Anyone Have An Idea of What TM’s Driver Plans Are for 2022?

BCC1898

Got to run the stealth through the paces. Hit well over 100 balls trying different configurations and shafts. These were the final two driver sets of the session. I love the look, feel, and sound of the Stealth. The Sim2 was my favorite looking, feeling, and sounding club until today.

I wanted the regular Stealth to be the winner but the plus just performed better. Stealth was more apt to over draw on me. More than likely I'll make the jump to the Stealth plus but keep the sim 2 as a backup. Will probably lighten the front weight and move that weight to the back for a bit of stability. 

Screenshot_20220116-170858.png

• Like 2

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

8 minutes ago, DeCuchi said:

That’s quite the miss. Probably some newb destroying a demo club. I don’t think any driver is designed to take shots like that.

Don't know the guy but if he's playing an 8* standard setting, probably has some swing speed. But at the end of the day, even if it was a miss hit right on the heel, don't expect it to crack like that though. To be fair, we are guessing the shot that caused that crack...

I've hit both heel and toe of my SIMs, nothing happened but I'm only a mere mortal 104 SS.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1 minute ago, SwingBlues said:

Don't know the guy but if he's playing an 8* standard setting, probably has some swing speed. But at the end of the day, even if it was a miss hit right on the heel, don't expect it to crack like that though. I've hit both heel and toe of my SIMs, nothing happened but I'm only a mere mortal 104 SS.

That’s not just a heel shot though. That’s a completely miss the face type of shot. And if it’s a demo, who knows what kind of abuse it has taken. 

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

🙄 not sure if this was posted earlier or not but...

FB has 1 report on what appears to be a cracked 8.0* Stealth+ in the area between the bore hole where you tighten the screw and the face.

For reference: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3046896595528342&set=p.3046896595528342&type=3

Any pics to share?

1 minute ago, Nihonsei75 said:

Any pics to share?

That’s the pic from that post. Doesn’t look like a break from “normal” usage lol. 9F290945-4742-40B3-9DE6-C3983733A158.png.fdbab4d0a109a12ebcd01ce516af1de7.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

1 minute ago, getitdaily said:

Looks to me like someone hit a bad one and slammed it on a tee marker...

Looks indented like it hit something there. But good fodder to claim there’s durability issues I guess haha. 

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

12 minutes ago, radiman said:

That’s the pic from that post. Doesn’t look like a break from “normal” usage lol. 9F290945-4742-40B3-9DE6-C3983733A158.png.fdbab4d0a109a12ebcd01ce516af1de7.png

Thank you sir! That's looks really gnarly, as if the Ti just exploded in between the bend and the clubface frame. Is it possible to cause that through compression? I guess a club slam. I have this pic from Golfmyway or mygolfway with the frame exposed, doesn't look weak enough to have it split outwards.?

TM-Stealth-Driver- face and clubhead frame.jpg

11 minutes ago, Nihonsei75 said:

Thank you sir! That's looks really gnarly, as if the Ti just exploded in between the bend and the clubface frame. Is it possible to cause that through compression? I guess a club slam. I have this pic from Golfmyway or mygolfway with the frame exposed, doesn't look weak enough to have it split outwards.?

TM-Stealth-Driver- face and clubhead frame.jpg

All drivers have that same spot just as exposed. The faces are welded in place. This frame is all titanium I believe so it’s not any mor susceptible to whatever happened to it than anything else would be. 

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

27 minutes ago, radiman said:

Looks indented like it hit something there. But good fodder to claim there’s durability issues I guess haha. 

Definitely, anyone who can't handle the weak construction of the stealth due to their tour level clubhead speed is just ahead of their time. I will take it off their hands for a small fee to prevent anyone from dealing with the anguish of dealing with a customer service rep before this happens to their clubhead. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, radiman said:

I have a high follow through at times, and at CC I whacked the beam above me on my first swing and dented my M1. Maybe that could have happened? My dent wasn't near the face like this Stealth was though

Screenshot_20220116-170200_Photos.jpg

Edited by enickma

On 1/15/2022 at 11:17 AM, Red4282 said:

Cutting 2 inches off will take off approximately 12 swingweight points. Thats alot to overcome. You would need 24 grams to counter that. 

