Cobra 2022 Plans

hartrick11

1 hour ago, ScottHutch2 said:

I was able to try the cobra fairways today... wow. The LTDx 3 wood is beautiful in person, shape and color wise. Felt pretty good off the face, a nice full feeling unlike the light/empty feeling of TM fairways that I hate. The LTDx was launching pretty well, even though the stock shaft in was a Hzrdus smoke green. Carrying 240ish off the deck with decent to low spin. I could prob pick up some carry yards with a better fitting shaft, but regardless I was sold on the spot and I will be placing a preorder tomorrow. Tsi2 and sim2 fairways will be out of the bag.

Did you get a chance to test the LTDx ls? 

Taylormade Sim2 9*   Lagp axs blue 6x

Taylormade 300 mini 13.5  lagp axs blue 7x

Callaway UW 17  ventus black 7x  

Taylormade sim2 rescue 22  ventus blue 8x

Srixon 945's 4-pw KBS $ Taper HT 125

Cbx2 kbs 610  50/56  Cbx zipcore 60

Scotty special select squareback accra fx 3.0  

51 minutes ago, Oett11 said:

Did you get a chance to test the LTDx ls? 

I did, I really liked the feeling of it, but not the right launch conditions for me. Although, it was still fairly forgiving. I would imagine pairing it with a higher launching shaft like and GD HD you could get some really good results. Would be a monster off the tee in a 3 metal.

• Like 2

Driver: Ping G430LST - Diamana GT 60tx

3 Wood:  TM Stealth 3W - Diamana GT 70tx

5 Wood: Ping G430 Max 5W - Tensei Pro Orange 80tx

Irons: Taylormade P770 4-PW - Modus 130s

Wedges: Vokey SM8 50.14F Modus 130x, SM9 54.12 - 58.12 - Modus 130x 

Putter: Ping PLD Anser 

8 minutes ago, rmiller_ny said:

I just got back from an hour+ long session with my son on the Trackman with the aim to leave having ordered him the Cobra LTDx. He's just 12 and his SS is just in the 90's. They didn't have the LTDx LS on-hand to test (nor would I have suggested him wasting time hitting it) but they did have a 9.0 degree LTDx and a 10.5 degree LTDx head as well as the LTDx MAX model.... along with a myriad of shafts. Much to my surprise, the 10.5 degree head was too high launching/spinning for him and his numbers were much better with a 9.0 degree head. He went through maybe 6 shafts and the 2 that fit him best were the Ventus Red and the HZDRUS Red....others he tried were the HZDRUS Blue, HZDRUS Green, HZDRUS IM10 Smoke, Riptide Counter-balanced (this was probably the worst for him), maybe a couple others I can't really recall. To my surprise, I thought the Cobra heads would be too low spinning for him, but he was spinning them over 3,000 some of the times....his best drives when they were in the 2500-2700 range. He did have a couple drives with smash factors in the 1.45-1.47 range, which were his best drives...maybe 230-235 total yards.

However, he really wasn't all that much further than his current gamer the OG TM SIM Max w/Fuji Atmos shaft...I could see him getting discouraged because of course, any kid who went there to get a new driver would surely want to leave having ordered one. 

Towards the end, the guy said "Let's have him just try hitting this TM Stealth 9.0 head...and being that he's still growing, you have the benefit of being able to order a shaft he can grow into and he can use his current gamer shaft in there for this year.  So we then went through the exercise of trying the Stealth with quite a number of shafts and for him, it was better performing than the Cobra LTDx head as well as his current gamer. He hit a few out there with the Stealth > 240 with many more in the 225-235 range vs his gamer or the LTDx, so we went with that. He had quite a few with smash-factors in the 1.48 - 1.50 range...very nice.

They actually have the stock in the back....they just can't let you leave with it, so they have his name on a Stealth 9.0 degree with a Ventus Red waiting in back and they said he can pick it up February 4th. 

