2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2021 KPMG Women's PGA Championship (Jun 24 - 27)

51 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

The temps themselves are not that bad . . . I grew up with them, but the big difference, is that where I grew up we had residential air conditioning . . . here in metro Vancouver, next to no one has residential air conditioning!   Definitely 7:30 a.m. tee times and cart driving weather

Ya...the humidity is low ...so not that bad....and have I played many times on vacation in worse conditions....I quit after 9 holes yesterday (I got an annual pass because of Covid)...but I'm a cheap a**...so if I paid a green fee I would not have quit and soldiered on to finish 18....I have never quit due to heat...but a few times because of rain, hail or snow....lol.

I was born in Toronto and lived in Ontario until 1992...so ya....many times you'd go outside at 11pm or midnight and still hit a wall of humidity.

Yup,,,,,few here have central AC....unless one has a $8M waterfront home...which I don't....lol.....I only have a portable AC in the master bedroom and the stupid thing is sweating and leaking a bit...but still working.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Today the course is set up for low scores.  Many early starters went -4 after the first five holes.

PGA of America Jokers....except for the DFL POSERS.....lots of low scores early on because of a pitch & putt set up with recent rain.

I don't want to see a -18 to -20 winning score in a major...WTH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KBong said:

It will get up to 43-44*C in the Fraser Valley on Monday....WTH.

I might cancel my tee time on Tues.

If you've been watching the US Olympic trials....it's 43-44*C in Eugene.

I just looked up where you are located. That must feel like us hitting 130 F-54C

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

2 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

I just looked up where you are located. That must feel like us hitting 130 F-54C

Our humidity is low in the PNW....so no not that hot.

BTW

We are also seeing record gas prices....the refinery in Washington is having issues...or they are lying....lol.

Gas is about $1.70/litre and rising....with exchange rate....about $4.90.gallon....WTH....it's a JOKE.

And my rd trip to play golf at the course is about 100 km.

12 minutes ago, KBong said:

How close will Nelly get to JYK RR ranking IF she wins?

JYK is out of form...IMO...she might finish at #5 by year end.

Nelly needs to outgain Jin Young by about 50.0 Rolex points to reach Rolex #1 ranking.

She'll earn 100.0 points if she wins, 60.0 solo second and 50.0 if T2 with one other player.

Jin Young has finished, she'll earn less than 2.5 points from this tournament.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, KBong said:

Ya...the humidity is low ...so not that bad....and have I played many times on vacation in worse conditions....I quit after 9 holes yesterday (I got an annual pass because of Covid)...but I'm a cheap a**...so if I paid a green fee I would not have quit and soldiered on to finish 18....I have never quit due to heat...but a few times because of rain, hail or snow....lol.

I was born in Toronto and lived in Ontario until 1992...so ya....many times you'd go outside at 11pm or midnight and still hit a wall of humidity.

Yup,,,,,few here have central AC....unless one has a $8M waterfront home...which I don't....lol.....I only have a portable AC in the master bedroom and the stupid thing is sweating and leaking a bit...but still working.

And probably loud as can be ... they remind me of those units in Super 8 or Motel 6!  

12 hours ago, Raving Shanker said:

My favourite player (apart from In Gee) is JL6, but she is having a hell of a time putting four rounds together. last week she was doing something in the transition of her swing ( whole lot of add in moves) that looked truly horrible, and she slid to DFL of the players who made the cut. It's not as bad this week, but she has fallen from - 5 to +4. Just to remind myself, i dug through some old videos I took of JL6 on the range at an Australian Open. Oh, the transition! It was to die for.

I like Lee6’s swing too... sadly, she isn’t even the “best-placed JeongEun Lee” at this tournament (finished T58, vs T42 for one of her namesakes!)

5EB2409B-B1AF-4BC2-BAE7-F5565E67A819.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KBong said:

Nice 67's from Shibuno and GIMMEE.

Lydia continues to GAG...nice triple on 15.

Lexi as usual...a no show.

Lexi's not a no show - she is on the coverage every few minutes (whilst not being in contention)...ha ha.

Quite a few shots of Lizette hitting drivers on the practice fairway WTF?

Terrible coverage - I'm off to watch the men, that will be more varied coverage and a host of players that can win.

Later, everyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

7 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Lizette's' slow play irritates me because it is a form of cheating, whether conscious or otherwise.

Could she just be a slow player that gets lost in herself and looses track of how long she takes to play? Quite possibly.

Does she know that she is a slow player but just doesn't care? Maybe?

Could she be playing deliberately slowly as gamesmanship to upset a fellow competitor?  I hope not.

