Vessel PLAYER III STAND (3.0)

On 8/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, robcha said:

Does anybody else get the "sunscreen marks" on your bags? After you put some on and then touch your bag, there's a mark or print.

Trying to figure out if there's an easy way to get rid of them. Tried warm water and a towel but doesn't really come out.

use the ArmorAll cleaning wipes for your car. comes off so easy and works great on your leather covers and shoes as well.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Vtwar said:

How is the vessel with push carts? Does anyone have any experience with using it with push carts or carts as well?

I have used my Player 3 DXR on my Clicgear 4 for 2 years.  It is a fantastic cart bag.  It’s nice and sturdy so it doesn’t twist.  Of my 2 Vessels it is my preferred cart bag.  My Ping Hoofer in comparison shifts and twists all over the place when using it on a push cart.

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

17 hours ago, Vtwar said:

How is the vessel with push carts? Does anyone have any experience with using it with push carts or carts as well?

I haven't put my VLX on a pushcart but I think it would work great, and can only thing the Players III is better. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 3:53 PM, Vtwar said:

I've used my Player 3 on a Rovic RV1S cart for the last two years with zero issues - probably close to 100 rounds total.  Fits tight in the top cart saddle and doesn't twist.  Zero club tangle.

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Golfingfanatic said:

Is there a Player IV bag coming anytime soon?

I swear I read something about the 4th version of the bag coming out this year, but did not bookmark/save it and I have yet to be able to find that agin, so it's possible I just imagined it.  Having just got the VLX 2.0 to have something smaller to travel with and go to the range with, I for sure would love to have a Players version as well for the rare times I need soemthing bigger.  

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:11 AM, Swopes30 said:

I was told by Vessel customer service that the Player 4 would be out later in 2023, but I was also told more colors of the Player 3 DXR were going to come out in 4th quarter of 2022. 

Any more info on this? Hard to think they'd call it Player 4 since Titleist already has that name for their bags?

Edited by Shaffer_C

They had the players 4 at the PGA show, but I haven't seen many pics. Really interested to see what the 6 way top is like. Really hope it's like the players 2 and not like the players 3.

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

17 hours ago, Shaffer_C said:

Any more info on this? Hard to think they'd call it Player 4 since Titleist already has that name for their bags?

I stand corrected. They are called Players IV. There's also a Players IV Pro. Some pictures posted in the PGA Show thread.

Edited by Shaffer_C

On 2/3/2023 at 5:50 AM, dmbrill719 said:

They had the players 4 at the PGA show, but I haven't seen many pics. Really interested to see what the 6 way top is like. Really hope it's like the players 2 and not like the players 3.

What changed from 2 to 3 for the 6 way top?

Debating the 3 vs the VLX 2.0 but seeing a IV and IV Pro from the PGA Show has me waiting to pull the trigger until we can get some more details. 

Someone on here must have gotten a catalog 🙂

TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue 7x

TSR3 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 8x

PXG Gen 4 21* Tour AD GP 9x 

ZX MKII Utility 20* Ventus Blue HB 10x 

ZX7 MKII 5-W Project X 6.5

SM9 50/54/58 TI S400

SC Phantom X 5.5 

@cuts33 the players ii had a 6 way top with one being an individual putter well at the top.  So basically 4 rows for the clubs including the putter well. 

The new top is basically 3 rows with the top row having a middle divider, like a hoofer.

• Like 1

Bag 1                                                                                          Bag 2

Ping G425 Max 9* Ventus Black 7X                                         Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX

Taylor Made 300 Mini 13.5* Rogue Silver 70TX                      Tour Edge Exotics CBX 20* Aldila Rip Alpha 105X

Titleist TSi3 16.5* Rogue Silver 80TX                                      Ben Hogan Ft Worth Hi 26* Recoil 110X

Titleist TS3 21* Rogue Black 95TX                                          Ben Hogan Ft Worth 32*, 38*, 44*, 50* Recoil 125X

Titleist T200 5 MCI Black 100X                                                Ben Hogan TK-15 58* Recoil Wedge Proto 125X

Titleist T100S 6-AW MCI Black 100X                                       Ping Vault Anser 2

Bettinardi HLX 3.0 56* MCI Mild 125                                        

Fourteen RM-22 60* Black Onyx S400

Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

On 12/12/2022 at 7:57 AM, bcc624 said:

I’m also interested in the answer to this. I’m choosing between getting the white or gray.  

although my bag isn’t all white, there is a good chunk of white on it and it’s held up so far.  Still looks white and clean.  I’ve recently played a few rounds after and during some rain in a cart.  After the round, there was tons of mud splash all over the bag.  I got home, used a wet towel to clean it all off and it was as good as new.  

3 hours ago, Inglewood said:

Are the legs solid?  Deploy well?  So sick of my mizuno bag tipping over bc legs dont fully come out...

I think the legs work pretty good. They deploy and don't get all spread out. It's the least of any complaints I would have.The side water bottle pockets are pretty useless beyond 12oz water bottle or can. That's about it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, capking said:

I came from a Mizuno player stand bag and the legs on it sucked. The players 3 are more stable and you can stand it up on concrete without deploying the legs.

Thanks for the feedback - was more concerned that the legs on mizuno DONT come out far enough, and the bag tips as a result...

• 3 months later...

Just ordered one on the bay. Still more than I'm used to paying for a bag, but frustrated with Ping after my last hoofer's pockets/zippers were completely destroyed after a few years. 

SO, help me feel better for spending so much on a bag! I typically walk, but hoping to use my clicgear 3.5 more with this, since i hear it fits better than the hoofers with the angled bottoms.

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters

38 minutes ago, masegolf1978 said:

Just ordered one on the bay. Still more than I'm used to paying for a bag, but frustrated with Ping after my last hoofer's pockets/zippers were completely destroyed after a few years. 

SO, help me feel better for spending so much on a bag! I typically walk, but hoping to use my clicgear 3.5 more with this, since i hear it fits better than the hoofers with the angled bottoms.

Great bag.  Came from a couple of Sun Mountain 4.5s to the Vessel Player III.  I use it most on my Rovic.  Fits great.  No twist.  No club tangle (6 way top).

• Like 1

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

Awesome! Yep, i got the six way. Appreciate the response. (I'm incredibly cheap...)

Tsr2 8 or Tsi3 9 with Whiteboard 73 stiff Rombax 7z08
Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff

titleist 818h2 with atmos stiff
titleist 710 mb 4-pw or Mizuno 919 Tour 4-pw or....
Vokey 52,56
Lajosi dd201 about 20 other putters

• 4 weeks later...

Played last week in torrential rain. No umbrella. The vinyl was big plus, I kept my grips dry through all of it. Only thing I continue to dislike is the bottle pockets, they're useless. Season three and holds up well.Very easy bag to live with, comfortable to carry and very stable on the legs. Happier with buy than I thought i would be.