New Taylormade Drivers

2 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

If you added up all the total yards they have been promising since they made the Rocketballz and Rocketballzier campaign "15 yards + more with the stage 2..." I think I'd be averaging 750+ yards off the tee by now. Love Taylormade woods though. Amazing stuff.

LOL! Another new clueless mope or closet TM critic. Go figure in spite of what your likes are. TM or any other OEM/DTC brand have never promised 15+ yards for each new driver/iron/hybrid release. Prove me otherwise. I know the sarcasm claim is coming. 

FWIW the 17 yards TM promised was for their RBZ fairway woods which was documented. Which pales in comparison when Callaway promised a 30+ yard increase in their X-Hot fairway woods. Also documented BS. At least for the few amongst us that actually read the fine print on those claims.

BTW when has any club manufacturer released a new club line over the last hundred+ years or so that is claimed to be shorter or less forgiving/playable than their prior releases? 

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JackpotJohnny said:

This is true. They do an ‘every other year evolution vs revolution’ cycle road map. 

The Sim is an evolution of the M5. Next release will be the Revolution of some new tech. 

Think iPhone. It’s not any different. 

I disagree. In some sense, you can call the last 4-5 years a non linear evolution. But if we are using the evolution/revolution language, I think the jump from M5/M6 to Sim/Sim Max was a revolution. TM is even telling you this in the naming of the product as opposed to the “M” line, which was a 4 year naming cycle. I don’t think it’s overly simplistic to say each new release in the “M” series was an evolution while the most recent jump was revolutionary. Sole design, aerodynamics, face height...

1 hour ago, Mookieb10 said:

I disagree. In some sense, you can call the last 4-5 years a non linear evolution. But if we are using the evolution/revolution language, I think the jump from M5/M6 to Sim/Sim Max was a revolution. TM is even telling you this in the naming of the product as opposed to the “M” line, which was a 4 year naming cycle. I don’t think it’s overly simplistic to say each new release in the “M” series was an evolution while the most recent jump was revolutionary. Sole design, aerodynamics, face height...

You’re trying way too hard here. 
I didn’t make any of that up, so it’s not a theory. It came to my ears directly from the mouths of some very nice folks in R&D, when I asked a very specific question about the design pipeline. 
Every other year they try to deliver new tech..the year in between they evolve existing tech. 
Not a huge tech difference between the 2017 M2 and the M4 

And not a huge tech difference between the M6 and the Sim max.
Engineers design products, not name them. So your logic behind the naming conventions is incorrect. 

I´ve heard that retailers, at least in Europe, might see some sneaks in november. Just as they did last year... don´t hold your breath though 🙂

Edited by zam2

TaylorMade SIM 9 GraphiteDesign IZ 6X
TaylorMade M5 FW#3 GraphiteDesign XC 7S
TaylorMade SIM rescue #3 IZ 85X
TaylorMade P7MC 3-P ProjectX PXi 6.0
TaylorMade EF Satin 50, HiToe 56 Nippon Modus3 115S
TaylorMade SpiderX 34"
All clubs GP TourVelvet 0.580 ribbed grips

12 hours ago, grm24 said:

LOL! Another new clueless mope or closet TM critic. Go figure in spite of what your likes are. TM or any other OEM/DTC brand have never promised 15+ yards for each new driver/iron/hybrid release. Prove me otherwise. I know the sarcasm claim is coming. 

FWIW the 17 yards TM promised was for their RBZ fairway woods which was documented. Which pales in comparison when Callaway promised a 30+ yard increase in their X-Hot fairway woods. Also documented BS. At least for the few amongst us that actually read the fine print on those claims.

BTW when has any club manufacturer released a new club line over the last hundred+ years or so that is claimed to be shorter or less forgiving/playable than their prior releases? 

At the end of the day I don't see why you're upset. It's all a gimmick and marketing scheme at the end of the day. There is only so much one manufacturer can do to a club before it is deemed "too _____________________" AKA NON CONFORMING...

I'm most happy when they actually make clubs that look solid and not trash (cough cough Callaway's last couple of releases in the Driver and Wood departments...)

