2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

PXG 0811 X+ Prototype Round 1

Lobber

6 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Your option 1 looks like it could be good for me. 

Yup

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

PXG has really picked up their production. My Proto is set to be delivered this weekend. My order was submitted last Sunday, accepted this past Monday. That's a quick turnaround!

• Like 1

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

27 minutes ago, eRod v1.0 said:

PXG has really picked up their production. My Proto is set to be delivered this weekend. My order was submitted last Sunday, accepted this past Monday. That's a quick turnaround!

Did you already have the Proto+? What driver you coming from? 

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

2 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Did you already have the Proto+? What driver you coming from? 

No, this is my first Proto. Getting the X+.

Currently have the Gen 2 0811X & TM SIM.

• Like 1

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

47 minutes ago, eRod v1.0 said:

wow! I ordered 4 weights on Monday, and they still haven't shipped yet! I guess it takes a while to put them in the little box!!!!

55 minutes ago, eRod v1.0 said:

Damn - my shipments take 5-8 days in transit.  They have picked it up though - my Gen 2 hybrid and weight order is supposed to be here in 9 days from order.  I think PXG is changing overall in their strategies and processes.  A great thing to see.

• Like 1

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

Ok, I’m getting it dialed in. Tried the heavy weight forward and it was hot garbage. Moved it back to the back and instantly started getting center contact and good launch again. I have a 20, 10, and two 5 grams coming. Does anybody just have to have the heavy weight back and tried a 20, 10 or 5 any where else. I’m just wondering where to go when I get my extra weights. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eRod v1.0 said:

No, this is my first Proto. Getting the X+.

Currently have the Gen 2 0811X & TM SIM.

Oh Lord. I had two Gen2 0811x’s before the Proto+. You will like the Proto way more than the Gen2. Forgiveness is so much better. Both beads are way more forgiving. Looks better at address too. 

Had the Sim, Sim Max, and Sim Max D before the Proto. Proto is really good. 

• Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Have a Ventus Black 6S coming tomorrow to put in my Proto+. Anyone else tried this combo? I've been launching it really high even with the head lofted down so im hoping this combo brings down my launch

Driver Taylormade Qi10

3W Ping G430 LST 5W Callaway Apex UW 

4i Mizuno Fli Hi 5-PW Ping Blueprint S

GW 50 Ping Glide 4.0 SW 56 Vokey S LW 62 Vokey M

Putters Kevin Burns 9306 Ball Titleist Pro V1

7 hours ago, eRod v1.0 said:

Same here.  Ordered my Proto X+ on Sunday (phone fitting was great).  Shipped today.  Will be here when I get home from my round on Saturday.  Looking forward to being at the range next week to wear it in... 

PXG 0811 Proto X+ 10.5

Ping G410 3W, 3H

Ping G15 4-W

Cleveland RTX3 50, Vokey SM5 54, SM7 58

Ping Zing 2 Putter (1997)

Srixon Q-Star Tour/Vice Pro Plus

3 hours ago, Aucaveman said:

Ok, I’m getting it dialed in. Tried the heavy weight forward and it was hot garbage. Moved it back to the back and instantly started getting center contact and good launch again. I have a 20, 10, and two 5 grams coming. Does anybody just have to have the heavy weight back and tried a 20, 10 or 5 any where else. I’m just wondering where to go when I get my extra weights. 

How does putting the 20g in effect swing weight and are you doing anything to adjust for it?  

PXG 0811 Proto X+ 10.5

Ping G410 3W, 3H

Ping G15 4-W

Cleveland RTX3 50, Vokey SM5 54, SM7 58

Ping Zing 2 Putter (1997)

Srixon Q-Star Tour/Vice Pro Plus

10 hours ago, darbster said:

How does putting the 20g in effect swing weight and are you doing anything to adjust for it?  

i don’t have the weights yet. They’re suppose to be here this week. I don’t think I’m too susceptible to swing weight. Once I find my release point I can usually hit about anything. With the proto I’ve found, as long as the heavy weight is back I can hit it and make center face contact. 

@Minarets I’m curious to hear your feedback on the Evo IV with this combo.  Currently have the same shaft in a Speedzone 9* but contemplating ordering a Proto soon.  I can just have a pxg tip added on my Evo IV.

