Vessel PLAYER III STAND (3.0)

Anyone have issues with their straps coming unstitched? Mine have come completely unstitched where the strap enters the shoulder pad. I have emailed Vessel with pics and hope to get a new strap but wondering if this has been a problem with anyone else. Thanks.

59641420-BB4E-43E1-B3F5-B3D52868CAF7.heic

Ugggh. Been trying to decide between this or a VLS lux for a bit now.  Really wish the vls was in Grey which for whatever reason is super important to me. Hopefully either go on sale and I can nab before the season starts. 

Driver - Ping G425 Max 10.5 w Ventus Blue Velocore 60x
3 Wood - Ping G425 Max 14.5 w Ventus Blue Velocore 70x
Utility - Callaway Apex UW 19 w Ventus Blue Velocore 80x
Irons - Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-GW w $ Taper 130x
Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D to 55.13D w S400 Dynamic Gold Tour
Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM9 60.08M w S400 Dynamic Gold Tour
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour w 35in Stability Tour

This bag is new to me and I like the looks but the jury is still out on the 6 way divider. I like how that bag can stand without having the legs deployed and the clubs go in nicely but when the legs are deployed the clubs seem to get snagged putting back.  I'm used to a 14 way Sun Mountain and the individual dividers work very well.  I know this is personal taste and I'm a bit anal about my clubs being where I put them in the bag so maybe I should have got the 14 way version.  

Vessel 1 Cropped.jpg

Vessel 2 cropped .jpg

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

59 minutes ago, Tzoid said:

This bag is new to me and I like the looks but the jury is still out on the 6 way divider. I like how that bag can stand without having the legs deployed and the clubs go in nicely but when the legs are deployed the clubs seem to get snagged putting back.  I'm used to a 14 way Sun Mountain and the individual dividers work very well.  I know this is personal taste and I'm a bit anal about my clubs being where I put them in the bag so maybe I should have got the 14 way version.  

Vessel 1 Cropped.jpg

Vessel 2 cropped .jpg

i had the 14 way version and the clubs snagged when removing or putting them back with the stand deployed.

I was going to try the 6 way, but sounds like they still snag.  What grips do you play if you don’t mind me asking?  

Okay, help me here.

have used cart bag forever and ride 95% of rounds (average 100 or so a year). But those 15% I want a stand and don’t have it can be frustrating (bag rack full, uneven ground where setting bag down, walk-only course/conditions, etc)

Purchased both a players III stand and XV cart to experiment with all my clubs and accessories and such in each. Keep one return the other.

immediately I was struck that the Vessel club setup based on bag engineering for the Players III from front to back was putter, woods, long irons, down to wedges at the back (by the legs). For cart usage, that seems very counter intuitive and quite obtrusive. 

I MUST be missing something here- what is it?! Surely they don’t make a stand back EXCLUSIVELY for walking and not riding, functionally speaking…?!

11 minutes ago, yodatodd said:

Okay, help me here.

have used cart bag forever and ride 95% of rounds (average 100 or so a year). But those 15% I want a stand and don’t have it can be frustrating (bag rack full, uneven ground where setting bag down, walk-only course/conditions, etc)

Purchased both a players III stand and XV cart to experiment with all my clubs and accessories and such in each. Keep one return the other.

immediately I was struck that the Vessel club setup based on bag engineering for the Players III from front to back was putter, woods, long irons, down to wedges at the back (by the legs). For cart usage, that seems very counter intuitive and quite obtrusive. 

I MUST be missing something here- what is it?! Surely they don’t make a stand back EXCLUSIVELY for walking and not riding, functionally speaking…?!

For a stand bag that is even remotely meant to be carried (as opposed to say C130 stand) it is just physics. You don’t want all your irons banging against your graphite shafts near the legs when carrying. For carry bags wedges go near the legs and woods go near the top. If you ride and it gets to you, rearrange your bag. I ride with the carry setup and it doesn’t bother me. 