Just an amendment here, while the variable grams per SW point based on length can usually be fudged a little bit with the 2g per point rule of thumb, we don't want to do that with the extremes (longest and shortest clubs in the bag). It's around 1.6g per SW point at standard driver lengths which comes out to 19g of additional weight.

• Like 4

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

9 hours ago, Lemonde said:

You and I have the same experiment going on here, check out my sig. My SS is about 110 with a quick release and I still find the red to be plenty anti left in an untipped setup for both shafts I have. 

I may have missed it but how’s your launch and spin with the red and what’s  your typical AoA?

3 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

🙄 not sure if this was posted earlier or not but...

FB has 1 report on what appears to be a cracked 8.0* Stealth+ in the area between the bore hole where you tighten the screw and the face.

For reference: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3046896595528342&set=p.3046896595528342&type=3

Looks like a hack missed the entire face and hit it on the extreme heel of the golf club. Not a club on the market that wouldn’t dent if it was hit there.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1 minute ago, pnwbeamer said:

Would TM replace that driver?

They would probably go above and beyond to replace that. 

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

33 minutes ago, Canthelion said:

"high follow through" is a new one. That's what I'm gonna tell my wife when I launch a mf into the woods next time I explain why I need a new driver and see if it works.

I'm 6'5, and they had the mat right under this low level structure beam. It was a first for all involved 🤷

18 hours ago, enickma said:

Has anyone hit the Stealth+ indoors and kinda scratched their heads at some of the readings, but then were able to hit it outdoors and it provided more consistent feedback/results? I went back to Seal Beach Roger Dunn tonight. I brought in my tz5 shaft. My back was a bit better tonight, so I went after it more. On some shots that were flush, they went nowhere. Others that were poor strikes went too far. These 2 for example. 1.41 efficiency, 163 ball speed, pulled draw 1684 spin that carries 302? Not. A. Chance that equates. 1.48, 171 ball speed, 2800 spin that carried 15 yards less than the other? At one point I hit 3 in a row solid that felt identical, and they were all different... Sometimes by 1000rpms. I thought "this doesn't make sense". I'm not sure what they use, I think they have gc quads there, and it seems like it's having a hard time reading it. I put my M1 in at the end, and it read it just fine. The good shots went as normal, the bad shots went like I expected at contact. I'm kinda conflicted at the moment over this club, and wish I could hit it and compare outdoors. Am I alone in this? 

20220115_231759-COLLAGE.jpg

These numbers look what I would expect considering the flight conditions.

1st is a dead pull, straight ball with very low spin, that launched high, probably because you hit it high(er) on the face.

2nd is a pull fade that started 5* LEFT, and ended 12 yards right of center. Ball speeds probably indicates you hit in the middle, but the higher spin and spin axis would definitely go shorter than the first.

The one known fact with Foresight's ball flight algorithm is that it has a tendency to overstate carry distance on lower spinning shots (like your first). But nothing in these numbers seems to indicate any issues with the launch monitor.

What's your AOA typically, do you know?

Edited by gibbiesmalls

12 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

These numbers look what I would expect considering the flight conditions.

1st is a dead pull, straight ball with very low spin, that launched high, probably because you hit it high(er) on the face.

2nd is a pull fade that started 5* LEFT, and ended 12 yards right of center. Ball speeds probably indicates you hit in the middle, but the higher spin and spin axis would definitely go shorter than the first.

The one known fact with Foresight's ball flight algorithm is that it has a tendency to overstate carry distance on lower spinning shorts (like your first).

What's your AOA typically, do you know?

