Vessel PLAYER III STAND (3.0)

• userwasx changed the title to Vessel PLAYER III STAND (3.0)

I just got the white one a few weeks ago. Replaced a Hoofer that I had since 2006. It's a really nice looking bag and the pockets are well thought out. It definitely has a premium construction and feel that would leave you to believe it'll last 10 years easy. Haven't had an opportunity to walk with it yet but I'm not much of a walker anyway. The straps seemed designed well though to lessen the weight burden and not make it feel as heavy as it is. Honestly, the only drawback is the price. 

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

I’ve wanted to try one of these for a while, especially because of the dual water bottle sleeves that would be really nice in the summer.  Bought the black one and should have it Friday.  Now I’ll use this one primarily with my e-wheels V2, and my Linksmaster when I carry.  Looking forward to this one.  

Not like its a huge deal, but if you sign up to be annoyed with marketing emails, they’ll give you a 10% off code.  I have no idea if there are any better deals on them now.

I just received an all white one. Will be a month or so before I use it. 

Initial impressions are its a very well thought out bag thats high quality. I likely will use it on my E-Wheels V2 like Gator but did notice when I loaded it up that it was well balanced and felt lighter that I thought it would be. I do have a Hoofer lite and would say the appear to be similar once loaded up.

What would the Player 3 compare to size wise to Sun Mountain bag models? Would it be similar to the 3.5 or 4.5, or another SM model?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

I have been very much interested in this bag for a while. However one concern that I’ve noticed in the older and new models is they seem a little short. There is a lot of club sticking out of the bag. Is it only me or does that bother anyone else. 

Other than availability it is the primary reason I haven’t ordered one yet.

Edited by memphishorn

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, memphishorn said:

I have been very much interested in this bag for a while. However one concern that I’ve noticed in the older and new models is they seem a little short. There is a lot of club sticking out of the bag. Is it only me or does that bother anyone else. 

Other than availability it is the primary reason I haven’t ordered one yet.

I had the players II bag and yes it was short but the only time I noticed it was when it was on my bag rack next to my hoofer.  So no it didn't really bother me overall.

Are these really that much shorter?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

Got my white Player III a few weeks ago, and boy o boy is this thing sweet.

IMG_20210305_101745.jpg

IMG_20210305_101155.jpg

• Like 3

Vessel Player III Stand (White)

TaylorMade SIM 9.0* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6x
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* Aldila XTorsion 70x
TaylorMade M4 19* Hybrid Fujikura Atmos S

Srixon Z u85 23* Graphite Design Tour AD-U 95s

Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Project X LZ 5.5 

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore Tour Rack 52-10 | 56-10 | 60-10 Nippon Modus3 Wedge 115
Bettinardi Studio Stock 7 34" 
Titleist Pro V1x

On 3/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, meliaant said:

Got my white Player III a few weeks ago, and boy o boy is this thing sweet.

I got the white one a few weeks ago and have walked about 5 rounds with it.  General comments below:

• Previous bag was a Vessel 2.0 that I got for free.  Prior to that I had a "standard" Titleist bag
  • The bag is beautiful to look at.  Something different than most other bags. 
  • The 6 way top is WAY IMPROVED over the Player 2.0.  Much bigger.  I use GP MCC midsize grips and they sometimes would stick in the 2.0.   No issues so far with 3.0
  • the straps system is the same from 2.0, and I love it.  Very easy to get your left arm in the strap.  Easier than my old Titleist.  Very comfortable
  • The magnetic range finder pocket is a little deeper, and easy to access.  you can throw a few other items in there if you want.
  • The 2 magnetic water bottle holders are kind of dumb.  They really only hold a basic disposable bottle.  I generally carry a sport water bottle or mid size Hydroflask, and it fits in the side pocket well.

Overall I love the bag.  Looks great and the strap system is easy and comfortable.  I know it is a little heavier than some but at the end of the day is 26 lbs really that more than 25 after walking 7 miles?  I can't tell the difference.

Edited by david.c.w
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IPA4Me said:

Just switched from the SM4.5 14 way.  Had to rethink putter placement since the slots lay out in a slightly different way.  But overall, I am really like the Vessel.  Love the clean look - let's headcovers really shine.

from back to front (back being where the legs are)

Driver                                      Hybrid

3 Wood                                   4 iron

5 iron

8 iron                                       6 iron

9 iron                                       7 iron

PW                                           56 degree

52 degree                               60 degree

putter

Edited by david.c.w

On 3/19/2021 at 9:00 AM, islesmb said:

I had the players II bag and yes it was short but the only time I noticed it was when it was on my bag rack next to my hoofer.  So no it didn't really bother me overall.

I personally always thought the new Hoofers were really tall for some reason (compared to my SM collection) and for some reason that bugged me terribly.

• Like 1
TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I have this in black, walked 18 holes for the first time over the weekend and even though the bag itself isn't light, it wasn't "heavy" at all with all my stuff and I wasn't as exhausted as I thought I'd be after the hilly round. The weight-balancing thing on the strap is brilliant. And all the storage is really well thought-out, with more than I need.

On 3/23/2021 at 10:06 AM, IPA4Me said:

Just switched from the SM4.5 14 way.  Had to rethink putter placement since the slots lay out in a slightly different way.  But overall, I am really like the Vessel.  Love the clean look - let's headcovers really shine.

How does it compare carrying?  My SM is not holding up too well. 

On 3/23/2021 at 10:05 AM, david.c.w said:

I got the white one a few weeks ago and have walked about 5 rounds with it.  General comments below:

• Previous bag was a Vessel 2.0 that I got for free.  Prior to that I had a "standard" Titleist bag
  • The bag is beautiful to look at.  Something different than most other bags. 
  • The 6 way top is WAY IMPROVED over the Player 2.0.  Much bigger.  I use GP MCC midsize grips and they sometimes would stick in the 2.0.   No issues so far with 3.0
  • the straps system is the same from 2.0, and I love it.  Very easy to get your left arm in the strap.  Easier than my old Titleist.  Very comfortable
  • The magnetic range finder pocket is a little deeper, and easy to access.  you can throw a few other items in there if you want.
  • The 2 magnetic water bottle holders are kind of dumb.  They really only hold a basic disposable bottle.  I generally carry a sport water bottle or mid size Hydroflask, and it fits in the side pocket well.

Overall I love the bag.  Looks great and the strap system is easy and comfortable.  I know it is a little heavier than some but at the end of the day is 26 lbs really that more than 25 after walking 7 miles?  I can't tell the difference.

I agree with you on the water bottle slots. Those and the fact that the ball pocket is so large are my only gripes. Honestly, majority of bags have large balls pockets which I dont get. I easily could fit two dozen balls + but who would do that? I feel like you could easily reduce the size and then expand space to hold a larger water bottle and have a pocket exclusively for tees instead of having those in the small side pocket. 

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Black 6x
Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 818H1 21* Graphite Design AD-DI 105x

Titleist T100S 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 48-10 F Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 54-12 D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Titleist Vokey SM9 60-08 M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

TaylorMade Spider GT
WITB Link

I got in on the initial order for this bag and got a white 14-way back in December.  Now, being in MN I have only used it going to indoor simulators.  I was coming off a Sun Mountain 4.5 14-Way as well.  Here's my notes:

• It's a totally different class of bag. I've got quite a few compliments on it already.
  • The material should wipe well and easily.
  • Storage is plentiful.
  • Zippers are great, very robust.
  • I'll take my straps off so they aren't in the way of my push cart, but they are great straps that provide excellent balance to the bag and are easy to get on and off as noted above.
  • Also as referenced above, the magnetic water bottle spots are almost worthless. 
  • The bottom of the bag is flat, which coming off the Sun Mountain is great. The bottom of the SM bags have that piece that sticks out, which was a pain when getting it to sit flat on my clicgear 3.5. I had to buy the bag cozy thing which only marginally improved the bag stability. The Vessel should sit flat and flush.

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

On 3/25/2021 at 4:28 PM, groach said:

I got in on the initial order for this bag and got a white 14-way back in December.  Now, being in MN I have only used it going to indoor simulators.  I was coming off a Sun Mountain 4.5 14-Way as well.  Here's my notes:

• It's a totally different class of bag. I've got quite a few compliments on it already.
  • Storage is plentiful.
  • I'll take my straps off so they aren't in the way of my push cart, but they are great straps that provide excellent balance to the bag and are easy to get on and off as noted above.
  • Also as referenced above, the magnetic water bottle spots are almost worthless. 
  • The bottom of the bag is flat, which coming off the Sun Mountain is great. The bottom of the SM bags have that piece that sticks out, which was a pain when getting it to sit flat on my clicgear 3.5. I had to buy the bag cozy thing which only marginally improved the bag stability. The Vessel should sit flat and flush.

When did they make a 14 way bag? Not being 14 way is what has held me back from this bag. 

On 3/25/2021 at 4:28 PM, groach said:

• Storage is plentiful.

Thanks for sharing! 

Any substantial Club tangle compared to the Sun Mountan 4.5 ls 14? 

I’m not worried about weight because for me it would be a range to cart or push cart due to back issues. 

I use MCC +4’s and have a thick putter grip.  I was considering the Ogio Woode and the Sun mountain 4.5 14 until I read some reviews on the Vessel Player III. 

@Chilidog - They have always had a 14 way option.

@Drivingrangehero - No club tangle for me. I use standard Lamkin Crossline grips.

I too today off to play golf at my home course. We'll see how it goes for the first official round outside, with the push cart, etc.

• Like 1

DR: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 7S
5W: Mavrik SZ - Tour AD XC 8S
3H: Titleist 816 H2 - Speeder 8.8X
Irons (4-P): Mizuno MP-20 MMC - KBS $ X
Wedges (50,54,58): Mizuno T20 Raw - KBS $ X
Putter: Seemore Nashville
Ball: 2021 Pro V1

36 minutes ago, groach said:

@Chilidog - They have always had a 14 way option.

@Drivingrangehero - No club tangle for me. I use standard Lamkin Crossline grips.

I too today off to play golf at my home course. We'll see how it goes for the first official round outside, with the push cart, etc.

Dangit...I didn’t read the description. Just looked at the picture and decided against it. 

image.png.92bdd590bd843ee1b55bc497124d649a.png

On 3/10/2021 at 5:00 PM, userwasx said:

Bag came today.  It is really nice. My fully loaded ping hoofer lite was 24 to 25 pounds, this one fully loaded is 26 to 27 pounds. Strap systems seem similar.  Ping has more cushion with the built in rain cover.  The quality of the vessel is really nice and premium.  WIll report back after a round or tow.

IMG_0827.jpeg

63711259255__C8D83B34-E2ED-46F1-B879-7A3AF5AA2F60.jpeg

63711020795__EB94A197-087C-4288-980D-F978F0E9FD06.jpeg

1 hour ago, JDub05164 said:

sublimegolf - i have the Ping Hoofer Lite and the club snag drives me crazy at times. Did you have the same issue with your Hoofer and is it much better with the new Vessel bag?

Yes, it was pretty bad. I had the 14 way and it was very annoying. Doesn't help that I use midsize grips either. That's the main reason I sold the bag. I'm not sure the dividers go all the way down the bag...