PXG sucks

Supersized

It makes sense why PXG can fill orders in 7-14 DAYS and other OEMs are 7-14 WEEKS if they are using an old defective shaft in their only non upgrade option.

Their on hand supply of shafts overall is impressive though, as is their turnaround time compared to the rest of the industry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

GAMER SETUP:

Callaway AiSmoke TD 8* @ 7* | Tour AD HD 7s 

Callaway AiSmoke TD 3W | Denali Black 6.0 70g

TaylorMade SIM Ti 5W | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway Apex Black 4-P | Nippon Modus 120 S +1"

Titleist 48* @ 49* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 54* @ 55* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Titleist 58* @ 59* Vokey SM9 | Nippon Modus 120 S +1”

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | 36" - 71* - 3.5*

12 minutes ago, lakecowboy said:

It makes sense why PXG can fill orders in 7-14 DAYS and other OEMs are 7-14 WEEKS if they are using an old defective shaft in their only non upgrade option.

Their on hand supply of shafts overall is impressive though, as is their turnaround time compared to the rest of the industry.

Outstanding!!! Very mischievous indeed...

3998596-dr-evil.jpg

On 5/8/2021 at 2:57 PM, snagy2000 said:

Just be happy bro, its a better place to be in then where you're at now...

I'm happy like Pharell I just think PXG ads are enough reason not to buy their product. 😝 I really don't care one way or the other. Play what you like.

TaylorMade Mini Driver 11.5

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Sub 70 5 wood

Titleist U510 22*

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW

Mizuno S18 Wedges

Ping Kinloch C Putter

• 3 weeks later...

I got an 0211 full bag.  When a PXG fitter saw my them current 7 iron, he noticed that the shaft was too long for me.  So, he put a shorter shaft on the 0211 7 iron head, and said he would put me into a standard shaft length.  It turns out that this shaft length looks to be around the same size as my previous shaft!   It looks like the game improvement distance irons have a standard 7 iron shaft length of 37.5" while other versions of clubs have standard shaft lengths of 37".

On 7/26/2021 at 6:02 AM, snagy2000 said:

Since you're going to post in every PXG "hater" thread I'll go ahead and post the same response I put to your other post just like you posted the same thing here...I guess this website likes the clicks they get from these nonsensical PXG hate threads and refuse to close them for that reason... Absolutely stupid, IMO...99.9% of the stuff posted in these threads is just garbage...Anyway, here you go...Might you be at fault just a little?...

They clearly state on their website for Gen4 irons "weighting is not intended to be adjusted after purchase". They'll do it, but yes, for a fee. Just like when you get your oil changed, its a service provided and requires compensation.  You can try it yourself, but it voids PXG warranties and good luck finding new weights, they're not available to the public for a reason. The big weight is glued in and they want you to use their local fitters to get properly fit prior to purchasing their Gen4 irons to get it right and avoid situations like yours. I've never had issues telling their local and phone peeps what length and swing weight I want on any of their clubs. They've properly nailed it every time! 

Yeah well the totally f. Ed my Oder. Now they are ignoring me. I think they suck so far. 

On 4/9/2021 at 8:08 PM, MPAndreassi said:

I agree with the two posts above. All the OEMs measure differently, so the local shops may be measuring differently as well. All of my dealings with PXG have been top notch and that seems to be pretty common around here. You may have just got one of the sour employees. I’d try reaching out via phone as well. 

Sounds like rubbish that lengths aren’t standardized. They are. An inch is an inch and no gaslighting will change this. They messed up order on length and swing weight. 2 shops agree but pxg in their arrogant denial ways aren’t doing anything. 

Received my PXG Gen 4 0311ST xtreme dark finish irons Friday and all specs were correct!

My requested Swingweight was perfect throughtout the set. 4 - GW.

Clubs ordered on a Monday and shipped that wednesday.

Outstanding quality product...very satisfied.

• Like 4

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

30 minutes ago, DIGOLFA said:

Nonsense. Yes one can concoct anyway to measure but facts are facts and when 2 professional master club builders tell there’s only really one way to do it then…..,

true in any scientific approach to measuring  anything. It’s call a standard. I was machinist measuring down to .0001”. Building race engines. 
I know what I’m talking about. 
no trolls needed here. Go along and play outside w other trolls please

Smh...

It seems all this back and forth, but in multiple threads, PXG can’t stick to their own consistent standards. One set is built perfect, the next set is all over the place. Seems they would be better off selling heads and letting everyone else do their own “professional” work. 

Edited by cardia10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

It seems all this back and forth, but in multiple threads, PXG can’t stick to their own consistent standards. One set is built perfect, the next set is all over the place. Seems they would be better off selling heads and Letting everyone else do their own “professional” work. 

That's a very loose assumption to make. Nobody is perfect, I bought 2 Titleist wedges and a set of AP2 which were horrifically out of spec in the past. Should they do the same? It happens for all OEMs. I've bought a ton of PXG items and not single item was out of spec. I would guesstimate 99% of their customers are happy when they receive their equipment or never really check and don't really care, they just want to hit their new equipment. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

That's a very loose assumption to make. Nobody is perfect, I bought 2 Titleist wedges and a set of AP2 which were horrifically out of spec in the past. Should they do the same? It happens for all OEMs. I've bought a ton of PXG items and not single item was out of spec. I would guesstimate 99% of their customers are happy when they receive their equipment or never really check and don't really care, they just want to hit their new equipment. 

