Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

25 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

FSX Mobile has a range and only requires iPad or iPhone but not clear to me whether Launch Pro will be compatible with FSX mobile. 

Feel like they didn’t do a great job of detailing exactly what each package is offering.  Glad I went with the GC3.  Way more than I wanted to spend but figured that way the experience won’t be limited.

• Like 1

Waiting to see a proper review on the functionality of the basic package. The only thing the specs have is access to a 2D range via FSX Pro which doesn't mention compatibility with an phone. I would thing the that 2D range would have to be available on your phone  so you can get shot shape and offline distance when practicing into a net (?)

On 10/4/2021 at 1:49 PM, thigos said:

I'm not completely confident that I will get the 20.  Just what the rep told me during the pre-order phase.

Got an email back from the rep.  Unfortunately GC3 purchase only includes 10 courses

• Like 1

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

5 minutes ago, amj6135 said:

Just spoke to a Foresight rep.  I was told Launch Pro owners will be able to pay 4000 dollars to unlock and own outright at anytime.

So $1000 for all spin data, club path and AoA? Then pay for a subscription if you want for simulation, data warehousing etc?  That sounds good to me.

6 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Optimistic on my part. The software costs are painful.

It’s an additional 4K.

what would be optimistic is that when they release the new software next year they give the Launch Pro people the option to buy outright and have it fully unlocked for the 2k cost or whatever it is

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

Just spoke to a Foresight rep.  I was told Launch Pro owners will be able to pay 4000 dollars to unlock and own outright at anytime.

In that case, not sure why anyone would buy the GC3? 

Buy the LP, experiment with the full unlock for a month free, if you like it/need/want the full package, pay the 4k. If you don’t, just do the basic.  

13 minutes ago, Indygolf21 said:

In that case, not sure why anyone would buy the GC3? 

Buy the LP, experiment with the full unlock for a month free, if you like it/need/want the full package, pay the 4k. If you don’t, just do the basic.  

Or just pay yearly and have the full package for 1 year for $3800. I agree the GC3 route doesn't make sense, Sure paying yearly will get you to the GC3 cost after 5 years or so, but at that point Im sure there will be better/cheaper options. 

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

I'm glad they found out, I called and talked to a rep yesterday at foresight about some fsx specs and told him that Bushnell had posted that a lifetime subscription would be an option and he told me, "well that makes no sense, that is what is supposed to make us different". Even the reps didn't know. 

Edited by jcrews5508

50 minutes ago, jcrews5508 said:

I'm glad they found out, I called and talked to a rep yesterday at foresight about some fsx specs and told him that Bushnell had posted that a lifetime subscription would be an option and he told me, "well that makes no sense, that is what is supposed to make us different". Even the reps didn't know. 

Oh my... Bushnell posted on Facebook a few days ago about the $4k option. Seems like there's little communication between Bushnell and Foresight.

Gives me hope that Bushnell unlocks Gold for all 3rd party software. Where Foresight reps have given definitive no answers to TGC 2019 and GS Pro.

1 hour ago, jcrews5508 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but Foresight sales reps are not employees they are commissioned sales folks (tech support or call center reps would be staff I’d expect). So with that they probably have less line of sight to the actual plans and either infer or hear from their contacts at Foresight. 

It’s too early to tell (unless they’ve officially said this somewhere I haven’t seen) how long they intend to even have two streams. I can see reasons why you run both because both brands have credibility in their own way but I can also see why everything could be under Bushnell in 2 years with totally different distribution. 

with the timing of the sale this two brand approach likely made sense to hit both markets but I don’t think it makes sense to run the two equivalent devices totally differently based on the logo on it over the devices lifespan. Double the call center confusion to start. 

38 minutes ago, Magnets said:

Has anyone gotten any clarification on IOS integration and what this device can and cannot do on an ipad?

At 7:02 in this video the guy says GC3 will be compatible with the Ipad FOR simulation.

Is it possible to run simulation on an Ipad only?

FSX mobile is the only IOS option, it's the driving range not the simulation. 

• Like 1

I have to say that while I appreciate having the two entry points, they've done a cockup of a launch with the information and what you get.

If you get the GC3, do you get 10 courses or 20?

If you get the lifetime upgrade for LP, do you get software updates?

What works with an iPad, what requires a PC?

Does the LP without a higher subscription still work the same in calculating flight even if it doesn't show the results? Or are you "buying more accuracy"?

I'm in a fortunate place where I'm not necessarily forced to get a GC3, but man, what a poor rollout.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

1 hour ago, karstens_ghost said:

I have to say that while I appreciate having the two entry points, they've done a cockup of a launch with the information and what you get.

If you get the GC3, do you get 10 courses or 20?

If you get the lifetime upgrade for LP, do you get software updates?

