2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

All-Fit Universal Adaptor Thread

kjbuckeye

On 1/21/2023 at 10:11 PM, SwingBlues said:

R u going to switch to the Gen 3 adapters?

Not too sure yet.. I have so many what's most likely gen 1 adapters though. 

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, wbond said:

Does anyone know if you order from Billy Bobs, do you get the screw with the collar?  I'm going to be ordering a sleeve and then collars for TM and PXG and from what i can tell, they require two different screws.  

Yes.......as an assurance-if ordering online just put it in the notes, if calling don't forget to ask!

22 hours ago, wbond said:

Does anyone know if you order from Billy Bobs, do you get the screw with the collar?  I'm going to be ordering a sleeve and then collars for TM and PXG and from what i can tell, they require two different screws.  

You can use the stock TM screws already in the heads, no change necessary.  Make sure to ask for screws for the PXG, however.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 7:04 AM, Cruisin1966 said:

You can use the stock TM screws already in the heads, no change necessary.  Make sure to ask for screws for the PXG, however.

Dealing with Billy Bobs right now. They apparently don't have the #B20 screws for PXG and say that the regular B screw works with PXG Gen4/5... I need to install the adapter to check but it sounds like that isn't correct.

Billy Bobs actually followed up with the manufacturer on their own and let me know that the #B20 is correct. They don't have them now, but have a bunch on the way for the PXG collar orders, they should have them next week. Pretty happy with their follow up and customer service on a small part for a new customer, solid shop.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, Pleasedwith3putts said:

The adapter shaft puller kit comes with five different screws to cover the different manufacturers. That tells you all you need to know, a universal adapter is going to need a screw thread that matches up too.

use the TM screw for the puller

Edited by SwingBlues

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 2/23/2023 at 9:59 AM, RenoLaw said:

Billy Bobs actually followed up with the manufacturer on their own and let me know that the #B20 is correct. They don't have them now, but have a bunch on the way for the PXG collar orders, they should have them next week. Pretty happy with their follow up and customer service on a small part for a new customer, solid shop.

Yeah BB has great customer service, ordered from them many times 👍

Edited by SwingBlues

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

28 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Yeah BB has great customer service, ordered from them many times 👍

FWIW, if your All-Fit need is small, BB has the best deal. Bigger orders, ordering direct is best value even with the FedEx charge

I've noticed there are a couple options that BB doesn't have, but All Fit does.  Tour Edge for sure, but not remembering the other I had in my brain at one point.  (maybe it is just TE)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

5 minutes ago, 1mcozik said:

Sorry hate to be that person but can someone link me to where I can buy the collars for other drivers to use with this adapter? I went to the allfit website and billy bob golf and little confused. 

Billy bobs has them. It is a little confusing on their website.

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/billy-bobs-all-fit-universal-club-fitting-system-offering-less-gram-weights-oem-drivers-and-fairways/

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, 1mcozik said:

Ok used these all fit adapter and after two rounds my driver head is now loose. The screw that came with the adapter is no longer tightening and it just spins loose. Doesn’t seem right and I’ll withhold judgement but I’m removing the adapter off the shaft.

been using for 1year+, all perfect. 

you might used the wrong screw, and bottom up the thread spring. 

Reached my contact Crystal in ALLFITGOLF, they upgraded to Gen4. i was told it solved the mindless mistake on screw model. 

4 minutes ago, GetEagle said:

Reached my contact Crystal in ALLFITGOLF, they upgraded to Gen4. i was told it solved the mindless mistake on screw model. 

I used the screw it came with for a TM collar but doesn’t matter anymore. I’ll revisit these adapters next time I get a different shaft or driver.

2 hours ago, 1mcozik said:

I used the screw it came with for a TM collar but doesn’t matter anymore. I’ll revisit these adapters next time I get a different shaft or driver.

Lol. Even better timing to use allfit since you are getting new shaft. 

nothing need to change while something new is coming out. 

what model you used, old TM driver? 

On 3/12/2023 at 4:53 AM, 1mcozik said:

TM Sim

To my understanding, and with a bunch of shafts with the AllFit adapters, the TM heads don't need new screws, use the ones already in the heads

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

On 3/11/2023 at 5:22 PM, GetEagle said:

Thanks for the headsup on the Gen 4. Reached out to Top Golf and it looks like Gen 4 and Gen 3 are the same size adapters just that they have "fixed" the thread issue prevalent since Gen 1.