Edited by Cousin
Typo

8 hours ago, Cousin said:

For a stand bag that is even remotely meant to be carried (as opposed to say C130 stand) it is just physics. You don’t want all your irons banging against your graphite shafts near the legs when carrying. For carry bags wedges go near the legs and woods go near the top. If you ride and it gets to you, rearrange your bag. I ride with the carry setup and it doesn’t bother me. 

I appreciate the reply. I do understand the not wanting irons to be hitting graphite shots argument, and it's a fair one. although I would contend that a carry bag could easily be designed to have woods in the back and achieve the same outcome. 

I just put my mallet putter with head cover + driver/3w/3h at the strap side, then long irons, lastly wedges at the legs-- as you, vessel, and seemingly most everyone else intends it to be. when stood up (as if on a cart) that is quite a bit of leather headcovering to get through to grab an iron/wedge. especially the long irons that sit directly behind all that in the middle. 

I realize what I am asking/struggling with here is petty in the big scheme of things. but this is a $400 bag purchase and I would like to get it right and think through all the angles before making a final decision and living with it for years (I, for one, cannot be making this kind of investment often!).

and you are quite right that I could rearrange for when riding...but as I stated in my original post I ride 95%+ of the time and was just hoping a larger higher quality stand bag could solve for that 5% when I would like or need a stand bag...but obviously not at my experience the 95% of time 🙂 so was hoping this community could either help me problem solve or provide a rationale that swayed me one way or the other. 

cheers

1 hour ago, yodatodd said:

I appreciate the reply. I do understand the not wanting irons to be hitting graphite shots argument, and it's a fair one. although I would contend that a carry bag could easily be designed to have woods in the back and achieve the same outcome. 

I just put my mallet putter with head cover + driver/3w/3h at the strap side, then long irons, lastly wedges at the legs-- as you, vessel, and seemingly most everyone else intends it to be. when stood up (as if on a cart) that is quite a bit of leather headcovering to get through to grab an iron/wedge. especially the long irons that sit directly behind all that in the middle. 

I realize what I am asking/struggling with here is petty in the big scheme of things. but this is a $400 bag purchase and I would like to get it right and think through all the angles before making a final decision and living with it for years (I, for one, cannot be making this kind of investment often!).

and you are quite right that I could rearrange for when riding...but as I stated in my original post I ride 95%+ of the time and was just hoping a larger higher quality stand bag could solve for that 5% when I would like or need a stand bag...but obviously not at my experience the 95% of time 🙂 so was hoping this community could either help me problem solve or provide a rationale that swayed me one way or the other. 

cheers

Maybe looking for something like this?  I have seen some others online that essentially lock the iron heads in place to prevent chatter.  This particular bag looks like a beast though, so prob not for carrying.

https://www.amazon.com/Founders-Club-Premium-Organizer-Divider/dp/B08HNC9CRQ/ref=asc_df_B08HNC9CRQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459561101720&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4242850171378364870&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031909&hvtargid=pla-968953379948&th=1

27 minutes ago, Cousin said:

Maybe looking for something like this?  I have seen some others online that essentially lock the iron heads in place to prevent chatter.  This particular bag looks like a beast though, so prob not for carrying.

https://www.amazon.com/Founders-Club-Premium-Organizer-Divider/dp/B08HNC9CRQ/ref=asc_df_B08HNC9CRQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459561101720&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4242850171378364870&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9031909&hvtargid=pla-968953379948&th=1

whoa, that IS a beast. for sure not my cup of tea for carrying...would just stick with a regular cart bag in that case. 

well, regardless I guess since I was hoping to solve for a 5% of my golf life problem, and I am apparently the only one who thinks club arrangement in the manner I want my cart bag to be isn't a good idea for a stand bag too...I am stuck with a cart bag. just use a pull cart or slug a cart bag around. bummer

13 hours ago, yodatodd said:

Okay, help me here.

