LPGA Purses and Endorsements

18majors

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

The most famous was one of the freestyle skiers who had his own business to run while training, and since that didn't match up with the federation's "plan", they said he couldn't compete for them.  So he told them F you, took up Australian citizenship and then went and won a gold medal on Canadian soil.  And good on him.  

We don't know the details or background of what REALLY happened....look at Kallie Humphries winning gold for the US in bobsled.

12 hours ago, 18majors said:

Chevron announced $10.0 billion stock buy-back this year, up from $5.0 billion previously stated.

It's a bit late to increase the purse this year; but hopefully they'll increase the purse to at least $8.0 million when they move the Championship to Houston next year.

It would be a lot cooler if they left the purse alone and dropped their fuel prices instead. 😁👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 18majors said:

Chevron announced $10.0 billion stock buy-back this year, up from $5.0 billion previously stated.

It's a bit late to increase the purse this year; but hopefully they'll increase the purse to at least $8.0 million when they move the Championship to Houston next year.

Chevon CFO at the AGM addressing shareholders.

"Increasing the 2023 Chevron Championship purse was one of our key initiatives why we decided to double our guidance on share buybacks up to $10B."

🤣

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ChronicSlicer said:

It would be a lot cooler if they left the purse alone and dropped their fuel prices instead. 😁👍

Gas prices are OUT OF CONTROL here in Vancouver.

We have seen daily prices increases of about 8 cents a day per litre.

It's expected to climb to $2.10 Cdn $/litre by Sunday.... or an equivalent of $6.28 US $ for a US gallon....WTH.

I drove to play golf today...if I can find a tee time for Sunday ( it's near impossible to find tee times here...especially at the muni's...who have not Covid PRICE GOUGED)....I'll likely take the bus...WTF.

Hopefully Larry David is not on the same bus to harass me....yes the woman is speaking Cantonese.🤣

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, KBong said:

It's expected to climb to $2.10 Cdn $/litre by Sunday.... or an equivalent of $6.28 US $ for a US gallon....WTH.

I drove to play golf today...if I can find a tee time for Sunday ( it's near impossible to find tee times here...especially at the muni's...who have not Covid PRICE GOUGED)....I'll likely take the bus...WTF.

Hopefully Larry David is not on the same bus to harass me....yes the woman is speaking Cantonese.🤣

And they all caught covid from sitting next to each other with no masks.

Make an episode out of that Larry!

• Haha 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

On 3/2/2022 at 8:44 AM, 18majors said:

Not sure if you are familiar with the concept of a pimple on an elephant's butt.  It basically describes the LPGA sponsorship's importance in Chevron's decisions.

I'm anti-stock buyback, but not in the sense of "maybe they can increase sponsorships instead."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KBong said:

I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday in my RV Park in Austin. He has a 5th wheel and a 3/4 ton diesel pickup truck. He spent most of the winter in the Palm Springs area, and he said diesel gas prices were over $5 a gallon. Ouch. I've been lucky to be paying near $3.20 a gallon for regular grade in Florida and the gulf coast. 

I played Memorial Park in Houston last week. It's been the host of the PGA Houston Open for a few years since they moved from the GC of Houston. I was told that the PGA is moving the event. Memorial Park is a decent course, but it's not worthy of a major. Hopefully the Chevron doesn't wind up there. 

Edited by Argonne69
  • Like 2

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

16 hours ago, KBong said:

I think we get another carbon tax bump in prices April 1st as well.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

I played Memorial Park in Houston last week. It's been the host of the PGA Houston Open for a few years since they moved from the GC of Houston. I was told that the PGA is moving the event. Memorial Park is a decent course, but it's not worthy of a major. Hopefully the Chevron doesn't wind up there. 

Back in 1997 when the wife & I did a AZ golf tour.

We played a rd of golf at Randolph Park muni in Tucson...before any reno's....it was cheap but SUCH a GOAT TRACK.

The clubhouse/pro shop was PATHETIC.

I couldn't believe the LPGA used to play the Circle K event there...it was so PATHETIC.

BTW....the BIGGEST and MOST BEAUTIFUL full moon at dusk was in Tucson that year.

Edited by KBong

Just an eyeball....but the PGA tour played for approx. $50M in 1992

Out of the $838M in comprehensive earnings available to the PGA pros in 2022....$427M will be in prize money.

I assume the comprehensive # includes bonuses, PIP, accrued pension earned, health benefits, etc, etc.

One can only imagine the additional OBNOXIOUS GREED Jay is holding back on top of the $838M.🤣

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/pga-tour-prize-money-how-much-will-players-be-battling-for-during-the-season

On 3/3/2022 at 5:14 PM, golfortennis said:

Not sure if you are familiar with the concept of a pimple on an elephant's butt.  It basically describes the LPGA sponsorship's importance in Chevron's decisions.

I'm anti-stock buyback, but not in the sense of "maybe they can increase sponsorships instead."

You’re 100% correct sir. An admission a firm has run out of ideas. 

• Haha 1

https://www.epsontour.com/news/2022/gina-kim-learns-a-lot-in-pro-debut

Assuming this is a recent picture....I'm not surprised Gina's wearing a PXG hat.

I believe Gina previously was playing PXG irons and was an invite to a recent Parsons golf event...I made a comment at the time thinking she might get some kinda help from Bob....good OEM endorsements are hard to come by nowadays.

She's not on PXG's website.

I would hope that Parsons is helping out Gina and providing her a bit of money to help out with expenses???....$50-$75K??? in addition to free equipment.

Maybe if Gina is running out of money she can ask Tina to loop for free.🤣

spacer.png

On 3/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, 18majors said:

Nelly Korda for the win:

I know you're a big fan of Nelly's but I don't think it is so cut and dried as you may think.  Brooke's brigade is huge in Canada with many in the US as well, and there are more kids joining golf programs purely because of her.   I've talked with plenty of people in the Philippines and even though Yuka's citizenship has changed, they are crediting her with a big uptick in golf participation by kids, teens and adults even.  And there are undoubtedly others who could lay claim to such a title.  

Regardless, let us hope that it is not merely an Instagram or social media contest, but far more substantive.

• Like 4