Titleist Pro V1 Left Dot Retail Release?

G-Bone

I missed them too. How annoying ๐Ÿ˜‚

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

ย 

Bettinardi BKS #1

The left dot is a great ball. It spins a little less on the driver and long irons, but the green side drop and stop is still there. I tend to spin the ball too much from 110 yards in and this ball has gives me better control. Thought about switching to the 2021 ProV1 this year, as it is the closest version to the dot so far, IMO. My guess is that the people who get their hands on a dozen or two will really enjoy them. I hope Titleist decides to offer this ball up as part of the regular lineup.ย 

22 minutes ago, Golf_LU said:

The left dot is a great ball. It spins a little less on the driver and long irons, but the green side drop and stop is still there. I tend to spin the ball too much from 110 yards in and this ball has gives me better control. Thought about switching to the 2021 ProV1 this year, as it is the closest version to the dot so far, IMO. My guess is that the people who get their hands on a dozen or two will really enjoy them. I hope Titleist decides to offer this ball up as part of the regular lineup.ย 

it will be very interesting to see if the Titleist community accepts this ball as "different" and it ends up either replacing the AVX. I am not sure the space between the AVX, Left Dot and Prov1 is big enough for all three......i can see the AVX going away at some point. It seems like such a niche ball....ive played it and like it but the Prov1 is just a much better all around ball.....most amateurs dont care about a 5 yard gain off the driver if the performance 50 yards and in is hard to control

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tsecor said:

it will be very interesting to see if the Titleist community accepts this ball as "different" and it ends up either replacing the AVX. I am not sure the space between the AVX, Left Dot and Prov1 is big enough for all three......i can see the AVX going away at some point. It seems like such a niche ball....ive played it and like it but the Prov1 is just a much better all around ball.....most amateurs dont care about a 5 yard gain off the driver if the performance 50 yards and in is hard to control

ย 

Agreed on the AVX.ย  I like everything about the ball except for the greenside performance.ย  ย It'sย too unpredictable on short game shots.ย  I made a mistake this year with the Titleist "Loyalty Rewarded" promo and went too far the other way and went with the Pro V1x.ย  For me, it's too firm and goes too high.ย  I had no idea the left dot was coming until I got the email from Titleist yesterday.ย  ย I wouldn't have bought two sleeves of Pro V1's the night before if I had.ย ๐Ÿ˜€

ย 

I live pretty close to the Titleist ball plant so I should actually receive the left dots today.ย  Looking forward to playing them this weekend and comparing to the AVX and the regular Pro V1.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2ย 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

i'm reluctant to switch to a ball that may be difficult to get at times.ย  tried the left dash and it definitely goes a bit further and I could force myself to get used to the feel probably but the idea of needing some in a pinch and not being able to find them worries me.ย  I'm not a fan of changing balls, prefer to stick to one exclusively.ย ย 

ย 

Also, I overheard the pro at our club trying to explain the differences between the 5 premium balls Titleist offers yesterday.ย  It was way over complicated.ย  IMO just say both models (prov1 and prov1x) have a lower spin version and the avx is a low spin/launch super soft ball that works best for high spin/low speed players.ย  done.ย ย 

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 43"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDXย  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8ย 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

I think they could have 4 premium balls, ProV1, ProV1x, Left Dash and Left Dot as they are just different enough. The AVX gets lost in the grouping of four above I think. ProV1 seems to me to be the one that touches a little bit on everything. If you want a more firm ball that still gets tons of spin it's the ProV1x. If you want a super firm ball that runs out (and I can't get to stop from a green side bunker) it's the left dash. The Left Dot is just a little less spinny than the ProV1. It might be a touch firmer than the ProV1, but it doesn't feel anything like the Left Dash.ย 

• Like 1

In the past, Titleist has said that they thought the AVX and the ProV1 would be better t

39 minutes ago, tsecor said:

If it's really close to the AVX, I imagine that those who like a softer ball will probably stick with the AVX.ย  In this article below from the when the left dash was released, seems like Titleist believed that the left dot would be more niche than the AVX at that time.ย  We shall see if that changes at all.

