PXG 0811 X+ Prototype Round 1

Lobber

4 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Thanks. You just cost me some money!! LOL.

But seriously, the TP 5S is good when I time it right, very long drives, but the control part is the problem. 

Still sounds like you need to bite the bullet and order you a Ventus 😳😜

• Haha 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

3 minutes ago, eddiebigeddie said:

Still sounds like you need to bite the bullet and order you a Ventus 😳😜

I just keep thinking that, but need to make you an offer you cannot refuse....

• Haha 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I absolutely LOVE the Ventus Blue, you should just get the stock colorway and get to hitting 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddiebigeddie said:

I absolutely LOVE the Ventus Blue, you should just get the stock colorway and get to hitting 😬

Agree, I was fit for it like I mentioned before, but the AD TP beat it out THAT DAY. Now after 6 months I am looking...

Yea, just impossible to find used, they sell like hotcakes. As soon as a Blue 6S is listed it is gone.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

1 minute ago, OspreyCI said:

Agree, I was fit for it like I mentioned before, but the AD TP beat it out THAT DAY. Now after 6 months I am looking...

Yea, just impossible to find used, they sell like hotcakes. As soon as a Blue 6S is listed it is gone.

Yeah true. I’m very tempted to pick up another one or the red for my fairway. Really want the Proto fwy too but don’t want to sink $500+ on a fwy wood that gets hit maybe 1x a round most times. 

6 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

This is not good...They just opened the newest PXG Store here in Mesa, AZ. 7 miles from my house. Scheduling a fitting to dial in my Proto driver (maybe a new shaft) and try out the Proto Hybrids. 

And anything else fun.

That’s what I really want to do, have PXG dial in my proto!  While you’re there can you check out the new Bat Attack?  I’m debating ordering one with a plumbers neck but hard to find any real pictures or thoughts on it!  😝

Edited by CC Stryder
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CC Stryder said:

That’s what I really want to do, have PXG dial in my proto!  While you’re there can you check out the new Bat Attack?  I’m debating ordering one with a plumbers neck but hard to find any real pictures or thoughts on it!  😝

Will do. Last week when I was in the Scottsdale store they did not have any out. I was looking for someone else too. I will check this Saturday and try and take pics.

• Thanks 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Does it seem weird to anybody else that the Proto Fairways and Hybrids just came out and now the Gen4 Fairways just got confirmed for next month?

I'm starting to lose track of where the different lines fit now relative to each other. I thought that the Protos were sort of an in-between release after the Gen3 before the Gen4 (and on a bit of a short life cycle as a result).

But now I guess it will be 0211 -> Proto -> Gen4? 

9 minutes ago, KParks said:

Does it seem weird to anybody else that the Proto Fairways and Hybrids just came out and now the Gen4 Fairways just got confirmed for next month?

I'm starting to lose track of where the different lines fit now relative to each other. I thought that the Protos were sort of an in-between release after the Gen3 before the Gen4 (and on a bit of a short life cycle as a result).

Correct, with Gen4 being the top end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KParks said:

I took it a totally different way - look at the prices.  They are 3 price point lines of clubs.

I Would guess the 0211 will stay as the low end, but the other models will most likely cycle through as current year and prior year (generation).  Giving them 3 lines to hit a broader audience

• Like 2

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

7 minutes ago, ajlacombe said:

I took it a totally different way - look at the prices.  They are 3 price point lines of clubs.

I Would guess the 0211 will stay as the low end, but the other models will most likely cycle through as current year and prior year (generation).  Giving them 3 lines to hit a broader audience

Agreed, sorry if I was confusing by my arrows. I meant 3 price levels. Just kind of confused me because in my mind the Protos were the "top of the line" but only as a between generation lineup. 

I guess that does fill the same spot effectively as the "prior generation" clubs did (that they always kept on selling). So perhaps they totally cut off the Gen3 for now (instead of keeping them in production like I think they did the Gen2 even when the Gen3 launched) and the proto is the mid tier with the Gen4 on top (0211 clearly the intro level, lower cost option).

The proto name is just sort of a weird as a mid tier to me. It made sense as a "preview" / "evolution" of the Gen3 tech before the launch of the Gen4 (when the Generations were kind of on a two year cycle). But that is really just marketing branding anyway so whatever floats their boat I guess. It still makes sense for the drivers, just funny that the Proto Fairways and Hybrids came out only a month or so before the Gen4. 