Anyways, for a laugh and to prove my earlier point, here are these videos, enjoy:

Of course I could not find the rest of the vids because they either got deleted or hidden by the Taylormade Team as they now have their SIM Line of super hype ads thanks to the top 10 players in the world! I love Taylormade in an ironic and unironic way! 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7dWB/taylormade-ballz-ier-ft-dustin-johnson-justin-rose-jason-day

image.png.5bd52bf8ecd33587f6cc5f9ba83670a9.png

image.png

6 hours ago, zam2 said:

I´ve heard that retailers, at least in Europe, might see some sneaks in november. Just as they did last year... don´t hold your breath though 🙂

Make it October and you are correct. 😉

Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link

16 hours ago, JackpotJohnny said:

You’re trying way too hard here. 
I didn’t make any of that up, so it’s not a theory. It came to my ears directly from the mouths of some very nice folks in R&D, when I asked a very specific question about the design pipeline. 
Every other year they try to deliver new tech..the year in between they evolve existing tech. 
Not a huge tech difference between the 2017 M2 and the M4 

And not a huge tech difference between the M6 and the Sim max.
Engineers design products, not name them. So your logic behind the naming conventions is incorrect. 

Please excuse my effort if it’s become offensive to you, I just don’t see what you have claimed. Under your logic, M3/M4 to M5/M6 was a revolution, while M5/M6 to Sim/Max was a mere evolution. I’ll take your word, in arguendo, that you know TM engineers, and perhaps I’m foolish to disagree, but I disagree. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mookieb10 said:

Please excuse my effort if it’s become offensive to you, I just don’t see what you have claimed. Under your logic, M3/M4 to M5/M6 was a revolution, while M5/M6 to Sim/Max was a mere evolution. I’ll take your word, in arguendo, that you know TM engineers, and perhaps I’m foolish to disagree, but I disagree. 

You are. But go on and do you baby. 

Again those videos are for fairway woods and not drivers. The 17/10 was for the RBZ and RBZ2 FAIRWAY woods. I hope you understand what the difference is between a FW and driver. You haven't proved anything regarding driver distance promises. That's because TM and everybody other club manufacturer has never claimed what you did in your initial post regarding driver distance. BTW here is the Callaway heaping pile of manure of 32 more yards for a fairway wood. 

Capture.PNG.63de2644b7bf4c6b17affaec10d28c5b.PNG

https://www.tgw.com/callaway-mens-x-hot-fairways-p46548--1

8 hours ago, grm24 said:

Again those videos are for fairway woods and not drivers. The 17/10 was for the RBZ and RBZ2 FAIRWAY woods. I hope you understand what the difference is between a FW and driver. You haven't proved anything regarding driver distance promises. That's because TM and everybody other club manufacturer has never claimed what you did in your initial post regarding driver distance. BTW here is the Callaway heaping pile of manure of 32 more yards for a fairway wood. 

While that can be taking as misleading for sure, they arent saying thats what you will get, it could be something simple as a certain individual saw those gains. 

Edited by Red4282

Ah, the magic of marketing & the endless pursuit for hacks to think the clubs are making them better (there are no hacks on WRX, of course). 

Tech improves over time, agreed. But exponentially & yearly? Come on. They are a business. They need to sell product to stay in business. 

If pros were not getting paid to game certain clubs, I would love to see what they would have in their bags & debunk the “newer is better” mantra. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, grm24 said:

That's a hilarious one from Callaway too hahaha. And yes, Taylormade claimed it for woods, drivers, and hybrids. Cannot find the old articles and ads saying that but trust me, back in the day they were steadfast about those results!

• Confused 2

Tried the SIM a round and dumped mine. It wouldn’t hold the light of day to my m5 Tour, or even the m6 I once played. This was with my Orange CK in them all. For myself, the m5/6 line was better, but again, for  me that is. My son, who’s a baller, says he doesn’t see much difference in his old m6 vs his SIM Max that he currently plays. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dont rory be happy said:

Ah, the magic of marketing & the endless pursuit for hacks to think the clubs are making them better (there are no hacks on WRX, of course). 

Tech improves over time, agreed. But exponentially & yearly? Come on. They are a business. They need to sell product to stay in business. 

If pros were not getting paid to game certain clubs, I would love to see what they would have in their bags & debunk the “newer is better” mantra. 

This was very apparent when Nike stopped making clubs and all of their sponsored players were released to play anything they wanted and still get a % of their Nike sponsor dollars.  Most went with Taylormade woods, Mizuno or Titleist irons, Vokey wedges and Scotty Cameron putters.  Since then, most have signed new sponsorship contracts, but it was great to see what each chose when they had the choice.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

4 hours ago, Carson33 said:

This was very apparent when Nike stopped making clubs and all of their sponsored players were released to play anything they wanted and still get a % of their Nike sponsor dollars.  Most went with Taylormade woods, Mizuno or Titleist irons, Vokey wedges and Scotty Cameron putters.  Since then, most have signed new sponsorship contracts, but it was great to see what each chose when they had the choice.