ย 

(See the last paragraph)

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/09/10/here-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-titleist-pro-v1x-left-dash-golf-ball-equipment.html

That was fast.ย  ย Less than 24 hours from order to delivery.ย 

IMG_20210902_100328.jpg

IMG_20210902_100343~2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

Yeah getting rid of the AVX line and having different models of ProV may be where they're heading.ย 

1 hour ago, cardigan said:

In the past, Titleist has said that they thought the AVX and the ProV1 would be better t

If it's really close to the AVX, I imagine that those who like a softer ball will probably stick with the AVX.ย  In this article below from the when the left dash was released, seems like Titleist believed that the left dot would be more niche than the AVX at that time.ย  We shall see if that changes at all.

ย 

(See the last paragraph)

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/09/10/here-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-titleist-pro-v1x-left-dash-golf-ball-equipment.html

I feel the naming comes into play.....Prov on everything else premium......AVX by itself....

ย 

if you haveย 

ย 

Prov1 left dot

Prov1ย 

Prov1x

Prov1 left dash

ย 

it all aligns with marketing and peoples minds....throw in Prov1 star and you add a 5th

ย 

then you have the non-premium line up with all the other names like Tour Speed ect.

ย 

ย 

Edited by tsecor

18 minutes ago, tsecor said:

I feel the naming comes into play.....Prov on everything else premium......AVX by itself....

ย 

if you haveย 

ย 

Prov1 left dot

Prov1ย 

Prov1x

Prov1 left dash

ย 

it all aligns with marketing and peoples minds....throw in Prov1 star and you add a 5th

ย 

then you have the non-premium line up with all the other names like Tour Speed ect.

ย 

ย 

Actually itโ€™s

prov1 left dot

prov1

prov1x

prov1x left dash.ย 
ย 

more straightforwardย 

Driver:ย Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22ย Rogue ST LS 16.5ย  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI:ย Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OGย 0211ย  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges:ย Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Midย 

Putter:ย DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball:ย Srixon Z-star XV

ย 

ย 

The dude who runs golfballguts is confident this is the same ProV from 2013. I guess the line on the side is something that's filed with the USGA confirming body and it's not something that can be reused willy nilly. I don't see any issue with them introducing a ball that fits a hole in their lineup and I don't think he was saying that either. Just thought it was interesting. It's like they have vintages of balls

31 minutes ago, tsecor said:

ย 

if you haveย 

ย 

Prov1 left dot

Prov1ย 

Prov1x

Prov1 left dash

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Some of itย may come down to whether or not they intend to bring the left dot and dash into their release cycle (and add yellow) or plan to keep them as-is.ย  Also, I have no idea what kind of sales numbers they get with the AVX.ย  It may do well enough to stand on it's own as a soft, non-tour ball at a premium price (because people are willing to pay).

3 minutes ago, hwturner17 said:

The dude who runs golfballguts is confident this is the same ProV from 2013. I guess the line on the side is something that's filed with the USGA confirming body and it's not something that can be reused willy nilly. I don't see any issue with them introducing a ball that fits a hole in their lineup and I don't think he was saying that either. Just thought it was interesting. It's like they have vintages of balls

That was discussed in previous posts.ย  Left dot has the 2013 markings and left dash has the 2017 markings.ย  Since they appear to have been available to players as CPO options and used on tour they "should" be pretty much the same ball as when the first came out.ย  We've seen that there may be some wiggle room with that though.ย  Costco came out with a V2 of theirย 3pc Kirkland ball but it has the exact same marking as the V1.ย  I guess some slight tweaking may be allowed if it doesn't significantly change theย ball.ย  Probably other cases where a ball is tweaked mid cycle without changing the markings for stuff like durability issues.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tsecor said:

wow.....hoping to get home to see them on my front porch.....still do not have a ship notification though

I didn't get the shipping notification from Titleist until after they were delivered.ย  I knew they were coming because I got an email directly from Fedex.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hwturner17 said:

Here is his insta post.....he is asking the question but unsure that he "is confident"......seems like he is trying to create a little drama for himself.

ย 

golf_ball_guts

Titleist dropped the Left Dot ProV1 today, for some reason they used the side marker arrows from 2013. I wonder if that is when this ball was first available on tour and hasnโ€™t changed since then. They claim this ball flies lower then the normal ProV1

Edited by tsecor

4 minutes ago, Scrubby said:

So if you had toย make a list of Titleist urethane balls, from most spin to least spin, would it be this?

ย 

1.ย  Pro V1x

2. Pro V1x Left Dash

3. Pro V1

4. Pro V1 Left Dot

5. AVX

6. Tour Speed

In the MGS test (which has all but the left dot), it varies by club and swing speed.

