2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

15 minutes ago, axrh87 said:

You seem very knowledgeable. I read your comments a lot. What do you think about a +handicap hitting the Max D version? Or do you think it’ll result in a non-intentional compensation at impact due to “knowing” it could potentially over draw if released too much ? 

The Max D is sooo good, I play mine at -1 and its tight draws or slight cuts all day long...so much protection

• Like 1

Mine said 6 week wait on the system so i asked my pro if i could change the shaft, rep replied saying its just been built.... bit annoyed tbh

Driver: M2, Ventus black

3w: Mizuno st 200, tense I blue

Hybrid: Mizuno clk 19

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 tours

wedges: Bettinardi HLX 3.0

Putter: Scotty Cameron H19

6 hours ago, axrh87 said:

You seem very knowledgeable. I read your comments a lot. What do you think about a +handicap hitting the Max D version? Or do you think it’ll result in a non-intentional compensation at impact due to “knowing” it could potentially over draw if released too much ? 

I think for the right person a D model is great! One comment you hear all the time is “I just wish I was more consistent “. The truth is typically we are pretty consistent. Just not consistent at hitting the shot we won’t. If you are a playing that misses right regularly. The D can help that. I think the rogue line is great it offered really good stability will at the same time still maintaining speed. 

if you get the D and then felt it was drawing too much. You still have to option with adjustable hosel to work it back the other way. Go get fit and see which comes out on top. 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

3 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

if you get the D and then felt it was drawing too much. You still have to option with adjustable hosel to work it back the other way. Go get fit and see which comes out on top. 

Hi, is the Rogue ST Max D adjustable, so it can change the draw bias?

(Without changing loft or lie.)

Callaway Paradym 10.5° Hzrdus Silver 50g stiff

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Glide Forged 56°

Ping Glide Forged 58° bent to 60°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

1 hour ago, barnum1 said:

Hi, is the Rogue ST Max D adjustable, so it can change the draw bias?

(Without changing loft or lie.)

It is adjustable. Adjusting face angle will always affect loft to some degree.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

2 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

It is adjustable. Adjusting face angle will always affect loft to some degree.

You mean loft adjustment? Does it affect draw bias?

Just curious...

Callaway Paradym 10.5° Hzrdus Silver 50g stiff

Ping G400 SFT 3W 16° set to 15°

Ping G400 SFT 5W 19° set to 18°

Ping G400 SFT 7W 22° set to 21°

Ping G425 6-UW

Ping Glide Forged 54°

Ping Glide Forged 56°

Ping Glide Forged 58° bent to 60°

Scotty Cameron GOLO 5R

2 minutes ago, barnum1 said:

You mean loft adjustment? Does it affect draw bias?

Just curious...

Yes, going up in loft will increase draw bias. Going down will increase fade bias. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

8 hours ago, axrh87 said:

So you don’t feel yourself compensating at impact against the pull draw? 

I have a ST Max (non D) that I just setup with 6g in the rear-toe and its anti-left as I've ever played. More than my last Epic Speed

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

Played the front 9 this afternoon and the ST Max was awesome. Purposely put some bad swings on the ball off the tee and everything was still in play - except for the one I pulled a bit into the water on 6 😂

No duck hooks! Only a few that started left and drew over that I pulled. Very happy.

Well see how long the honeymoon lasts.

• Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / SPDRL-NCK+ CT 120

Been gaming the Max ST with outstanding results.  Good swings produce excellent results.  Bad swings are forgiven much more than they should be IMO.  It's just so darn easy to hit, long, forgiving, polite sounding and looks great.  I'm all in.

P.S.- Did game the LS but it was not nearly as good for me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got my ST Max LS and took it to the course for the maiden voyage.  Played a low stakes Nassau with it without ever having hit it outside of a sim with a demo head.  I have the 9* turned down to 8*.  The ball flight was EXACTLY what I was hoping for.  I was hitting mostly slight fades although I managed to turn 3 drives over and hit a small draw.  Nothing curved excessively either direction.  Despite fading the ball, the flight was lower and more penetrating than the Epic Max.  Forgiveness was awesome.  I hit one drive pretty far off of the toe and it still got out there and wound up in the left rough, but it was only ~10 yards into the rough.  I also hit one drive VERY low heel and again, it didn’t lose much distance.  It wound up in a right fairway bunker, but again it wasn’t very far offline.  The other 11 times I hit driver, I was in prime position and slightly longer than with the Epic Max. The 3 that I turned over, I was significantly longer than with the Epic Max.  I’m very excited to play more with this club because not only does it seem to perform exactly how I had hoped, the sound, feel and look at address are all significant upgrades from the Epic Max.

• Thanks 2

Callaway Paradym 9* w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S

Callaway Paradym 16.5* w/ Mitsubishi Kai'li White 70S

Titleist 915F 21* w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85S

Ping G410 Hybrid 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Black 85S

Srixon z785 5-P w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 50*, 54*, 58* w/ DG Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron Golo S5

Bridgestone Tour BX

Where and how to get to it? I need to hotmelt this bad boy (max) head. I need to add about 6 grams of hotmelt. I want to be placed in the neutral position. My question is where is that with this driver? Hot to get to it to place the hotmelt. Thank you...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

On 3/14/2022 at 6:31 AM, rsh0308 said:

I almost have the same order, got fitted at 2nd swing and have the 9* Max LS with the AV White 65x, 1/2” short. 
Can tell you when it gets here, but could be anywhere from this week… to next month?

I was quoted ~10 days in store but then my confirmation email was 5-6 weeks?! 

just received mine yesterday, same head and shaft as you.  I was quoted 3-4 weeks, but only took about 10 days.  

