Byron or Lajosi???

Per MattM97, if you really want a bespoke custom, go Lajosi.  For me between the 2, its Lajosi any day.

• Like 1

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:08 PM, LionGolfer said:

Per MattM97, if you really want a bespoke custom, go Lajosi.  For me between the 2, its Lajosi any day.

Couldn't agree more.  I'm partial to old school blade designs, I have a couple from both guys, both were easy to communicate with, but Kari was extra engaged and his milling is second to none IMHO.  But that's splitting hairs, both are true craftsman.  I even gave Kari specs to the millimeter and degree, and he nailed them all.  (middle one in pic)

IMG_20210425_004439.jpg

• Like 1

Kari Lajosi mills everything in house. I’ve been in his workshop whose main business is engineering work. He has fantastic machines that he uses for building complex pieces or putters, that’s why he can do whatever customised request that anyone may have. Kari even forge his own Damascus in house.

I have three great putters from him, a DD201WB and two L-blade flange (aka Bullseye flange) one in CS and the second in SS.

Contrary to most of you that prefer Byron because he is in the US, I’m in Australia, so for me it’s easier to deal with Kari.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, j.a. said:

Kari Lajosi mills everything in house. I’ve been in his workshop whose main business is engineering work. He has fantastic machines that he uses for building complex pieces or putters, that’s why he can do whatever customised request that anyone may have. Kari even forge his own Damascus in house.

I have three great putters from him, a DD201WB and two L-blade flange (aka Bullseye flange) one in CS and the second in SS.

Contrary to most of you that prefer Byron because he is in the US, I’m in Australia, so for me it’s easier to deal with Kari.

I'm in Canada so do I go with my neighbor to the south or cousin countrymen?

But in reality I'm really leaning on going with Kari just based on his work and the exchange rate is basically on part. I've also heard nothing but quality things from Kari and what I want done next Kari can do but Byron can't. I guess that's the good thing about where we are at, basically endless options for putter sources.

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 4/25/2021 at 9:24 PM, MattM97 said:

I'm in Canada so do I go with my neighbor to the south or cousin countrymen?

But in reality I'm really leaning on going with Kari just based on his work and the exchange rate is basically on part. I've also heard nothing but quality things from Kari and what I want done next Kari can do but Byron can't. I guess that's the good thing about where we are at, basically endless options for putter sources.

If you’re willing to be patient, Kari’s work is outstanding.  Got a custom DD201 WB a few years back as a wedding gift and it is still my favorite putter of all time.

mid I ever get a chance to do another custom from him, the LP421 is next in the list.

40 minutes ago, th6252 said:

If you’re willing to be patient, Kari’s work is outstanding.  Got a custom DD201 WB a few years back as a wedding gift and it is still my favorite putter of all time.

mid I ever get a chance to do another custom from him, the LP421 is next in the list.

I'll be contacting him soon about a custom Sensor. I'm not going to worry about the time cause I know it will be good, plus I have other stuff in the works to keep me occupied.

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

32 minutes ago, th6252 said:

To be fair to Kari, he initially quoted me 12 weeks, but I received my putter in 10.

That's nothing right now. Most guys are 8-12 if you're lucky, some longer and some shorter but that's rare. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 10:12 AM, Judge Smales said:

This may not be appropriate for this thread, but what is the lead time on Byron putters right now?

My experience with ordering Byron putters is that stock stainless heads with a polished or bead blast finish are produced and shipped within 2 to 3 weeks. Byron produces the above at his shop.

However, if the order is for a carbon head with finishes such as black oxide, oil can, copper plate etc...Byron sends those heads out to be finished and that process can take one month to several months or more. I believe he collects at least a few putter head orders for a specific finish before he sends them out together to be finished.

The above is the way Byron did things a couple of years ago, but I have not ordered any putters from him during 2020 or 2021, so I am not sure about his current procedures. For sure he knows how to design and produce sensational quality putters, no doubt about that.

Cleveland TL310 10.5* driver

Cleveland HB Launcher 15* 3-wood

Srixon H65  19* 3 hybrid and 22* 4 hybrid

Mizuno MP63 5 thru 9-iron

Cleveland RTX 48-52-56-64 wedges

Scotty Cameron Classic III putter

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DannyNoonin said:

Mine took 17 weeks. Stainless 620. Blue oil finish (in house). But hey, at least when I got the putter it was made incorrectly. 

