NFL QB vs PGA Tour Pro: which is harder?

Orville

If you're moving the goalposts to that, Id personally still say QB and what Brady did is more difficult. I also think comparing GOATS is misleading in this conversation because the odds of ANYBODY coming through again and achieving those heights in either sport is likely slightly above nil.

But as you've outlined and still fully acknowledging the awe in either, I still think Brady's accomplishments are more difficult then Tiger's. Tiger at his peak was the best golfer in the world running train on most tournaments he played in, he only has himself to be accountable for and depend on. Given his ability and stature, he was maybe only ever competing against 25 golfers a week that posed a viable threat. Brady has to lug a team and has to depend on far more people to at least keep him close, so that he can have a shot. But thats all subjective, but to me I always just keep coming back to the fact of just sheer scarcity and numbers of the QB vs a PGA pro kind of answers this question.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

You outline the problem i have with this debate.. There is no such thing as Brady's accomplishments...Simply can't be. It's a made up glorification for a role that's part of a team. No team, no good team no accomplishments., Brady could be as good as the best there's ever been but QB cannot stand on his own. You make it sound like he has some high school frumpy kids around him and he is commandeering their souls to do better. Society just needs heroes..so they find one. However, a golfer can have measurable individual accomplishments. A golfer's accomplishment is 99% him or her. 1% caddie. All the execution is by the Golfer.

A QB is on the pitch for offense only. Not even part of the defense of a team. All these so called accomplishments for the QB...

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

• 1 month later...

It's two totally different skill sets and two different ways of playing. If you want to compare at the highest level of "success" at a pro level, I'm going to say golf is harder. Brady could barely keep the ball in the fairway yesterday... Imagine if they tossed him on a 7200 yard 150 slope rated course on TV and in front of thousands of people, and he needs to play his own ball the whole time. He'd barely break 100. Now toss Tiger in at QB, I would bet he could sit there and hand the ball off 40 times and throw a few quick passes and maybe not get killed. Would he be a top QB...? No way, he would suck... but the relative success would probably be more in his favor than TB12 trying to even sniff a cut at a real Tour event.

Rory McIlroy is a little over an inch taller than messi

6d705109-7d36-4a25-9b60-b700278737c5.png

31ca7167-4b08-4e03-9fd7-65c71636f9f0.jpeg

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

You mean if they switched sports now?!

Lets say that Brady was given a PGA Tour card for a year and Tiger was given the starting QB job for 16 games.

I mean, Brady would shoot 150 every tournament and lose his card and all the players would hate him because every Thurs and Friday would take 9 hours. Actually, they could always just put him last with no partner and he could turn off the lights in the locker room when he leaves, lol.

But Tiger? He could learn how to take snaps and hand off. He could go shotgun and get rid of the ball fast on a screen or quick out/slant. But besides screens, with no arm/velocity/ability, he would be picked off 3 out of 4 passes. Beyond that, if he ever tried to sit in the pocket and risk being hit, he would be decimated and out for the year in his first game. Or worse!

If you put BK in an NFL game at QB now, with a full pre season to practice, he could possible survive the season physically if he had a great line and played it safe but he’d have 400 interceptions.

If you put BK or anybody his size but without the insane athleticism and speed as NFL players have, and put them into a running back or linebacker spot, they would be very badly injured or worse in their first game.

The level of violence combined with the speed is too much. If you want to imagine playing in the NFL...

*put on a helmet and take a running start as fast as you can and crash into a big tree at full speed. Then do it again like 20 times.

*warning, don’t actually do this ; )

I've got to agree with those that find this type of comparison is a bit silly, especially given that the most pro golfers would never even be given a shot at playing in the NFL if their body type didn't fit the mold that current NFL coaches and GM's are looking for.

It's like asking which is tougher, being an NFL QB or a professional jockey? I know that's an extreme example, but neither one could do the other's sport, no matter how talented or athletic.