I was able to jump on the Trackman and hit both the Stealth and the LTDx...both felt great. The Stealth felt similar to my SIM2....the Cobra felt a bit muted. I didn't have my current gamer with me, so I was really just messing around, sneaking in a few swings as the guy was going to fetch more shafts. Both are absolutely awesome though...I preferred the looks of the Cobra (I currently have an LTDx LS on order).  The shaft that worked best for me with the LTDx was when it had the HZDRUS IM10 Smoke shaft in there...mid launch and had a nice smooth feel and kick to it. I didn't swing the Cobra driver with every single shaft the guy brought out though. 

Thought I'd share my experience and my son is obviously over the moon with what will be his 1st new driver (he usually gets my hand-me-downs). He's my golf buddy

Awesome man, happy for your son! Thanks for sharing the results!

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rmiller_ny said:

I just got back from an hour+ long session with my son on the Trackman with the aim to leave having ordered him the Cobra LTDx. He's just 12 and his SS is just in the 90's. They didn't have the LTDx LS on-hand to test (nor would I have suggested him wasting time hitting it) but they did have a 9.0 degree LTDx and a 10.5 degree LTDx head as well as the LTDx MAX model.... along with a myriad of shafts. Much to my surprise, the 10.5 degree head was too high launching/spinning for him and his numbers were much better with a 9.0 degree head. He went through maybe 6 shafts and the 2 that fit him best were the Ventus Red and the HZDRUS Red....others he tried were the HZDRUS Blue, HZDRUS Green, HZDRUS IM10 Smoke, Riptide Counter-balanced (this was probably the worst for him), maybe a couple others I can't really recall. To my surprise, I thought the Cobra heads would be too low spinning for him, but he was spinning them over 3,000 some of the times....his best drives when they were in the 2500-2700 range. He did have a couple drives with smash factors in the 1.45-1.47 range, which were his best drives...maybe 230-235 total yards.

However, he really wasn't all that much further than his current gamer the OG TM SIM Max w/Fuji Atmos shaft...I could see him getting discouraged because of course, any kid who went there to get a new driver would surely want to leave having ordered one. 

Towards the end, the guy said "Let's have him just try hitting this TM Stealth 9.0 head...and being that he's still growing, you have the benefit of being able to order a shaft he can grow into and he can use his current gamer shaft in there for this year.  So we then went through the exercise of trying the Stealth with quite a number of shafts and for him, it was better performing than the Cobra LTDx head as well as his current gamer. He hit a few out there with the Stealth > 240 with many more in the 225-235 range vs his gamer or the LTDx, so we went with that. He had quite a few with smash-factors in the 1.48 - 1.50 range...very nice.

They actually have the stock in the back....they just can't let you leave with it, so they have his name on a Stealth 9.0 degree with a Ventus Red waiting in back and they said he can pick it up February 4th. 

I was able to jump on the Trackman and hit both the Stealth and the LTDx...both felt great. The Stealth felt similar to my SIM2....the Cobra felt a bit muted. I didn't have my current gamer with me, so I was really just messing around, sneaking in a few swings as the guy was going to fetch more shafts. Both are absolutely awesome though...I preferred the looks of the Cobra (I currently have an LTDx LS on order).  The shaft that worked best for me with the LTDx was when it had the HZDRUS IM10 Smoke shaft in there...mid launch and had a nice smooth feel and kick to it. I didn't swing the Cobra driver with every single shaft the guy brought out though. 

Thought I'd share my experience and my son is obviously over the moon with what will be his 1st new driver (he usually gets my hand-me-downs). He's my golf buddy

Fatherhood! 

So huge...so, so huge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I believe folks have said the x has a shallower face than the litdixels. Is that noticeable? That's the one thing I'll miss about OG sim.

It’s true, but honestly pretty unnoticeable to my eye. With the Rogue’s it much more

noticeable. The X and LS though, look really similar.

Edited by DaymonJ11

6 hours ago, boggyman said:

@PT1911posted in a Cobra thread in the Tour section he ordered directly and received an email his has shipped. Confirmed through local guy that ordered mine it’ll ship mid February. Who knows. 

