2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

1 hour ago, eric61 said:

I’ve been deliberating on this too. I already have the Max with a Ventus TR and it’s amazing. But want to try either the Max LS or TD. Can’t decide. What’d you end up going with?

I went with the Max LS. The only advantage I saw with the TD was the head shape - I’ve always played “smaller” drivers (M1 430, M5 Tour most recently) so I figured I wouldn’t hurt to try something a little different.

Looking forward to giving the Ventus a go when I get it. Lofted up to 10.5 so should be a good match with the TR.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gareth said:

Thanks for sharing that insight. Totally agree about the new Tensei AV shaft offerings….I’ve just ordered the AV White for my new ST Max driver and the AV Blue for the ST LS 16.5 3 wood.

I agree only I liked the Blue over the White in driver, really just a preference. The Blue was good launch for me as my AOA can be level to down 1 degree to up 1 degree. The Tensei shafts seem better than ever. Performed great. I was getting spin consistently around 2200. It did not feel as whippy as past Tensei Blues. I didn’t expect it to win but it did. 

And I settled on it after I did a full fitting and hit new drivers from Cobra, TaylorMade and Callaway. Tried various combos. I went with the stock Blue shaft in a Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 head. I was definitely more down the middle with this head over the Stealth, and those were the finalists as I didn’t get along all that well with the Cobra. The Stealth is very good. Powerful, sounds good. The feel is a little different but it’s fine and overall it’s my favored shape but not by a wide margin. I definitely sprayed it more, right and left. Not wild but not auto-straight like the Rogue ST. Numbers were pretty much the same on both drivers which is what I expected. 

On feel and sound I give the edge to Callaway lineup. Matte finish is appealing. And the slightly more pancake-shaped head was giving me tighter dispersion and that is mainly what I am looking at with driver. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

3 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

they they let you send back or some sort of exchange program? Just curious n

Yes Callaway has one of those 30 day guarantees directly through them

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB7 / AI SMOKE 21° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SC PHNTM7.5

12 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

they they let you send back or some sort of exchange program? Just curious n

30 day playability from Callaway, store credit for the purchase price

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

13 hours ago, car1 said:

Try shaft connect or eBay. They are all aftermarket. I don’t know how to get my hands on an OEM tour adapter 

Used to be able to get the Callaway OEM ones, both flat and strong, on Golfworks. I have 3 spares of Tour Flat (redline) still in the Callaway packaging, since I believe they answered someone in a question about a restock not long before when I was ordering (which was like late 2020) saying it was getting much more difficult to get Callaway to provide them so they weren’t entirely sure, so I got some as that is often a sign they’ll stop being supplied entirely. 

Unfortunately it now doesn’t show them as an option, so I presume Callaway has completely ceased making them

available to the general public for whatever reason. I know if you got a long drive driver from Callaway it came with a Tour Strong adapter (installed obviously so no use if you want it on a certain shaft of your own), but now when you go to that page the long drive setup isn’t offered for purchase. 

I have heard that select fitters (ones I guess that have premium accounts/relationships with Callaway) will be able to get them now for customers that get fit into them, where previously they may not have been able to. Not entirely sure how that works given most fitters will use a universal adapter for the fitting process to share shafts between all of the OEM heads, but at the very least probably don’t have each or any shaft offerings duplicated so they can be equipped with Regular, Flat and Strong, so it seems difficult to actually get fit into them unless you’re at at a fitting at Callaway HQ or something and can’t look at other OEM’s drivers. 

Edited by TheIslander

Recently received my Rogue ST Triple Diamond with the new Ventus TR 7X... The thing is an absolute rocket launcher! I'm pleasantly surprised at how forgiving the head is and how consistent the ball speeds are off the face regardless of strike... Well done Callaway!

• Like 2

Callaway Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 8* Fuji Ventus TR 7X 44"

Callaway Epic Speed 16.5* MCA Diamana D+ Limited 90 TX 42.5"

Callaway X Forged UT 21* MCA MMT 105 TX

Srixon Z785 4-9 DG TI X-100

Vokey SM8 48* DG TI X-100

Vokey SM8 52*, 56* & 60* DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron SS Newport II 34"

Titleist ProV1

TD LS on the way with a GD AD UB 6s, wanted to try the shaft and from Callaway it is $250 so not a bad deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

My son’s new Rouge ST.  We actually got it last Wednesday, Feb. 9.  It looked like some of the people that ordered through the Callaway website got theirs last week.  He is using the Tensei Blue S shaft.  Launch monitor numbers shows droves 280+.  Confirmed during a range session over the weekend.  He is currently working on things to get ready for high school golf in the fall.

