2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Rory new driver shaft

Yup. Great shaft....just never caught fire on tour. Sergio did win the Masters with the DC "XT" TX (which prompted them to release the TX flex to the public shortly thereafter). He moved on from it though and is now in the Tensei blue I believe. It's a great shaft, just didn't reach the legendary status that the OG XT/XTS did. That shaft is a Hall of Famer with the wins it notched and bags it stayed in for months upon months. Tour play isn't everything, to be sure. I just think it's fascinating to see what parts these guys gravitate towards.....

Also, the poster above is right - the DC TX was not supposed to "be" the XT, it was just supposed to cater to the low low profile that XT loyalist loved.

• Like 1

> @Breezy-3- said:

> > @musclefront said:

> > All I know is I have the KK DC XT TX 60 and I love it

>

> I love mine too, in 70TX. Lol at the conspiracy theory in this post that this shaft isn’t a high end premium product. This shaft has been hard to replace. It’s just sooo good.

>

Toll told me that the tx flex in the dc xt was a tour product and they didn’t release the dc xt tx to public. All TX in the dc xt is tour issue was my understanding so I would think that would make it a high end shaft ha

> @Breezy-3- said:

> > @musclefront said:

> > All I know is I have the KK DC XT TX 60 and I love it

>

> I love mine too, in 70TX. Lol at the conspiracy theory in this post that this shaft isn’t a high end premium product. This shaft has been hard to replace. It’s just sooo good.

>

To be honest, I gamed a 2016 Tour Issue M2. I tried dozens shaft in over the last few years. pro white, pro orange, pro blue, Hzrdus everything, Diamana, rogue 125, etc in various weights and flexes. Nothing produced better numbers for me than KK DC XT 60TX. Even when I went for a fitting this year at true spec, I tried all the new 2019 drivers with various shafts. Nothing beat it. I then went into the Epic Flash sub zero triple diamond this year. I really loved the look and feel and was hitting it straight, but couldn't get the spin down. Again I tried, pro white, hzrdus all types of stuff but couldn't get spin out of the high 2000s and it was still losing out to the M2. I took out the back weight altogether and had it hot melted. It took off a few hundred RPMs of spin, but again, no shaft could get it down to the low 2000s. That is until I found a KK DC XT 70TX. Now this is the driver.

My only critique, which is more of blessing than a problem is I have trouble turning it over. As someone who always hit a ball right to left, and still does with every other club, my driver flight is straight to a slight push fade. I have been searching for this anti left driver forever; but sometimes right to left the shot to be played on a hole. Nevertheless, I will always tinker and test because there can always be something better, but KKDCXT continues to win in my bag.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos Patriot TS 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Atmos Blue TS 8x  

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

The KK DC TX "XT" was released through dealers but you had to ask to get one....it wasn't in the "main" line of flexes. After Sergio won the Masters, they posted on Instagram that they would be released to dealers. So, Toll is right. If you knew a dealer like Toll, JDs, etc. then they were easy to get.

Pomps is spot on that it might be the lowest of all low....for me, who needs that it was actually too low and I lost control. Great shaft though.

> @Pomps said:

> > @Breezy-3- said:

> > > @musclefront said:

> > > All I know is I have the KK DC XT TX 60 and I love it

> >

> > I love mine too, in 70TX. Lol at the conspiracy theory in this post that this shaft isn’t a high end premium product. This shaft has been hard to replace. It’s just sooo good.

> >

>

> To be honest, I gamed a 2016 Tour Issue M2. I tried dozens shaft in over the last few years. pro white, pro orange, pro blue, Hzrdus everything, Diamana, rogue 125, etc in various weights and flexes. Nothing produced better numbers for me than KK DC XT 60TX. Even when I went for a fitting this year at true spec, I tried all the new 2019 drivers with various shafts. Nothing beat it. I then went into the Epic Flash sub zero triple diamond this year. I really loved the look and feel and was hitting it straight, but couldn't get the spin down. Again I tried, pro white, hzrdus all types of stuff but couldn't get spin out of the high 2000s and it was still losing out to the M2. I took out the back weight altogether and had it hot melted. It took off a few hundred RPMs of spin, but again, no shaft could get it down to the low 2000s. That is until I found a KK DC XT 70TX. Now this is the driver.

>

> My only critique, which is more of blessing than a problem is I have trouble turning it over. As someone who always hit a ball right to left, and still does with every other club, my driver flight is straight to a slight push fade. I have been searching for this anti left driver forever; but sometimes right to left the shot to be played on a hole. Nevertheless, I will always tinker and test because there can always be something better, but KKDCXT continues to win in my bag.

This has been my same exact experience. My ball flight has shifted from a sometimes unreliable draw to a much more stable straight to slight fade with the right numbers for spin and launch. It really has taken one side of the course out of play for me which was exactly what I was looking for. I too had it in a TI 2016 M2 head until that was stolen. I now have it in a G410 LST and the performance is excellent. When I need a right to left shot, I typically just pull 3 wood. It’s easier to turn over for me, although I do have an 80 TX in it as well. I’ve tinkered, I’ve tested, it just hasn’t been beaten.

