2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Reed's Caddy in an "altercation"

titleless_30

Patrick Reed should have responded the same to every single fan who got close and insulted him... (while dismissively staring into the distance and fanning his face)*LOUD SIGH* "Kessler, why the **** is Greg Norman trying to talk to me again? Tell him Tiger never got the damn letter."

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

"Man's law." LOLOLOL

Doing physical harm is bad behavior. Anytime, anywhere, excepting rare cases of immediate self-defense. This was not one of those cases.

That you perceive others reacting in fear to your willingness to do physical harm in non-extreme instances is not something to be proud of. It does not make you morally superior. Quite the opposite, actually. People may react in fear to you using physical force over trivial things because they are astounded that someone would sacrifice their moral integrity over something as trivial as the spoken word.

• Like 1

lol. You missed the point entirely. If you read very well you can see that I said several times that striking the guy wasn’t the right thing to do But. I can understand the thought of , or action of doing it . 3 days of verbal harassment led To it . I am not however morally averse to laying hands on someone for a word if it comes to it. People do not have to stand and hear your abuse. And it seems to worry some that I say that . It’s really easy . Act right , mind your business , and everybody is good.

Aa far as mans law . yes it’s always subject to change therefore it’s certainly imperfect and can be questioned.

And really , he has to listen to the heckling because of his income level ? GTFO of here with that red nonsense

comparing the moral integrity of a guy defending himself to a two fisted beer drunk , spewing profanity to a man he’s never met , well is maybe the most cringe worthy thing I’ve read here in a while. .

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I can see your point, but I do not think you are describing the situation accuaretly.

First of all, Kessler was not harrassed. You can argue that Reed was harrassed (which I do not think is true). But even then, there is no need for Kessler TO STOP THE CART and approach the guy. He escalates the situation for no reason. Reed did not seem to think it was necessary to do anything (otherwise he would've approached the guy himself/told security).

Honestly, if someone is above the age of 12, I hope they have the mental fortitude to let stuff like this go.

• Like 1

Can't have it both ways. Either laying hands on someone is ok or not. You are ok with it.

There is only man's law. I agree that it is imperfect but it is the best we have.

If you can read very well you will note that I did not compare the integrity of the drunk fan with Reed's caddie.

Rich people deserve MORE scrutiny than the other 95-98% of the world. If you truly thought that there was more than just 'man's law' you would see that. When rich people stop being in charge of everything everywhere then maybe I will give them an occasional pass.

Oh well, you can lead a horse to water...

Let's not make false equivalencies. Heckling someone and physically assaulting someone are not on the same level of wrongness.

And when you have some people on here saying that laying hands on another person can be morally virtuous, forgive me if I need to take your words of life wisdom about personal responsibility with four tablespoons of salt.

• Like 1

i didn’t say that the flock followed MY moral compass. I specifically said for me. You’re equating my words to advice for life. That’s not my intent. I’m just explaining to oikos that folks who disagree with him exist , and we aren’t the dregs of society as a rule.

sincw you’re so interested in me I’ll say this. I avoid confrontation like the plague. I’ll take a lot to stay to myself. I’m speaking out against the person who is opposite of that. The guy who is the loudest in the room , and feels the need to continue to poke the bear because he mistakes silence for weakness. That’s how I see these hecklers. They are “ that guy “. And we are starting to see them get what they are asking for. Is it a good thing ? Of course not. Which is exactly why I said the tour needed to stop the issue ( drunk fans ) so that the desired outcome of fan/ player caddie interaction happens. I don’t feel like the onus is on decent acting folks to adjust their level of tolerance to accommodate the drunk cursing fan. I think that fan should be made to behave or leave. There will be clashes of opinion until they make that happen.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Lol what’s the yard stick for measuring “ rich “. ? I’m wealthy compared to the worlds standards ,middle class for the USA and I’d shock you with how little my net worth is.

Talk about false equivalence.

I grew up technically homeless. Even though I had a couch to crash on at my grandmothers. I didn’t have my own bed until age 15. I bought it myself. I’ve seen , heard and done more things than I can say here and I retain a Completely clean criminal record. Don’t come at me with stories of rich vs poor and privilege vs plight. I adopted my nephew at age 3 ( 11 now) to stop that cycle . this isn’t a vein of conversation you can stump me on. Maybe your experiences are similar. ( I sincerely hope not ) I’m not about making it a contest. But I can talk all day on how people are people. Some rich are golden. Some poor are poor because they are lazy. And the opposite is true for each. I have customers that range from billionaires to people ordering jobs and not being able to pay. The one billionaire is literally the nicest unassuming guy I’ve ever met , and some of the ones who come in and throw their weight around couldn’t buy a nickel stick of gum on time.

Flip it around and I had a poor lady scratch her husbands 76 Cadillac backing it out the driveway. She sobbed when I told her the estimate to fix it. He had passed and she wanted to get it out and drive it before having to sell it. And she scratched it all the way down the drivers side backing it out. I painted that car side for free. And the lady has sent me 10x that much business. There’s all kinds in each demographic. Money has zero to do with it.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Beating up someone is wrong. Any sort of physical contact is wrong except in extreme circumstances. Doesn't matter who is doing it. Calling someone the F word is distasteful, but I wouldn't say that it is wrong.

I am saying that rich people deserve more scrutiny because they generally have more power than poor people. Political power, monetary power, power through personal connections, etc.

I agree. He should have half of his posts taken away and given to Oikos. It's unfair how he has so many more posts. And we should scrutinize him more since he seems to earn more posts faster than everyone else.

• Like 1

Cameron Select Newport 2

This is the internet. Completely different scenario.

And why worry about post count ? I post all sorts of nonsense. Plenty of it isn’t argumentative,it’s silly funny nonsense. Mostly This is an outlet of debate.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You can look up yourself how much is 'rich' and adjust your perspectives accordingly. Or not. I don't care.

I'm sorry for your childhood experiences. Congrats to you for all of your hard work. Doesn't really mean much to this conversation.

You of all people should know that money indeed does matter. There are people in our country and world that work their tails off and are still poor. This should be corrected, and those in power (be in monetary or political) need to be pressured to take action.

I've been here a lot longer than you, put in WAY more effort, and you have twice as many posts. I would like some of yours. It's only fair.

Cameron Select Newport 2

I was going to provide you with a pointed, yet respectful, and well thought out response. But, then I read this: @Noke wrote: "Calling someone the F word is distasteful, but I wouldn't say that it is wrong."
If that's how you feel, there is no reason for me to waste any time replying to you. If we can't agree on a basic premise, the rest of the discussion is futile. That is not a personal attack, it's just a fact. Just like neither you nor anyone else in the world will ever be able to convince me that Chevy is better than Ford, the Yankees are a respectable franchise, or that I pay too little in taxes.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Not to derail this...but why is that? What about having wealth, or celebrity, makes one more deserving of heckling? If you want to go with public figures deserve more scrutiny because they live their lives in the public, more so the court of public opinion, then I guess you’re correct but regardless of money you’re still the exact same. Sure some people won the genetic lottery, does Stu Walton will ever wont for anything? No, and that’s not his fault, so why should he be held to a different standard?