NFL QB vs PGA Tour Pro: which is harder?

Orville

A lot of the best NBA players would be tremendous receivers. Lebron? You could throw to him for a guaranteed 8 yards easy on like every play.

Tight end, these most of these guys are too skilled for that role and maybe not right body type. But there’s some guys who would muscle up and be great.

As far as a guy like Zion. 6’6, 285, at....19 years old. And he is fast and has “skills” with the ball. This guy would be like the best guy in the NFL.

Depending on his appetite for violence, he could be a receiver/TE or some roaming death merchant” on D.

I mean, imaging trying to defend this guy? A 310 pound TE who can jump like this, lol

VC14O4LKNQD6.jpeg

L8P0UMYNUUBR.jpeg

• Like 1

Strongly disagree.

Antonio Gates didn't even play college football and then went on to be one of the greatest ever tight ends. What sport did he play in college? Basketball.

You don't think LeBron and others could learn how to run routes and do all of the things you said? Of course they could. That's why I said a year of preparation.

Don't forget LeBron was a great receiver in high school:

"Former Packers safety Mark Murphy, who was a defensive coordinator at St. Vincent-St. Mary while James was playing at the high school, has high praise for the King's football skills.

"I've been around a lot of great receivers," Murphy told ESPN in 2009. "I tell people that I rate my top receivers -- coaching, playing, or watching -- as James Lofton, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, and LeBron James."http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000933463/article/the-football-history-of-lebron-james

You and I are talking about two different things. You're talking about potential based on size and, I assume, them having played football for most of their lives. Neither of those guys played college football let alone the NFL. I think they'd both suck in the NFL if they quit basketball today. Especially Lebron. He's 35. Westbrooks at the rest above would also suck if they quit basketball today and tried out for the NFL. I would like to see Harden hammered on a crossing pattern though. :)

This whole comparison is ridiculous. The only 1/2 true part is trying to include golfers with other sports where athletes perform in physically demanding conditions.

The NBA player.....the NFL player.....the MLB player.....the soccer player all have specialized talents that many times have been honed and focused on since adolescence. They can all do things their peers in other sports cannot do but they all share common athletic abilities such as speed, coordination, endurance. For my opinion, the most complete athletes are in the NBA and NFL. Along with world class speed, coordination and endurance, they have the size and strength that should make those other things impossible for someone their size,

Don’t quite know what it has to do with soccer players, but I think you just took football out of the most difficult sports, lol.

And I thought we were talking about the top players in the sport, not the rejects. Let me know when Lebron moves to the NFL and then we can talk.

But I guess we could talk about all the top basketball players who were soccer rejects. Kobe loved soccer, Steve Nash, Manu Ginobili, Pau Gasol, Luca Doncic, etc. You don’t see a lot of basketball players who were rejected and turned to soccer.

Harden looks small(ish) on the court because of the size of the players around him. He’d be among the biggest wide receivers. A guy that size would do more than his share of damage on any DB coming up to make the hit. Sure, there are always those plays where the receiver is looking for the ball and is exposed (although now that’s a penalty), but there will also be plenty of times where the receiver is going to deliver as much of a blow as the defender will.

And you seem to be under the idea that they are taking these guys right off the court and onto the field, and that is always an issue with these type threads, too many variables. But give these guys time to prepare for the different sport like they do for their own, and the results will show. You just can’t deny that combination of size and speed, and sheer athletic ability is going to shine. Hand size is another factor, one the NFL pays close attention to, some of them will make an NFL football look like a toy.

Hard to play soccer at 6'8 though. Just the mechanics of how coordinated you have to be with your feet. I think all sports require immense talents so it's really hard to compare them

I would love to see someone like Ben Simmons or Pascal Siakam, like a very athletic 6'9 to 6'10 guy ....play goalie!

Give them like 6 months of goalie training , with their rebounding skills and athletic ability....yikes!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Oh yeah i know there's a few. There was a guy who used to play for Nigeria, Kanu i think was his name.....he was like 6'8 or something. I just think it's a bit harder to be coordinated at that height compared to a dude who is 5'10, and there is diminishing returns to being that big (save for headers it's not much advantage) unless you're a goalie

I mentioned earlier though that to me soccer is the most capitalized sport in the world....so i would be on board saying they are overall the most skilled/best athletes. It is incredibly hard to make it as a soccer player given all the competition.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

LeBron could absolutely play Te in the NFL. Remind me how many pro soccer players are over 6'4" ? And Kobe? Really? He liked soccer, so that meant he wanted to play soccer instead of hoops...great example.