4 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Talked to Cobra today. Don’t expect any to be shipped before PAR date.  Orders placed today are getting quoted 3-4 weeks. 

Yeah I really am puzzled by getting the email. I order launch day Wednesday the 19th directly from Cobra, then got an email Thursday the 20th saying it shipped. Even on their web site when I ordered it said it was estimated to ship mid February.

FedEx tracking says I will have it Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

Just now, PT1911 said:

Yeah I really am puzzled by getting the email. I order launch day Wednesday the 19th directly from Cobra, then got an email Thursday the 20th saying it shipped. Even on their web site when I ordered it said it was estimated to ship mid February.

Awesome if it holds true. 

7 minutes ago, boggyman said:

Awesome if it holds true. 

6 minutes ago, PT1911 said:

I’ll keep you guys posted Tuesday and what is in the box!

Yeah. Definitely do. I would tend to trust the Fed Ex Tracking.  Especially if it has departed location. 

i just spoke to our inside rep. She might have  been being conservative.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

4 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Yeah. Definitely do. I would tend to trust the Fed Ex Tracking.  Especially if it has departed location. 

i just spoke to our inside rep. She might have  been being conservative.  

Yep, it shows it departed Oceanside, CA on Thursday!

What confuses me is even on their web site it says “pre-order now, ships mid Feb.”

I mean, don’t get me wrong, if what shows up what’s supposed to show up, I’m gonna be PUMPED!

• Like 2

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

7 hours ago, PT1911 said:

Yep, it shows it departed Oceanside, CA on Thursday!

What confuses me is even on their web site it says “pre-order now, ships mid Feb.”

I mean, don’t get me wrong, if what shows up what’s supposed to show up, I’m gonna be PUMPED!

I ordered mine same day, and I’ll be honest…if mine doesn’t ship I’ll be jealous. 

• Haha 1

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

AI Smoke TD 3W w/ Ventus Black 8x

AI Smoke TD 7W w/ Ventus Black 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-G w/ KBS Tour V X
SM10 Raw 54D/58K

Custom PLD Oslo

10 hours ago, PT1911 said:

That happened to me with my radspeed last year 👍

10 hours ago, Paybax said:

That happened to me with my radspeed last year 👍

For real? You got one 3 weeks before they were supposed to ship? Did anyone else get on you know of?

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

Not sure it’s been reported yet but Matt Blois (ex TXG) posted the Cobra video with Kyle and Jose on his own YouTube channel.   “MattBloisGolf”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 15.0 MCA Kaili Blue 70X

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Just received my LTDx Max!  Will play tomorrow and report back...

• Like 4

East Coast Bag:                                                  West Coast Bag:

G430MAX 10.5 GD Tour AD XC 5R                    G430MAX 10.5 GD Tour AD XC 5R

Gen6P 5W GD Tour AD XC 5R                           Gen6P 3W/7W GD Tour AD XC 5R

Gen6XF 4H/5H/6H GD Tour AD HY 65R.          Fli-Hi Hybrid 23*/26* GD Tour AD HY 65R

P770 '23 7-AW C-Taper LIte 105R                     P790 '23 6-AW C-Taper Lite 105R

MG4 55/59 TW C-Taper Lite 105R                    SM9 55S/59T C-Taper Lite 105R

SC Golo Jet Black                                               SC Golo

1 hour ago, chasdr said:

Just received my LTDx Max!  Will play tomorrow and report back...

That is AWESOME to hear!!!! Makes me feel good about my X showing up Tuesday!

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

27 minutes ago, joliver233 said:

Has anyone tried or switched to the tour length option? What changed for you (if anything)? I'm thinking of switching to the shorter option. Any input would be great.

This will be my 3rd cobra driver at tour length. I find that I hit it in the middle more often, and little to no reduction in distance. 