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

Didn’t read through the entire thread, so forgive me if this has already been brought up, but from a shear distillation of talent I would surmise there are many more potential nfl qbs vs pga tour golfers in the junior ranks. I mean, I would guess it is more likely that there are more high school/college football teams than there are golf programs. And furthermore, there are fewer professional outlets for said talent [NFL/CFL vs PGA/KF/Mac/Latin/Asian/european]

i think golf is harder, but football is “harder”.

I was only comparing his body size as another poster was saying he wouldn't last playing in the NFL , I just

was pointing out that Brooks is as big or bigger than some NFL players that is all .

Oh and by the way did anyone see the long drive for the two QB's Tom Brady 221yrds Peyton 220 yrds

I know Tom used a three wood but still pathetic as the two do play a lot of golf and have access to players and coaches in the golf

industry that us Meer mortals could only dream of .

A couple takes based on comments in this thread...for those that referenced Romo...please leave him out of it. As far as “knowing” what his handicap is he is the epitome of a vanity cap. His last 20 posted scores go to 2013. Give me a break. He was hot and posted some great scores a year ago and has posted 4 rounds since. Easy to keep the ole + handicap if you never post again.

One thing that has not been referenced as to which is “harder” QB or golf tour...as they say comparing golf and baseball in golf you have to play your foul balls. Comparing that to QB he can throw some gawdawful throws that sail into oblivion and even have a few picked off. If his defense prevents the other team from scoring on those turnovers he can still redeem himself with TD passes. Make enough big errors on the golf course and you go home Friday night.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

There wasn't a time amount attached to my thought... I was thinking maybe just 1 event/game. If they tossed Tiger in right now into an NFL game, he could at least just hand the ball off 40x, and maybe do a few 1 or 3 step drops and possibly not get destroyed. Maybe even get a completion, who knows. But there is quite literally almost 0% chance that Brady or Manning could make the cut at any tour event. Tiger has a chance to have a shimmer of hope being the worst QB in the NFL but TB12/Manning have no chance of even holding the worst PGA pro's jock (even though golfers don't wear any... figure of speech).

Of course the games are played very differently. To compete on tour you need to make cuts. To be an NFL player you can kind of suck and still make $$ and still make teams if your coach has no other options.

But I'd say the hardest sport off the top of my head for an "other sport" pro to transition to would probably be hockey. The balance and coordination you need takes years of practice just to get "decent". The guys in the pro's are out there essentially with little knives glued to their shoes running around like they are on dry land.

Manning/Brady each had shots that outperformed both pros and even won a couple holes outright. At no point on a competitive football field could Tiger or Phil throw a pass that would outperform the QBs.

Going to my first NFL was a total eye opener. Been to 50+ top level college games and after the opening kickoff of the NFL game I knew it was a completely different sport. The speed and violence of the NFL is off the charts. Tiger physically looked like a little kid out there yesterday and that was with two QBs.

Lol , I had a playing partner yesterday who is playing of of 25+ and on eighteen he had a 85yrd shot from a bunker to a front pin and stuck it

to 3 feet with backspin I think any PGA tour pro would take that every time , thats the beauty of golf ,us amateurs do sometimes hit tour quality golf shots .

I might add the man was 71 yrs old .

If you read my post you'd see that's not the argument a poster said that the two QB's had shots that where just as

good or better than Phil & Tiger what I am saying is Tiger with enough practice could do the same with a football now we know

Tiger is not as tall as the two QB'S he played with so he's not going to be throwing Hail Marys down the field but he would be very capable of throwing

25 yrd bullets to receivers just as good as TB or PM .

I haven't read any of the responses but saw the title. This isn't close IMO, the best NFL QB's are more talented than the best golfers. It is a much more rare skill set to be one of the top 3-4 QB's IMO. You have to be mentally sharp with the scheme and your checks at the line, get your ass kicked by 6'6 300 lbs. beasts running full speed and you have to step into your throw, have an arm which is a given but moreso the accuracy under pressure. All this while getting hurt every game and be able to block it out.

• Like 1