Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

5 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

It would seem silly to me to purchase (unlock) the FSX license for the purposes of reselling your unit. You'd effectively be taking a loss on top of the resale value loss for the LP.   

The point bbish937 was making was that you own none of the $4000 worth of software (assuming 5 years worth of subscription) with the LP,  so when trying to resell your LP, the max you'll get for it is 3k (unlikely). Whereas with a GC3, assuming you resell it after 5 years of ownership as well you you'd get resell value for both the hardware and the software.

If you buy your way out of the launch pro’s subscription model you do own 4000 dollars worth of software though?

4 minutes ago, Luke.Sutton said:

Are you sure the GC3 software side is transferable? From what I vaguely remember reading in the manual it’s a 1 time computer activation for $4k. Quad you can transfer for a $1k. I’ve heard of people just selling the gaming computer with the quad and using a random gmail address for the account to avoid transfer fees. 

A software license is "owned" by the person that holds the login credentials to the FSX Live account associated with the license. As such, if you were interested in selling or buying an FSX license, you'd effectively just give or receive the login details for the account that holds the license. I've bought and sold FSX licenses on a number of occasions, and all I've had to do was either give my login details or receive login details, which can then be changed as soon as you assume them. That's all that's required for the software to change hands. That software can then be installed on any PC you'd like (with the license key of course) at any time without issues.

The $1000 transfer fee that applies with the launch monitors/hardware (GC2, Quad, etc), applies only IF you'd need support from Foresight for the LM.  There is probably thousands of GC2s and Quads out in the wild (including both my Quad and GC2), that are perfectly operational, that are not "registered" to the person who owns them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, amj6135 said:

If you buy your way out of the launch pro’s subscription model you do own 4000 dollars worth of software though?

Assuming that option will be available, yes. But for the purposes of resell value, at that point,  you really aren't selling an BLP, you're selling a GC3 that is branded BLP. And I still don't see how that changes any of the point that bbish937 was making regarding resale value of a GC3 vs BLP. 

If I owned a BLP, I certainly wouldn't opt to purchase the $4000 for the purposes of turning around and reselling it. 

Edited by gibbiesmalls

15 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Assuming that option will be available, yes. But for the purposes of resell value, at that point,  you really aren't selling an BLP, you're selling a GC3 that is branded BLP. And I still don't see how that changes any of the point that bbish937 was making regarding resale value of a GC3 vs BLP. 

If I owned a BLP, I certainly wouldn't opt to purchase the $4000 for the purposes of turning around and reselling it. 

I guess I’m confused because he said the max resell of a LP would be 3000 no matter what, but if you  bought out of the subscription model either this year or 5 years from now wouldn’t your resell be whatever GC3s are going for at the time?  

1 hour ago, amj6135 said:

I guess I’m confused because he said the max resell of a LP would be 3000 no matter what, but if you  bought out of the subscription model either this year or 5 years from now wouldn’t your resell be whatever GC3s are going for at the time?  

Yes, you're right.

But I thought it was clear the point he was making was the oversight some make in considering the resale value of the license in a GC3 when compared to a BLP on subscription in the 2nd hand market.    

1 hour ago, James495738 said:

Does anyone know if the GC3 saves shots to memory if it is being used standalone and they can then be downloaded to the fsx software once it is reconnected?

I notice the manual mentions 'access shot saver'.

I can't speak to the GC3 because I don't own one, but I can't imagine it would be different than the GC Quad (which I do own), and the answer is no. The GC3 is unlikely to "store" any of the previous session's historical data. The LCD only displays the current shot, and if you turn off/turn on the device, no shot ever taken on the it will be "accessible". 

If you want any shot "logging" you'd need to use the GC3 with FSX Pro, FSX 2020 (soon to be FSX Play) or FSX Mobile (assuming FSX Mobile will be compatible with the GC3 as it is with the Quad) 

3 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

I can't speak to the GC3 because I don't own one, but I can't imagine it would be different than the GC Quad (which I do own), and the answer is no. The GC3 is unlikely to "store" any of the previous session's historical data. The LCD only displays the current shot, and if you turn off/turn on the device, no shot ever taken on the it will be "accessible". 