I have a KK DC 70tx in a tour issue m4 and it’s been a killer shaft. I can hit a draw easily and still hit my go to fade. It feels so good but ever since I took notice to the KK line I’ve fell in love. I forever played a og Diamana whiteboard and tried a d+ and a d limited and thought about a df but the KK “XT” profile has been money. I have 2 DC 70tx so it’s a shaft I love in my driver.

> @Gtyler14 said:

> I have a KK DC 70tx in a tour issue m4 and it’s been a killer shaft. I can hit a draw easily and still hit my go to fade. It feels so good but ever since I took notice to the KK line I’ve fell in love. I forever played a og Diamana whiteboard and tried a d+ and a d limited and thought about a df but the KK “XT” profile has been money. I have 2 DC 70tx so it’s a shaft I love in my driver.

Yea I’ve played the OG whiteboard 73x until the KK DC XT TX60. So smooth

> @musclefront said:

> > @Gtyler14 said:

> > I have a KK DC 70tx in a tour issue m4 and it’s been a killer shaft. I can hit a draw easily and still hit my go to fade. It feels so good but ever since I took notice to the KK line I’ve fell in love. I forever played a og Diamana whiteboard and tried a d+ and a d limited and thought about a df but the KK “XT” profile has been money. I have 2 DC 70tx so it’s a shaft I love in my driver.

>

> Yea I’ve played the OG whiteboard 73x until the KK DC XT TX60. So smooth

>

OG whiteboard was awesome. I use to game a 83x in a Nike vr tour head.

• Like 1

For a guy who never really liked the KK I’m blown away with how confusing they made this line. You could write a small book just trying to explain this one line of shafts. I wish everyone would use the Ventus line as a example of how market a product. 3 colors for 3 different profiles. Useless there are bunch of Tour only Ventus profiles we don’t know about.

• Like 1

Seems Rory is still using this week in China. Saw a photo of him on the range and the KK is still in the bag.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10.0: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 5-19.5: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

I've been experimenting with the DC 70TX in my Driver this season. When hit well it's a huge drive down the middle, when struck poorly it's a HUGE MISS RIGHT. I bought the 60TX to experiment because I think the shaft may be a bit too heavy. Tipped the 60TX an extra ~1/3" to accommodate for spin/feel. Only took a couple swings with the 60 but I think it's the right move for me. Real excited to take some more swings.

Shaft feels great and is very low spin. If struck well it's incredible straight. I've yet to hit a hook with it as well.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

> @300_Straight said:

> I've been experimenting with the DC 70TX in my Driver this season. When hit well it's a huge drive down the middle, when struck poorly it's a HUGE MISS RIGHT. I bought the 60TX to experiment because I think the shaft may be a bit too heavy. Tipped the 60TX an extra ~1/3" to accommodate for spin/feel. Only took a couple swings with the 60 but I think it's the right move for me. Real excited to take some more swings.

>

> Shaft feels great and is very low spin. If struck well it's incredible straight. I've yet to hit a hook with it as well.

I have the 70tx DC and it’s hands down been one of my favorite shafts ever. I can do everything with it I need to. I can move if either way however much I like it. I still liked the XTS like Rory is gaming again but love the DC TX

Rory also uses a KK in his short driver video that was recently posted. If they are making mini driver KK versions for him then it must be a shaft that he is changing out anytime soon.

Proto xts is so good and unique. It's the first shaft that I spun an launched too low in 60g tx. I was so shocked on track man I had to check club and settings again, then lofted up to barely get into my spin window. Changed heads and it was perfect.

I game the xt tx now and it DEFINITELY launches higher and spins more than xts proto. To sell to masses it was really neccessary altho tx is still stupid low spin and tight as hell dispersion.

Haha Rors tipped it 2". Oh man!

TM '17 M1 440 9.5° Diamana Tensei White 70TX
TM '17 M1 15° Rombax P95x
TM '17 M1 18° Accra Tour Zx 4100
Callaway Apex '19 20° Hybrid HZRDUS Black 105x
Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X
SM7 Jet Black 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K DG Black Onyx S400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S Flat Cat Tak Svelte

must be liked old friends re-united. he was killing it this past week.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I am curious, what is the difference between this shaft and the XD?

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> I am curious, what is the difference between this shaft and the XD?

2 cores of TiNi with the outer layer being 1.5 times longer which results in a stiffer mid to tip on the XD.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

• 3 years later...
On 10/22/2019 at 9:07 PM, Valtiel said:

> @ignitewvu said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > I know Mitsu stopped printing certain graphics on their shafts. The XTS had two finishes (one silverish on the bottom half and one more black on the bottom...that one was usually etched with XTS). I believe those have been discontinued and all of the graphics now look like the KK Dual Core (more stark black and white contrast). I think Fleetwoods XTS was painted like the KK Dual Core before he switched to the DF more recently just like this one Rory is using. It's extremely confusing, for sure. There are other threads on the KK XT, KK DC and KK DC XT that have all the info and will also make a guy go cross-eyed!