Face it, North Americans are generally indifferent to soccer. Most of us quit playing when we've outgrown juice boxes and orange wedges.

• Like 1

Guess I’m getting my point across if you’ve devolved to, “But , but Americans don’t like it.” However, it is the fastest growing amateur sport, professional league, and viewed sport in America. In fact the Women’s World Cup drew more viewers in the U.S. than the NBA finals so that “not in America “ argument doesn’t even hold water.

Ill give you the fact that basketball players are, in general, taller. But a genetic disposition to height is not a factor in sport difficulty. If it was we’d be talking Shawn Bradley and Manute Bol...not exactly world class athletes.

I'd say being an NFL QB is a way harder job than being a PGA Pro, but there's no comparison between the two sports as far as athleticism goes. I consider golf to be the exact opposite of all the other team sports where you're trying to score on your opponent while also trying to prevent them from doing the same thing.

The first thing I struggled with in learning golf was slowing my brain and body down. Through years of playing basketball, soccer, and hockey I developed a rapid read-and-react mind where most often I knew what I was going to do before the ball came my way. And here I was standing over a ball with all the time in the world and no defender coming my way to take it off me? My backswing was ridiculously quick for the first couple of years and I still suffer from rushing the downswing because a 6 iron and longer up behind my head still has my brain switching to baseball mode and firing my arms towards the incoming target. Yes the ball is just sitting on the ground but I'm still prone to swinging at it like a fastball is fast approaching.

I get 4 shots in golf to put a little white ball in a tiny hole some 400 yards away. All the other sports I played have never delivered me such a challenge in my mind - I never have time to think while playing team sports, just read-and react, read-and-react all game long. Sure the golf swing is a never-ending challenge but man, I've been at this HARD since 2012 and am still well off the pace in developing a mindset that stays consistent and strong through 18 holes.

Commit a turnover in bball and I would fill with rage and turn that into a some serious defensive application (or a dumb foul haha,) but commit a bad shot in golf and there's like 3 or 4 minutes until I can take the next shot...just me and my mind stewing away at what could have been, what should have been, what the hell am I doing out here torturing myself playing this infuriating game???

Yeah, we all put that women’s soccer game on...that one time ; ) And it was great to see.

And this is interesting, women’s soccer makes more than men’s soccer here,

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-womens-soccer-games-out-earned-mens-games-low-pay-2019-6

“Women's games reportedly brought in $50.8 million from 2016 to 2018 from mostly ticket sales. Men's games made $49.9 million in the same time frame.”

But, of course, the NBA brought in over $20 *Billion in the same 2016-2018 time frame so there is really no comparison.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193467/total-league-revenue-of-the-nba-since-2005/

Not that revenue is a factor in a sport’s difficulty, but let me get this right...a sport with drastically less revenue is pulling more viewers than the richer league? Seems like Women’s, again Women’s, soccer is pretty popular in a country that hates soccer but loves basketball.

Additionally, the NBA draws a large portion of its money from overseas, especially China. If you want to argue the international income of the individual sports then I’d be glad to argue how much soccer brings in world wide compared to basketball. But again, all of this has nothing to do with a sport’s difficulty.

The entire women’s US soccer brought in 50 Million in *3 years. That’s $17 Million a year.

Lebron James makes $38 MM himself a year.

The average single NBA team brings in $300MM and the league brings in over 8 Billion a year.

There is no comparison whatsoever. Nobody watches Women’s soccer. We all put the women’s team on that one time for the World Cup to give some support and it was great to see.

Globally, soccer is the biggest game, of course, but let’s get back to reality here.

• Like 1

PGA Tour Pro is harder. On Tour, you're on an island. If you are off a little bit, there's no one to pick up the slack. And the season is a lot longer than 16 weeks.

917D3 9.5 Rogue Black
917F3 15 Diamana Blue
818H2 19 Tensei Blue
Mizuno MP14 2
Mizuno MP4 4-9
Vokey SM7 46, 50, 54, 58
Edel 60
(will swap 58 for 60 and a Vokey for the 2-iron as needed)
Custom Scotty Newport 2
or
Scotty X5R