All-Fit_Gen4.jpg.06a797b2406dd7fda085fc83600f395d.jpg

I think it will come with a screw now

Font change to the printed "All Fit"

Circular logo show "IV" versus "III" in the Gen 3

I think I will use up all my Gen 3 before getting the Gen 4, no issues with threads and I got 2 different heads.

Same price though.

Edited by SwingBlues

The Gen 4 adapters appear to not be on their website yet......    

Ideas?   

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I just placed an order from Billy Bob's, and received the new gen 4 / gen IV adapters. I went with Billy Bobs since I needed other club building supplies, and the shipping cost was cheaper. 

I just installed the adapters yesterday, I might be able to swing the driver today. I forgot to abrade the interior of the adapter, so I am a little worried about them staying put. I like to try new shafts often, so I pull and reattach a lot of adapters, I rarely have issues. But I have had one maybe two authentic adapters that came off the shaft in the last few years (this only happened after a fair bit of use and sitting in my car in the summer heat, and it never happened on a swing, only when I noticed a little twistiness on the driver after hitting, I was able to twist the adapter off) 

I wasn't sure how to get the rubber o ring onto the screw inside the driver head when I first attached the driver heads, but I was able to set the O-Ring on the top of the adapter on the shaft, and carefully set the driver head on top and screw it in. The fit seems nice and tight, but as I mentioned, the real test is yet to come when I swing the clubs tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

29 minutes ago, cvvorst said:

I just placed an order from Billy Bob's, and received the new gen 4 / gen IV adapters. I went with Billy Bobs since I needed other club building supplies, and the shipping cost was cheaper. 

I just installed the adapters yesterday, I might be able to swing the driver today. I forgot to abrade the interior of the adapter, so I am a little worried about them staying put. I like to try new shafts often, so I pull and reattach a lot of adapters, I rarely have issues. But I have had one maybe two authentic adapters that came off the shaft in the last few years (this only happened after a fair bit of use and sitting in my car in the summer heat, and it never happened on a swing, only when I noticed a little twistiness on the driver after hitting, I was able to twist the adapter off) 

I wasn't sure how to get the rubber o ring onto the screw inside the driver head when I first attached the driver heads, but I was able to set the O-Ring on the top of the adapter on the shaft, and carefully set the driver head on top and screw it in. The fit seems nice and tight, but as I mentioned, the real test is yet to come when I swing the clubs tonight or tomorrow.

Good to know. Billys is definitely the way to go if you order is small, up to a point.

Side question, is there any visual difference in the o-ring of the Gen3 and the Gen4? The Gen3 o-rings never last for me.

48 minutes ago, cvvorst said:

Could you share a link if you dont mind, please!

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

7 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Good to know. Billys is definitely the way to go if you order is small, up to a point.

Side question, is there any visual difference in the o-ring of the Gen3 and the Gen4? The Gen3 o-rings never last for me.

So I never actually had the gen 3, so I can't really compare. The o rings on the all fit seem a little smaller than the o ring on the ping g425 screw. The ping seems to fill the space on the hoselmore where the all fit has more space on the sides. So far it seems like a non issue, unless it doesn't last or falls out.  I might try the ping o ring if the all fit doesn't last. If you want I could try and snap a pic of the screw and o-ring and adapter? 

I wasn't able to get outside and swing, but I took a few half swings with my g425 inside. The adapter seems plenty tight with no rattle or movement. Seems nice and stable. I'm hoping to hit with a few shafts tomorrow to test it out. 

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

6 hours ago, DNice26 said:

Could you share a link if you dont mind, please!

You mean a link to the adapters I assume? Here's the link to what I ordered. Top one is the adapter, the bottom link is to the collars. 

All my adapters came with a screw, seems like the screw fits a lot of heads. If I understand correctly, it fits the Ping g425/g430, Callaway, and Titleist (and maybe others?) My taylormade collar came with a different screw. I'm going to put it in a Stealth 2 Plus tomorrow. 