6FDF2572-B323-485F-B68C-14F01A8822FC.jpeg

93108EFA-5E1F-4BF8-B896-D33C40B98FF9.jpeg

92293BB4-E5C2-4F0A-A519-209B1D6CE9E2.jpeg

Edited by Goldenhawk

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

After trying bit the LS and the Triple Diamond, neither showed much of a difference from my Rogue Sub Zero — other than spin.   I used the same shaft in all three heads (GD ADGP, the one I was fit for with the Sub Zero). 

Ball speed and carry we’re all very close but the spin rates were 1500-1650 with the Triple Diamond and just a bit higher with the LS.   

The SZ provides me a spin rate of 21-2200. 

Not wanting to see my ball fly through the air like a Tim Wakefield knuckleball, I’m staying with the SZ. 

Edited by Tac
  • Like 2

I’m surprised at how many people on here are going with the Triple Diamond.  Most YouTube reviews I have seen show a forgiveness difference when you go to the TD, and most reviewers, as well as Callaway themselves, say that the TD is for a very, very small % of the market.  Like pros that don’t miss the middle of the face.  I’m wondering how many folks grabbing the TD on here will be moving away from it when the honeymoon period is over…. Hopefully not, I hope you guys do well with it. 👍

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Cameron Phantom X 11, 2021
Titleist ProV1

27 minutes ago, ProStryker said:

I’m surprised at how many people on here are going with the Triple Diamond.  Most YouTube reviews I have seen show a forgiveness difference when you go to the TD, and most reviewers, as well as Callaway themselves, say that the TD is for a very, very small % of the market.  Like pros that don’t miss the middle of the face.  I’m wondering how many folks grabbing the TD on here will be moving away from it when the honeymoon period is over…. Hopefully not, I hope you guys do well with it. 👍

I got the Max and the TD. The TD was a total impulse buy because a) I’m a lefty and haven’t had an opportunity to try it before and b) I wanted a specific shaft and got a pretty nice discount by pairing it with a head. But … 50/50 chance I end up in the one I DON’T have, the Max LS, by the end of the year.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

5 hours ago, Tac said:

After trying bit the LS and the Triple Diamond, neither showed much of a difference from my Rogue Sub Zero — other than spin.   I used the same shaft in all three heads (GD ADGP, the one I was fit for with the Sub Zero). 

Ball speed and carry we’re all very close but the spin rates were 1500-1650 with the Triple Diamond and just a bit higher with the LS.   

The SZ provides me a spin rate of 21-2200. 

Not wanting to see my ball fly through the air like a Tim Wakefield knuckleball, I’m staying with the SZ. 

God watching Wakefield throw that knuckler was awesome. 

• Like 1

Everybody relax, I’m here

8 hours ago, ProStryker said:

I think I’ve been seeing the TD actually spins more than the LS in a lot of online tests because pros want the extra spin. 

• Like 1

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

1 hour ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

I think I’ve been seeing the TD actually spins more than the LS in a lot of online tests because pros want the extra spin. 

Tour pros aren't playing the off the shelf heads.  They have two models for Tour Issue, one Low Spin and one that is not Low Spin.  I was able to hit one Callaway Tour players Triple Diamond non Low Spin.  It was consistently 2 to 3 more mph ball speed than the stock TD LS.  I hit them side by side.  

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

11 hours ago, ProStryker said:

I legit think it’s a marketing ploy to say the TD is only for elite players. Who wouldn’t want to be able to say they can hit a club that few are capable of handling? If a person actually is elite then great for them but the illusion/fantasy of being such a person is still satisfying to most people. And I’m definitely not immune to that thinking  😆 

The TD will likely end up in better players’ bags more often as the lie, face angle, and size is geared towards the general preferences of better players. But it’s a lot more forgiving than the old sub zeros where someone really did need higher swing speed and good contact to keep the ball airborne. IMO anyone in the market for a new driver should try them all. Paired with the right shaft all the heads are playable for all skill levels. Just a matter of which one is the most optimal. 

