2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

The week or so waiting for a return to process can be both the best and worst times in the life of a wrx'er. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

Apex UW 19* DI 8x

P DHY 22* Ct-aper lite 110
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

3 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

The week or so waiting for a return to process can be both the best and worst times in the life of a wrx'er. 

Haha so true. Almost too much downside to tinker with shaft combos. Triple diamond and Tensei White 70tx has been awesome. I might not even try my old gamer LAGP AXS blue 6x or tz6 65 m5. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TS2 16.5 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 ADDI 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

Finally got to play with my Rogue ST TD LS and Ventus Blue TR.  Straightest driver I have ever hit and the spin was super.  Or lack of spin.  Lowest spinning combo I think I have ever played.  It was sloppy out today so the ball was plugin when it landed.  I can tell the way it was flying, this combo is going to run like a bandit when it dries up.  

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

My 10.5 Rogue ST Max LS I was fitted for at Second Swing arrived today. Beautiful driver. Shape definitely suits me. 

I went with Tensei AV Blue 65S shaft, which produced best numbers in combo with setting the loft at -1. I was not too concerned about shaft choice as I also have a Ventus Red, Even Flow Black and Aldila RIP X as options. One of them will work. The RIP X is a surprisingly low spin, awesome feeling shaft. But this Tensei Blue feels nice and the soft mid will fit a wide range of players. 

Edited by dmeeksDC
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

My ST MAX LS showed today. First round booked for Thursday as we have a short window of upper 60s here in Colorado. I'm absolutely in love with the shape and position at address. Will report back with results. Currently gaming a Speed TD and will play the same shaft but anticipating a pretty rusty swing as I've only hit balls twice since Christmas... 

• Like 1

Maiden voyage today. The tight dispersion I saw in the fitting was the same on the course. Hit a lot of fairways, a few barely in the rough, hit zero balls out of play, and it saved me on a few lame swings en route to a 76 in 40-degree weather at Potomac Shores.

Caught a few low and the mid-launch, stock Tensei Blue shaft helped out. Very nice feel and it seems easy to swing fast. 

This head is so stable, it sounds great, it really wants to put you in the fairway. Thrilled with this driver. 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 3/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, stoneydukes said:

My ST MAX LS showed today. First round booked for Thursday as we have a short window of upper 60s here in Colorado. I'm absolutely in love with the shape and position at address. Will report back with results. Currently gaming a Speed TD and will play the same shaft but anticipating a pretty rusty swing as I've only hit balls twice since Christmas... 

how did it go?  What made you go away from the triple diamond in the speed - I ask as I own the TD and LS both in the Epic currently. Finally, being a Colorado native myself, where did you end up playing?

2 hours ago, cubuffs said:

how did it go?  What made you go away from the triple diamond in the speed - I ask as I own the TD and LS both in the Epic currently. Finally, being a Colorado native myself, where did you end up playing?

It went really well. I’m up just north of Denver and ended up playing Saddleback in Firestone. My previous gamer was the TD LS Speed. Over last season I played the std Speed, then the MAX LS, then the TD, and I had just purchased another MAX LS to go back to.
Loved the sound of the std and TD LS Speed heads. The forgiveness of the MAX LS was enough to win me over the std speed earlier in the year (7.5 HC). My “in season” swing was good enough to make the TD work. That thing has hit some absolute bombs for me. Tinkered with some other shafts but played Ventus Blue pretty much exclusively for the past 2 years. 
For me the Rogue ST MAX LS has the compact head shape of the std and TD Speed without sitting open like the TD. I personally prefer the square look at address. 
The round Thursday was legitimately the first balls I’d ever hit with the Rogue ST and I missed a total of 3 fairways on the day and those weren’t by much. I played the front with the Ventus Blue and the back with a Smoke RDX Black and both felt plug and play. Ended up shooting 77 for the day which wasn’t bad considering I’d only hit balls twice this year. The course was pretty swampy from the snowmelt so no real run out on many drives but the Rogue felt at least as long as my TD LS and I like the appearance a lot more. To my eye, the Rogue has the square face at address of the original Titleist TS release, the face markings of the TSI3 and the best shaped, distinctly Callaway head to date and the matte black finish looks awesome. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stoneydukes said:

