2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Cobra 2022 Plans

hartrick11

37 minutes ago, Vlade15 said:

Same as any shaft.  "Pro" has a little bit better materials so it will play a little stiffer, have a little lower torque.  I currently play the Raw White, but it is the TX version which is different.  I would guess, flex for flex, that you would not see a ton of difference.  Pro would just feel *slightly* more stable.  Worth the $250 upcharge?  Probably not, imo.

Thanks, just trying to see if anyone has input to the similarity of their profiles. From what I can tell, the Raw AV doesn’t have the boron tip that they were using the past few years in the Pro? I really liked the Pro White with tip stiff profile but have never hit the Raw AV. 
Am hoping that someone has hit both but you’re right, likely not worth the extra. 

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

38 minutes ago, rmiller_ny said:

Just called them up and they DO have the components there for the new Cobra driver offerings to perform fittings, so tomorrow's appointment is on for my son. I would think most fitters have components on-hand or at least will shortly. 

I sold my SIM Max when I saw this thing...maybe not the smartest, but who cares? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

TSR2 3h w/ Ventus Blue 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58

Mezz Max CB w/ TPT

2nd swing just did a live test of all the new models out against each other using the same shaft. 

It's long, but worth watching. Cobra litdixles had the longest drive but probably the worst dispersion. Rogue st max had bad dispersion too. Cobra ltdx was solid. Rogue st max la was solid as was the triple diamond. Both stealths were solid as well and had the best dispersion. Stealth+ was best in dispersion by far. It was also the only head he couldn't quite square up so his spin rate was up around 2500 vs high teens for pretty much every other driver. He's not optimally fit in any of the heads. Everything is way too low spin except the stealth+ and he even noted that he needed to put stealth+ in upright to help close the face more. 

overall, good test and shows the drivers are all very, very close. Also showed me what I figured with that cobra litdixels...it won't be good for dispersion. However, I'd like to see that tests repeated with all drivers in better spin ranges

• Like 1

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

2nd swing just did a live test of all the new models out against each other using the same shaft. 

It's long, but worth watching. Cobra litdixles had the longest drive but probably the worst dispersion. Rogue st max had bad dispersion too. Cobra ltdx was solid. Rogue st max la was solid as was the triple diamond. Both stealths were solid as well and had the best dispersion. Stealth+ was best in dispersion by far. It was also the only head he couldn't quite square up so his spin rate was up around 2500 vs high teens for pretty much every other driver. He's not optimally fit in any of the heads. Everything is way too low spin except the stealth+ and he even noted that he needed to put stealth+ in upright to help close the face more. 

overall, good test and shows the drivers are all very, very close. Also showed me what I figured with that cobra litdixels...it won't be good for dispersion. However, I'd like to see that tests repeated with all drivers in better spin ranges

Were all things equal, loft shaft, shaft length? I’ll check it out tonight. 

10 minutes ago, boggyman said:

Were all things equal, loft shaft, shaft length? I’ll check it out tonight. 

Yes. They used a universal adapter like what club champion uses. Swapped shaft straight into each head. Same loft unless one of them is 9.5 rather than 9.0. Idk if cobra is 9 vs 9.5. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Pretty good test, was impressed with his consistency. The worst dispersrion with the LTDxLS was more due to him steppin on it and losing face control rather than any kind of unstableness. Both stealths had very consistent ball flights. The spike in spin with the plus made me nervous though especially after yesterday lol 🥴

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red4282 said:

Pretty good test, was impressed with his consistency. The worst dispersrion with the LTDxLS was more due to him steppin on it and losing face control rather than any kind of unstableness. Both stealths had very consistent ball flights. The spike in spin with the plus made me nervous though especially after yesterday lol 🥴

Stealth+ just needs to be tweaked. Shaft deflection is probably low with stealth+ design. All that weight forward on litdixels could suggest the same and may account for the 2 way miss...maybe he was feeling the litdixels lag and got active with his release...all conjecture. But it does show litdixels to be more punishing than other reviews have shown.

Good test tho. Best so far. 

16 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Stealth+ just needs to be tweaked. Shaft deflection is probably low with stealth+ design. All that weight forward on litdixels could suggest the same and may account for the 2 way miss...maybe he was feeling the litdixels lag and got active with his release...all conjecture. But it does show litdixels to be more punishing than other reviews have shown.

Good test tho. Best so far. 

I want to like what you're saying, but when you keep using litdixels (pronounced in my head as lit-dixels) instead of LTDx LS it grinds my gears. 

All else aside, I know I have all my eggs in the LTDx line basket, but I think his dispersion was him trying to hit bombs with the LS given the chat told them that would win. Could be wrong. 

