How did you find GolfWRX

QuigleyDU

11 minutes ago, Roody said:

I was a member at another golf forum which shall remain nameless. My experience over there was nothing short of awful, mostly because of the admin. Decided it was time to find a better place, and GolfWRX came up in search.

Been here since 2008. 

And thank you for hang out and sticking with us while we trip on our face last year brother. 

• Like 1

Just now, easyyy said:

And thank you for hang out and sticking with us while we trip on our face last year brother. 

It should be I who is thanking you for keeping up such a great place for me to come geek out about golf at. 

• Like 2

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

8 minutes ago, Roody said:

It should be I who is thanking you for keeping up such a great place for me to come geek out about golf at. 

It is what I love. The game and this place that "WE" not I have created. Gx, the mods, the charter members, now the larger in house staff, myself and you the members are what make this place real. If there were no members is would go down the tubes. That is why they (you) come first, second and third. Has to be that way because it s the only way it can continue to be a great place.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, obsessed_golfer said:

I was a BSG member before coming here too. Pitbull invited me to join when this site was pretty new.

Reid @pitbull808 is holy around here. He helped build this place. I am not kidding when I tell you that he would send a PM to EVERY new member that joined the day before. He would wake up and find out who joined and write a personal message to each of them individually to welcome them. #respect

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, easyyy said:

Reid @pitbull808 is holy around here. He helped build this place. I am not kidding when I tell you that he would send a PM to EVERY new member that joined the day before. He would wake up and find out who joined and write a personal message to each of them individually to welcome them. #respect

LOL the BSG days.  @easyyy that Cleveland driver took us to bigger and better things and fostered an even greater love and friendship between man of us!  Who would have thought in those early days when there was like twenty of us and the forum was a chit chat between us and the newest club we hoed how big the place would grow??!!  Got to love it and got to love GolfWRX!!! 

• Like 2

On 9/8/2020 at 3:09 PM, easyyy said:

I was upset that we were let down. I cant remember complaining in public but their actions were self serving. 

We have tried to manage this community through the lens of the member. 

I think when we first started we all were pretty much familiar with each others likes and favorites and heavy participators over at BSG. I remember PM'ing you, @HipCheck @Gxgolfer @Zach Heusser aka KascoPro and @Geo aka Beruo for years prior to Golfwrx starting.  When Golfwrx started it was our goal not be be like the place we left. We were all hungry for clubs and club information, basically all club hoes not tied to one brand or feature.  We wanted to know about everything in golf because the bottom line was we wanted that club that was magical...for real and not just some talk because someone told you the Y on the hosel made it special! ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J13 said:

You just wanted that Lime Green Matrix shaft ?

Hey, I want a lime green Matrix shaft!  In fact I was just looking for one on eBay last night. Tells you the caliber of player I am.......I choose my equipment by color, not by seeing if it actually works or not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pitbull808 said:

LOL the BSG days.  @easyyy that Cleveland driver took us to bigger and better things and fostered an even greater love and friendship between man of us!  Who would have thought in those early days when there was like twenty of us and the forum was a chit chat between us and the newest club we hoed how big the place would grow??!!  Got to love it and got to love GolfWRX!!! 

1 hour ago, pitbull808 said:

I think when we first started we all were pretty much familiar with each others likes and favorites and heavy participators over at BSG. I remember PM'ing you, @HipCheck @Gxgolfer @Zach Heusser aka KascoPro and @Geo aka Beruo for years prior to Golfwrx starting.  When Golfwrx started it was our goal not be be like the place we left. We were all hungry for clubs and club information, basically all club hoes not tied to one brand or feature.  We wanted to know about everything in golf because the bottom line was we wanted that club that was magical...for real and not just some talk because someone told you the Y on the hosel made it special! ?

Good to see you here Reid. We are doing a big update here Saturday night. Then we will test the performance before toggling on the bells and whistles. 

I feel today the same I did I when we started. Excited for what is ahead and ready to knock the socks off the membership. Hey can you start PM'ing the new peeps again? ?

• Like 2

I was pretty active over at The Cameron Collector and thru a discussion was directed over here to look for some Zodia wedges and Matrix TP7HD shafts. While in here I stumbled upon some guys I knew but hadn't seen or heard from in years. After about a week or two I found myself logging in here more than anywhere else so I joined and have hung out here ever since.