It went really well. I’m up just north of Denver and ended up playing Saddleback in Firestone. My previous gamer was the TD LS Speed. Over last season I played the std Speed, then the MAX LS, then the TD, and I had just purchased another MAX LS to go back to.
Loved the sound of the std and TD LS Speed heads. The forgiveness of the MAX LS was enough to win me over the std speed earlier in the year (7.5 HC). My “in season” swing was good enough to make the TD work. That thing has hit some absolute bombs for me. Tinkered with some other shafts but played Ventus Blue pretty much exclusively for the past 2 years. 
For me the Rogue ST MAX LS has the compact head shape of the std and TD Speed without sitting open like the TD. I personally prefer the square look at address. 
The round Thursday was legitimately the first balls I’d ever hit with the Rogue ST and I missed a total of 3 fairways on the day and those weren’t by much. I played the front with the Ventus Blue and the back with a Smoke RDX Black and both felt plug and play. Ended up shooting 77 for the day which wasn’t bad considering I’d only hit balls twice this year. The course was pretty swampy from the snowmelt so no real run out on many drives but the Rogue felt at least as long as my TD LS and I like the appearance a lot more. To my eye, the Rogue has the square face at address of the original Titleist TS release, the face markings of the TSI3 and the best shaped, distinctly Callaway head to date and the matte black finish looks awesome. 

Great to hear. I couldn’t agree more.  I was leaning heavy on the TD but ended up sticking with Max LS.  Absolute beast of a driver.  

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

17 hours ago, lookylookitzadam said:

Have a few rounds with the Max LS and I just can’t get over how closed it sits to my eye. Does the TD sit open in comparison? Looking for something that sits closer to the standard Mavrik. 

What loft did you get?

I normally play a 9* in most heads but this time I got a 10.5 and turned it down - knowing that Callaway sit square in my Epic Max LS and I fight a left miss, it just made perfect sense to have the head open more. For me, this has come full circle as when I went for a driver fitting back when the OG Sim came out, they put me in a 10.5 head turned right down with the same Hzrdus Smoke Green 70gm 6.0 shaft - so here we are today, similar spec but in a head 2 generations later. The only thing I lose with the 10.5 head is the ability to play with a -1/2 degree under 9* but thats OK as I have a very, very low spin shaft. Yeah, I know about the "special" Callaway adapters but I am running All-Fit Universal adapters in all my drivers so it is, what it is.

Oh, the misses on my Rogue ST Max LS is RIDICULOUS GOOD even on my bad swing. The more I use this head in real rounds (versus range), the more I appreciate how good Callaway has made this head.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

18 hours ago, lookylookitzadam said:

Have a few rounds with the Max LS and I just can’t get over how closed it sits to my eye. Does the TD sit open in comparison? Looking for something that sits closer to the standard Mavrik. 

I originally got the 10.5 head and dropped it down and still felt a little closed to me.  Because it sits more upright it appears slightly closed. I moved to a 9* head and it sits perfect.  That being said, the 💎💎💎 def appears to sit more open than max ls.  But marginally 

Edited by Avidswampthing66

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

Just picked up the ls 9 degree yesterday with ventus tr6. Almost bought the TD, but found the ls  better on Mishits. I did order the LS 3 wood with ventus tr7 as well. Now exciting to hit the new pro hybrid next week. The super hybrid is too damn big. If only Fuji had a ventus tr hybrid. The blue is too soft and the black only comes in x flex and feels like a telephone poll

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Fetch Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

On 3/5/2022 at 11:30 PM, lookylookitzadam said:

This has been an issue for members of Callaway's Tour staff as well. That's why some are grinding parts of the sole and back edge off and replacing the lost weight with lead tape.

• Sad 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

6 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I haven’t went back through the whole thread but can anyone tell me the stock adjustable weight in the Triple Diamond is? I play shorter than stock length and will need to add some weight. 

