2021 Titleist irons delivery times?

jjfcpa

On 1/13/2022 at 12:26 PM, GolfNasty said:

Ordered 4-GW of the T100's with AMT Black S300 shafts on Sept 25. Just got the clubs yesterday. Well worth the wait.

IMG_6790.jpg.c7c9c1f16551204546c5e89407a76bbf.jpg

That is great to see - stunning.  Any concerns the clubs have been made backwards?!?  Kidding, just grew up with a LH dad and I was a RH - could never share.  Made for fun times when we'd swap bags for a hole during matchplay.

Edited by PhilH930

9 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

That is great to see - stunning.  Any concerns the clubs have been made backwards?!?  Kidding, just grew up with a LH dad and I was a RH - could never share.  Made for fun times when we'd swap bags for a hole during matchplay.

Thanks. My son (5 years old) is RH so we will definitely have to try that when he is a bit older.

8 hours ago, spike said:

I was in contact with KBS shafts today, and was told not to expect stock until late March early April 

for their shafts

US? What was your original order and last update date?

I have a Sept 1 order of T200s with KBS Tour 105 S and the last date I had was shafts arriving end of Dec (forget the exact date) and when I've asked for an update from my (Titleist in house) fitter at the start of this month has been radio silent the last two weeks.

Received the remainder of my order today, 2 days over quoted 10 wk delivery time.

Received the gap wedge a while back about a week after I notified them to change the specs on it.

Received the remainder of the order within 2 weeks after I inquired about estimated delivery. (Was told at this time mid Feb. delivery)

If it helps here are specs

T100S 5-Gw

AMT Black s300

Stock GP grip 3 wraps

1/4” short 

2* flat

Might be just a coincidence but I received clubs fairly soon after contacting Titleist each time or things might be loosening up a bit.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Also no notification, they just showed up. Titleist site still has my order listed as “ Being Processed”

Edited by wayne18
  • Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* 

Cobra Tec 19* 
Titleist 818 H1   21*
Cobra Forged Tec 2022 Kbs $ taper stiff

Titleist SM8 54*- 58* TT AMT Black s300

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s
Maxfli Tour 2023

12 minutes ago, wayne18 said:

Received the remainder of my order today, 2 days over quoted 10 wk delivery time.

Received the gap wedge a while back about a week after I notified them to change the specs on it.

Received the remainder of the order within 2 weeks after I inquired about estimated delivery. (Was told at this time mid Feb. delivery)

If it helps here are specs

T100S 5-Gw

AMT Black s300

Stock GP grip 3 wraps

1/4” short 

2* flat

Might be just a coincidence but I received clubs fairly soon after contacting Titleist each time or things might be loosening up a bit.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Also no notification, they just showed up. Titleist site still has my order list as “ Being Processed”

Stock grip as in gp tour velvet 360? I ordered t100 with same shaft and hoping they show up soon. 

4 minutes ago, Jim E said:

Stock grip as in gp tour velvet 360? I ordered t100 with same shaft and hoping they show up soon. 

Yes, Stock GP Tour Velvet 360. Not my preference but ordered it thinking it would speed up delivery.

Edited by wayne18
  • Like 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* 

Cobra Tec 19* 
Titleist 818 H1   21*
Cobra Forged Tec 2022 Kbs $ taper stiff

Titleist SM8 54*- 58* TT AMT Black s300

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s
Maxfli Tour 2023

I just put in an order today for the following Combo Set.  

T100s - 7-GW

T200 - 5-6

Mitsubishi Tensei AV White shafts (stiff)

Stock Grip

Standard Length

1* up

My fitter was given an estimated delivery date of Feb 25th which seems  very unrealistic.  I’m hoping they come in before golf league starts on April 7th.  When I build them online it gives a 10 week lead time.  My quote from fitter came in  about $115 dollars less than online as well.   I was quoted $185 a club while online shows $186 a club plus $16 per club upcharge for shaft.  I’ll come back to this thread to report any changes in dates and when they finally arrive. 

Edited by jeff1727
Edit

15 hours ago, KParks said:

US? What was your original order and last update date?