• Like 1

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

5 minutes ago, wam78 said:

@Minarets I’m curious to hear your feedback on the Evo IV with this combo.  Currently have the same shaft in a Speedzone 9* but contemplating ordering a Proto soon.  I can just have a pxg tip added on my Evo IV.

Love the speeder. It does exactly what I was hoping.  Lowers my ball flight (from a Hzrdus smoke black) and lowered my spin quite a bit.  I’m trying to bring up the degree a smidge to get some added carry but went from 45.5” to 45 with speeder 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Love the speeder. It does exactly what I was hoping.  Lowers my ball flight (from a Hzrdus smoke black) and lowered my spin quite a bit.  I’m trying to bring up the degree a smidge to get some added carry but went from 45.5” to 45 with speeder 

Such a good feeling shaft!  So smooth!

Mizuno   STZ 230 9.5*   Tensei Raw White 65x

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

21 hours ago, 4cowboys said:

wow! I ordered 4 weights on Monday, and they still haven't shipped yet! I guess it takes a while to put them in the little box!!!!

Same here.  I know from experience the date given for production, 2/14, is basic BS and it will ship earlier but come on PXG, you don't have a dedicated person to ship out the small things like caps, bags and weights right away?  

• Like 1

How to torture a club ho for a thousand 🙂   Well you let them place an order, they wait for the order to arrive, and when they open the box all of the stuff is not in the box.  Geez - I ordered a 19º Gen 2 hybrid and 8 weights 2x17.5, 2x12.5 and 5x7.5.  None of the weights were in the box.

I just called and they are going to rerack the order and let me know.  At least there is snow on the ground which limits my motivation to hit balls 🙂   Of topic a bit - those of you with the Gen 2 hybrids, where do you have the weights.  I have mine in the back, but they always come with them in the 4 forward positions.  I need to try that out at the range, to compare them more.

28 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

How to torture a club ho for a thousand 🙂   Well you let them place an order, they wait for the order to arrive, and when they open the box all of the stuff is not in the box.  Geez - I ordered a 19º Gen 2 hybrid and 8 weights 2x17.5, 2x12.5 and 5x7.5.  None of the weights were in the box.

I just called and they are going to rerack the order and let me know.  At least there is snow on the ground which limits my motivation to hit balls 🙂   Of topic a bit - those of you with the Gen 2 hybrids, where do you have the weights.  I have mine in the back, but they always come with them in the 4 forward positions.  I need to try that out at the range, to compare them more.

I have 1 in the heel and 3 in front. Was fit for 2 in heel and 2 in front but was getting too much draw/hook so I moved one to front. Never tried them in back. More forgiving?

2 hours ago, OldmanWatty said:

I have 1 in the heel and 3 in front. Was fit for 2 in heel and 2 in front but was getting too much draw/hook so I moved one to front. Never tried them in back. More forgiving?

The weights in the back make it higher launching  and increase MOI.  It helped with my ball contact, but I was hitting the 19º inside and the contact was great.  I had watched a TXG video on the Proto driver and they moved the weight into the toe so I set up the hybrid with all 4 in the toe (2 in front and 2 in back) and bingo - the ball contact was awesome with a lot of ball speed.

I then moved on to the FWs and the same thing held with them.  I am a right to left player and if I can set it up so the left is lessened, I can then hit a slight draw to a fade - that would be awesome.  Now if the damned snow leaves 🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldmanWatty said:

Two silver in heel and two in the toe will be max MOI, more forgiving. I have two silver in toe, two silver and black in front. Helps my toe miss.

• Like 1

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

38 minutes ago, eRod v1.0 said:

Two silver in heel and two in the toe will be max MOI, more forgiving. I have two silver in toe, two silver and black in front. Helps my toe miss.

Like this?  This is my current setup, until the wind blows again 🙂  IMG_3277.jpg.7b848bbad709d34988c9a4bb469bd473.jpg

• Like 1

I played around with settings today on the Proto X+ and I seem to hit the "small +" setting the best with the weight up front now.  Nice ball flight with this.  The standard setting was good but my ball flight was a tad too low.  Extra weights coming soon so more tinkering to do.  Of course one range session is not the end all be all. As always, YMMV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

Like this?  This is my current setup, until the wind blows again 🙂  IMG_3277.jpg.7b848bbad709d34988c9a4bb469bd473.jpg

Yup!