I ordered mine at 45.5" and it came with 6g up front.

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

I need to get mine on a swingweight scale.  Does anyone know if Cally adjusts SW for customers ordering midsize grips?  Guess I will find out. As it happens, I'm not fond of the midsize grip I specc'd it with (prefer a std +4), and I will likely need to cut mine down a half inch or so from its 45.75" std length.  I suppose I could send it back to Cally for all of this, otherwise have them do it at my GolfTec or other golf shop.  Before any changes, I need to hit some shots with my GolfTec instructor, though I was fitted at a different golf shop.  

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

34 minutes ago, wolverine_man said:

I need to get mine on a swingweight scale.  Does anyone know if Cally adjusts SW for customers ordering midsize grips?  Guess I will find out. As it happens, I'm not fond of the midsize grip I specc'd it with (prefer a std +4), and I will likely need to cut mine down a half inch or so from its 45.75" std length.  I suppose I could send it back to Cally for all of this, otherwise have them do it at my GolfTec or other golf shop.  Before any changes, I need to hit some shots with my GolfTec instructor, though I was fitted at a different golf shop.  

There are mixed opinions about grip weight and swing weight. The SW scale is based on a 50g grip weight assumption. If you upsize to mid, the scale will read differently, but the SW measurement is one of head "heft" relative to total static weight. As the additional weight from a midsize grip is in your hands, it can (and has) been argued that the SW isn't significantly altered through a grip change from std to midsize. That said, I play midsize as well and have built a bunch of iron sets that accounted for the additional weight in the grip. I can't say for certain that I could feel the difference in just adding midsize grips to a club built with a SW target with a std grip. Many times, the club "feels" lighter because the midsize grip allows a more relaxed hand and grip tension.

These are just my opinions and experience. YMMV

Thanks, I have read quite a few posts on here about grip and SW now, so you are probably right.  A 50g grip weight assumption would be the stock Tour Velvet 360, so that also makes sense to me. What I do know is that the Midsize grip is just a bit too much for me, simply based on feel in my hands. So on that count alone, it has to be changed. But, I also don't think I am getting along to well with the added length of the club vs my prior Razr Hawk that played at 45" with the I-Mix Blue Board.  I will defer to the expertise of my excellent golf instructor, though.  What I know is that I hit my Rogue ST very straight and further than my older driver (10-14 yards), but it feels like a lot of effort to clear through the ball with the extra 3/4" length.  The head also "feels" lighter and more lost in the shaft weight and overall static weight of the club.

Queen B6- '24 BX

I don't have a security screw Torx bit, but I am curious if more weight could be added into (inside of) the speed cartridge, instead of using lead tape for fine tuning after cutting a shaft down.  There's always hot melt too, I suppose.  I'm experimenting by gripping down at the moment.  I suppose that might raise the ball flight a tiny bit (back weighting the head), depending on how much weight is added. 

Edited by wolverine_man

Queen B6- '24 BX

I play my driver around 44.5 - I ordered the TD LS with RDX Black (60x) shaft, the weight/feel was not very good upon arrival. I've since yanked out the RDX Black, gone back to my RDX Blue (60x) and changed out the front weight from 6g to 18g. 

Night and day difference with the heavier weight forward. I would like to 'tinker' and move some of that weight to the tungsten speed area to see what it does to ball flight. Really happy with the set up with the RDX Blue, misses on the toe are super forgiving.

I had to tweak my initial setup with the TR, the shaft was too soft in the middle and had a two way miss going.  I changed out to a Ventus Black 6 with a tour adapter.  Increased the LS head from 9 to 10 at neutral and nirvana.  I have a controlled cut then a long bomber.  I had to change the TR in my 3 wood as well, ordered up a LS 4 wood with Ventus Black 7.  I should mention the pro hybrid is amazing with stock AV Raw White shaft.  

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Ping Fetch Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

Unfortunately I don't bomb anything, but finding fairways can win the skins. Could not make a 3-6 ft putt today in quite a few tries so the score was crap but not because of the irons or Driver for a change.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5