I have a Sept 1 order of T200s with KBS Tour 105 S and the last date I had was shafts arriving end of Dec (forget the exact date) and when I've asked for an update from my (Titleist in house) fitter at the start of this month has been radio silent the last two weeks

I made my order for heads on Sept 11, my rep was going to get the shafts direct from KBS. He tells me the heads are at Titleist, but no shafts, we are trying to figure out alternatives at this point. I was in contact with KBS directly and was told they have literally no stock and won't be  re supplying manufacturers till Mar-Apr. Maybe Titleist has some stock still but I am not counting on it. At this point I am assuming KBS shafts are off the table for my build unless I want to wait into the new season. 

My current situation and what I was told by my Titleist rep yesterday:

Ordered mid Oct 

T100s 8-GW PX 6.0 extended 3/4 inch

T200s 4-7 same shaft as above.

I was told 8-10 weeks so expected around Christmas.  The T100s came in after 6 weeks!  Great surprise and they're indeed awesome!

T200 heads were the hold up and was told they expected shipment of heads first week of January.  That shipment didn't arrive until yesterday 1/18.  Of course, now they're waiting on my shafts which they're expecting to deliver 1/27.  If all this works out I should expect my clubs early - mid Feb. (4 months)

Something he said that I was unaware of - due to my extended shafts, Titleist makes those heads a tiny bit lighter in weight than the stock head due to the shaft.  This is apart of the hold up he claims.  He says my heads are set aside and waiting on shafts so I sure am hoping he's right.

I will update when they arrive!  

1 hour ago, Peezy said:

Ordered mid Oct 

I was told 8-10 weeks so expected around Christmas.  The T100s came in after 6 weeks!  Great surprise and they're indeed awesome!

T200 heads were the hold up and was told they expected shipment of heads first week of January.  That shipment didn't arrive until yesterday 1/18.  Of course, now they're waiting on my shafts which they're expecting to deliver 1/27.  If all this works out I should expect my clubs early - mid Feb. (4 months)

Something he said that I was unaware of - due to my extended shafts, Titleist makes those heads a tiny bit lighter in weight than the stock head due to the shaft.  This is apart of the hold up he claims.  He says my heads are set aside and waiting on shafts so I sure am hoping he's right.

“Something he said that I was unaware of - due to my extended shafts, Titleist makes those heads a tiny bit lighter in weight than the stock head due to the shaft.”

I’ve heard this before and didn’t really believe it. How does this work? How do they make a head lighter without affecting its design and how it was built to perform? 

1 hour ago, Jim E said:

“Something he said that I was unaware of - due to my extended shafts, Titleist makes those heads a tiny bit lighter in weight than the stock head due to the shaft.”

I’ve heard this before and didn’t really believe it. How does this work? How do they make a head lighter without affecting its design and how it was built to perform? 

Great question.  I have no clue! 

11 hours ago, spike said:

I made my order for heads on Sept 11, my rep was going to get the shafts direct from KBS. He tells me the heads are at Titleist, but no shafts, we are trying to figure out alternatives at this point. I was in contact with KBS directly and was told they have literally no stock and won't be  re supplying manufacturers till Mar-Apr. Maybe Titleist has some stock still but I am not counting on it. At this point I am assuming KBS shafts are off the table for my build unless I want to wait into the new season. 

I was told last week to hold off on changing shafts, KBS was supposed to be hitting a PO on Monday (17th) but had been missing some so to wait and see. Hoping this isn't the case. I'm ready to get my set

5 hours ago, Peezy said:

Ordered mid Oct 

I'm glad you got your clubs!! I'm not sure why I'm still having to wait... I ordered 9/9/21 620MB's with PX 6.0 shaft. I've been told the delay is the shafts, which you just received. Going on 20 weeks of waiting and no updates or information from Titleist. I was originally quoted at 6 weeks....

5 hours ago, Jim E said:

they will get lighter heads from factory. If they don't have those, they drill out the hosel

Edited by m_w

I'm considering ordering some T100S in the next few weeks.  I'm not in any particular hurry because I still have my old set and it's not going to be warm enough to play here for awhile anyway.  But I'm not necessarily looking to get them mid-summer either.  Does anyone have a sense of what shafts/grips are likely not to cause any additional delay at this point?

