FedEx delayed shipping process

hrjensen17

Hey everyone quick question. I recently ordered a new driver through 2ndswing. Long story short, the order was placed last Wednesday the 31st and was supposed to be delivered yesterday 4/4 through FedEx. Well ever since the package arrived at the FedEx location in Rogers, MN back on the 1st it hasn’t moved. No scans or updates since last Thursday and now the tracking status has changed to pending. Anyone ever been in this situation before? Just wondering if situations like this typically end in the package being lost. What is typically the next plan of action and how long should I wait until I reach out to 2ndswing for a refund? Thanks in advance!

3 minutes ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Welcome to 2020/21, where delays are pretty much the new norm. Be patient, it will show up eventually. Be thankful it isn't in the hands of USPS. 

Agree.  FedEx is the best right now.  USPS is averaging 2-4 weeks for packages.  HORRENDOUS

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

1 hour ago, hrjensen17 said:

Wow I’m surprised to hear FedEx has been the most reliable as of late. I just sent 2 items that sold on the BST through USPS last Thursday and 1 arrived Sat the other today. I guess I’ve just had good luck with USPS (knock on wood). 

Same here. USPS the best and fedex the worst now in Illinois. Just shipped something to California in 3 days

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hrjensen17 said:

Wow I’m surprised to hear FedEx has been the most reliable as of late. I just sent 2 items that sold on the BST through USPS last Thursday and 1 arrived Sat the other today. I guess I’ve just had good luck with USPS (knock on wood). 

Agreed, I am in MN and had a package from Under Armour get lost in the fedex Rogers, MN " black hole". Ended up having to have underarmour send another package. USPS has been about a day or 2 late from OG delivery date and that is far better than I have seen from other shippers right now

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Flip4000 said:

Agreed, I am in MN and had a package from Under Armour get lost in the fedex Rogers, MN " black hole". Ended up having to have underarmour send another package. USPS has been about a day or 2 late from OG delivery date and that is far better than I have seen from other shippers right now

That’s where my Tsi3 is right now! Rogers, MN is killing me. I’m hoping for the best out of this but honestly expecting the worst at this point. 

3 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Welcome to 2020/21, where delays are pretty much the new norm. Be patient, it will show up eventually. Be thankful it isn't in the hands of USPS. 

Agreed.  I've had FedEx packages show up on time, or very close, with no updates on the tracking.  That said, they are reliable and the most consistent right now.  USPS has been tough to deal with.  Damaged packages, late arrivals, and adding postage due several times in the past couple of weeks.

5 hours ago, hrjensen17 said:

Hey everyone quick question. I recently ordered a new driver through 2ndswing. Long story short, the order was placed last Wednesday the 31st and was supposed to be delivered yesterday 4/4 through FedEx. Well ever since the package arrived at the FedEx location in Rogers, MN back on the 1st it hasn’t moved. No scans or updates since last Thursday and now the tracking status has changed to pending. Anyone ever been in this situation before? Just wondering if situations like this typically end in the package being lost. What is typically the next plan of action and how long should I wait until I reach out to 2ndswing for a refund? Thanks in advance!

definitely give it a few days and it will arrive.

everything is delayed these days

If you don’t have it in a week then start asking FedEx where it is. 

In the last 2 weeks I've sent about 10 packages,  1 was delayed.  All 10 were sent via FedEx as I won't use USPS anymore.  When I tracked the package I found out the delay was because USPS was used on the back end of the service and they didn't process it for 2 weeks.  They need to get the Postmaster gone like yesterday.  

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

10 hours ago, Silentbob6 said:

Same here. USPS the best and fedex the worst now in Illinois. Just shipped something to California in 3 days

USPS leaving IL is typically fine. I'll ship stuff on Saturday that gets places on Monday. Coming here is a different story, everything takes a little extra. If it's a bigger package like a club, or the shaft I bought from somebody 30 minutes away, it takes nearly 2 weeks.

Of all the stuff I've ordered over the past year this has been my experience:

1) FedEx - Only once was a package not delivered on time. By far the best of the "big 3".

2) UPS - A few packages have been delayed, but noting too crazy. Second to FedEx just because delivery times are usually longer.