Edited by KParks
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, KParks said:

Agreed, sorry if I was confusing by my arrows. I meant 3 price levels. Just kind of confused me because in my mind the Protos were the "top of the line" but only as a between generation lineup. 

I guess that does fill the same spot effectively as the "prior generation" clubs did (that they always kept on selling). So perhaps they totally cut off the Gen3 for now (instead of keeping them in production like I think they did the Gen2 even when the Gen3 launched) and the proto is the mid tier with the Gen4 on top (0211 clearly the intro level, lower cost option).

The proto name is just sort of a weird as a mid tier to me. It made sense as a "preview" / "evolution" of the Gen3 tech before the launch of the Gen4 (when the Generations were kind of on a two year cycle). But that is really just marketing branding anyway so whatever floats their boat I guess. It still makes sense for the drivers, just funny that the Proto Fairways and Hybrids came out only a month or so before the Gen4. 

Gen 3 irons are supposed to stay in as the mid tier iron price, essentially the irons for the Proto line. They are going to keep the 3 tiers of irons, hybrids, and woods from here on is what I was told.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bward said:

Gen 3 irons are supposed to stay in as the mid tier iron price, essentially the irons for the Proto line. They are going to keep the 3 tiers of irons, hybrids, and woods from here on is what I was told.

I adore my Gen3 and Proto driver.  If this is now the mid-tier line how good is Gen4 going to be?  Whew...

• Like 2

Had my heavy weight in the heel for some reason, moved it to the rear, once this crazy weather moves on I’ll do some more testing this weekend.

Titleist TSR2 11 w/ 2024 Fujikura Ventus + Blue 6 

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 4 wood 16.5 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 7

Titleist TSR2 7 wood 21 w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 8 

PXG 0311X 18 w/ Graphite Design DI 95

PXG Gen 6 DC P's 5-GW w/ Fujikura Axiom 105

PXG SD2 56 w/ LA Golf WV 115

Titleist Vokey Proto 60K w/ LA Golf WV 115  

Scotty Cameron 009 

Titleist ProV1X

Vessel Player IV

Let me set the table. PXG fitted Proto+turned to 9.5* and 7.5 front, 5gram toe, 2.5 heal and rear and just dialed in at swing weight D4 (yes hot melted) after 5-6 ranges sessions and 4 rounds we are just getting along great. Tensei AV Raw 65S tipped 1/2” playing at 44.5”.

SIM 2 Max arrives, hotmelt added by my builder (9.5 grams), 5grams toe, 4.5 grams center behind the speed pocket area. SW D4 with Tensei AV Raw 65S tipped 1/2” playing at 44.5”. 

Large bucket this evening going clips of 15 balls each then switching/comparing ball flights launch etc. The conclusion is these are both amazing drivers and feel similar with the Proto+ feeling a little more titanium and the Max 2 feeling more carbon. Look wise, both have great alignment and inspire confidence. The simpler look goes to the PXG and the more tech look goes to the Max 2, but really I like both equally. I do like the longer from heal to toe length of the Proto+ a bit more at set up. Performance is a draw straight up could bag either and not even look back and both were struck in very similar locations through out the session. 

One more range meet is needed and maybe a round with both under the gun to make the final call. I am very impressed with both and if I could go back in time knowing what I know, I probably wouldn’t have pre-ordered the Max 2. It’s a wash of the cleanest type. Stay tuned. 

Edited by evoviiiyou
Spelling
  • Like 3

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

5 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

Let me set the table. PXG fitted Proto+turned to 9.5* and 7.5 front, 5gram toe, 2.5 heal and rear and just dialed in at swing weight D4 (yes hot melted) after 5-6 ranges sessions and 4 rounds we are just getting along great. Tensei AV Raw 65S tipped 1/2” playing at 44.5”.

SIM 2 Max arrives, hotmelt added by my builder (9.5 grams), 5grams toe, 4.5 grams center behind the speed pocket area. SW D4 with Tensei AV Raw 65S tipped 1/2” playing at 44.5”. 