Just now, mmanning said:

I'm considering ordering some T100S in the next few weeks.  I'm not in any particular hurry because I still have my old set and it's not going to be warm enough to play here for awhile anyway.  But I'm not necessarily looking to get them mid-summer either.  Does anyone have a sense of what shafts/grips are likely not to cause any additional delay at this point?

Any graphite shaft and any Winn grip or no grip

14 hours ago, spike said:

There are loads of KBS shafts here in Australia. If you can source them yourself, can they be used in the build? I have a couple of reputable eBay/web stores I can link you to if you're interested. Just let me know which shafts you're looking for and I'll see what I can find. The one store I have in mind (not affiliated, just a happy customer) sends shaft sets to the US for around $AUD60 - and there's no trouble getting air freight across the ditch at the moment.

Edit: I'm also finding a bunch of KBS shafts which are supposed to be in stock on a few North American retailers's websites. Tour, $ Taper, C Taper, etc.

Edited by steventoo

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

15 minutes ago, Jim E said:

How are they lighter? What does the factory do to make them lighter? It takes 2 grams to equal 1 swing weight. Factory tolerances can’t be that much.

most likely drill heads at factory. Nothing new - mizuno calls them "B" heads. When you order over length clubs, you get these heads to keep SW in range.

I play D5 with 1/2" over length. When I order clubs, I always tell the manufacturer to not use lighter / B heads. that way if I sell them or cut them down, they are still D2 ish without adding weight back to the tips

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, evets10000 said:

most likely drill heads at factory. Nothing new - mizuno calls them "B" heads. When you order over length clubs, you get these heads to keep SW in range.

I play D5 with 1/2" over length. When I order clubs, I always tell the manufacturer to not use lighter / B heads. that way if I sell them or cut them down, they are still D2 ish without adding weight back to the tips

This exactly 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim E said:

It’s more or less just manufacturing tolerances with brands like titleist honestly, they do not swing weight as complex as some other brands. They bucket the heads as they come in and tip weight almost every iron in every set to get to swing weight. This means every head is actually lighter than the swing weight denotes, as it gives them flexibility. A side note, if your order multiple vokey wedges in the same order they will match the swingweight to together. If you order separate you get what you get. I have been a titleist player at +1/2” length my whole life, and often had swings weights in the upper D’s or even an E range one time. Very heavy clubs in some cases and thy couldn’t do anything about it based on the length and math. 

Edited by drscott266
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

It’s more or less just manufacturing tolerances with brands like titleist honestly, they do not swing weight as complex as some other brands. They bucket the heads as they come in and tip weight almost every iron in every set to get to swing weight. This means every head is actually lighter than the swing weight denotes, as it gives them flexibility. A side note, if your order multiple vokey wedges in the same order they will match the swingweight to together. If you order separate you get what you get. I have been a titleist player at +1/2” length my whole life, and often had swings weights in the upper D’s or even an E range one time. Very heavy clubs in some cases and thy couldn’t do anything about it based on the length and math. 

This is all very interesting.  I appreciate you filling us in. 

Just received a FedEx notification that my clubs will arrive Sunday. 

T300's with Nippon Modus Tour 105 stiff shafts. 

They did contact me in the last week that only Tour Velvet and Tour Velvet Align grips were all that was available. 

They were ordered on September 8th. 

Edited by Cdwyer43

Ordered T300 irons on 5-9-21 through Golf Galaxy. After receiving three different fictitious delivery dates, all of which came and went with no clubs being delivered!

Have e-mailed Titleist and called Golf Galaxy to no avail. These clubs were paid for when ordered. Am beginning to believe that this was nothing more that a $1000.00 Scam!!

8 hours ago, Charlie A said:

Ordered T300 irons on 5-9-21 through Golf Galaxy. After receiving three different fictitious delivery dates, all of which came and went with no clubs being delivered!

Have e-mailed Titleist and called Golf Galaxy to no avail. These clubs were paid for when ordered. Am beginning to believe that this was nothing more that a $1000.00 Scam!!

Very odd that T300s take that long - they seem to be pretty quick and lots of retailers even have them in stock. I would call GG and ask for the Titleist order number and then contact Titleist directly to see what's up. This sounds like a shaft or grip issue more than anything. The T300 heads are definitely not backordered