>

> Were you there? Maybe pm me your name & member # & can discuss in more detail. Ughhhh!!!!!

Here's your OP

"Brought out guests yesterday (good friends). Beautiful day. We were the first tee time after the Thursday Seniors group who are fit in starting at Hole 15 @ 9:00 am (7 groups, not all foursomes), playing a par 3,5,3,4 (15-18). Many have HC flags (allowing them to drive right to the green).

We were off 1 @ 10:30 and probably teed off @ 10:35.

From hole 2 on we waited varying degrees of time every hole. Were we way behind Time Par? No, but the course really should be 3:45 not 4:15 as only one water hazard and have to hit it really bad to be losing balls (heck we had searches too as one guest was wonky off the tee). Thankfully done after 14 and at least the last four holes were at the proper POP"

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,, I notice you paid no attention to @ThinkingPlus post #26, admiring your apparent 2:20 POP so I guess you'll probably ignore this one as well but I'll give it the old college try,,,,,,,,,,

I'm sure you (or someone else) will check my math and correct me if I'm wrong but you said there were 7 groups of seniors. But even if not all 4-somes, let's say the groups teed off in rather short intervals, say 7 minutes.

So (the first) 6 groups times 7 minutes is 42 minutes putting the 7th/LAST senior group, presumably the one you were playing behind, on their 1st tee (15) at 9:42.

You teed off 1 at 10:35. So the LAST group of seniors completed 4.5 holes in about 53 minutes. 4.5 holes is exactly 1/4 of the course. So the last group, the one right in front of you. completed "exactly" 1/4 of their round in approximately 53 minutes. 53x4=212 minutes. That's a 3:32 POP.

So, according to you, they played the first 4.5 holes in a 3:30 POP and the last 13.5 holes, the last 3/4 of the course, at an almost 6 hour POP.

Wonder what the odds of that are ?

Maybe they knew it was you behind them ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

> @farmer said:

> OP, you joined this club a bit over a year ago, loved it, everything was perfect. You bring guests to play when you know there is a senior MEMBER play day, and you're peeved that the old MEMBERS failed to play at your preferred pace. Perhaps you should rethink your position.

Right.

This is why I would not mention anything as it's happened only once. Why start trouble for what is at the moment a one off occurrence? I would ask, preferably segued from another conversation, if "fitting in" senior groups among regular tee times was a common practice or if it was better to block off times after them if it was a known weekly game. Maybe ask if other members have said anything about playing behind them.

And even if I did, I definitely would not mention my guests at all. That's not going to help the situation in the least.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

> @2bGood said:

> After reading the OP's posts including the ones in this thread, I am fairly certain he is "that guy".

> @tatertot said:

> > @Under2hours said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > > > >

> > > > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > > > >

> > > > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> > >

> > > Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

> > >

> >

> > My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

>

> > @Under2hours said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> So, you're not looking for opinions ... You're looking for validation.

That's kind of how things go with these threads. You give an honest answer, but it's only because you must love 6 hour rounds and not anything in between.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Under2hours said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @Under2hours said:

> > > > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > > > Who makes your clubs POP time? If 4:15 is the POP, the GM needs to uphold it. What is he going to say to groups who are meeting it?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If the 4:15 needs to be changed, talk to whoever has the power to change it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It should be upheld, but OP finished within the 4:15 for the 18. Just didn't like the per hole timing he claims to have experienced for most of the round. Overall, his round was fine. Just claimed a 5 hour round based on extrapolation of time on some holes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I was in high school, in the summer, we hated having to wait for the course to be cleared of all the Wednesday "men's day" groups teeing off after lunch. You followed the last group and knew it was going to be long waits, or drove around/played tennis/mowed a yard/stared at certain good looking moms by the pool for an hour or two waiting for a time to go out and not be held up. Always have to adjust for certain groups at country clubs at certain times. Now OP is griping about all of those situations.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Note, OP was touting not all that long ago how much fun it is to have the first times off the tee at the club every single Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure others would like to play without someone in front of them most of the time, but he's got the slots, lol. Good for him, but suck it up when you actually have to follow another group that pays the same dues.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just because he finished 18 in 4:15 doesn't make his gripe invalid IMO. Plenty of tournaments (and well run courses) have POP expectations that they check through out the round. If it takes 3hrs to play 9 holes and no marshal was seen, I think it's valid to gripe about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except he's making up the whole 3 hours to play 9 holes. Using his repeated 5 hour pace for certain holes, which included that pace for holes 10-14, that would be 1 hour 23 minutes to play those five holes, yet they played the entire back nine in 1 hour 15 minutes. It's pretty obvious he's exaggerating the whole 5 hour round pace thing, let alone blazing around the back in 1:15 - not possible.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > My guests were miffed at the POP and that is a reflection on the club & yes me as the host not providing them the experience I was hoping for. But you are all concerned with the exact time. It was SLOW and they played at a 5 hour pace, that's all one needs to know.