> >

> > I have owned them all and the graphic differences are extremely subtle. The Dual Core was a wholly different profile that Rory never liked. I know for a fact (from MRC) that Rory, Day and Fleetwood were all in the original KK XTS. Adam Scott had been too. Rory never liked the silver bottom (his was black and white much like the Dual Core XT). But, they all used the XTS or XT as it's more commonly known. This was confirmed by the MRC guys at the PGA show.

> >

> > Bottom line - I'd bet a healthy sum that Rory's is the Kuro Kage XTS (simply painted in the new Dual Core graphic). MRC just doesn't make the old paint jobs anymore even though they were very similar.

> >

> > The XT or XTS is an amazing shaft and it's not a coincidence that it's been a baby blanket for Rory, Day, and so many more for so long....

>

> I agree and I never bought any of the stories about the DC series, it was a confusing mess of a line. DC, DC TX is a XT, DC TS is just a tour stiff although it had the exact same butt sticker as the XT TX which was different from the regular DC. If it was the same shaft the pro's wouldn't be going back to the previous gen Premium shaft.

>

> I'm personally getting tired of Mitsubishi & their "TX" shafts that look exactly like made for retail lines but they "Claim" they are made with "Better Materials" Blah Blah. The fact they are doing that with the Tensei AV line which is a bust makes me even more confused.

>

> I went to Fuji This summer and most likely won't go back at least with them I know my Ventus performs and it is made with LEGIT materials.

It was my understanding that the Dual Core TX was not supposed to be the same shaft as the XT, just similar in that it was the low/low "premium" profile that was next in line that never fully caught on. It was made even more confusing by the fact that it was referred to as the "XT" profile in lieu of there being any clearer marketing language behind it. Just a big mess overall. And I agree regarding the Tensei AV line as well, it seems to be going down a similar path. It is all just one big weird transitional growing phase between the maligned "made for" shafts of the past and the attempt to blur the lines between them and the premium offerings moving forward.

I don't know if this can be considered a phenomenon in Japanese business/marketing, but the same thing has been going on over the last decade with Ibanez Guitars. Most of products mid tier and up used to be made in Japan, then they sort of split into the standard line and the "Prestige" line with more and more of the "made in Japan" products moving to the "Prestige" label and everything else being split between Indonesia, Taiwan, and China. Then they split further by introducing a "Premium" line which was beneath the "Prestige" line, but above the standard line that was manufactured exclusively out of Indonesia it seemed. Now today, even many of the "Prestige" guitars are no longer made in Japan. That seems to be going on with MRC as well with an increasing number of shafts being manufactured in China. I think the portion of people who ultimately care about this is still small enough to where they can continue obfuscating things like this, but it sure is fatiguing.

Old thread I know, but did anyone ever come across any visuals of the bend profile of the KK DC TX? I can find them on the pretty much all (Silver, XT, XD, etc, but never saw one one the DC TX. 

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

20 hours ago, Pomps said:

Old thread I know, but did anyone ever come across any visuals of the bend profile of the KK DC TX? I can find them on the pretty much all (Silver, XT, XD, etc, but never saw one one the DC TX. 

Mitsu TX shafts are typically X but slightly stiffer tip sections.  There are exceptions but mostly they add some material to the tip section.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

On 4/2/2023 at 9:41 AM, Pomps said:

Never saw a bend profile on that one, no. I own a few but never really A/B'd them against the other KK shafts. The butt section wall thickness is a little lower/thinner on the DC TX compared to the KK XT, potentially meaning a softer handle, and the extra TiNi wire lowered the balance point a bit I think, so on paper I think it's a slightly more linear, tip heavy version of the KK XT which really only found favor with Sergio on tour as he had it in the bag during his Masters run. Great shafts, just never got traction. They made an even rarer Dual Core version of the XM profile as well which i've only seen once on tour.  

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10  ST //  Callaway Apex UW 19* Aldila Rogue M*AX 85TX
Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour // Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

8 hours ago, Valtiel said:

Never saw a bend profile on that one, no. I own a few but never really A/B'd them against the other KK shafts. The butt section wall thickness is a little lower/thinner on the DC TX compared to the KK XT, potentially meaning a softer handle, and the extra TiNi wire lowered the balance point a bit I think, so on paper I think it's a slightly more linear, tip heavy version of the KK XT which really only found favor with Sergio on tour as he had it in the bag during his Masters run. Great shafts, just never got traction. They made an even rarer Dual Core version of the XM profile as well which i've only seen once on tour.  

Thanks for the intel!

• Like 1

Still rocking. Not that I expected a change. 

version=1&uuid=6FAA8D2F-6688-4DB7-9BE7-D8D0E67716EC&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

version=1&uuid=21CF6A9B-427D-4530-8F97-CC0532293ED6&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

version=1&uuid=26ACDA2C-2A1D-4D42-90D3-DBC8A751E0C4&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg