2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

"Lag" my first step for powerful swing progression

chipa

21 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

So you used google maps to estimate a drive you hit 17 years ago, guessed where it landed on the map based on what club you had left into the green, to estimate your swing speed then, and used that estimate to justify your current estimated swing speed (with a long lay off between then and now). And then shared a "bad swing" video to further support your claims of swinging 110+, but it was with a swing with bad form, so you were down 10mph.

Totally sounds legit man.

The golf club probably placed a commemorative plaque where his drive ended on that hole, so he knew exactly where to measure from 17 years later. Of course, chipa probably has commemorative plaques on each hole for every course he's ever played! 1-golf3

PS - chipa - I still want to see some videos of your heavy weight lifting, including power cleans and forward lunges. How 'bout it? Will you treat us with that gift? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Nail_It

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

8 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Quite a gap between 101 and 115...even bigger gap between 101 and 125+ 17 years ago

I skimmed this thread so I don't know what 17 years ago refers to. In his OP, he said 110. I saw posts saying he's in the 90s. I'm just saying that I've seen swings 105-110 that fit what I was describing. I don't know what he swings but don't think it's in the 90s. 

Edited by acekun
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, acekun said:

I skimmed this thread so I don't know what 17 years ago refers to. In his OP, he said 110. I saw posts saying he's in the 90s. I'm just saying that I've seen swings 105-110 that fit what I was describing. I don't know what he swings but don't think it's in the 90s. 

In the 1st image below chipa's clubshaft is practically already aligned with his lead forearm, which has all but eliminated the natural speed that comes from a double pendulum flail effect in sound golf swings. From such a condition - for him to have even average clubhead speed - body rotation would have to makeup for the lack of speed that a double pendulum flail effect provides in sound golf swings, which is an impossibility. Further, you can tell by comparing the 1st image with the 2nd image that his upper torso and his arms are not connected or solidly structured where his minimal rotation has provided any help.

For the most part it looks like chipa uses a very unorthodox means to swing move his golf club, using primarily the strength of his right forearm and the tendons that go into his right hand's fingers to create what clubhead speed he has. I don't see much in chipa's golf swing that resembles even a typical mid-handicap golf swing. But, for chipa's benefit - they probably said something similar about Jim Furyk's golf swing - however Furyk's swing looks good through the impact zone. 

That mid-downswing 'split grip' move is quite amazing! I've seen a lot, but that's something I've never quite seen before to that extent. Clearly the intent is to hit with the right side.          

Untitled-1a    Untitled-1b

• Like 1

There are two things you can learn by stopping your backswing at the top and checking the position of your hands: how many hands you have, and which one is wearing the glove.

3 minutes ago, Nail_It said:

In the 1st image below chipa's clubshaft is practically already aligned with his lead forearm, which has all but eliminated the natural speed that comes from a double pendulum flail effect in sound golf swings. From such a condition - for him to have even average clubhead speed - body rotation would have to makeup for the lack of speed that a double pendulum flail effect provides in sound golf swings, which is an impossibility. Further, you can tell by comparing the 1st image with the 2nd image that his upper torso and his arms are not connected or solidly structured where his minimal rotation has provided any help.

For the most part it looks like chipa uses a very unorthodox means to swing move his golf club, using primarily the strength of his right forearm and the tendons that go into his right hand's fingers to create what clubhead speed he has. I don't see much in chipa's golf swing that resembles even a typical mid-handicap golf swing. But, for chipa's benefit - they probably said something similar about Jim Furyk's golf swing - however Furyk's swing looks good through the impact zone. 

That mid-downswing 'split grip' move is quite amazing! I've seen a lot, but that's something I've never quite seen before to that extent. Clearly the intent is to hit with the right side.          

Used to play in the NHL maybe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nail_It said:

The golf club probably placed a commemorative plaque where his drive ended on that hole, so he knew exactly where to measure from 17 years later. Of course, chipa probably has commemorative plaques on each hole for every course he's ever played! 1-golf3

PS - chipa - I still want to see some videos of your heavy weight lifting, including power cleans and forward lunges. How 'bout it? Will you treat us with that gift? :classic_biggrin:

Heavy is all relative of course, but I'm 55 and I do power cleans with 15 front squats to parallel with 165# and I weigh 155#. I do front lunges with 145# and get the bar up to my chest with a power clean as I have no rack. I do Arnold curls with 37# and other shoulder and arm exercises, to include pullups(18) and dips. While I regularly benched 100#'s more than my bw I've dropped that down to 165# for reps to help with my shoulder flexibility. I do the bench press from the bottom position as I have no real bench so it is more difficult. I work out at home since covid.

I also do intermittent fasting, take 25 grams of whey protein and 50mg of garden variety DHEA (Walmart) and 5 grams of creatine. I also thank God for allowing me to work out and avoid sin.

"Shirtsleeve" swing technique:

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

1 hour ago, toc said:

I find your profile picture incredibly ironic.

It is human nature to aspire to something that we don't have. Take that away and then what do we do?

1. Setup: Elbows bent forearms pressed together against shaft slightly forward of center with "Hogan" "active/flexed" leg tension left foot turned out slightly and the right leg slightly farther to the right - weight mostly on balls of feet butt of left hands sits on the top of the grip with very light grip.

2. Swing - W/o disturbing weight distribution of legs and feet lower hands while doing a forward press "swing trigger" then the left upper arm takes over on the backswing, it needs to go out in front of the body then back in front of the chest as the hands trace down initially then up to over the right shoulder "Torres". The goal is to not disturb the pressure of the feet during the initial takeaway.

Notes:

1. Only swing thought after swing trigger - extend left arm at shirt sleeve when reaching left hand over right shoulder "Shirtsleeve technique".

2. The upper left arm move "Shirtsleeve technique" can be practiced independently without a club, sitting down for instance

3. The correct feet tension can be felt by doing very short hops on the balls of the feet then holding the same feeling of pressure on the front of the feet and then taking three practice swings with the grip very loose in order to not disturb the same pressure on the feet and on the 3rd swing actively do the "Shirtsleeve" move. From there the swing should be done within a matter of seconds to not lose the feel of the legs resisting, this way this is not a learned technique as much as it is a setup technique.

4 minutes ago, chipa said:

Heavy is all relative of course, but I'm 55 and I do power cleans with 15 front squats to parallel with 165# and I weigh 155#. I do front lunges with 145# and get the bar up to my chest with a power clean as I have no rack. I do Arnold curls with 37# and other shoulder and arm exercises, to include pullups(18) and dips. While I regularly benched 100#'s more than my bw I've dropped that down to 165# for reps to help with my shoulder flexibility. I do the bench press from the bottom position as I have no real bench so it is more difficult. I work out at home since covid.

I also do intermittent fasting, take 25 grams of whey protein and 50mg of garden variety DHEA (Walmart) and 5 grams of creatine. I also thank God for allowing me to work out and avoid sin.

Really? Video or it didn't happen - The Most Interesting Man In The World |  Meme Generator

9 minutes ago, Nail_It said:

Really? Video or it didn't happen - The Most Interesting Man In The World |  Meme Generator

Here you go Arnold curls with 37.5 or 40# I don't have any of power cleans yet I do those on Monday.

• Like 4

Notes:

4 minutes ago, chipa said:

Here you go Arnold curls with 37.5 or 40# I don't have any of power cleans yet I do those on Monday.

Very good! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toc said:

jesus, why are you guys making this poor dude post videos of himself lifting weights?  More importantly, why did I watch it?

Having fun with chipa in any way we can!!! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Golfbeat said:

Those who mess with Chipa will be sorry! He has the physique of Chuck Norris.

Haha I'm a nice guy, or try to be anyway!

• Like 2

Notes:

1 hour ago, Nail_It said:

I hope someone told his clubhead all of that so it knows it can't go more than 100 mph

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RTP419 said:

Wow, I am impressed. Good for him for coming on here and 1. Posting a Swing Video and 2. Posting a video of him working out.  There are a lot internet tough guys that can't back up most things they say and hide when criticism arises. This guy hasn't back down and has tried to back up all his claims.  Admittedly I was skeptical at first but I am thinking with this guys sheer strength and flexibility, he can probably muscle it up there close to 110. Although I think there are some basic fundamentals that need working on.

I hope to be alive and walking when I am 55, let alone have this guys physique.

No doubt.  Got to give @chipa some respect for posting the videos and sticking with all this.  I'm younger, so if I'm in that shape at 55, I'm going to be happy.  

• Like 1

I take it back, seems legit to me.

• Like 1

Ping 410 LST *9 (+1), HZRDUS Smoke Black 60R

Ping G *14.5 (+1), Aldila Rogue Black 95 MSI 70S

Callaway Apex Hybrid '16 *20, Matrix Red Tie HQ3 S

Callaway Apex Hybrid '16 *23, Matrix Red Tie HQ3 S

Adams XTD Forged 5-GW, Recoil 780 es F4

Vokey SM7 *56.14 F, UST Recoil 110 F4 #8

Vokey SM7 *60.12 D, UST Recoil 110 F4 #8

Ping Anser 2 Karsten TR, KBS CT Tour Black PVD

3 hours ago, TheDeanAbides said:

You're in great shape, man. I wish we could fix your swing because you're leaving loads on the table. 

My golf swing is a work in progress and I'm having fun along the way. I am trying various technique to keep my hands together without throttling my right hand such as starting in the forward press position with the back of my right hand cupped slightly. I'll upload another video at some point haha. BTW, here's a picture of my new swing to copy.

New Picture.jpg

Notes:

5 minutes ago, Nail_It said:

I found proof!

EastWood Golf Club has closed now but the commemorative plaque for chipa's 311 yard (all carry) drive on the 431 yard 17th hole was still there.  

Chipa   golfing-banana

Golf Course «Eastwood Golf Club», reviews and photos, 13950 Golfway Blvd, Orlando, FL 32828, USA

Untitled-1a

Priceless!

• Like 1

Notes:

2 minutes ago, Bocaji said:

This just keeps getting better and better

Doesn't it though!

I can't wait to learn what else chipa is into nowadays. I've heard rumor that he's quite a dancer and has 'moves' like no one else, which I can see that might be true. I would love to see a video of chipa dancing - making moves we've never seen a human ever do before.

But the most interesting thing I've heard about chipa is his singing ability. They say he can sing 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen, better than Freddie Mercury or Adam Lambert. 

• Haha 2

• chipa locked this topic