ย 

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/golfspy.t/viz/MyGolfSpy2021GolfBallTest/2021GolfBallData

19 minutes ago, Scrubby said:

So if you had toย make a list of Titleist urethane balls, from most spin to least spin, would it be this?

ย 

1.ย  Pro V1x

2. Pro V1x Left Dash

3. Pro V1

4. Pro V1 Left Dot

5. AVX

6. Tour Speed

ย 

My understanding that according to overall SPIN (high to low), it goes this way

ย 

1. Pro V1x

2. Pro V1

3. Pro V1x Left Dash

4. Pro V1 Left Dot

5. AVX

ย 

ย 

In terms of LAUNCH (high to low):

ย 

1. Pro V1x Left Dash

2. Pro V1x (maybe equal with left dash?)

3.ย Pro V1

4. Pro V1 Left Dot

5. AVX

ย 

In terms of COMPRESSION (high to low):

ย 

1. Pro V1x Left Dash

2. Pro V1xย 

3.ย Pro V1 Left Dot

4.ย Pro V1

5. AVX

ย 

Someone correct me if I'm off base here.

1 hour ago, tsecor said:

Here is his insta post.....he is asking the question but unsure that he "is confident"......seems like he is trying to create a little drama for himself.

ย 

golf_ball_guts

Titleist dropped the Left Dot ProV1 today, for some reason they used the side marker arrows from 2013. I wonder if that is when this ball was first available on tour and hasnโ€™t changed since then. They claim this ball flies lower then the normal ProV1

ย 

I don't think they are exactly the same ball - close but not exactly the same.ย  I still have a sleeve of the 2013 Pro V1 - only used them for indoor putting on a PuttOut mat in my house.ย  Comparing the left dot and the 2013 Pro V1 - the side markings are similar, though darker on the left dot; the dimple pattern appears to be very close, if not the same between the two; but the feel is different off the putter as the left dot is softer feeling than the 2013 Pro V1.ย  Left dot and current Pro V1 are close in terms of feel, but the 2013 Pro V1 is a bit firmer than both of them.

ย 

I did a putting test with all of the versions of the balls that I have.ย ย If I had to rank, from softest to firmest:ย 

ย 

AVX => Left Dot => 2021 Pro V1 => 2013 Pro V1 => 2021 Pro V1x

Edited by dwboston

12 minutes ago, dwboston said:

ย 

I don't think they are exactly the same ball - close but not exactly the same.ย  I still have a sleeve of the 2013 Pro V1 - only used them for indoor putting on a PuttOut mat in my house.ย  Comparing the left dot and the 2013 Pro V1 - the side markings are similar, though darker on the left dot; the dimple pattern appears to be very close, if not the same between the two; but the feel is different off the putter as the left dot is softer feeling than the 2013 Pro V1.ย  Left dot and current Pro V1 are close in terms of feel, but the 2013 Pro V1 is a bit firmer than both of them.

ย 

I did a putting test with all of the versions of the balls that I have.ย ย If I had to rank, from softest to firmest:ย 

ย 

AVX => Left Dot => 2021 Pro V1 => 2013 Pro V1 => 2021 Pro V1x

I bet this irritation was available for the tourย in 2013 and thatโ€™s the reason for the marking similarity. Just a guess.ย 
ย 

It seems like the tour version of the AVX. If the AVX had greater success on your I doubt they would make this release.ย 
ย 

From the sound of it this ball would fit my game perfectly and Iโ€™m currently using the Tour BX.ย 
ย 

Finau uses this ball:

ย 

ย 

SIM 8* Ventus Black 7x
Ping G25 3 woodย Diamana D+ย X

NLU 18* DI Ventus Black 10X
Muira 1957 4-PW X100 120
Vokey SM8 M 50*/Vokey SM4 S 56*/Vokey SM8 T 60*
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 35โ€ย 
Tour BX S

Theย 2013 Titleist Pro V1ย is the softest Pro V1 golf ball Titleist have ever produced. Designed to offer improved driver and long-game performance and a shallower angle of descent that produces more roll, the 353-dimple 3-piece Pro V1 has also seen some cosmetic enhancements to maintain that out-of-the-box appearance longer.

ย 

ย 

The left dot has one less dimple than the 2013 prov1 and the same core as the 2013 prov1X

ย 

Soft Cast Urethene Elastomer Cover System

Fast Low Spin Casing Layer

High Gradient ZG Process Core

Spherically-Tiles 352 Tetrahedral Dimple Design