Large bucket this evening going clips of 15 balls each then switching/comparing ball flights launch etc. The conclusion is these are both amazing drivers and feel similar with the Proto+ feeling a little more titanium and the Max 2 feeling more carbon. Look wash both have great alignment and inspire confidence. The simpler look goes to the PXG and the more tech look goes to the Max 2 but really I like both equally. I do like the longer from heal you toe length of the Proto+ a bit more at set up. Performance is a draw straight up could bag either and not even look back and both were struck in very similar locations through out the session. 

One more range meet is needed and maybe a round with both under the gun to make the final call. I am very impressed with both and if I could go back in time knowing what I know, I probably wouldn’t have pre-ordered the Max 2. It’s a wash of the cleanest type. Stay tuned. 

I have odds on shared custody of the bag 🙂 Or maybe door #3 opens and a third competitor enters vying for bag time 🙂

• Haha 3

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

6 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

Large bucket this evening going clips of 15 balls each then switching/comparing ball flights launch etc. The conclusion is these are both amazing drivers and feel similar with the Proto+ feeling a little more titanium and the Max 2 feeling more carbon. Look wash both have great alignment and inspire confidence. The simpler look goes to the PXG and the more tech look goes to the Max 2 but really I like both equally. I do like the longer from heal you toe length of the Proto+ a bit more at set up. Performance is a draw straight up could bag either and not even look back and both were struck in very similar locations through out the session. 

Nice, glad to hear Protos competing well with new hot things. Nothing wrong with keeping one or the other as a side piece, you never know when your current bagger relationship will get chilly. 

Edited by snagy2000
  • Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 9:31 PM, Minarets said:

Trying to think about what weights to get? 

I play the 15g in the front and then stock weights all around (2.5G?).

I will try the 15 in the heel next time I can.  It’s going to be cold here for a bit.  But Not sure what I should try out? 

maybe a 10 in front, 5 or 7.5 in heel, 2.5 in the others? 

what are y’all’s thoughts?

I've got a 20g weight in the heel and stock 2.5g in the rest, lofted down to 8*... I think one of the biggest / important things for people adding weight to the head is to try a counter balanced shaft. I love my setup with Tensei Pro Orange 60 tx

I did also order the new woods weight kit bc ive got a proto hybrid coming (probably proto 3w eventually too lol) and wanna experiment with weights. My driver is probably as optimal a driver setup as ive ever had

• Like 1

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

6 hours ago, evoviiiyou said:

My SIM2 Max comes tomorrow and im highly questioning why I ordered it lol. As soon as I got my Proto X late last year I had the best scoring rounds and definitely best driving rounds all year. 

Ive owned every new TM driver every year but I really dont see the SIM2 Max competing or being in the bag for me this year...... (Proto knocked the SIM Max out of my bag last year and it wasn't close)

• Like 2

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

my weights from PXG still havent shipped.  ordered last Friday.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

2 minutes ago, Minarets said:

my weights from PXG still havent shipped.  ordered last Friday.

Took mine a week from order date to ship.  And yes, it’s silly and frustrating.  But...they also turned around my Gen3 and had them on my door within 1.5 weeks of order, so I’ll call it a wash!

That said, the weights really do make this driver come alive!  Playing mine at small minus with 12.5 front and 7.5 toe, 2.5 for the rest.  

The more I hit it the more I love this thing.  I may finally spring for that Ventus.  For the first time in years (since my 910 days) I’m not looking for other drivers to try.  This does everything I want with the right aesthetics to boot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm based on this, seems as if club builds are taking priority as of late. I was fit late this past Sunday at the Scottsdale location and got the “my new clubs are ready for pick up” email yesterday day at 4pm AZ time. So only 3 days for a 4-SW custom built set.

I’m sure they will ship soon. 

• Like 1

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

5 minutes ago, evoviiiyou said:

Hmmm based on this, seems as if club builds are taking priority as of late. I was fit late this past Sunday at the Scottsdale location and got the “my new clubs are ready for pick up” email yesterday day at 4pm AZ time. So only 3 days for a 4-SW custom built set.

I’m sure they will ship soon. 

Wait...what did you get?!  Don’t tease us like that and walk away...

Or maybe you already posted it above and I’ve forgotten.  I am getting on in years now.

3 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

I ordered weights on 11th, shipped 17th. Pretty reasonable.

Same for me...supposed to be delivered tuesday the 23rd.  Can't wait to tinker a little bit with the weights.

• Like 1