2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

I was not going to even think about it, but with the trade and points it will cost $76 for a new TD with the made for ventus blue 5S. 

Why not give it a try.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

Chickened out on the TD with the reviews of the Max LS being similar spin to the Speed TD I went that way instead. I seemed to have solved some of my high spin swing issues so a bit more forgiveness might pay off in the long run.

Ordered it with the ventus 5 S +.50" to try since I have other shafts ready to go if it does not work and not out the nutty upcharge. I will have a GD AD UB 5X at some point to add to the collection when I find one at a resonable price.

SLED # 1  35.5

Something to chew on.

tested out the new Hzrdus green with the TDLS9 at 10* and PB’d. Not once but 3 times. I need to take the left side out a bit more so I think the 10.5 at -1 will be the trick and still add some more spin.

Feel and sound was better than Mavrik, which I thought was their best in the last 5 years and felt faster than the SpeedTD I was hitting last year. 

F0E7F386-BEE1-4A33-ACB5-268099FE2084.jpeg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Something to chew on.

tested out the new Hzrdus green with the TDLS9 at 10* and PB’d. Not once but 3 times. I need to take the left side out a bit more so I think the 10.5 at -1 will be the trick and still add some more spin.

Feel and sound was better than Mavrik, which I thought was their best in the last 5 years and felt faster than the SpeedTD I was hitting last year. 

F0E7F386-BEE1-4A33-ACB5-268099FE2084.jpeg

Those are some near perfect on course numbers instead of 1700rpm knuckles I see coming out of some simulator fittings

• Like 2

I did a fitting at 2nd Swing today. I was open to anything, and walked away ordering a Rogue ST. I ended up with the Triple Diamond LS 9 degree, turned up to 11 degrees, with MMT 60s. I was hitting it super consistently, and it brought my spin and decent angle down, along with adding about 5 yards of carry. I’m a little anxious to see how the lower spin will translate to the course. 

3822B617-1C70-4A79-AFC6-C6DF5B18AC53.jpeg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, FAbb said:

I did a fitting at 2nd Swing today. I was open to anything, and walked away ordering a Rogue ST. I ended up with the Triple Diamond LS 9 degree, turned up to 11 degrees, with MMT 60s. I was hitting it super consistently, and it brought my spin and decent angle down, along with adding about 5 yards of carry. I’m a little anxious to see how the lower spin will translate to the course. 

3822B617-1C70-4A79-AFC6-C6DF5B18AC53.jpeg

Awesomeness man! Your swing is built for consistency, the numbers look very controlled for having a -AOA, and a bit more spinning ball would have you almost optimal for your spin window which should be about 2500 based on your ball speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 1:26 PM, PorkChopExpress said:

You guys do realize Callaway does over 1billion more in revenue than TM

lol

its hysterical to hear how TM is gonna blow cally out of the water 

Why has this thread devolved into an XBox vs PS5 YouTube comment section?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

Went in for my fitting yesterday as I’ve just never got along great with my Epic Max. Very spinny for me, and just never had much pop. I’ve always been one to dismiss the Triple Diamond type heads thinking I wasn’t good enough to game it. Was expecting to be fit into Max LS. Best numbers and most consistent with the TD and placed my order. Very impressive, these aren’t the unforgiving low spin heads of old. Super impressed. 

Callaway Epic Max | Mitsubishi MMT 70X
Callaway Epic Speed 15* | Mitsubishi MMT 80X
Callaway Apex Pro 18* | Mitsubishi MMT 90X
Callaway Apex 21 4-PW | Project X 6.5
Callaway MD5 Jaws 48* | TT DG S400

Callaway MD5 Jaws 54* | TT DG S400

Callaway MD5 Jaws 60* | TT DG S400
Toulon Las Vegas | SuperStroke Flatso 2.0

7 hours ago, kuuuuch said:

Went in for my fitting yesterday as I’ve just never got along great with my Epic Max. Very spinny for me, and just never had much pop. I’ve always been one to dismiss the Triple Diamond type heads thinking I wasn’t good enough to game it. Was expecting to be fit into Max LS. Best numbers and most consistent with the TD and placed my order. Very impressive, these aren’t the unforgiving low spin heads of old. Super impressed. 

TD Epic or Rogue?

I ordered the Max LS with ventus blue 5S and got a call from my rep that they are out of all the ventus blue shafts, switched it to a PX smoke IO 5 S and had them tip it an inch. 

It is nice to get the call so not to delay the order, one of the reasons I stay with Callaway. Their CS is for me the best in the Business and with the trade in program I get to goof around with new gear for a mimimum investment. 

• Like 2

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

I ordered the Max LS with ventus blue 5S and got a call from my rep that they are out of all the ventus blue shafts, switched it to a PX smoke IO 5 S and had them tip it an inch. 

It is nice to get the call so not to delay the order, one of the reasons I stay with Callaway. Their CS is for me the best in the Business and with the trade in program I get to goof around with new gear for a mimimum investment. 