Not really. I don't hit off LM very often. I am trying to hit more up, get that ideal carry and flight. I've moved the ball more towards my front foot. I used to have the ball in the middle and hit low bullets

Just now, enickma said:

Not really. I don't hit off LM very often. I am trying to hit more up, get that ideal carry and flight. I've moved the ball more towards my front foot. I used to have the ball in the middle and hit low bullets

I ask because if I were to guess based on those 2 pics of those 2 shots... if I was asked to guess.. I would say you probably don't hit up on the ball much (if at all), and your swing direction is probably left to counteract the fact that your face (on those 2 shots) was many degrees closed to the target (0*)at impact producing fades when it works and straight pulls when it doesn't.

Launch/Start direction (horizontally) is influenced much more by the club face at impact, rather than club path (about 4:1) 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gibbiesmalls said:

I ask because if I were to guess based on those 2 pics of those 2 shots... if I was asked to guess.. I would say you probably don't hit up on the ball much (if at all), and your swing direction is probably left to counteract the fact that your face (on those 2 shots) was many degrees closed to the target (0*)at impact producing fades when it works and straight pulls when it doesn't.

Launch/Start direction (horizontally) is influenced much more by the club face at impact, rather than club path (about 4:1) 

I come from the inside. Years of baseball. I don't have the flexibility that I used to, so I'm trying to work on my swing path. Kinda late in the game to do it, but getting stuck blocking to the right is becoming more common as a miss. I'm getting over an injury, so I really shouldn't be swinging at all. I'm compensating, and swinging like garbage. But it's a shiney new toy so... 

Edited by enickma
  • Like 1

Phil’s response I saw on Twitter a while back regarding foresight’s carry numbers…C884B762-F063-4E26-8B5B-A0386D8FFDA5.jpeg.36d7af470ca4045cfe2d348d7034d55d.jpeg

I have a GC3 and I get the same inflated numbers on low spin shots.  I wish they would just work on their algorithms but as long as you know they are pumped up on low spin shots you can figure about far they would actually fly.  Popped into a golf galaxy today and hit the stealth plus+ today with the kai’li white in 60x.  Shaft feels pretty loose to me.  I game a rogue white 130 in 70tx tipped 1 1/4” so most feel loose to me.  Didn’t hit many great shots with it but I didn't have a glove and couldn’t really let it rip.  Sound is nice…seems dull to me and the soft feeling face is actually something I like.  TSi3 might’ve felt and sounded a bit better.  Looking forward to trying it a bit more at a local fitting end of the month where I’ll have my GC3 and normal golf balls.  They wouldn’t even let me see ball speed or spin at GG said I would need to book a $99 fitting for that.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, getitdaily said:

I've seen weirdness from a gcquad before. Either it was set to read an iron or it needs a reboot. 

I've seen a quad display one set of numbers and then the software on the TV display another set of numbers. 

You don't need to set it to read any specific club or reset it - it's not a Mevo or some other lower end unit. In terms of differences in outputs between GCQ screen vs FSX, it's exactly how it should be. GCQ is providing numbers based on its barometer and FSX provides numbers based on chosen settings/conditions.

• Like 1

I know MyStealth is an option (though only for Stealth+ heads), but do you think there is any way for an aftermarket change to the face color?  Anyway one of the custom shops could stain/dye the face to not have be red?

I only ask because say Stealth is the better head for me, but there is no custom option currently for that head, and the red face is not really my cup of tea...

Just now, Daveg023 said:

I know MyStealth is an option (though only for Stealth+ heads), but do you think there is any way for an aftermarket change to the face color?  Anyway one of the custom shops could stain/dye the face to not have be red?

I only ask because say Stealth is the better head for me, but there is no custom option currently for that head, and the red face is not really my cup of tea...

I highly doubt it. There's a polymer on the face that they'd have to remove. Without that polymer, the face will be wildly different. 

• easyyy unfeatured this topic