I've always used a carry bag or stand bag, even now where I ride almost every round.  I've never had my clubs setup any other way than what you described. I've never found it to be a bother, I would honestly think you'd probably not even think twice about it after a few rounds.  

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

On 3/1/2022 at 11:17 PM, Pnwpingi210 said:

Any other reviews on the players iii 6 way top?  I ordered and returned players iii 14 way bag due to clubs grabbing while the stand was deployed.  My c130s and the Nike hybrid i tried do not have that problem

Just got 6 way too. Partly because I experiment with a minimal set up and 14 slots for 7/8 clubs makes no sense for me. Driver/3 wood top right by umbrella, 5wood/ 4 hybrid top left. 5 6 7 mid left. 8 9 pw mid right. gw sw lower left. Putter lower right.

no tangle or issues with the stand down or retracted. Oversize putter grip, standard swing grips. My personal opinion is the top is not too large but not too small. Plenty of pockets. Looks sharp. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, Pnwpingi210 said:

i had the 14 way version and the clubs snagged when removing or putting them back with the stand deployed.

I was going to try the 6 way, but sounds like they still snag.  What grips do you play if you don’t mind me asking?  

I play Golf Pride Tour Velvet Ribbed grips...  Not Oversized.  

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I grabbed one of these about 6 months ago and returned right away... it was a 6-way top, but the reason the clubs snag is because when deployed, the bottom of the bag scrunches as the stand mechanism is internal. So when standing vertical the clubs sit on a normal bottom, but when it tilts and stand activates, the bottom scrunches and the space at bottom shrinks, grabbing clubs. 

Went back to my Jones Trouper

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, capking said:

This snagging issue seems unfortunate, was gonna pick one of these up but if they snag on normal grips. I doubt the Bryson size jumbomax grips I use stand a chance, anyone game this bag and play oversized grips?

I play midsized grips and the 14 way had terrible snag on a lot of the dividers. The padding wasn't flush enough to the dividers and there was no improving it. It wasn't cut properly for the already tight fit. Plenty of other 14 way bags are more well designed and executed from a quality control standpoint in this regard. Had I bought the 6 way, it's possible I'd have kept the bag. It's hard to know. But I wasn't so impressed that I minded returning it.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, capking said:

This snagging issue seems unfortunate, was gonna pick one of these up but if they snag on normal grips. I doubt the Bryson size jumbomax grips I use stand a chance, anyone game this bag and play oversized grips?

If you use those jumbo max grips it’s probably best to go with a bag that has an external stand mechanism like sun mountain. And I would still stay away from a 14 way top too. 

On 3/18/2022 at 9:44 PM, Cousin said:

Does it need a sleeve with the dxr material?  I thought that was kind of the point…stronger material. 

I still use the sleeve when in a riding cart.  The DXR material is far more durable than the vinyl.  However, the "spine" of the bag is still the vinyl material and one of the highest wear points of a cart strap, so IMO some protection would still be warranted. 

I do not  use the cart strap when using my Clicgear 4. 

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

• 2 weeks later...

Put this in another Vessel thread as well and thought I would drop it here.

FYI Service Announcement. If you have a PGA TOUR Superstore in your area, they have the full line of Vessel bags now in stock. I was in the Roswell GA location over the weekend and they have just about every cart and stand bag in stock in every color way as well. I was amazed. My local Edwin Watts has quite a few in stock as well.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:00 PM, capking said:

Yeah I’ll stick with the bag I have, I was only going to get a vessel because they look really good.

find a players 2.0. I have a 2.0 14 way and it’s awesome. I used midsize plus 4 grips and never once had an issue. Bought a 3.0 and the clubs would get stuck or not go in very easy and I returned it. I have a SM 2.5+ 14 way for when I walk and I just toss my clubs in the Vessel when I ride. Love the 2.0, hate the 3.0.