It is at the least against Tour/tournament rules, which have already been enforced with Fassi.

The officials need to talk to her before the final round to pick up her pace. Preferably they should have done it on day 3 after the round, not just before her round 4. If she asks for evidence they have recording of play to reference. I timed her being over 1 minute on 2 shots yesterday. We also have the media feedback stated earlier in this thread.

Some may well state (wrongly) bias v minorities but it is simply about being fair to all players in the field.

The authorities need to do their job, sensibly and fairly for all and work to prevent a situation where a penalty is given towards the end of round 4 that decides who wins, that would be terrible. Address it with Lizette beforehand and give her the opportunity to correct her behaviour so it isn't an issue.

Nelly and everyone else shouldn't have to learn to deal with slow play that is outside the rules. If I was her I would channel her annoyance to power her to the win and if the officials haven't addressed Lizette's slow play, sometime after the round I would seek Lizette out, ask her what she has to say about it and if the answer isn't appropriate I would put her on notice that if we are play again together that she won't hesitate to call any slow play out.

But Nelly's only 22 yo and I bet she won't want to make a scene - all the more reason for the officials to have a nice, friendly chat with Lizette pre round.

Aside from fairness, there is one other issue - it is boring to watch and so damages the LPGA product to the consumer.

Off the top of my head, I recall their group waiting on the green to clear twice. Were they really ever out of position? Did they need to speed into a red light? 

Edited by AWinfortheAges
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AWinfortheAges said:

Off the top of my head, I recall their group waiting on the green to clear twice. Were they really ever out of position? Did they need to speed into a red light? 

Makes it even worse...they are waiting for the group in front and the first player (almost always Salas), isn't ready to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

45 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Lexi's not a no show - she is on the coverage every few minutes (whilst not being in contention)...ha ha.

Quite a few shots of Lizette hitting drivers on the practice fairway WTF?

Terrible coverage - I'm off to watch the men, that will be more varied coverage and a host of players that can win.

Later, everyone.

I don't have Peacock...so not able to watch The Wannabe Merican Princess Show.

I do like Lexi...very approachable and great to her fans...no one can deny this.

Ya...time to watch Bubba the Clown, DJ and Juice Boy Professor and MASH POTATOES....lol.

This is a strong field right after the USO.

Nice to see Hovland win today too.

57 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

And probably loud as can be ... they remind me of those units in Super 8 or Motel 6!  

LOL....I haven't SLUMMED in a Motel 6 since the 90's....if one searches well...many better valued price options nowadays.

I like the US hotels that have a nice complementary breakfast.

I also like the greasy spoon bars with the neon lights in the US....we are void of these in Canada. 

My portable AC is one that can be moved around on wheels...but stays in the master bedroom.

55 minutes ago, KBong said:

I don't have Peacock...so not able to watch The Wannabe Merican Princess Show.

I do like Lexi...very approachable and great to her fans...no one can deny this.

Ya...time to watch Bubba the Clown, DJ and Juice Boy Professor and MASH POTATOES....lol.

This is a strong field right after the USO.

Nice to see Hovland win today too.

I'm hoping you do switch over to the men's coverage, as your continued racist remarks and need to constantly use nicknames really puts a damper on interacting in this thread.    

• Like 1

Ping G425 MAX Flat Big + (Grand Bassara 29R)

Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 16* and 20* (Adams Ultralight 50 Ladies)

Honma Rose Proto 4-9  (Bassara 50HI)

ProtoC P2 46.5* (Bassara 50HI)

Ping Glide 4 52* and 58* (BAssara 50HI)

McGregor Bobby Grace VFoil M5K Putter

9 minutes ago, Cwebb said:

Odd that Patty doesn't have the guy on her bag, who she won the ANA with

I think it was Grant Waite.....I don't believe Grant's intention was ever to be on Patty's bag F/T....only there to help her as a friend/associate.

Patty has Jason H on her bag.

Talking about loops.

Lydia has her loop on a trial program and based on her recent poor form...I'm guessing Tina is prepping the pink slip on the flight home.🤣

Just now, KBong said:

I think it was Grant Waite.....I don't believe Grant's intention was ever to be on Patty's bag F/T....only there to help her as a friend/associate.

Patty has Jason H on her bag.

Talking about loops.

Lydia has her loop on a trial program and based on her recent poor form...I'm guessing Tina is prepping the pink slip on the flight home.🤣

It wasn't Grant.  He was on her bag for the Florida swing.  It was another "experienced" caddy at the ANA.  They talked about it probably being a permanent thing, but I guess not