What works with an iPad, what requires a PC?

Does the LP without a higher subscription still work the same in calculating flight even if it doesn't show the results? Or are you "buying more accuracy"?

I'm in a fortunate place where I'm not necessarily forced to get a GC3, but man, what a poor rollout.

Why is this so confusing? 

1)10 courses not 20.

2)lifetime upgrade? you mean silver or gold memberships? - yes it updates to the newest software just like any software subscription you pay a yearly fee. If you buy GC3 - they will automatically roll you to FSX play. After that version you will need to pay for an upgrade think of it like madden 2021 and then buying madden 2022

3) FSX Mobile (IOS). If you buy FSX included in the package is FSX Pro (IOS and PC). PC only FSX 2020 /FSX Play - simulation 

4) re-read your question. Why you even ask that? It's the same software and hardware. It measures everything exactly the same. Depending on the LP subscription, you will be view more data metrics than the basic or silver. 

Edited by WallysWorld

1 hour ago, WallysWorld said:

Why is this so confusing? 

1)10 courses not 20.

2)lifetime upgrade? you mean silver or gold memberships? - yes it updates to the newest software just like any software subscription you pay a yearly fee. If you buy GC3 - they will automatically roll you to FSX play. After that version you will need to pay for an upgrade think of it like madden 2021 and then buying madden 2022

3) FSX Mobile (IOS). If you buy FSX included in the package is FSX Pro (IOS and PC). PC only FSX 2020 /FSX Play - simulation 

4) re-read your question. Why you even ask that? It's the same software and hardware. It measures everything exactly the same. Depending on the LP subscription, you will be view more data metrics than the basic or silver. 

1) So all-inclusive doesn't mean inclusive of the full 20 available. Got it.

2) You're already behind; there's posts that say you can buy a $4000 buyout of lifetime gold. Again, what does that mean for new software in that time?

3) Just… what?

4) Certain values are excluded at base subscriptions. It's not clear that the values are taken into account or necessary for accuracy - or, it's been asked here and only assumed. Side spin… seems important?

These should have had crystal clear answers right out of the gate for pre-release. They don't. And about Paris… that is daft.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

15 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

2) You're already behind; there's posts that say you can buy a $4000 buyout of lifetime gold. Again, what does that mean for new software in that time?

3) Just… what?

4) Certain values are excluded at base subscriptions. It's not clear that the values are taken into account or necessary for accuracy - or, it's been asked here and only assumed. Side spin… seems important?

These should have had crystal clear answers right out of the gate for pre-release. They don't. And about Paris… that is daft.

I agree there was a lot of mystery/lack of knowledge and still is. It made the preorder even more of a hectic frenzy... better for them I suppose while the dust settles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

3) Just… what?

2) I was the one who posted this originally. This $4K GC3 pertains to those who already own a FSX license. According to the Foresight rep, GC3 requires an FSX license. So either you buy now for $7K or later maybe 2022, you can buy GC3 without FSX for $4K then activate your unit with your existing license. I'm sure someone will eventually figure out a way to use it without a FSX license but it's too early to determine. 

3) PC: FSX 2020/FSX Play

IOS: FSX Mobile

If you buy FSX- FSX 2020/FSX Play, FSX Mobile and FSX pro is included..

4) once again,  all of the data parameters is being captured by the hardware. The GC3 and gold package will display everything, the silver and the standard version will capture the data but will not display it. 

Does that make sense. 

I agree that this can be confusing and could have been better explained. But at least it was rolled out, look at the Full Swing Kit they still haven't released any of the information. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

2) I was the one who posted this originally. This $4K GC3 pertains to those who already own a FSX license. According to the Foresight rep, GC3 requires an FSX license. So either you buy now for $7K or later maybe 2022, you can buy GC3 without FSX for $4K then activate your unit with your existing license. I'm sure someone will eventually figure out a way to use it without a FSX license but it's too early to determine. 

3) PC: FSX 2020/FSX Play

IOS: FSX Mobile

If you buy FSX- FSX 2020/FSX Play, FSX Mobile and FSX pro is included..

4) once again,  all of the data parameters is being captured by the hardware. The GC3 and gold package will display everything, the silver and the standard version will capture the data but will not display it. 

Does that make sense. 

I agree that this can be confusing and could have been better explained. But at least it was rolled out, look at the Full Swing Kit they still haven't released any of the information. 

2) I don't think that's what they're talking about.  I spoke to a Foresight rep today who said if you buy the Launch Pro from Bushnell for 2999 they will be offering a way for 4,000 dollars to buy yourself out of the subscription model at anytime.  Essentially unlocking your Launch Pro into a "GC3" with the outright ownership of FSX 2020 or whatever the software is at the time you purchase.   

• Thanks 1