Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Shawn Clement mentioned the Launch Pro on their podcast. Starting at 33:10 on this episode: https://www.golfwrx.com/659856/golfs-perfect-imperfections-proper-decorum-and-other-competitive-golf-tips/

He seemed to really play up how Bushnell is making it cheap by doing a subscription. It will be interesting to see how low they get the price of the unit (and how high the subscription price is 😬)

1 hour ago, misfo said:

Shawn Clement mentioned the Launch Pro on their podcast. Starting at 33:10 on this episode: https://www.golfwrx.com/659856/golfs-perfect-imperfections-proper-decorum-and-other-competitive-golf-tips/

He seemed to really play up how Bushnell is making it cheap by doing a subscription. It will be interesting to see how low they get the price of the unit (and how high the subscription price is 😬)

Here's another link to the September 1, 2021 podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/golfwrx-radio/id1302185956

Edited by Wildest1

2 minutes ago, Wildest1 said:

hmmm… I hope they have a purchase option vs subscription. Also, he specially said it will have all the same ball data as the Quad, but only mentioned club head speed gs other features we thought it would come with. 

Cmon, Bushnell, it’s time to give us some hard facts! 

I think the non-subscription option will be the GC3. 

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

As someone who just bought one of the last new Gc2's in april this thread is super interesting.  Had I known then about the GC3 I might have waited, but I would be still sitting here without a launch monitor today.   All I know is I'm super impressed with their hardware, the software is buggy and the putting is what really makes it suck.  Something as simple as knowing where you are aiming on the green.  Plus after about 6 holes the cups disapeear for me.    I play TGC and it's a lot more fun.  I just had a fitting at club champion and the trackman numbers I got were pretty much identical to the numbers I'm seeing on my GC2.   

I'm more curious to see what their new software and options there are going to offer.   I damn near went with the Quad but I couldn't justify the extra cost.   Some club data would be nice though can't lie about that. 

6 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

Yeah, based on everything that’s out there, sounds like the GC3 will be something like 8k all in, and then the launch pro (same device) will be considerably less (3-4k?) but will require monthly fee to use. 

Hopefully we’ll know for sure soon.  

12 hours ago, noodle24 said:

@statepgmI can tell you what SkyTrak’s response will be… do next to nothing and eek out as many sales as they can while it lasts.

If the price predictions are correct they won't need to, they occupy very different price points points aren't really in competition.
 From what has been written here the gc3 only competition will be the gc2...

What I find annoying about this is that they obviously know the spec and capabilities for this as it is out in the wild as test/beta units and we are very close to the assumed release date.....with this being 'true' they must also know how much they are going to sell if for......just release the info already!

.....unless they are on here trying to work out what price they think we will bear by our posts....

in that case i'll absolutely not pay a penny more than £2k ......and a bit for some software😜

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, true8 said:

I emailed a rep here in Canada and he said the GC3 will be launched this month. Confirmed 9100 CAD with the software. Was hoping this would've been around 5k CAD when they first leaked it. It's too bad the Foresight software is so expensive. 

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I hate their software price, and eventually they will have a worthy photometric competitor that pushes their margins down, but right now, 7k USD all in for what’s basically an updated, club face enabled GC2 seems like good value.  Doesn’t mean it’s budget friendly for the every day player who just wants basic data (and suspect accuracy), but there are already devices for that. 

I do wonder what the subscription equivalent of this is going to be in the US.  3k + 100/month? I’m really not sure. 

Edited by Indygolf21

I hope Foresight doesn’t get too cute with the subscription pricing. Based on everything we think we know, this is the product many of us have been waiting on for years. However, if their sales team turns this into a stereotypical used car options/warranty purchase scenario, they will have missed the mark in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I hate their software price, and eventually they will have a worthy photometric competitor that pushes their margins down, but right now, 7k USD all in for what’s basically an updated, club face enabled GC2 seems like good value.  Doesn’t mean it’s budget friendly for the every day player who just wants basic data (and suspect accuracy), but there are already devices for that. 

I do wonder what the subscription equivalent of this is going to be in the US.  3k + 100/month? I’m really not sure. 

I thought they held a bunch of patents which make it almost impossible to develop something of comparable accuracy at a lesser cost, much like trackman and radar which essentially eliminates the possibility of competition?

The more I see prices like this the more it looks like a simple successor to the gc2. I do wonder what bushnell get from this,  do they have any other multi-thousand dollar products made for golf? I thought bushnell were a mass market company, and this will not be close to mass market!

5 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Thanks for sharing.

I just don't understand why anyone would just go with the very basic LP price. It just seems silly to purchase something that costs more for just basic ball data. 

I would much rather get the GC3 at the $7K price. At $100/month, it would be stupid for anyone not to upgrade with club data and purchase FSX outright. Unless you plan on selling it and purchasing something else in less than 3 years. 