• Like 1

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

AI Smoke TD 3W w/ Ventus Black 8x

AI Smoke TD 7W w/ Ventus Black 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-G w/ KBS Tour V X
SM10 Raw 54D/58K

Custom PLD Oslo

4 hours ago, joliver233 said:

Has anyone tried or switched to the tour length option? What changed for you (if anything)? I'm thinking of switching to the shorter option. Any input would be great.

I haven't tried the Cobra specifically, but have messed around with shaft length in my driver.  An inch winds up being ~3 mph in head speed for me personally.  Longest drives will obviously be with the longer shaft, but as far as averages go, they're pretty close.  Easier to find the middle with a shorter shaft.

Also, unrelated, but very interested to hear if anyone has hands-on experience with the LTDx vs the LTDx LS.  Currently gaming an OG SIM and wondering where those two line up relative to it, as a point of reference.

5 hours ago, joliver233 said:

Yes, I have played many TL Cobras and have been playing 44.5” in my driver for about 15+ years.

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

Round 1 in the books and so far very impressed - definitely longer than my TSi2 (according to my Garmin about 5 to 10 yards longer) and seems to have a tighter dispersion (just what I was hoping).  My LTSx Max came with the 14 gram weight in the back and a 3 gram weight in the heel. This setup really makes the driver feel stable with no appreciable draw to speak of...it fades less than my usual ball flight and if you hit it square it does have a slight right to left ball flight.  Of course I can still make it go way right with a bad swing, but overall very happy with how this club performs.  Already feel more confident with the Cobra and love how it looks - I have the blue version and really looks great at address.

Edited by chasdr
spelling
  • Like 2

East Coast Bag:                                                  West Coast Bag:

G430MAX 10.5 GD Tour AD XC 5R                    G430MAX 10.5 GD Tour AD XC 5R

Gen6P 5W GD Tour AD XC 5R                           Gen6P 3W/7W GD Tour AD XC 5R

Gen6XF 4H/5H/6H GD Tour AD HY 65R.          Fli-Hi Hybrid 23*/26* GD Tour AD HY 65R

P770 '23 7-AW C-Taper LIte 105R                     P790 '23 6-AW C-Taper Lite 105R

MG4 55/59 TW C-Taper Lite 105R                    SM9 55S/59T C-Taper Lite 105R

SC Golo Jet Black                                               SC Golo

26 minutes ago, chasdr said:

Round 1 in the books and so far very impressed - definitely longer than my TSi2 (according to my Garmin about 5 to 10 yards longer) and seems to have a tighter dispersion (just what I was hoping).  My LTSx Max came with the 14 gram weight in the back and a 3 gram weight in the heel. This setup really makes the driver feel stable with no appreciable draw to speak of...it fades less than my usual ball flight and if you hit it square it does have a slight right to left ball flight.  Of course I can still make it go way right with a bad swing, but overall very happy with how this club performs.  Already feel more confident with the Cobra and love how it looks - I have the blue version and really looks great at address.

Looking forward to trying it out! The blue does look really sharp! 

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

Anyone has news on a lower lofted head ? I have to play at -1 D to get the face resembling flat. A 7.5 would be a nice addition for anyone who likes to play lower without an open face.

I know F9 are fade biased, are these also typically fade biased, other than the MAX?

TM Mini Brnr 9* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Attas 6Rockstar 6X

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.

12 hours ago, chasdr said:

Dang, Just saw this...so awesome and thanks for following-up with your report!

On 7/26/2021 at 6:51 PM, Ghostwedge said:

The King Forged Tec one lengths can't be improved. Most money irons I've ever hit. Shocked when I miss a green these days.

Would you recommend these for a 25 handicap.  I am hitting the F7s right now.  I am thinking about going with these.  

• Like 1

In the bag

10.5 degree Ping 400 | Stiff Ping Shaft 55 gram

5 - GW F7 Cobra variable | Regular Flex Steel

Titleist Vokey 56 degree F Grind 14 Bounce

Mizuno 60 S 18 Ion Blue 6 Bounce

Ping Harwood 2021 Putter

Ball Pro V1