• Like 1

OK so playing MAX D set 1 open. I am playing it at 45 1/2". I have added a "TON" of lead tape to get it to D5. I have a Ventus Velocore 6x in it. The driver stills feel light to me, strange but best driver I have ever had. I have played Ping for last 4 generations and I not looking back.

• Like 2

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

10 hours ago, Wardonation said:

Where and how to get to it? I need to hotmelt this bad boy (max) head. I need to add about 6 grams of hotmelt. I want to be placed in the neutral position. My question is where is that with this driver? Hot to get to it to place the hotmelt. Thank you...

Is this something you are wanting to do yourself?  It can be tricky if you’ve never done it before…but not impossible.  Lots of steps 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

19 hours ago, Wardonation said:

OK so playing MAX D set 1 open. I am playing it at 45 1/2". I have added a "TON" of lead tape to get it to D5. I have a Ventus Velocore 6x in it. The driver stills feel light to me, strange but best driver I have ever had. I have played Ping for last 4 generations and I not looking back.

Another Max D connoisseur - welcome to the club Sir

• Like 2

Anyone done back to back testing of the OEM Tensei X Link White and X Link Blue in the Rogue ST Max? Got mine last week and in 65 Stiff the White is just way too low launching and lacking in any feel so might be swapping into a Blue 55 (59g) or 65 (68g) maybe……more launch, more spin and more torque should help someone with a slightly negative AoA?

Also not sure (after 18 holes) if a slightly draw bias driver head is gonna work for me when my bad drive is a straight hook left so contemplating changing into the LS as my supplying pro is happy to work with me to get it right.

Appreciate any views…

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 LST 3 wood/15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Jail Bird 38” putter/Stroke Lab 140 double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

Had my TD LS outside on the course for the first time today. Performance was good but the sound seemed off. It had the duller carbon sound but there was also a much higher pitched metallic tink. Is that normal?

Coming from an Epic Speed TD and based on everyone’’s mostly positive feedback on the sound and feel, I was a little surprised.  

8 minutes ago, kain23 said:

Had my TD LS outside on the course for the first time today. Performance was good but the sound seemed off. It had the duller carbon sound but there was also a much higher pitched metallic tink. Is that normal?

Coming from an Epic Speed TD and based on everyone’’s mostly positive feedback on the sound and feel, I was a little surprised.  

My Max has a higher pitched tone to it as well. Definitely not a 'persimmon thunk' by any means. I dont mind it though.

Went 4/6 fairways on the front today with driver in hand. The other two were in play just in the rough.

Grabbed a hot dog at the turn and lost the vibe but still had plenty of playable drives with bad swings.

The Epic Speed is officially packed up and being shipped out for trade in.

• Haha 1

I asked this in a different thread, but this one seems to get more views. Anyone notice the st Max launching really high? I took mine on the course today and hit it really well, but a lot higher than I’m used to. Coming from a g425 Max I was not expecting it to launch higher than it does. 

Callaway AI Smoke Max D 10.5 Diamana ZF 50

Titleist TSi2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

Titleist Ts2 20 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Cobra King Tour 5-g MMT 105
Ping S159 56W and 60B Modus 125
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

10 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Grabbed a hot dog at the turn and lost the vibe but still had plenty of playable drives with bad swings.

I know this phenomenon well lol. Can be a round killer. 

that little comment made me laugh haha

• Like 1

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

10 hours ago, Smokey227 said:

I asked this in a different thread, but this one seems to get more views. Anyone notice the st Max launching really high? I took mine on the course today and hit it really well, but a lot higher than I’m used to. Coming from a g425 Max I was not expecting it to launch higher than it does. 

I also am wondering this. Coming from a g400 max where I have it dialed down to 8 degrees to control the high launch. I was fit into a 10.5 deg st max tensei white and it was averaging 14.5 deg launch but also hit some moon balls.  Do those with a slightly negative AOA and moderate swing speed find they get better launch / distance with a 9 degree st max head? Could always adjust loft obv but will change face angle. 

18 minutes ago, 9ironiscash said:

I also am wondering this. Coming from a g400 max where I have it dialed down to 8 degrees to control the high launch. I was fit into a 10.5 deg st max tensei white and it was averaging 14.5 deg launch but also hit some moon balls.  Do those with a slightly negative AOA and moderate swing speed find they get better launch / distance with a 9 degree st max head? Could always adjust loft obv but will change face angle. 

I went with 10.5 and I loft down to 9. I like having the option of a little more spin and launch if I ever change something in my swing and opening the face is always a plus with a hook miss for me.

Overall I dont see this as a 'high launch' setup at all especially compared to the PING. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I went with 10.5 and I loft down to 9. I like having the option of a little more spin and launch if I ever change something in my swing and opening the face is always a plus with a hook miss for me.

Overall I dont see this as a 'high launch' setup at all especially compared to the PING. YMMV.

That helps for sure. I can’t get real world testing in just sim so there’s that natural hesitation lol. Also hadn’t swung all winter so that’s a factor. I’m trying to learn to hit more up on the ball with driver anyways so that 10.5 might def be a good choice. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, 9ironiscash said:

That helps for sure. I can’t get real world testing in just sim so there’s that natural hesitation lol. Also hadn’t swung all winter so that’s a factor. I’m trying to learn to hit more up on the ball with driver anyways so that 10.5 might def be a good choice. Thanks! 

One thing I will note is with this ST Max driver i did have to move the ball forward about and inch or so in my stance at address in order to get the proper flight compared to my old default position with every other driver I've tested recently - but once I did that, the flight and contact were perfect for me.

• Thanks 1