The free upgrade Ventus shafts or with Velocore?

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6X 
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18.0 Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Titleist T100 4-PW Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Raw SM8 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T with Black Onyx Tour Issue S400
Bettinardi Inovai 8.0 Black Friday Murdered Out Edition 34.5"

35 minutes ago, hawkgolfer said:

My account shows that Ventus TR isn’t that big of a lead time. Usually Callaway is very good on the site with estimated times. I’m sold on Tsi3 but it’s tempting to pick up a TD with TR for a great price

• Like 1
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

3 hours ago, hawkgolfer said:

the free ventus, non velecore

SLED # 1  35.5

Just got back from an outdoor trackman session with the new line. The rep was awesome - but it's 49 degrees here so we're all pretty much frozen solid, it was miserable. Surprised it didnt start snowing and icing over.

Started off with my current combo and it was 5 drives right down the middle.

Soon as I got the Rogue ST in my hands it all went to s***. Slices, hooks, drop in swing speed - nightmare. Tried my current shaft in the Rogue LS heads and it wasnt much better which I called before we tried it since a 45" shaft in a stock head is going to be like C9-D0 SW. Turns out swing weight and being able to feel the clubhead is important to my swing.

Put me back into my current driver....right back down the middle.

Unfortunately we werent able to do any meaningful testing due to this but I caught a few solid and the new drivers feel okay but the looks didnt suit my eye with how elongated the heads are. The TD head was going to be way too low spin for me so we didnt even try.

Sticking with the Epic Speed for now until these popup on CPO so I can mess with them.

• Haha 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

21 minutes ago, GolfCsty said:

Got my fitting today. It was splitting hairs between the Max LS and the TD LS. Went with the Max LS for more forgiveness. Now considering changing that order to TD LS. I do spin the driver more than ideal. The TD would technically be the better option for that. 

I think some have seen the lowest spin from the Max LS.

21 hours ago, me05501 said:

Rahm is driving the ball exceptionally well with his new Callaway driver. 

When the 3rd round as the 1st round did you see him drop his driver after his back swing. Even the announcer said he is not liking his Driver very well today. Not even 30% fairways hit. Also the final round there was a comment made about him not hitting it well. Time for a shaft change as he is playing the same shaft he had in his Diamond Speed

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

13 minutes ago, Tiptx1122 said:

When the 3rd round as the 1st round did you see him drop his driver after his back swing. Even the announcer said he is not liking his Driver very well today. Not even 30% fairways hit. Also the final round there was a comment made about him not hitting it well. Time for a shaft change as he is playing the same shaft he had in his Diamond Speed

He’s 4th in shots gained off the tee and top five in distance for the week. But whatever. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

10 minutes ago, jmc said:

I think some have seen the lowest spin from the Max LS.

I’ve seen that too but it just wasn’t the case for me. At least not in any way measurable within an hour of swings. I hit both, for all intents and purposes, identical. My thinking with possibly switching back to TD is I’ll have the option of throwing a heavier weight up front to knock even more spin off in the future. I know I’m high spin and proved it again today. Having an option to adjust and play with that characteristic more would give me a little bit of buyer’s peace of mind. 

On 1/26/2022 at 6:24 PM, Gareth said:

Anyone tried the Rogue ST LS fairways yet please? Looking at ordering a 15 or 16.5 degree 3 wood to replace my current G425LST.

Have a new Rogue ST Max 10.5 degree driver en route to me with the Tensei AV Blue 65 shaft so I’m weighing up if I go Blue 75 or the White 75 for the 3 wood….welcome any thoughts/recommendations. 

Not a callaway guy by any means, but I popped a few with the rogue ls 3w today. It launches higher than the comparable 3w from last year's line. It's as easy to hit. I didn't compare them head to head but from what I remember about testing last year's fwy line (about 2 months ago), this year's are a notch up in performance. 

Don't go to the Tour Talk forums and look at the Rouge Rampage as I believe the video has been removed. I hope he does win the farmers as I like him. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

3 hours ago, GolfCsty said:

Got my fitting today. It was splitting hairs between the Max LS and the TD LS. Went with the Max LS for more forgiveness. Now considering changing that order to TD LS. I do spin the driver more than ideal. The TD would technically be the better option for that. 

I'm in the same boat, ordered 9 Max LS, but thinking of going to the 9 TD LS. Did you see any performance difference in your fitting? Was one more fade bias or look different at address to you? I haven't had a chance to hit them yet so I ordered blind.

30 minutes ago, Dsevans8 said:

I'm in the same boat, ordered 9 Max LS, but thinking of going to the 9 TD LS. Did you see any performance difference in your fitting? Was one more fade bias or look different at address to you? I haven't had a chance to hit them yet so I ordered blind.

If there was a difference I couldn’t tell. I was hitting a straight little push for the entire session. If anything, now that I think about it, the Max LS possibly has a stronger gear effect. It seamed to come back to center more on toe strikes where the TD LS tended to stay out on the same line as the center strikes when struck on toe. 

Edited by GolfCsty