If you want any shot "logging" you'd need to use the GC3 with FSX Pro, FSX 2020 (soon to be FSX Play) or FSX Mobile (assuming FSX Mobile will be compatible with the GC3 as it is with the Quad) 

Have you used FSX Mobile with your Quad? The reviews that I can find on it are not good and I would likely use it to see dispersion and shot shape from the 2D range in basic package.

3 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Have you used FSX Mobile with your Quad? The reviews that I can find on it are not good and I would likely use it to see dispersion and shot shape from the 2D range in basic package.

Yes, I have.  Plenty.

There are times where I just want the data on my IPad and on occasion my phone.  When I do use it, I use it for exactly what you describe. Just to see dispersion, shape, distance in a 2D view.

For reference, if you're familiar with say Mark Crossfield or Dan Hendriksen (when they used to work together) on youtube - every time they've used in the "studio", they're almost exclusively using FSX Mobile on a tablet.

20 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

FSX mobile is the only IOS option, it's the driving range not the simulation. 

Not bad for "2D".  Something seems off though.  At around 6:30 into the video when he hits the first shot, the App registers 151 yards of carry, and the PC shows what appears to be 160.  Why is there a discrepancy here?  Weather settings?

Also, his 151 shot rolls out over 30 yards!

• Like 1

G430 Max 9* - Hzrdus Blue PVD 
Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

U505 2i - Hzrdus Black rdx

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

21 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Yes, I have.  Plenty.

There are times where I just want the data on my IPad and on occasion my phone.  When I do use it, I use it for exactly what you describe. Just to see dispersion, shape, distance in a 2D view.

For reference, if you're familiar with say Mark Crossfield or Dan Hendriksen (when they used to work together) on youtube - every time they've used in the "studio", they're almost exclusively using FSX Mobile on a tablet.

Ok. Thanks. Glad to hear it works for you. The app store reviews are not good. I've seen plenty of Crossfield's videos. Had no idea that was the app he was using. So now its just understanding what if any impacts using the limited data on LP will have on the app. You would hope none. . .

17 minutes ago, thigos said:

Not bad for "2D".  Something seems off though.  At around 6:30 into the video when he hits the first shot, the App registers 151 yards of carry, and the PC shows what appears to be 160.  Why is there a discrepancy here?  Weather settings?

18 minutes ago, thigos said:

I can’t see well enough to see what they PC is showing for carry, but the balls landed in the same spot (assume the green was set to the same distance for each). He also comments that the data is all the exact same. 

The roll out is simply a function of the range you’re on/firmness settings. 

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

Honestly I think the 2d range is more mentally annoying otherwise it should give us a pretty good idea of the shot shape

30 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

Ok. Thanks. Glad to hear it works for you. The app store reviews are not good. I've seen plenty of Crossfield's videos. Had no idea that was the app he was using. So now its just understanding what if any impacts using the limited data on LP will have on the app. You would hope none. . .

Just to clarify, what they see/use in the tablet is what FSX Mobile is. What they project on the hitting screens is FSX2020. 

But if you've ever seen them show data on the tablet, that's always FSX Mobile (quad connects to is via bluetooth - while the quad is hardwired to a pc that projects what you see on their screen).

4 minutes ago, RH2020 said:

Honestly I think the 2d range is more mentally annoying otherwise it should give us a pretty good idea of the shot shape

From a pure practice perspective having accurate dispersion and shot shape info in addition the data from the unit is really all I need. The hard part will not be wasting money on the $800 / annually before I ante up and spend the other $4k (if ever) to get out of the sub model.

5 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

Just to clarify, what they see/use in the tablet is what FSX Mobile is. What they project on the hitting screens is FSX2020. 

But if you've ever seen them show data on the tablet, that's always FSX Mobile (quad connects to is via bluetooth - while the quad is hardwired to a pc that projects what you see on their screen).

