2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

Totally anecdotal ladies and gents...no LM data to support this, but might be informative for y'all moving from Mavrik to Rogue ST: Pulled my velocore shaft from my 9* Mavrik head and put it into the 9* Max LS with the same hosel settings.  From the get go it appeared to rocket off the face and just felt way more stable through impact than my Mavrik ever did.  I don't usually hit it on the screws, so I guess there's a ton of forgiveness in this LS head!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 3:11 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Those marks are 100% normal and are part of the manufacturing process. If you look closely you’ll see something similar on/all drivers with welded faces. For example, Taylormade drivers have a single dot in the center. 

4689075D-08D2-489E-8478-442A1A6408A3.jpeg.138303fd5f173f862bee1b6d689c2b6e.jpeg33595A9F-60AD-44D8-822F-E2F73EF6021B.jpeg.15d6a5faa0dbf072f7945b0a295175c6.jpeg 

1C8AEDC6-E3BB-48F4-95BE-3ACC570AC5E7.jpeg

You are correct, my rep just confirmed they are there to help control spin. I just never noticed it before in my other heads, so it jumped out at me looking at it in the sun.

• Haha 2

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

My ♦️♦️♦️came with a head weight of 190. I’m going to need to play with some lead tape and then hot melt after to get the head weight right for 45 playing length 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

So, got my 💎💎💎LS last week, ordered 1” shorter to play at 44.5”. Ordered with RDX Black shaft, X flex, 9 degree head. Currently playing 9 deg Epic Flash SZ with RDX Blue, X flex.

Straight out of the box, the 💎💎💎 just wasn’t working for me. Super disappointed in fact. I create a lot of spin and had zero control of the driver. Hit 20-25 balls on the range, took it out and played the first 4 holes with it. Played the Epic flash the rest of the round it was that bad. I’ve never been able to kick the Epic flash from the bag.

Back to the range yesterday, I swapped out the shaft to an old Even Flow 65 X blue and added 6 grams to head (6 gram screw to 12 gram screw). BOOM - here we go! Messed around with the RDX Blue after 9 holes on the course, even better but felt light still.

Here’s what I learned: 1) Callaway indeed weights the shafts and not the heads directly - the 44.5 driver with Even Flow and 12g weight measured D1 swing weight, 2) I need WAY more weight in the front screw position to drop spin, shaft weights apparently aren’t my jam (or maybe they are, I dunno).

Tomorrow, I’ll get a full round in with 18g front weight with the RDX Blue playing between D4 and D5. Excited to see how it does.

I’m gonna need some options with the rear tungsten weight, this I know!

9 hours ago, LanceEA said:

So, got my 💎💎💎LS last week, ordered 1” shorter to play at 44.5”. Ordered with RDX Black shaft, X flex, 9 degree head. Currently playing 9 deg Epic Flash SZ with RDX Blue, X flex.

Straight out of the box, the 💎💎💎 just wasn’t working for me. Super disappointed in fact. I create a lot of spin and had zero control of the driver. Hit 20-25 balls on the range, took it out and played the first 4 holes with it. Played the Epic flash the rest of the round it was that bad. I’ve never been able to kick the Epic flash from the bag.

Back to the range yesterday, I swapped out the shaft to an old Even Flow 65 X blue and added 6 grams to head (6 gram screw to 12 gram screw). BOOM - here we go! Messed around with the RDX Blue after 9 holes on the course, even better but felt light still.

Here’s what I learned: 1) Callaway indeed weights the shafts and not the heads directly - the 44.5 driver with Even Flow and 12g weight measured D1 swing weight, 2) I need WAY more weight in the front screw position to drop spin, shaft weights apparently aren’t my jam (or maybe they are, I dunno).

Tomorrow, I’ll get a full round in with 18g front weight with the RDX Blue playing between D4 and D5. Excited to see how it does.

I’m gonna need some options with the rear tungsten weight, this I know!

Where do you get the weights? 

• Like 1

Pro V1X Left Dash

2 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Where do you get the weights? 

I bought something like this for my Mavrik and the weights fit my Triple Diamond Rogue LS. I had the same problem, Was like D1.5 and 191G and was incontrollable. Popped in a heavier weight and will test tomorrow. Also have called callaway and they will send a new weight for free, but it took a long time for it to arrive last time I did that.

https://www.amazon.com/Gofotu-Weight-Callaway-Drivers-2g4g6g8g10g12g14g16g18g/dp/B08C75YQHG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2YYX29OCD7OWZ&keywords=callaway+driver+weights&qid=1644940427&sprefix=callaway+driver+weights%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dsevans8 said:

I bought something like this for my Mavrik and the weights fit my Triple Diamond Rogue LS. I had the same problem, Was like D1.5 and 191G and was incontrollable. Popped in a heavier weight and will test tomorrow. Also have called callaway and they will send a new weight for free, but it took a long time for it to arrive last time I did that.

https://www.amazon.com/Gofotu-Weight-Callaway-Drivers-2g4g6g8g10g12g14g16g18g/dp/B08C75YQHG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2YYX29OCD7OWZ&keywords=callaway+driver+weights&qid=1644940427&sprefix=callaway+driver+weights%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-5

Thank you very much. Will probably go down both routes 

Pro V1X Left Dash

Going back and forth between the LS and TD. Have been able to demo both and my numbers were nearly identical. I liked the slightly more compact size of the TD but one thing that jumped out at me was the face bulge - seemed a bit more rounded. 

About to order with the Ventus TR but can’t make up my mind on the head…anyone in the same dilemma?

• Like 1

Wooohoo....

Just found out my pre-ordered Rogue ST Max LS 10.5* has shipped.

Gonna crank this baby down to open the face, hope to fight the dreaded left hooky toe hit that plagued my Epic Max LS's life

😁

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

52 minutes ago, cml694 said:

Going back and forth between the LS and TD. Have been able to demo both and my numbers were nearly identical. I liked the slightly more compact size of the TD but one thing that jumped out at me was the face bulge - seemed a bit more rounded. 

About to order with the Ventus TR but can’t make up my mind on the head…anyone in the same dilemma?

I had the same issue - I decided on the Max LS because I liked the face height a little more. My miss is more side to side than up and down.

I’ve had my LS for about a week and have put some serious miles on her. Performance is great, no magical ball speed jump, and is incredibly forgiving. The sound is the best I’ve experienced with a driver. However, I am dealing with one issue, feel. 

The LS is the equivalent of a big ole Great Big Bertha cavity back shovel. Regardless of where I strike the face, every shot feels and sounds the same. Also, the head is so stable and MOI so high I can’t even feel the head move on poor strikes. Also, I can’t tell if I drilled one or sent it off the planet until I look up and find the ball. This is an entirely new experience. 

Side note. Give the stock Tensei shafts a serious look. I have the White in my driver and it’s a huge leap forward in feel from past models. The shaft is super smooth. I have last years AV and 1K, and I prefer this years model by a wide margin. Also, I have the Blue in my new Max 3 wood. In my opinion the old Blues felt soft and had a pronounced kick that was difficult for me to time up. The kick on the new model is much more subtle and stable. The Blue has potential to be the sleeper fairway wood shaft of the year. I’m super impressed with both models. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Weight kit was the same as same as another post, the link below is what I carry around:

Gofotu Golf Weight Kit fit Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero Drivers 2g4g6g8g10g12g14g16g18g one Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C75YQHG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CWEQ14F797F17A8JEH3N

I’ve tinkered with the weight of the sliding weight on the EF SZ are well, would like to do that with the new tungsten weight on the Rogue in due time.

So, played a full 18 today with the 18g weight up front with my previous RDX Blue 65g X. Fear of being too optimistic but I hit the ball really straight today and was able to mash it. Definitely building confidence with the driver head as the adjustment in swingweight was really meaningful. If it keeps on keeping on, it will replace the EF!

Anyone know how to get a heavier tungsten weight for the back?

11 hours ago, cml694 said:

Same here. Initially ordered the LS but then decided to go with the TD since I’ll have more option to adjust spin in the future. The LS is sitting in my office untouched. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:03 AM, Cactus Jack said:

I’ve had my LS for about a week and have put some serious miles on her. Performance is great, no magical ball speed jump, and is incredibly forgiving. The sound is the best I’ve experienced with a driver. However, I am dealing with one issue, feel. 

The LS is the equivalent of a big ole Great Big Bertha cavity back shovel. Regardless of where I strike the face, every shot feels and sounds the same. Also, the head is so stable and MOI so high I can’t even feel the head move on poor strikes. Also, I can’t tell if I drilled one or sent it off the planet until I look up and find the ball. This is an entirely new experience. 

Side note. Give the stock Tensei shafts a serious look. I have the White in my driver and it’s a huge leap forward in feel from past models. The shaft is super smooth. I have last years AV and 1K, and I prefer this years model by a wide margin. Also, I have the Blue in my new Max 3 wood. In my opinion the old Blues felt soft and had a pronounced kick that was difficult for me to time up. The kick on the new model is much more subtle and stable. The Blue has potential to be the sleeper fairway wood shaft of the year. I’m super impressed with both models. 

Thanks for sharing that insight. Totally agree about the new Tensei AV shaft offerings….I’ve just ordered the AV White for my new ST Max driver and the AV Blue for the ST LS 16.5 3 wood.