20210129_172217.jpg

• Like 1

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

1 hour ago, ajlacombe said:

Gota love the adjustability with these Gen2 hybrids. I have two different set ups for my 17 lofted to little minus and 22 lofted to little minus in loft sleeve. Little more toe weight for the 17 and then lowest spin for the towering 22. 

9AD22D5F-D44B-4DE8-B3D1-DA7F31E90517.jpeg

A0288316-5A58-46DA-A223-66186E10A3B6.jpeg

Edited by evoviiiyou
Spelling
  • Like 2

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

So after another satisfying range session today, several things I noticed and keyed in on. 

1) confirmed Proto+ driver provides noticing more distance on low centered strikes than either of my SIMS or SZ drivers

2) confirmed Proto+ is as long as SIMS and SZ on high center or toe strikes (this driver actually likes the 2-3mm above center 2-3mm towards toe for max distance it seems)

3) confirmed Proto+ is only missing that 1/10 juiced long ball that the SIM gives on a perfectly centered strike but makes up for consistency everywhere else. It’s a lot more forgiving 

4) confirmed Proto+ is being gamed till SIM 2 arrives for a shoot out 

5) confirmed Proto+ likes a little extra weight in toe and center port, for longest balls, I used a mid tee height vs high tee hight on little minus setting for the loft sleeve for some nice straight bombs. Very workable trajectories with varying tee heights. 

6) confirmed Proto+ sounds powerfully amazing when struck 

3E45B07C-7686-4A74-8152-7EFAE6E99FD8.jpeg

DA7EE12F-8BD8-4D80-8F44-4E396E4DB14B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

36 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

So after another satisfying range session today, several things I noticed and keyed in on. 

1) confirmed Proto+ driver provides noticing more distance on low centered strikes than either of my SIMS or SZ drivers

2) confirmed Proto+ is as long as SIMS and SZ on high center or toe strikes (this driver actually likes the 2-3mm above center 2-3mm towards toe for max distance it seems)

3) confirmed Proto+ is only missing that 1/10 juiced long ball that the SIM gives on a perfectly centered strike but makes up for consistency everywhere else. It’s a lot more forgiving 

4) confirmed Proto+ is being gamed till SIM 2 arrives for a shoot out 

5) confirmed Proto+ likes a little extra weight in toe and center port, for longest balls, I used a mid tee height vs high tee hight on little minus setting for the loft sleeve for some nice straight bombs. Very workable trajectories with varying tee heights. 

6) confirmed Proto+ sounds powerfully amazing when struck 

3E45B07C-7686-4A74-8152-7EFAE6E99FD8.jpeg

DA7EE12F-8BD8-4D80-8F44-4E396E4DB14B.jpeg

So just say it...this driver is awesome!

• Like 2

On 1/28/2021 at 3:12 PM, 4cowboys said:

My weights finally shipped!  Hooray...ordered them on Sunday so it took about a week.  

6 minutes ago, CC Stryder said:

My weights finally shipped!  Hooray...ordered them on Sunday so it took about a week.  

Just checked on mine this morning. They shipped out today as well. Fed ex shows Thursday delivery. It is what it is, but still can't believe it takes that long for something in sock, and as simple as a weight, to take that long to package! Can't wait to try this driver out, and see if it can unseat my ping g410+.

6 minutes ago, 4cowboys said:

Just checked on mine this morning. They shipped out today as well. Fed ex shows Thursday delivery. It is what it is, but still can't believe it takes that long for something in sock, and as simple as a weight, to take that long to package! Can't wait to try this driver out, and see if it can unseat my ping g410+.

As much as I’ve come to adore PXG I don’t disagree with you on this one.  That said they are turning around custom orders at a pace that most aren’t.  A buddy of mine is still waiting on a club from Ping that’s already been 3 months...

A week to ship weights that are sitting on a shelf is kinda dumb tho. 

• Like 2