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/billy-bobs-cmx-all-fit-universal-club-fitting-system-offering-less-overall-gram-weights-changeable-sleeves/

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/billy-bobs-all-fit-universal-club-fitting-system-offering-less-gram-weights-oem-drivers-and-fairways/

• Like 1

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

12 hours ago, cvvorst said:

You mean a link to the adapters I assume? Here's the link to what I ordered. Top one is the adapter, the bottom link is to the collars. 

All my adapters came with a screw, seems like the screw fits a lot of heads. If I understand correctly, it fits the Ping g425/g430, Callaway, and Titleist (and maybe others?) My taylormade collar came with a different screw. I'm going to put it in a Stealth 2 Plus tomorrow. 

https://billybobsgolf.com/product/billy-bobs-cmx-all-fit-universal-club-fitting-system-offering-less-overall-gram-weights-changeable-sleeves/

You don't need to change the screws in the Taylormade heads.  Use what's there, it will work with the AllFit adapter (plus collar)

• Like 1

After my 4th shot with my stealth 2 with all fit adapter, and the head felt a little loose. I could feel a little bit of movement in the head when I inspected it. I unscrew the shaft and noticed the adapter tip had metal shavings around it. It appears that the thread inside the adapter was stripped. I figured I would just screw the head back in and not use it. But the screw would not lock into the adapter anymore. I'll attach pictures that hopefully show the metal shavings. 

I kept the original TaylorMade screw in the head, so I could always try to use the allfit screw in the head. But I'm starting to worry if I can trust the AllFit long term. How common is it for the threads inside the adapter to be stripped from hitting it like normal? 

I'm not sure if I should reach out to Billy Bob's or to AllFit. 

I'm really hopeful this was a fluke. Because I love the fact that I can swap between driver heads. I'll have to bring a shaft with the normal adapter for my next rounds just in case though. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

Quick Edit : I messaged AllFit through their website after making this post, and received an email within the hour. They asked for some details and my pictures. I'm impressed with the quick reply, and I do think they will help me find out what went wrong and fix it. 

PXL_20230326_002921992.jpg

PXL_20230326_002949882.jpg

Edited by cvvorst
Adding info
  • Sad 1

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

I'm exchanging emails with allfit, but wanted to ask others on here as well. Which wrench is recommended for use with allfit? I have Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Taylormade, etc etc. 

Also, should I pull the Taylormade screw out of the head and use the AllFit screw for use with the AllFit adapter instead? I can't help but think that the AllFit screw and thread inside the adapter will be made with comparable materials, which would make failure less likely. While the taylormade screw might be slightly higher quality, which is why the thread inside the adapter was stripped? 

I guess I'll just pull the AllFit adapter from the shaft I was using, no sense keeping it on. My only hesitation is if the thread will hold the screw I use on my shaft puller. I have an extra adapter I was going to toss on another shaft, but I might wait and see if my other allfit adapters work better. 

I'm attaching a picture showing metal shavings that were in the bottom of the driver head hosel. 

PXL_20230326_155925863.jpg

PXL_20230326_155941113.jpg

Edit: I'm attaching some pictures showing all the shavings that came out when I pulled the original Taylormade screw from the stealth 2 head. On the left is the original taylormade screw, on the right is the unused allfit screw that came with the adapter.

From what I can see, the screw itself is fine. 

PXL_20230326_161630928.jpg

PXL_20230326_161530499.jpg

PXL_20230326_161645614.jpg

Edited by cvvorst
  • Sad 1

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Best not to use Callaway-they seem to have enough torque to break Ping and TM screws. I’ve had this happen and only use the Cally wrench on the larger diameter Callaway screw.

I always use TM wrench with All-Fot adaptors, just seems to secure the screw fine without the extra effort to “Click”.

All-Fit also uses the same diameter screw as TM, so for me it’s the logical option.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

4 minutes ago, roxald said:

Best not to use Callaway-they seem to have enough torque to break Ping and TM screws. I’ve had this happen and only use the Cally wrench on the larger diameter Callaway screw.

I always use TM wrench with All-Fot adaptors, just seems to secure the screw fine without the extra effort to “Click”.

All-Fit also uses the same diameter screw as TM, so for me it’s the logical option.

Rox

Thank you for the reply! I will be using the Taylormade from now on then. 

• Like 1

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S