• Like 2
Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 10.5 Driver/MCA Vanquish 4 Stiff
Titleist TSR2+ 13.0 degree 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15.0 degree (@ 17) 3 wood/MCA Tensei Pro White Boron 70 Stiff
Ping G430 22.0 degree 4 hybrid/MCA Kai’Li White HY 80 Stiff
Taylormade P790 2021 5-PW irons/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 50 degree SB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)

Taylormade MG3 54 degree HB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Taylormade MG3 58 degree LB/Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 Stiff (soft-stepped)
Odyssey White Hot OG 7 Bird 34” putter/Stroke Lab double bend shaft
Taylormade TP5x/Titleist Pro V1x ball

Vessel/Cobra Tour bag 2022

I’ve got the ST Max 9* playing at D3 45” with the Ventus Blue Velocore 6.  I’ve only had it out for testing once, and the face looked a little closed to me, could just be my eyes though.  I turned the head down 1 notch to 8*.  Looked square at address now to me, and proceeded to nuke penetrating shots down the middle.  The harder I sent it, the straighter it went.  I have to do some more testing, but it is really stable, forgiving and long.   I am hitting my PXG really well right now, so it will be a hard choice on which to go with.  The Callaway seems to be a touch longer, but the PXG has been really accurate for me.  I also want to try the Stealth, lol.  And the Rogue LS.   So many good choices this year!

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

Epic Max Ls and Rogue Max Ls

Cally knocked it out of the park with this years driver.  To me, it’s near perfection. Trying the new Av white, and curious if it can dethrone my 1k.  The shafts look so similar haha.

4EFAEE36-6764-4B04-8EBA-41DA3A75189E.jpeg

A7F4B1E8-5B33-4BA3-ACB0-C07CFDB0DB86.jpeg

4A40F2A9-A9AB-41CB-AA7D-9F3AD1BEE9AC.jpeg

• Like 3

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

I am sending the LS back for the TD, it is just not working for me. Having had a lot of Callaway drivers if it is not producing with 3 different shafts in  a couple of rounds it is not the one for me. 

Now I am not long by any means, but the Speed TD was automatic and I seem to be shorter with the LS with the same shafts and it just does not feel right. Could be SW had a bit to do with it as the Speed TD was at D5-D6 and this one D2 even 46". 

The only difference I can imagine with the rogue TD is at least it has a weight to be able to play with, I had it in the cart 3 times and talked myself out of it in the name of more forgiveness, well that did not play out at all.

• Haha 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

33 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

I am sending the LS back for the TD, it is just not working for me. Having had a lot of Callaway drivers if it is not producing with 3 different shafts in  a couple of rounds it is not the one for me. 

Now I am not long by any means, but the Speed TD was automatic and I seem to be shorter with the LS with the same shafts and it just does not feel right. Could be SW had a bit to do with it as the Speed TD was at D5-D6 and this one D2 even 46". 

The only difference I can imagine with the rogue TD is at least it has a weight to be able to play with, I had it in the cart 3 times and talked myself out of it in the name of more forgiveness, well that did not play out at all.

they they let you send back or some sort of exchange program? Just curious n

• Like 1

Pro V1X Left Dash

1 hour ago, ProStryker said:

I’ve got the ST Max 9* playing at D3 45” with the Ventus Blue Velocore 6.  I’ve only had it out for testing once, and the face looked a little closed to me, could just be my eyes though.  I turned the head down 1 notch to 8*.  Looked square at address now to me, and proceeded to nuke penetrating shots down the middle.  The harder I sent it, the straighter it went.  I have to do some more testing, but it is really stable, forgiving and long.   I am hitting my PXG really well right now, so it will be a hard choice on which to go with.  The Callaway seems to be a touch longer, but the PXG has been really accurate for me.  I also want to try the Stealth, lol.  And the Rogue LS.   So many good choices this year!

I have the exact same setup. Max with ventus blue 6. The max looked slightly closed to me as well but I wasn’t missing anything left. I went with it because I was getting a little more ball speed and avg about 100 rpm less spin than with the LS.  I swapped the adapter for a red dash and it definitely helped. 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:28 PM, cml694 said:

I’ve been deliberating on this too. I already have the Max with a Ventus TR and it’s amazing. But want to try either the Max LS or TD. Can’t decide. What’d you end up going with?

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

14 minutes ago, car1 said:

I have the exact same setup. Max with ventus blue 6. The max looked slightly closed to me as well but I wasn’t missing anything left. I went with it because I was getting a little more ball speed and avg about 100 rpm less spin than with the LS.  I swapped the adapter for a red dash and it definitely helped. 

What is a red dash adapter?

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

17 minutes ago, car1 said:

And where do you get one?

Pro V1X Left Dash