• Like 2

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58

Mezz Max CB w/ TPT

3 minutes ago, KingKong said:

I want to like what you're saying, but when you keep using litdixels (pronounced in my head as lit-dixels) instead of LTDx LS it grinds my gears. 

All else aside, I know I have all my eggs in the LTDx line basket, but I think his dispersion was him trying to hit bombs with the LS given the chat told them that would win. Could be wrong. 

Lol. That alphabet soup naming from cobra is funky. Everytime I go to type LTD X LS I say "lit dixels" in my head. It stuck and now it's what I use...lol. 

Edited by getitdaily
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KingKong said:

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing one of these YouTube yahoos test the tuning ability in stealth+ and litdixels. 

14 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Agree, best test so far, stepping right into txgs vacated space. I think more than anything it showed they all are fast and efficent, callaways will be more draw biased, cobras pretty neutral, and TMS a little fade biased. Oh, strike is still king lol

That guy swings so hard at it and empties the tank on every swing.  I feel like I can see some hair fall out every time he makes contact.  Very violent downswing but he moves it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Red4282 said:

Agree, best test so far, stepping right into txgs vacated space. I think more than anything it showed they all are fast and efficent, callaways will be more draw biased, cobras pretty neutral, and TMS a little fade biased. Oh, strike is still king lol

Agree...but I personally think stealth is crashing the "strike is king" party. Not fully, but it's at least spiking the punch.

2 hours ago, rmiller_ny said:

For those who were thinking of a Stealth, I just (2:00 pm EST) got an email where you can now design custom colors for the Stealth driver...not just read anymore. Pretty cool: 

MyStealth Plus Driver | TaylorMade (taylormadegolf.com)

You may have taken a wrong turn as this is the Cobra thread 🙂  But an FYI, the MyStealth option has been there since the release last week and is only on the Stelth+ model.  But yeah, it's a pretty cool thing. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

16 hours ago, Andygolderson said:

I heard that Peacoat will be exclusive to U.S only.

Not just the US, North America as us Canucks also have the option for the Peacoat

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

16 hours ago, Andygolderson said:

I heard that Peacoat will be exclusive to U.S only.

duplicate

Edited by Cruisin1966

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

12 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

You may have taken a wrong turn as this is the Cobra thread 🙂  But an FYI, the MyStealth option has been there since the release last week and is only on the Stelth+ model.  But yeah, it's a pretty cool thing. 

I've not taken a wrong turn as I've been engaged on this thread for pages and pages. Don't take a simple mention and posting of a link the wrong way 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, rmiller_ny said:

I've not taken a wrong turn as I've been engaged on this thread for pages and pages. Don't take a simple mention and posting of a link the wrong way 

Sorry, it was meant to be funny,  thus the smily face.   it was just very random in the middle of the cobra thread, that's all!  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

I just custom ordered a single LTDX 4 iron from Cobra.com.  Cranked it up a degree to 17.5 and shortened shaft by a half inch.  Shaft selection for X shafts was almost nothing so ended with a KBS S-taper Lite shaft.  Super light for me but should be able to get some serious speed with it.  Fun experiment to see if I can get a cheap driving iron that is a fairway finder on short par 4s.  Will also be nice on long par 3s when wind is blowing 20 mph into my face.  Driving irons are expensive.  This is lofted the same and super forgiving for half the money.  We shall see.

Edited by reider69

2 hours ago, Cruisin1966 said:

Not just the US, North America as us Canucks also have the option for the Peacoat

sorry, generalising. Forgot the name for the continent that contains America....it really shouldn't be called "North"...America 😆

Anyway, only available in that large continent containing America. very typical patriotism moment, i hate when copanies do something like that to limit the audience of their product.

//rant over.

TM Mini Brnr 9* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

TM Mini Brnr 11.5* Attas 6Rockstar 7X

Callaway Rogue Max 5W Attas 6Rockstar 6X

Edel SMS Pro 5-P, One Length (8i) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

RC SG-10 wedges 50, 54, 58, 62 One Length (PW) Fujikura TRAVIL 115 X

All sorts of Toulon blade putters.

XXIO premium ball.

16 hours ago, KingKong said:

I was going to order pea coat until I found out it was a glossy top. I love the look of matte on a driver so went black. 

Can you just go all black?  I thought they only had the 2 color choices?  Or are you just talking about the top?  I was talking the bottom.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

23 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

Can you just go all black?  I thought they only had the 2 color choices?  Or are you just talking about the top?  I was talking the bottom.  

I chose the black color because the top is matte. The bottom is the same finish I’m sure. 

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58

Mezz Max CB w/ TPT