Oh, I totally agree. I wouldn’t trust but a handful of OEMs to build clubs to spec. They are mass producing and unless they are made on the tour van, I have little confidence in their build quality. I’ve had almost every OEM with something out of spec. Slightly more frustrating when it is PXG based on their self proclaimed perfection and $60 “premium” shipping, in a box, yes, a black box, with normal shipping like every other oem on the planet. 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, Bad9 said:

If you aren’t aware that there are a variety of ways that companies measure clubs and that they aren’t the same and don’t come with the same result then you don’t have enough actual knowledge to judge how anyone has met specs or not.

I’m speaking about the exact length of the club not that all club manufacturers have or use a standardized lengths for all clubs. I ordered a club to be a particular length and they got it wrong. I’m referring to using a standaized form of measurement like SAE or metic….

On 8/21/2021 at 11:05 AM, DIGOLFA said:

Sounds like rubbish that lengths aren’t standardized. They are. An inch is an inch and no gaslighting will change this. They messed up order on length and swing weight. 2 shops agree but pxg in their arrogant denial ways aren’t doing anything. 

Wanted to clarify. I wasn’t speaking to standardized lengths, lie, lofts etc. Those are all over the place. 

I was addressing that they got the exact lengths wrong. Someone stated there’s no one way to measure; a standard way to measure. That’s nonsense. An inch is an inch is a inch

Flex wrong too using frequency machine. 

C402D7CC-D72C-490A-9709-6DA34B5060E0.jpeg

Edited by DIGOLFA

Interesting thread and I believe the take away is that when someone has a negative experience and feels they have been wronged they will voice that experience to others and seek confirmation.  My only experience with PXG was when a buddy bought a set of the Gen1 Irons and 3 of the grips were on crooked but he still plays them so just someone not paying attention to detail. 

This may help with the measuring a club debate. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

31 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

It's actually not nonsense.  Different manufacturers do arrive at a "final length" in different ways.  One company's 38" 5 iron is not necessarily the same length as another company's 38" 5 iron.  Some measure up the back of the club, some measure before gripping, others measure after gripping, etc.  So, again, there is no "standard" here.  You're wrong in your assertions, period.

Sounds like a version of gaslighting. 
when is a inch not a inch?

right here!! Lol

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tzoid said:

Interesting thread and I believe the take away is that when someone has a negative experience and feels they have been wronged they will voice that experience to others and seek confirmation.  My only experience with PXG was when a buddy bought a set of the Gen1 Irons and 3 of the grips were on crooked but he still plays them so just someone not paying attention to detail. 

This may help with the measuring a club debate. 

Interesting. 
PXG fittter requests

a club made to a overall length that PXG has measured and tested for. 
The club comes in longer from PXG than the requested length provided by PXG. Not only that but bc it’s longer the swing weight is now off. 
The flex doesn’t feel the same either bc it’s longer and lighter. 

i grab it, faux address and realize it’s too long. It’s not the correct length as requested by pxg to pxg for a pxg customer yet I’m the one who’s misguided or just plain wrong???

Laughable if not absurd. 

Edited by DIGOLFA
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tzoid said:

Well just think....  You have 29 posts and many in this one thread...  46 more posts and you get to list these Turd PXG Irons in the WTS Classified section and some lucky guy will remove the grips and cut them to their desired length and they will be perfect.   Lucky PXG didn't ship them to you short of standard or that would screw them up for resale. 

Yeah but if you cut them down, they will be shorter and heavier

3 hours ago, Krt22 said:

Yeah but if you cut them down, they will be shorter and heavier

Lord .....  I would love to hear how "Long" over the desired length the OP wanted.  I hope you're joking with your comment 

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

On 4/9/2021 at 7:59 PM, Supersized said:

Has anyone else had issues with PXG build quality?

I ordered some 0211s recently and they’ve arrived 1/4” short of spec.

PXG are refusing to acknowledge an issue even through I’ve sent them pics and got the error / lengths validated by a couple of local shops. 

They are being really terrible when it comes to customer service and customer first. 

I bought a driver after being fit, with custom specs.  My driver came stock, not to my specs (flat lie and increased loft).  Was disappointing as now the grip isn't lined up (small thing) but I did call the rep and he walked me through getting it into my specs.

PXG Gen 6 driver

PXG Gen 4 3W
Ping g425 3H, 4H

PXG Xcor2 6-SW

Ping Glide 3.0 58*
Bettinardi BB8w

PXG does suck…period

no one build clubs the way we do…thank god BC they suck

never has so many said so much that meant so little…see above

Bank returned my money and PXG doesn’t want clubs returned….BC they suck and incompetent…last laugh

wow..made $1000 and built my own custom JPX 919…….that fit and feel great….Thank god I can use a ruler!!

If one of u “contributors” want them then fine but no complaining on fitting especially length b/c there’s no one way to accurately measure so live w it🥴🤔😮😳🤣

to all those who cannot figure out how or why to measure…good luck America b/c as u see…u going to need it….warped and weird….Lol

Edited by DIGOLFA
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3