3) Wow... just wow... Nothing is delivered on time, no tracking updates for weeks on end, severely damaged boxes, I could go on for hours about how bad USPS has been... Oh and I went to my local post office the other day to mail a return and the doors were locked and they put a handwritten note on the door that just said "Gone for lunch, be back soon."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VNutz said:

USPS leaving IL is typically fine. I'll ship stuff on Saturday that gets places on Monday. Coming here is a different story, everything takes a little extra. If it's a bigger package like a club, or the shaft I bought from somebody 30 minutes away, it takes nearly 2 weeks.

Yea I haven’t bought anything in awhile that was shipped usps. I guess what I sent usps to California wasn’t as a big as a golf club either. It was my old binder of Pokémon cards lol

• Like 1

USPS isn’t that bad. Just recently shipped a bag via fed ex and they put the wrong label on. They said they were sorry. This is the second time this has happened in the past year. The workers at FedEx and useless and don’t double check what they’re doing. No one even knows where my package is now. All shipping places right now are horrible. 

This thread and my personal experience confirms that there is still a lot of variability in what we are all getting.

Problem I have is the shippers are still quoting their standard times for shipments giving false hope for many. Wish they would under commit and over deliver. I take FedEx and add 1 day, and USPS 2 days.

Last week, I sent a BST item to N Carolina via USPS that actually arrived a day early! That was encouraging.

I'm currently going through the same thing with a recent purchase from GlobalGolf via FedEx. Order Date and pickup show 3/31. It left Durham NC on the 4/1 and went to Concord NC where it still sits today. Once it got to Concord the delivery date changed to pending. It's an odd one for me, I only use UPS and FEDEX for purchases and most shipments , because I've not ran into this with either. If it were USPS , I'd be a little nervous. 

Also purchased a set of irons with graphite shafts 🥴 on the BST that was shipped vis USPS on March 29th from Racine WI and it's traveled to Oak Creek WI in 8 days with no clue of delivery in site. This one I'm more concerned about knowing USPS's track record. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 2:21 PM, Buzzkill said:

FedEx left me hanging today on golf balls delivery.  Looks like they couldn’t figure it out yesterday in Memphis.

69A78908-DEF2-443C-BC63-DD78A9893EA0.png

Empty envelope delivered today, lol!  Contacted golf store and just asked for a refund since I noticed my pro shop just got these stocked today - saves me $10 because of shipping.

Handicap:  3

Fedex has been disappointing lately. Most of it has to do with their affiliation with USPS delivering stuff for them of the back end. Expecting irons today that I know will not make it due to no recent update. Heck, I can't even get their text updates to work half of the time. UPS has been the only reliable shipping company lately.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, Buzzkill said:

Empty envelope delivered today, lol!  Contacted golf store and just asked for a refund since I noticed my pro shop just got these stocked today - saves me $10 because of shipping.

A little late to this.. but who is shipping golf balls in envelopes? 

I did receive an golf bag from 2nd Swing shipped via FedEx Ground.. took all 20 hours from the time of order till it showed up at my door steps in NJ. 

SmartPost is the worst thing ever though. FedEx and USPS on their own haven't given me a lot of issues, but somehow when they get together, packages are regularly late beyond comprehension.  

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

On 8/5/2021 at 12:22 PM, jhuprich said:

I'm currently waiting for a set of irons to show up via Fedex. They have been in the same town in Illinois since Sunday and I'm in NC. Supposed to be delivered two days ago on Tuesday and no history updates since Tuesday morning. Arrgh.

So I called FedEx today because there are still no updates online. The guy was pretty unsympathetic (I’m sure he deals with a million people a day concerning missing packages) and he said the clubs are officially lost. He has no idea where they could be and  they were last gps tagged this past Saturday in Chicago. I’m in NC. He said they have a lot of problems with missing packages in their Chicago hub. He gave me an investigation ID and said if there is no update by Monday to contact the seller and have them submit that ID and a claim will be started. My question is how long do I wait to see if they show up? Do I follow his advice and have them generate a claim and get refunded. Obviously I want my money back but I also want my clubs. I’ve already waited 6 weeks to this point and don’t want to start the process over again with a whole new order and wait at least another 6 weeks. If I start a claim I’m afraid if they show up they will get sent back to the seller because I will have already been refunded. Thoughts or similar frustration you can all share? I know I’m just wining it’s just really frustrating.