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

I was on The Sand Trap for a while and another one that I believe was called Golf Review. I got tired of those and googled to find WRX. Never went back to the others after finding this place. GR was a bit of a wild and crazy golf forum. Just about anything was permissible. Anyone else on there? I think it went the way of the Dodo bird. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

When I joined in 2006 I was active on the Wishon tech forum, learning everything I could. If I remember correctly, i found this place through Putter Talk and the PING Putter Collectors guide done by "Lumpy". I was mostly a "lurker', learning what I could. I'm happy GolfWRX has been here through my journey. This game IS magical and this site really keeps that spirit alive. At least that's how I feel about it. 

p.s. I couldn't tell you who sent me a "welcome" message all those years ago, but I do remember thinking "this place is special" if it matters that I joined.

• Like 1

PXG  9* 0811 X  Hazardous Smoke Yellow 60g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 3W  Wishon Black 65g Stiff

Wishon 929HS 7W  Wishon Black 65g R 

PXG 0211 5i DG 105 Regular

Wishon 575MMC  5 - AW  Wishon Superlight Stiff

Ping Glide 3.0  54*  KBS 610 Stiff shaft

Ping Glide 3.0  60*  Z-115 Wedge shaft

PING Anser 3 Goose Neck Putter   

1 hour ago, nitram said:

I was pretty active over at The Cameron Collector and thru a discussion was directed over here to look for some Zodia wedges and Matrix TP7HD shafts. While in here I stumbled upon some guys I knew but hadn't seen or heard from in years. After about a week or two I found myself logging in here more than anywhere else so I joined and have hung out here ever since.

Ohh those black raw Zodia wedges. I would die to have them back. nice to see you! Wait till next week. Changes for the good this time!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Twin2L said:

When I joined in 2006 I was active on the Wishon tech forum, learning everything I could. If I remember correctly, i found this place through Putter Talk and the PING Putter Collectors guide done by "Lumpy". I was mostly a "lurker', learning what I could. I'm happy GolfWRX has been here through my journey. This game IS magical and this site really keeps that spirit alive. At least that's how I feel about it. 

p.s. I couldn't tell you who sent me a "welcome" message all those years ago, but I do remember thinking "this place is special" if it matters that I joined.

That is a good story. It was @pitbull808 that sent that message. Did to everyone for the first few years. Unforgettable. Pitbull808 is in Hawaii and they cant play right now. Said he is buying shoes and gear instead... ouch. I text him today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got here from BSG too. I remember the tour issue driver heads cranked open and lime green Matrix shaft days. Those were some dark times. I don’t post a ton but I’ve been here everyday since. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

On 9/8/2020 at 8:25 AM, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I was on The Golf Channel Discussion board for a few yeas in the early 2000's, then it started breaking down and someone there mentioned WRX, I joined in 2006! 

Same!   I started on there and went to 4gea,  where I had some awesome arguments about the golf swing back in mid 2000's.  That site has slowly devolved.

I always thought of GolfWRX as a similar deal to Bombsquad,  which was a terrible place.    But over time I realized WRX is probably the best golf forum around. 

• Like 2

pretty sure it was a google search for me too...was a while ago. Tried some other sites afterwards but will always stay here. 

• Like 1

All Ping...tastefully done!
Ping G430 Max

Ping G430 Max 3w

Ping G425 3 Hybrid

Ping icrossover 3i
Ping G425 5-SW
Ping Glide 4.0 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Hoofer Tour or Craz-e-Lite Stand Bag
Chrome Soft Truvis Stars & Stripes

I am loving the stories here. Some good times. I don’t remember ever getting a message from @pitbull808 but maybe..

getting to meet @knudson81 and go to Fujikura last year was a big highlight. Loved that trip, hooked me to golf and this forum that much more.

started listening to podcasts after that.. it’s gotten deep.

I am loving the return of the old site as well. So much smoother and better.

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

1 hour ago, QuigleyDU said:

I am loving the stories here. Some good times. I don’t remember ever getting a message from @pitbull808 but maybe..

getting to meet @knudson81 and go to Fujikura last year was a big highlight. Loved that trip, hooked me to golf and this forum that much more.

Yep, @knudson81 podcast has become a must listen for me.  Ryans and Jonny’s are very good as well.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

2 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yep, @knudson81 podcast has become a must listen for me.  Ryans and Jonny’s are very good as well.  

All are good. Different personalities different focus. Knudson is speaking directly to us. 

Edited by QuigleyDU
  • Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

10 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

Quick story how we landed @knudson81... We picked him for the 2017 Best Driver event here in Detroit. He was local and we tried to split the 20 or so testers local and remote to save $$$ for travel costs. He showed up and his personality was infectious. I couldn't leave him alone. He was smart, funny as hell and had the gift for gab. He had a huge beard and looked like a wood maker . I claimed he had to blow out the wood chips from his beard and suit up to go to the event. We joked all weekend about cabinets and lathes etc. 