Yes. Thanks. Understood. I don't need to have a flight tracer at the range / net. Just the data.

1 hour ago, thigos said:

This isn't the 2D range one would get with the basic subscription is it?  

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

22 minutes ago, Dan13 said:

From a pure practice perspective having accurate dispersion and shot shape info in addition the data from the unit is really all I need. The hard part will not be wasting money on the $800 / annually before I ante up and spend the other $4k (if ever) to get out of the sub model.

Do you really think that you will get all the data you need with the seven parameters it provides right out of the box? 

3 minutes ago, vq6shadow said:

Do you really think that you will get all the data you need with the seven parameters it provides right out of the box? 

Would I like AoA, spin numbers and club path  - no doubt but don't need them to have effective practice sessions. I have carry, shot shape, apex, H and V launch direction and dispersion numbers and it is hypothetically accurate. That way more info than I have now with a SC300i.

• Like 1

So after working in IT M&A for about 8 years, I can say that this is a very poorly carried out acquisition/merger. Talking to a foresight rep, they have very little info about BLP, or the future of their subscription model. There is very much an "us vs. them" mentality, and given its Foresight engineers that manage the hardware and software, not Bushnell people, I feel more comfortable going with the GC3 just to have it unlocked. BLP may sound like the cheaper play here depending on the subscription model, but I do not trust Bushnell over the lifetime of this product. They also let it known that Bushnell and the public got insight into the FX Play before the Foresight sales folks, so there is definitely some cultural integration issues taking place.  

Regarding FX2020 upgrades, my rep made it sound like as they update all the courses and graphics they are not aware of what Bushnell's plans are and that they have heard they would be re-charging one time fees for updated Premium/Standard Courses. This will be over time however since they cant just update 150 courses in a month or so. 

Also as a subscription, if you buy a premium course, you lose it after you stop paying the subscription. Hard pass on the Bushnell model. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, radiman said:

This isn't the 2D range one would get with the basic subscription is it?  

Not sure.  Video mentions 2D.  I bought the gc3, but don't have a gaming pc yet.  Was expecting less of the range with the simple IOS connection

Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7

16 minutes ago, thigos said:

Not sure.  Video mentions 2D.  I bought the gc3, but don't have a gaming pc yet.  Was expecting less of the range with the simple IOS connection

you will be using FSX Mobile or FSX Pro. I'm going to hold off on a gaming PC until I either can get my paws on a solid deal or wait until after the holiday's and get a PC that didn't sell. Hopefully by then some of this crazy GPU market will slow down

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

you will be using FSX Mobile or FSX Pro. I'm going to hold off on a gaming PC until I either can get my paws on a solid deal or wait until after the holiday's and get a PC that didn't sell. Hopefully by then some of this crazy GPU market will slow down

I have a gaming PC but i use it for.... gaming.... so my challenge is figuring out how to connect it from my office to my garage(where my BLP will be)

In the mean-time the FSX mobile will have to tide me over.

4 minutes ago, Magnets said:

I have a gaming PC but i use it for.... gaming.... so my challenge is figuring out how to connect it from my office to my garage(where my BLP will be)

In the mean-time the FSX mobile will have to tide me over.

Someone used an app that you basically connect to FSX on your gaming PC and can control and view it on your Ipad. 

Let me search for it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kwettig said:

99356F23-135D-477C-A8E0-17FC80D01C6B.jpeg.1acd42217c4c7dca81de7b5d900bc30b.jpeg

might pick up this laptop from Costco…was hoping for something under $1k though.  May hold off until FSX play is released and maybe snag a Black Friday deal.  Anyone know if you can have FSX mobile go from phone to Tv?

if you have an iPhone just use Airplay if you have it connected to a AppleTV

9 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

if you ever plan on using GS Pro, I have been adviced to stay away from laptops. 

Curious as to why?  

Stealth 15* - Tour AD-IZ 

T200u 4i - Tour AD
Fly Z + 5-P - PX LZ

SM10 - 50, 55, 60

Versa 7