• Like 2

I agree — the TD was pretty forgiving IMO.  Had I not wanted to spend more $$ on another aftermarket shaft I’m sure we could have found a shaft that increased spin for me and the Triple Diamond.   

Although it appears that I’ve pretty maxed out distance-wise for my swing speed with what I’m currently using.  

Edited by Tac
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

The old Sub Zero retail head was lower spin than the unavailable TD tour heads from pre-2021 lines.

It may be true that Callaway moved back to that model in that the Rogue Max LS is lower spin than the Rogue TD, but that was not the case with the 2021 Epic because the Max LS was higher spin than the TD model which was 'pseudo-retail'.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB7 / AI SMOKE 21° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SC PHNTM7.5

6 hours ago, Hstead said:

Tour pros aren't playing the off the shelf heads.  They have two models for Tour Issue, one Low Spin and one that is not Low Spin.  I was able to hit one Callaway Tour players Triple Diamond non Low Spin.  It was consistently 2 to 3 more mph ball speed than the stock TD LS.  I hit them side by side.  

Wow that’s awesome to be able to try both. Wonder how hard it would be to get one of those haha

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

6 hours ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Wow that’s awesome to be able to try both. Wonder how hard it would be to get one of those haha

I was unsuccessful lol.  My buddy doesn't play much anymore and would be a Champions Tour guy when he did.  He had to wait on his until all of the guys that are actually playing had one.  He tried to get me one but the rep said they were out at the moment.  

• Sad 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

On 2/19/2022 at 6:46 AM, LeftyMatt24 said:

I went through a fitting on Friday (albeit with a winter swing) and these were my results.  I was very surprised by how poorly I hit the Ls.  I couldnt spin it enough.  The TripD was awesome for me.  Head scratcher for me.  
When you center the LS, it goes…but oof was I inconsistent with it.  
I really didnt see me getting along with the TripD, but it was the best of everything I tried…barely, barely possibly edging out the Cobra LTDx LS.  Note:  didnt try the LTDx std head because I’m a dope and forgot to ask.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

53 minutes ago, DNice26 said:

I went through a fitting on Friday (albeit with a winter swing) and these were my results.  I was very surprised by how poorly I hit the Ls.  I couldnt spin it enough.  The TripD was awesome for me.  Head scratcher for me.  
When you center the LS, it goes…but oof was I inconsistent with it.  
I really didnt see me getting along with the TripD, but it was the best of everything I tried…barely, barely possibly edging out the Cobra LTDx LS.  Note:  didnt try the LTDx std head because I’m a dope and forgot to ask.

That’s my conundrum with winter rust, the driver that works in February might not be most ideal in August. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NHPingfan said:

That’s my conundrum with winter rust, the driver that works in February might not be most ideal in August. 

Yeah, the season start guy can be fairly different from the mid season form guy….

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Just played a round with my Rogue ST Max LS.

WOW. Just WOW. This has to be the most stable Callaway Epic head I've played as well as the best sounding. Clip it off the toe and heel, its just so stable. I had the G425 LST before moving it on, and it feels very super stable like the LST but with way better sound and better distance.

Very impressed with the Rogue ST. Looks like the Epic Max LS will be BSTed

Well done Callaway 👍

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

Just played a round with my Rogue ST Max LS.

WOW. Just WOW. This has to be the most stable Callaway Epic head I've played as well as the best sounding. Clip it off the toe and heel, its just so stable. I had the G425 LST before moving it on, and it feels very super stable like the LST but with way better sound and better distance.

Very impressed with the Rogue ST. Looks like the Epic Max LS will be BSTed

Well done Callaway 👍

did you get the same loft as your epic max ls?

20 minutes ago, jmc said:

Not this time. I have a 9* Epic Max LS but this time I got a Rogue Max LS 10.5 cranked it down 1.5* (All-Fit Universal) to open up the face to handle the toe hook miss.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

3 hours ago, jmc said:

I moved out of 9* Epic Max Ls to 10.5*

Rogue Max Ls.  Spin was tooo low on the 9* Rogue for me.  All is well when I dropped -1 on the 10.5.  Nice high low spin drives.  It’s just better imo than the epic and the epic was a great driver 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X