I would text him every 3 months asking him to join the team and he said nope. One day we was weak and maybe a little sick of his job and I pounced. Asked him to come and play golf in my weekly beer league skins game. During a few early intros my best buddy Jack Demarco ran up to him and picked him up with a very aggressive bear hug. I thought it was over. But Brian loved it.

He joined the team and we could never be the same without him. Heart of gold. Married with child now. Same beard and I think he loves his job. When you work is about your passion (in his case the game) it helps take the sting out of work. He does a bunch of stuff I am sure he would rather not but you can tell he likes doing it because he does it so well. #loveKnudson #WoodmakingGolfers

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, easyyy said:

Quick story how we landed @knudson81... We picked him for the 2017 Best Driver event here in Detroit. He was local and we tried to split the 20 or so testers local and remote to save $$$ for travel costs. He showed up and his personality was infectious. I couldn't leave him alone. He was smart, funny as hell and had the gift for gab. He had a huge beard and looked like a wood maker . I claimed he had to blow out the wood chips from his beard and suit up to go to the event. We joked all weekend about cabinets and lathes etc. 

I would text him every 3 months asking him to join the team and he said nope. One day we was weak and maybe a little sick of his job and I pounced. Asked him to come and play golf in my weekly beer league skins game. During a few early intros my best buddy Jack Demarco ran up to him and picked him up with a very aggressive bear hug. I thought it was over. But Brian loved it.

He joined the team and we could never be the same without him. Heart of gold. Married with child now. Same beard and I think he loves his job. When you work is about your passion (in his case the game) it helps take the sting out of work. He does a bunch of stuff I am sure he would rather not but you can tell he likes doing it because he does it so well. #loveKnudson #WoodmakingGolfers

yeah I follow him on the gram and text him here and there as well. Super good dude and wish he was not a million miles away so I could hang out more often.

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I was active on the GEA for a few years back in the early 2000s and started looking for other communities as that place started its decline. Found GolfWRX pretty early on in its existence.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

10 hours ago, easyyy said:

I appreciate the much-to-kind words; Tears, beards, and sawdust don't mix well! Just to clarify, it was Gear Trials 2016 and Jack jumped into my arms on the driving range! There is no one on the earth who has more passion for the game of golf, equipment, and this community than @easyyy. I love seeing him walk towards me desk because I know we will be diving down a deep rabbit hole of gear for a few minutes! It will be 4 years here are the end of October and I love coming to work everyday! 

20 hours ago, QuigleyDU said:

That Fujikura trip was a blast! Your group was great and it was one to remember for sure! Love getting a DM or text to chat about gear, and life, always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for listening to the show, I really do appreciate it!

19 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you spending your time listening to it! So awesome!

Edited by knudson81
  • Like 3

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

4 hours ago, knudson81 said:

I appreciate the much-to-kind words; Tears, beards, and sawdust don't mix well! Just to clarify, it was Gear Trials 2016 and Jack jumped into my arms on the driving range! There is no one on the earth who has more passion for the game of golf, equipment, and this community than @easyyy. I love seeing him walk towards me desk because I know we will be diving down a deep rabbit hole of gear for a few minutes! It will be 4 years here are the end of October and I love coming to work everyday! 

That Fujikura trip was a blast! Your group was great and it was one to remember for sure! Love getting a DM or text to chat about gear, and life, always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for listening to the show, I really do appreciate it!

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you spending your time listening to it! So awesome!

You're welcome, but it's honestly one of maybe 2 or 3 that I listen to in it's entirety, you have such a natural realateability--if that's even a word, to the audience,  both in regards to your personal rounds and the equipment. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

23 hours ago, Sean2 said:

I have checked out other forums, but there isn't one that is as comprehensive as this one. 

I cut my teeth at the Jo-Ann Fabrics Web Forum (patternreview.com) and I stumbled across WRX when looking up junior golf information for my youngest son. 

After looking around, I decided to register and post.   The rest is history. 

I like to think (and hope) I add to the comprehensiveness of this site. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

I cut my teeth at the Jo-Ann Fabrics Web Forum (patternreview.com) and I stumbled across WRX when looking up junior golf information for my youngest son. 

After looking around, I decided to register and post.   The rest is history. 

I like to think (and hope) I add to the comprehensiveness of this site. 

You're one of my favs. Love the dry humor. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X