Very true. I remember when Stenson was gaming a Callaway 3 wood from like 2009 even during his FedEx Cup surge to victory in 2013. Then of course you cannot forget Hideki's Stage 2 3 wood that he had from 2014-2018. The sweet spot was so worn out that he had to re-finish it like 3x!

• Like 1

Carson33,

Too generic. I’d like to see an actual breakdown of whom went where and for what specific equipment after the Nike release.

Edited by Cwing

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

14 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Very true. I remember when Stenson was gaming a Callaway 3 wood from like 2009 even during his FedEx Cup surge to victory in 2013. Then of course you cannot forget Hideki's Stage 2 3 wood that he had from 2014-2018. The sweet spot was so worn out that he had to re-finish it like 3x!

RBZ stage 2 was probably one of the best woods ever imo... played it up until recently that thing had dents and scratches everywhere but was a cannon

• Like 1

TM QI10 LS 9* - Hzrdus Smoke Green PVD 60 6.5 TX 

TM QI10 Tour 13* - Tour AD HD 7TX

TM P790 2 Iron - Ventus Blue Proto 9X or TM QI10 7 Wood - HZRDUS Black GEN 4 80 6.5

TM P7MB 4-PW - Project X 7.0

TM MG4 - 52* & 58*, MG High Toe 64* - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Monterey / SC Phantom 5.5 / TM Spider GTX / TM Spider Armlock

I just got fit 2 weeks ago for a SIM at my country club by Taylormade who had a “regional tour van” onsite.  I went from an 8.5 degree 913d2 with an AD DI 6s (fit on a launch monitor ~8 years ago) to a 10.5 degree SIM with AD IZ 7x.  I gained ~ 25 yards on the outdoor trackman and real playing results show I am hitting 2-3 clubs less into par 4s.  The club is also much straighter and more forgiving than the D2.  Total game changer.  Also, it was so awesome that they made the club onsite to my exact specs (wasn’t cheap though lol).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shaqlemore said:

RBZ stage 2 was probably one of the best woods ever imo... played it up until recently that thing had dents and scratches everywhere but was a cannon

My friend had a stage 2 everything set with those stock X-shafts in the woods and the rbz tour irons which were called rocketbladez even though they were nowhere near a blade!!! HAHAH 😄 

Regardless, set was killer, poor kid got that set stolen twice. Guess the clubs were just that desirable!

On 10/11/2020 at 2:28 PM, TonytheTiger said:

And yes, Taylormade claimed it for woods, drivers, and hybrids. Cannot find the old articles and ads saying that but trust me, back in the day they were steadfast about those results!

You're so FOS about what you claim. So in your mind TM and all of the other major OEM's were able to completely scrub the entire internet of their yearly 10-15 yard distance claims? How did they do that? Easy answer. They didn't need to as it never existed. Enjoy your short stay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grm24 said:

You're so FOS about what you claim. So in your mind TM and all of the other major OEM's were able to completely scrub the entire internet of their yearly 10-15 yard distance claims? How did they do that? Easy answer. They didn't need to as it never existed. Enjoy your short stay.

I don't understand why you're mad. Everyone knows that all these marketing campaigns are shams! All that matters is how and what you play when you play! Come down to San Diego, let's play wherever, whenever. Good luck 😉 

• Like 4

If you know Taylormade, you know that they typically have something new every 6 months whether its irons or woods. Other companies have longer cycles with their line ups. Up to you to grab the Sim but dont be surprised if a new Driver doesnt come out before the end of the year. Ive skipped on getting the Sim and grabbed an M6 for a better price just because I didnt see a big enough difference. If you like what have now and feel the price is right, then pull the trigger. You can always get back on the BST section and recoup most of your money. 

Edited by llewol007
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

22 hours ago, grm24 said:

The guy made a joke. It was funny. I remember the constant distance claims. Relax dude.

• Like 3

Team TaylorMade

Qi10 Black Out 9° Lin-Q White 6X

Apex UW 17° AD-UB 7X

Qi10 Tour Rescue 3 Steelfiber i80 S

Qi10 Tour Rescue 4 Steelfiber i95 S

P7MB 23 5i-9i Modus 105 S

MG3 46 / 50 / 54 / 60

Spider GT Notchback