I wonder what the basic software that comes with the package will look like? If Foresight wants you to upgrade to FSX, I would think they will be giving you the tablet FSX option with very limited information and 2D range. 

I just don't see this unit fitting the needs of the average golfer. 

Edited by WallysWorld

38 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I just don't understand why anyone would just go with the very basic LP price. It just seems silly to purchase something that costs more for just basic ball data. 

I would much rather get the GC3 at the $7K price. At $100/month, it would be stupid for anyone not to upgrade with club data and purchase FSX outright. Unless you plan on selling it and purchasing something else in less than 3 years. 

I wonder what the basic software that comes with the package will look like? If Foresight wants you to upgrade to FSX, I would think they will be giving you the tablet FSX option with very limited information and 2D range. 

I just don't see this unit fitting the needs of the average golfer. 

If it is 2k, 3k, 7k or $100 per month the average golfer isn’t going near it.

• Like 1

This market is clearly not for average golfers. It's an error to think they are doing anything here for Joe Duffer.

How many driving ranges could justify now having one at 3k? People doing lessons freelance can rock up with credibility. In-home systems are no longer $14000, they're half-price.

I would love to own a Quad, but I might be able to justify the $7k, and the parts it's missing are simply not important for someone like me. A device that's primarily in my garage bay, but can go with me to a range, and offers game play, simulation, etc? But if Bushnell can get that initial purchase price to $2999, there are a lot of people that will make that jump. It may still cost them $7k, but it's a lot easier to get it in the hands of consumers for $3k. That's a hi-spec PC. Connect the iPad you already have, buy $200 projector, and you're in business.

Think of all the car brands that aren't for your "average driver". They do well, right? This isn't different.

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

56 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

This market is clearly not for average golfers. It's an error to think they are doing anything here for Joe Duffer.

How many driving ranges could justify now having one at 3k? People doing lessons freelance can rock up with credibility. In-home systems are no longer $14000, they're half-price.

I would love to own a Quad, but I might be able to justify the $7k, and the parts it's missing are simply not important for someone like me. A device that's primarily in my garage bay, but can go with me to a range, and offers game play, simulation, etc? But if Bushnell can get that initial purchase price to $2999, there are a lot of people that will make that jump. It may still cost them $7k, but it's a lot easier to get it in the hands of consumers for $3k. That's a hi-spec PC. Connect the iPad you already have, buy $200 projector, and you're in business.

Think of all the car brands that aren't for your "average driver". They do well, right? This isn't different.

Like I've said plenty of times- it was never intended for that audience. 

I hope those on this thread who are new to the LM understand the costs that involve a home bay/home simulation set up. Yes, I've seen plenty of people that start with a cheap set up- mat and net but later on realize that set up is not enough. 

A good high quality mat + impact screen, putting turf + projector + gaming PC+ some type of sim software will cost more than $4K! You can thank Covid for that. 

You may disagree with that but this is what I've seen with majority of those who own a golf simulator at home. 

I'm just putting this out there, so people are not surprised when they begin the process.  

Edit: what you described- a mat and net and Ipad- You are describing a Mevo +. That would be the best LM for those looking to get into a LM and wanting to use indoors and outdoors without breaking the bank. 

Edited by WallysWorld
  • Thanks 1

Wally… I am agreeing with you. I disagreed with James talking about the "average golfer". Maybe we're talking past one another.

$7k for non US residents and I was flat out dead wrong on their pricing strategy for this new "Bushnell" product.

Remember the very first Bushnell LP ad where they stated "TOUR LEVEL ACCURACY FOR ALL"? Well, I guess leaving out "MEASUREMENTS" mislead a lot of fools -me included- into believing they implied "GOLFERS". 😀

Everyone to their own but once Covid travel restrictions are lifted I can still see myself picking one up in the US for $3k but no way for $7k as my objective is to manage more range like quality practice.

Bushnell Launch Pro.png

14 minutes ago, JMG71 said:

$7k for non US residents and I was flat out dead wrong on their pricing strategy for this new "Bushnell" product.

Remember the very first Bushnell LP ad where they stated "TOUR LEVEL ACCURACY FOR ALL"? Well, I guess leaving out "MEASUREMENTS" mislead a lot of fools -me included- into believing they implied "GOLFERS". 😀

Everyone to their own but once Covid travel restrictions are lifted I can still see myself picking one up in the US for $3k but no way for $7k as my objective is to manage more range like quality practice.

Bushnell Launch Pro.png

Looking at the Bushnell golf website it looks like their most expensive product is a $600 range finder, so the top end of their core market. This doesnt fit their market or their pricing; I dont understand what they are hoping to achieve with this device. Foresight as a niche manufacturer on the other hand gets much greater exposure without loosing anything from their punitive pricing.

