2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

All-Fit Universal Adaptor Thread

kjbuckeye

Interested in trying this, from what I've read though you have to cut the shaft to about 43" to play 45" in a driver, does this system add a whole 1" to playing length as opposed to a standard OEM adapter (cut to 44" for 45" playing length)  

Also, is the all fit system off billy bobs?,  All I can find is their CMX universal OEM system, which looks like the same idea as the all-fit.  I see the all-fit website is offering but it looks like gen III adapters. 

Driver: Ping G410 LST, 9 degree, VA Composites Raijin Black 65 X

3 Wood: Sim Tour Issue, 14.5 degree, VA Composites Synystr 75 X

Utility: Ping iCrossover 3 iron, GD 95X 

Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo, TT X100

Wedges: Vokey 54/58, S300

Putter:  Lajosi, Bellum Winnmore, or Scotty 5.5......We'll see who wins!! 

Ball: Titleist ProV1

45 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

Does anyone have some tips on getting the screw to insert into the rubber washer when changing from OEM to AllFit adapter? It's kind of a PIA.

I find it easiest to do this at the workbench. I use the OEM removal tool from my old Club Conex Uni-Fit supplies, but a nut driver bit works just as well. Set the O-ring on the end, put the clubhead over it and push the screw in by hand.

01 Club Conex.png

02 Nut Driver Set.png

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2023 at 9:00 AM, quizzylish said:

Interested in trying this, from what I've read though you have to cut the shaft to about 43" to play 45" in a driver, does this system add a whole 1" to playing length as opposed to a standard OEM adapter (cut to 44" for 45" playing length) 

I've measured various Callaway, Titleist, and PXG drivers. The biggest difference in BBGM between the stock adapter and All-Fit adapter is 1/4". The playing length shouldn't be significantly longer if you switch to All-Fit.

8 minutes ago, Golf Pig said:

I've measured various Callaway, Titleist, and PXG drivers. The biggest difference in BBGM between the stock adapter and All-Fit adapter is 1/4". The playing length shouldn't be significantly longer if you switch to All-Fit.

Great,  Thank you for that.  Any information on the whole lawsuit thing and where to find All-fit version IV?  I don't see them on Billybob's.....just the CMX, proprietary brand.  

Driver: Ping G410 LST, 9 degree, VA Composites Raijin Black 65 X

3 Wood: Sim Tour Issue, 14.5 degree, VA Composites Synystr 75 X

Utility: Ping iCrossover 3 iron, GD 95X 

Irons: Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo, TT X100

Wedges: Vokey 54/58, S300

Putter:  Lajosi, Bellum Winnmore, or Scotty 5.5......We'll see who wins!! 

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Sorry if this has been asked before

But is there a Canadian retailer that sells these? 

Ping G430 Max 10.5* w/ GD Tour AD TP
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 18* w/ GD Tour AD DI

Srixon ZX MkII 19* & 24* w/x100
Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 48-52-56-61 w/ PX 6.5

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mil Spec  

Just installed my first All Fit adapter on a driver shaft.  No problems.

Tried the shaft in a Tour Edge C723 driver head.  The Tour Edge collar worked easily.  

2nd shot on the range and the driver head flew off.  Apparently the stock screw from All Fit is not long enough for the Tour Edge head.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 deg. @ -1 with Diamana ZF 60S

Tour Edge C723 13 deg. with Diamana Thump f75 S

Cobra LTDx 15 deg @ +1.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 70 S

Tour Edge E723 21 deg. with Diamana Thump f85 S

Cobra LTDx 24 deg 5 hybrid with Fujikura Fuel 85 S

Corey Paul Cavity Back 5-6 with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul Muscle Back 7-PW with KBS $-Taper 120 S

Corey Paul 50, 54 with KBS Tour V Wedge 125g S

Corey Paul 58 with BGT ZNE 130g Stiff

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour

31 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

Just installed my first All Fit adapter on a driver shaft.  No problems.

Tried the shaft in a Tour Edge C723 driver head.  The Tour Edge collar worked easily.  

2nd shot on the range and the driver head flew off.  Apparently the stock screw from All Fit is not long enough for the Tour Edge head.

Tour Edge uses the "C" screw. I have and use that one and it fits securely.

On 9/25/2023 at 11:00 AM, quizzylish said:

Also, is the all fit system off billy bobs?,  All I can find is their CMX universal OEM system, which looks like the same idea as the all-fit.