> > >

> > > Except as is obvious, you have been exaggerating the heck out of the incident.

> > >

> > > Kind of an insult to those who might want to offer some advice or discuss when the premise of the rant is false.

> > >

> > > Seems like these slow play rants, more often than not, end up the same. Learned my lesson, lol. No more clicking on "was I in the wrong" slow play threads, unless the title is "was it wrong not to introduce myself to the beautiful ladies changing into fresh shirts on the 12th fairway?" Answer, in case it comes up, "No! Keep following even if they take six hours to play and save the introductions for the 19th hole!"

> >

> > How am I exaggerating? It was slow, no ifs, ands or buts?

> >

> > Okay let's explain again the 5:15 POP (I was being polite saying 5:00 hours). The seniors started @ 9:00 am. We teed off at 10:35 and were waiting on the second tee at 10:45. So the groups had played 6 holes (3 par 3's, 2 par 4's & a par 5) in 1:45, which equates to a 5:15 18 holes.

> >

> > Were you there? Maybe pm me your name & member # & can discuss in more detail. Ughhhh!!!!!

>

> Here's your OP

>

> "Brought out guests yesterday (good friends). Beautiful day. We were the first tee time after the Thursday Seniors group who are fit in starting at Hole 15 @ 9:00 am (7 groups, not all foursomes), playing a par 3,5,3,4 (15-18). Many have HC flags (allowing them to drive right to the green).

>

> We were off 1 @ 10:30 and probably teed off @ 10:35.

>

> From hole 2 on we waited varying degrees of time every hole. Were we way behind Time Par? No, but the course really should be 3:45 not 4:15 as only one water hazard and have to hit it really bad to be losing balls (heck we had searches too as one guest was wonky off the tee). Thankfully done after 14 and at least the last four holes were at the proper POP"

>

>

> Hmmmm,,,,,,,,, I notice you paid no attention to @ThinkingPlus post #26, admiring your apparent 2:20 POP so I guess you'll probably ignore this one as well but I'll give it the old college try,,,,,,,,,,

>

>

> I'm sure you (or someone else) will check my math and correct me if I'm wrong but you said there were 7 groups of seniors. But even if not all 4-somes, let's say the groups teed off in rather short intervals, say 7 minutes.

>

>

> So (the first) 6 groups times 7 minutes is 42 minutes putting the 7th/LAST senior group, presumably the one you were playing behind, on their 1st tee (15) at 9:42.

>

>

> You teed off 1 at 10:35. So the LAST group of seniors completed 4.5 holes in about 53 minutes. 4.5 holes is exactly 1/4 of the course. So the last group, the one right in front of you. completed "exactly" 1/4 of their round in approximately 53 minutes. 53x4=212 minutes. That's a 3:32 POP.

>

> So, according to you, they played the first 4.5 holes in a 3:30 POP and the last 13.5 holes, the last 3/4 of the course, at an almost 6 hour POP.

>

> Wonder what the odds of that are ?

>

> Maybe they knew it was you behind them ?

>

>

Huh? I explained but maybe not clear enough, thus I'll apologize. It is a shotgun as all tee off @ 9:00 (first tee off is 7:00 am, so they are ahead of the early dew-sweepers). So there is one group on 18, 2 on each of 15-17 & not all foursomes (in fact the group ahead of us was a twosome, who were in a HC cart, thus allowed to drive right to the green and neither capable of hitting it 100 yards). This twosome actually only plays 8 holes and played only 'til hole 4.

When the twosome left, we caught the threesome ahead of them on the fifth (two of three were walking).

The POP for their 18 was 5:00-5:15.

> @Under2hours said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @Under2hours said:

> > > The POP for their 18 was 5:00-5:15.

> >

> > You keep saying "their" but what about YOUR pace of place for YOUR 18 holes?

>

> 2-13 we were on a 5:15 pace. That is all that matters!!!!!

So you're absolutely not going to answer the question are you?

In that case, my answer to the original post is no. You should not complain to the GM or anyone else. It is mostly likely whatever you say to the GM will reflect more badly on yourself than you realize. If you're going to remain a member there, being "that guy" (as Dave puts it) is not in your long term interest.

I have a couple of couple of hot button issues at my own club. I might even grumble a bit to some of my friends there once in a while but they're both situations where the things I don't like are things that were going on before I was a member, are probably going to continue long after I'm gone and I'm not going to get 350 other people to change just to accommodate my wishes. So I keep my mouth shut and deal with it. I'd still rather be a member there than another other club within 50 miles.