Exact same experience. Just got my putter last week. I had to hound them for updates. Then I was finally emailed that it had shipped, but no tracking. Hounded then for that and got a screenshot of a FedEx receipt. Finally got the damn thing. Wrong weight, no stability shaft as requested (and for which I paid), and wrong grip. Biggest waste of $1,000+ ever. If I cared enough, I’d raise hell. But the putter is already on my bench. Total disaster. 

26 minutes ago, DannyNoonin said:

Mine took 17 weeks. Stainless 620. Blue oil finish (in house). But hey, at least when I got the putter it was made incorrectly. 

19 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

Exact same experience. Just got my putter last week. I had to hound them for updates. Then I was finally emailed that it had shipped, but no tracking. Hounded then for that and got a screenshot of a FedEx receipt. Finally got the damn thing. Wrong weight, no stability shaft as requested (and for which I paid), and wrong grip. Biggest waste of $1,000+ ever. If I cared enough, I’d raise hell. But the putter is already on my bench. Total disaster. 

Neither of those experiences sound good, I would be extremely upset. I was possibly thinking of the 620 when Byron got some in LH but I think I'm just going to skip that. Would buy a used Byron but they never show up for some reason. 

Hope you guys get that straightened out. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

28 minutes ago, DannyNoonin said:

22 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

This is making me nervous. Ordered mine back in February. A carbon 620 in oil can. Nothing really special about it except for the weight I requested. Haven’t received any communication from them unless I reached out first. 

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

21 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

Yep. Horrible communication with numerous excuses that made no sense. Was told it was needing to go off for finish, but I knew it was an in house finish as its my 4th one. Mine was supposed to be two tone, but was made all one color. The stamping was wrong. The lie angle was off 4* and the loft was off. Didn't bother checking the weight. Also got the wrong headcover. After all the headaches I'll never use the putter. Sweet paper weight though. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Neither of those experiences sound good, I would be extremely upset. I was possibly thinking of the 620 when Byron got some in LH but I think I'm just going to skip that. Would buy a used Byron but they never show up for some reason. 

I’ve got a very lightly used one…

• Haha 1

I just have to say I just realized it's a Caddyshack reunion in here with Danny and Judge Smalls. 

2 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

I’ve got a very lightly used one…

Probably not left handed I assume? 

• Haha 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

40 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

In terms of it getting straightened out. I will be careful in what I say here, but I reached out to tell them it was incorrect. I was basically told I was wrong and just be cool with how great it looks despite the order form being clear as day. No type of offer to fix it or make it right. Needless to say it's the last time I ever order anything from them. 

• Like 1

Just now, DannyNoonin said:

In terms of it getting straightened out. I will be careful in what I say here, but I reached out to tell them it was incorrect. I was basically told I was wrong and just be cool with how great it looks despite the order form being clear as day. No type of offer to fix it or make it right. Needless to say it's the last time I ever order anything from them. 

Wow what a crock of sh*t. I'd be going to my bank with my order form, with my putter and with all the emails and begin a charge back. Watch how much they laugh when they get hit with that. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 6/4/2021 at 11:10 PM, DannyNoonin said:

Did the Blue oil stay blue for long?  

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Was the communication when ordering done directly with Byron or with one of his sales people?  I have ordered several putters directly from Byron and every one was made exactly to the specification and stampings I wanted.  Also, the time frame was always less than 8-10 weeks and that was due to copper plating.  Byron has always been upfront with me regarding the plating process and that he will send off a lot of putters to be plated and that would add to the delay.  I have always accepted delays due to copper plating.

It is very unfortunate about the bad experiences others have had.  My experience, and many others as well, has been nothing but exceptional time and time again.  Good luck to those trying to work out their issues.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

4 minutes ago, RobotDoctor said:

Was the communication when ordering done directly with Byron or with one of his sales people?  I have ordered several putters directly from Byron and every one was made exactly to the specification and stampings I wanted.  Also, the time frame was always less than 8-10 weeks and that was due to copper plating.  Byron has always been upfront with me regarding the plating process and that he will send off a lot of putters to be plated and that would add to the delay.  I have always accepted delays due to copper plating.

It is very unfortunate about the bad experiences others have had.  My experience, and many others as well, has been nothing but exceptional time and time again.  Good luck to those trying to work out their issues.

Sales people. I won’t name names, but he was garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

Sales people. I won’t name names, but he was garbage. 

With respects to the sales people, I would recommend talking directly to Byron Morgan.  I have always done that and he's been great.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on