The CMX All-Fit Universal from Billy Bob's should still be the Allfit Gen IV.   At least, it was when I ordered a few months ago.   I show what I received from them in a picture back a page. They do have others that are brand specific, but if you look close, you'll see All-Fit mentioned in the title of the correct one.  

10 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Apparently the stock screw from All Fit is not long enough for the Tour Edge head.

I haven't tried a Tour Edge head, but as @rlb4 said it needs a "#C Screw".  If you bought from Billy Bob's, one should have been sent with your Tour Edge collar.  If you enlarge the graphic for their spare screws, you can see which screws are intended for which collar.  

Note also that the rubber washer is supposed to go on the end of the shaft, inside the head, not between the flange of the screw and the head.

Unless you were very lucky, your adapter may have been permanently damaged by the stripping out the lowest threads.  If you don't feel like buying and epoxying a new one on, you might want to try the procedure I showed a page back for drilling it out and inserting a helical coil.

On 9/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, nkurz said:

My Allfit adapter failed today in normal use!  I was trying a Titleist TSR3 head that I was trialing from GlobalGolf.  I'd put it on the day before, tightened it to "two clicks" with the Universal Torque Wrench sold by BillyBobs, and hit some practice balls, but this was the first day with it on the course.  I hit a ball that flew well, but noticed that head was very loose afterward so I immediately stopped using it.   Upon taking it apart when I got home, I realized that the threads had been stripped out from adapter: 

StrippedAllfit.jpg.59db7f7c6647077efddc32f9114ddf47.jpg

I was using the B screw, which I'm pretty sure is considered correct for all Titleist heads.   About 5 circles of thread came out, and there looks to be another full circle of thread left in the adapter, but the base problem would seem to be that the screw doesn't penetrate deep enough into the head.  I think this happened in a single hit rather than a gradual loosening, but I guess I can't be certain.  I've written to BillyBobs asking if they will send me a replacement or refund. 

This exact thing has happened to two of my All-Fit adapters so far. 

Another go with the All Fit adapter installed on a Diamana ZF 60S shaft and using the Cobra length screw yesterday attached to the same Tour Edge C723 driver head.

Time on the range and no problems.  Decided to put it in play for 18 holes.  Was hitting driver pretty well until the last few holes and the ball starts spraying everywhere with an odd low trajectory.  On the last hole I hit driver and when I bent down to pick up my tee I heard the club make a funny noise.  I look down at the head and see that the adapter has moved down the shaft causing a gap between the plastic ferrule and the adapter body.  Upon inspection and a little bit of hand twisting it is apparent that the adapter is no longer solidly bonded to the shaft allowing the head to spin.  Was able to by hand remove the head with adapter in place from the shaft.

Despite roughing up the interior of the adapter as suggested, the epoxy/adapter bond failed.

Have never had an adapter issue in the past until now.

Despite ordering several of the All Fit adapters and multiple different collars due to really wanting a universal adapter option I have lost confidence in this adapter and have ordered a couple of Tour Edge hosel adapters to use going forward with this driver.

Very disappointed.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Another go with the All Fit adapter installed on a Diamana ZF 60S shaft and using the Cobra length screw yesterday attached to the same Tour Edge C723 driver head.

Time on the range and no problems.  Decided to put it in play for 18 holes.  Was hitting driver pretty well until the last few holes and the ball starts spraying everywhere with an odd low trajectory.  On the last hole I hit driver and when I bent down to pick up my tee I heard the club make a funny noise.  I look down at the head and see that the adapter has moved down the shaft causing a gap between the plastic ferrule and the adapter body.  Upon inspection and a little bit of hand twisting it is apparent that the adapter is no longer solidly bonded to the shaft allowing the head to spin.  Was able to by hand remove the head with adapter in place from the shaft.

Despite roughing up the interior of the adapter as suggested, the epoxy/adapter bond failed.

Have never had an adapter issue in the past until now.

Despite ordering several of the All Fit adapters and multiple different collars due to really wanting a universal adapter option I have lost confidence in this adapter and have ordered a couple of Tour Edge hosel adapters to use going forward with this driver.

Very disappointed.

Not exactly sure how the adapter was at fault for a faulty epoxy job. 🤷

• Like 2

Tip was prepped, adapter interior roughed up per recommendations here on the forum.  Left over epoxy was saved to assess curing and it was confirmed hard.  