Garmin have released a product for the masses at $600. It might be flawed and never get close to the accuracy of the Launch Pro but it seems emminently more sensible as a product for a mass-market company with 'average' customers.

There is also no point in spending > $600 for range practise measuring because range balls dont fly like premium golf balls. You dont need 0.1deg and 15rpm accuracy when the ball itself launches 5-10deg higher and spins 1000's of rpms differently.

I'm still waiting to see what club data will be available at the base price. That said $3k for club path (if its even included at $3k) and accurate spin with no sim/software capabilities   . . compared to Mevo + . . . not looking good for me. A very accurate sim for $7k is a comparatively good deal though for sure. I don't have room for a sim. I would be taking this to the range. Range balls don't matter for club data.

On 9/4/2021 at 8:42 AM, karstens_ghost said:

I think we’ve jumped the gun on assuming it will be a subscription. I don’t think that’s been confirmed. Chances are it will be like every other foresight product that has software upgrades. Base unit $3k, FSX $3k, Club head data $1.2k?

I just want to work on my swing at home, with reasonably accurate numbers for the distance, direction and shape of my shots.

I tried a Garmin R10 with an outdoor net, but the distances and shot shapes sucked with longer clubs. E6 Connect and Home Tee Hero (ie. Mario Golf) were fun, but without accurate data they were just video games. Is the R10 worth $600? Not for serious work on your swing.

xTsunami and statepgm: Will a $2,000 Skytrak do the job as is, or do you need extras and/or software subscriptions?

I'm hoping that the basic Launch Pro will give accurate distance, direction and shot shape, at home, at a reasonable price. 

Edited by Wildest1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildest1 said:

I just want to work on my swing at home, with reasonably accurate numbers for the distance, direction and shape of my shots.

I tried a Garmin R10 with an outdoor net, but the distances and shot shapes sucked with longer clubs. E6 Connect and Home Tee Hero (ie. Mario Golf) were fun, but without accurate data they were just video games. Is the R10 worth $600? Not for serious work on your swing.

xTsunami and statepgm: Will a $2,000 Skytrak do the job as is, or do you need extras and/or software subscriptions?

I'm hoping that the basic Pro Launch will give accurate distance, direction and shot shape, at home, at a reasonable price. 

I think the answer to the question depends on your ability and depth of pockets. If you are better than scratch a skytrak may not be as accurate as you on occasion. If you are worse than scratch a skytrak will almost certainly be more accurate than you are.

The launch Pro will likely be way better and more accurate than a skytrak but at >50% extra cost.

2 hours ago, Wildest1 said:

I'm hoping that the basic Pro Launch will give accurate distance, direction and shot shape, at home, at a reasonable price. 

I'm in the same boat, but I literally only care about swing speed, ball speed and carry distance indoors. No simulation, spin, path, etc.

I can't come to terms with the inaccuracies with the R10 and I'm worried about buying a regular Mevo, Rapsodo, Swing Caddie, etc.  

Is there a product out there for me? 

Ping G430 Max 10.5* w/ GD Tour AD TP
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 18* w/ GD Tour AD DI

Srixon ZX MkII 19* & 24* w/x100
Titleist T100s w/ PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 48-52-56-61 w/ PX 6.5

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mil Spec  

49 minutes ago, RCGA said:

I'm in the same boat, but I literally only care about swing speed, ball speed and carry distance indoors. No simulation, spin, path, etc.

I can't come to terms with the inaccuracies with the R10 and I'm worried about buying a regular Mevo, Rapsodo, Swing Caddie, etc.  

Is there a product out there for me? 

You need accurate spin to get accurate carry though.

• Like 1

In for the latest updates.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

6 hours ago, Wildest1 said:

I'm hoping that the basic Launch Pro will give accurate distance, direction and shot shape, at home, at a reasonable price. 

Skytrak and Mevo + will be enough for what you need and the accuracy is within a couple of yards to TM4 and Quad unless you have a club speed over 115. 

Example I have been practicing with Mevo plus I know my yardage for every club. I’m  currently playing alone and a group of guys decided to skip past me and another group (older folks) because everyone is playing today and the course is really slow. Well I cought up to the guys and we got in a little argument because they thought they are pros. One of them made a $1K bet per hole and telling me they play here thousands of times. So of course I said let’s do it. Hole 6 528 yds par 5. I drove my ball 280 and birdied. Hole 7 140 downhill plays maybe 90 yds. Birdied and hit the ball five yds of a pin. Hole 8 398 yds hybrid 230 yds and birdied. $3K up on the guy and he just drove past hole 9 and went back to his car.

The moral of the story...LM WORK if you learn your yardage and shot shapes. Also have fun when you are playing and don't be a dick when you are out on the course.

Ps: this is my 2nd time here on this course.