I did not assess the failure as an epoxy problem that is why I’m disappointed.

1 hour ago, Hoyoymac said:

Tip was prepped, adapter interior roughed up per recommendations here on the forum.  Left over epoxy was saved to assess curing and it was confirmed hard.  

Did you put the rubber ferrule onto the shaft before you applied the epoxy, or did you keep it attached to the adapter?  I put mine on the shaft first, then applied epoxy to the tip and inside, then pushed the adapter on, and then (messily) managed to get the ferrule back on the adapter.  

It didn't seem well designed for this approach, but I was concerned if I didn't do it this way, it would "squeegee" all the epoxy of the tip.  I wonder if that's what happened in your case.  I stripped the threads on mine, but the epoxy seems to be holding well to the shaft.

Thanks for the help guys on trying to diagnose the recent failures.

I coated the interior of the adapter with epoxy and then coated the shaft tip before inserting it into the adapter using the same procedure that I use for every other manufacturer’s adapters.

There was more than enough epoxy.  I wiped off the excess and set it in the rack to cure overnight.

I’m willing to give the All-fit adapters another chance since I have 4 more of them.  

But, I have to admit my confidence is shaken after these recent issues.

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, Golf Pig said:

Total playing length of the OEM drivers difference only 1/4" between the shortest and longest? Do you remember which OEM's length is longer and which shorter?

On 12/4/2023 at 7:34 AM, keyser said:

Total playing length of the OEM drivers difference only 1/4" between the shortest and longest? Do you remember which OEM's length is longer and which shorter?

Callaway was very close to the same BBGM. Titleist is about 3/8" longer with All-Fit. My PXG 0811X Proto is the longest at 1/4". Nothing I've measured will play shorter than OEM.

On 12/4/2023 at 10:34 PM, keyser said:

More important is the playing length between OEMs. since we are sticking with ALL-FIT and expecting for long term convenience. tested major brands, length between them is very close. around 1/8" difference. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2024 at 3:55 PM, rlb4 said:

Anyone know which screws the new PXG Black Ops drivers use?

On 1/26/2024 at 9:26 AM, Golf Pig said:

I'm going for a fitting on Wednesday and I'll find out. I'm assuming it's a B20.

I just got back from my fitting (terrific feeling clubs and increased clubhead/ball speeds for me). The adapters haven't changed.

Black Ops Standard or Tour-1 driver - PXG-FIT collar and B20 screw

Black Ops Fairway Woods - PXG-FIT collar and B screw

Black Ops Hybrids - PXG-FIT 0.370 collar and B screw

Edited by Golf Pig
  • Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been answered

In a taylormade head, the standard setting is the flattest possible setting, the opposite setting being the most upright setting in the head.

Ping and PXG are the opposite, where the standard setting is the most upright, with an option to go 3* flatter than stated.

I am assuming that the standard setting in the all fit adapter corresponds to the standard setting in a given head... if that is the case, then how does the "upright" setting in in the all fit compare in a taylormade versus a ping fit? 

Ping g430 3 wood is 56* lie angle, so the flatter setting (opposite the standard) on a Ping adapter would take it down to 53*, would the All fit upright setting match this flat setting, or would it go 2 degrees further upright to 58*

Hope that makes sense, and someone out there has the means to test this!

11 hours ago, gentles said:

I am assuming that the standard setting in the all fit adapter corresponds to the standard setting in a given head... if that is the case, then how does the "upright" setting in in the all fit compare in a taylormade versus a ping fit? 

It should be the same. Ping/pxg just have their standard in the opposite direction of TMs adapter. Since all fit is pretty much designed from a TM adapter it will act like one. 

38 minutes ago, Glock917 said:

It should be the same. Ping/pxg just have their standard in the opposite direction of TMs adapter. Since all fit is pretty much designed from a TM adapter it will act like one. 

would this mean that the standard setting in all fit is the flattest setting the head can go in, which in a ping would be the max flat setting? In a tm head the flattest setting is the standard setting 

thanks for the response 

15 minutes ago, gentles said:

would this mean that the standard setting in all fit is the flattest setting the head can go in, which in a ping would be the max flat setting? In a tm head the flattest setting is the standard setting 

thanks for the response 

Ping standard setting is its most upright. It can only go flatter(3*). The All Fit standard setting is in its flattest. It can only go upright.