2022 Callaway Rogue ST drivers (in-hand photos)

GolfWRX

21 minutes ago, GolfCsty said:

If there was a difference I couldn’t tell. I was hitting a straight little push for the entire session. If anything, now that I think about it, the Max LS possibly has a stronger gear effect. It seamed to come back to center more on toe strikes where the TD LS tended to stay out on the same line as the center strikes when struck on toe. 

Nice. I always felt my epic max ls sat a little more closed compared to Mavrik TD. Can't complain about a little extra gear help to keep the ball on a good line though. Torn between the max ls and TD LS.

56 minutes ago, GolfCsty said:

If there was a difference I couldn’t tell. I was hitting a straight little push for the entire session. If anything, now that I think about it, the Max LS possibly has a stronger gear effect. It seamed to come back to center more on toe strikes where the TD LS tended to stay out on the same line as the center strikes when struck on toe. 

I'm guessing this is probably true. The TD LS has more face bulge, and the MAX LS has a flatter profile.

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

My fitter said they’re seeing a lot of people spin the Max LS a hair less than the TD LS. I did not hit the Max LS in my fitting, to see if that held true for me. 

The feel of the driver is just fantastic. It was the best feeling of anything I hit. The stealth was the worst. 

Hopefully the club will come around release date, and Mother Nature will loosen her icy grip on the Mid Atlantic!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FAbb said:

My fitter said they’re seeing a lot of people spin the Max LS a hair less than the TD LS. I did not hit the Max LS in my fitting, to see if that held true for me. 

The feel of the driver is just fantastic. It was the best feeling of anything I hit. The stealth was the worst. 

Hopefully the club will come around release date, and Mother Nature will loosen her icy grip on the Mid Atlantic!

What did you end up ordering? TD LS in 9? Thanks

I ended up with the TD LS 9 degree head, set to 11 degrees. That’s not something I ever would have thought about doing. I’ve been playing 10 or 10.5 degree heads in standard setting for as long as adjustable drivers have been around.  In retrospect it makes sense, given my ballflight preference and tendencies. 

53 minutes ago, FAbb said:

I ended up with the TD LS 9 degree head, set to 11 degrees. That’s not something I ever would have thought about doing. I’ve been playing 10 or 10.5 degree heads in standard setting for as long as adjustable drivers have been around.  In retrospect it makes sense, given my ballflight preference and tendencies. 

Ok awesome!. Did you see a noticeable difference in the lie angel or how the club looked at address when you lofted up? I have typically gone 10.5 -1 to open up the club a little more and promote a right miss.

1 hour ago, Dsevans8 said:

Ok awesome!. Did you see a noticeable difference in the lie angel or how the club looked at address when you lofted up? I have typically gone 10.5 -1 to open up the club a little more and promote a right miss.

I haven't hit it, but I did take a close look at a MAX LS 9 degree. To me it sits slightly closed at address in N-S. I adjusted it to N+1 and that's definitely too closed for me. Then I set it N-1 and it sits perfect: somewhere between square and a tiny bit open. I didn't change the lie angle so not sure what you might see there.

Again, this is just with my eyes. YMMV

Rogue ST LS 10.5 | TSi2 15 | G425 4H 20.5 | ZX4 4 | ZX5 5-P | CBX ZC 48 & 52.5 | Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 | Itsy Bitsy Spider | TP5x

1 hour ago, Natural1 said:

I haven't hit it, but I did take a close look at a MAX LS 9 degree. To me it sits slightly closed at address in N-S. I adjusted it to N+1 and that's definitely too closed for me. Then I set it N-1 and it sits perfect: somewhere between square and a tiny bit open. I didn't change the lie angle so not sure what you might see there.

Again, this is just with my eyes. YMMV

Yeah I see things the same way really. Standard is a hair closed, -1 sits almost the same as TD , +1 is an automatic hook machine for me haha.

3 hours ago, Dsevans8 said:

I can’t really say. I grip the club with it in the air, and hover at address, so I don’t see the club sitting on the ground. 

I recently got the Epic Max in a 9 degree with a hzardous 60 stiff. Haven't hit it much. I went to the Callaway fitting the other day and hit the Rogue Max. 1st with the tensei 55r and then with the 55s. S was much more accurate and lower spin. 

Pretty much the same numbers in the Epic Max and the Rogue with the 55s shaft. I liked the feel and look of the Rogue a little better. The shaft felt smoother. I was around 97-98mph. with each with a high of 101 with my driver and 102 with the Rogue. Pretty much a toss up but if both drivers were the exact same price I think I'd take the Rogue. I just paid $290 for the Epic Max and have only had it at the range once so sticking with it. 

Edit- I also hit the 10.5 degree. It was oddly way higher launch and spin. My launch went up to 17. With my driver and the Rogue 9degree I was at about 12 with a draw flight and 14 with a fade. I don't like a high tee but they had a really low one. My AoA is usually about 4-4.5 and I was only at around 2.5-3 on the ones I paid attention to.  I did like the lower tee with the Roque though. I got in a nice groove of mid height draws at 140+ ballspeeds. 

Edited by ezra76
  • Like 1

Went to Golf Galaxy this weekend. Sadly they only had LS and TD LS heads at 9*.

I was only getting about 70 ft peak height, and everything was going left and not quite spinning enough.

My current driver was tagged 1.8* open when I got it, and I’ve been playing it either N or -1. So bumping the loft up on a 9 wasn’t going to work very well. My regular swing is a bit out to in with a slightly shut face (close to square to path).

Between the numbers I was seeing and then comparing them to a 9 and 10.5 Max, I felt comfortable ordering a 10.5 TD LS. Going to drop some shaft weight too switching from a Ventus Black 7x to 6x.

The 18th can’t get here soon enough.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8* Ventus TR Red 
Titleist TSR3 16.5* Evenflow T1100

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titleist T350 4 T200 5 T150 6-9 Accra iSeries 125

Titleist Vokey SM9 46*F (@45) / 50*F / 56*D (@55*) / 60*M DG TI X100
SC Super Select Squareback 2

On 1/16/2022 at 1:05 PM, m_w said:

Yea no doubt, I'm not saying at all the Rogue ST isnt worth testing or is a worse product - the opposite - i think the marketing blunders don't help such a good product.

Michael Newton hit the Stealth and the ST Max, numbers are super close. Interesting to see the Rogue launching a tad lower for him.

Rogue ST Max:

image.jpeg.ffac20623063781fedc526c6d1ae3f5a.jpeg

Stealth (non Plus)

image.jpeg.f8c90311ef393e94019ce5e54e4ef376.jpeg

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 11.27.30 AM.png

I also got an email with the bonus code, maybe it is for us nuts that are complusive buyers.....but I'll gladly take it. Got the rogue pro irons coming and a Max LS for about $300 out of pocket.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

If anyone gets a code they’re not gonna use please pm me. Thanks in advance 

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (10.5d) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s (44.75")

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto 125 F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

I just did a fitting today. Tried the new Mizuno ST-Z 220, Stealth +, and Rogue TD. I liked the feel of the ST-Z, but felt like I was just maxing at a limited ceiling with my best stuff in terms of distance. Also ballspeed was killing me as well. The Stealth was good, but was all other the place in my last few swings. Defiantly much further than the ST-Z 220 and decent spin numbers. Then I tried the Rogue. Was getting amazing dispersion numbers and distance was the longest. Ball speed numbers were quite low (avg between 1700-2200). I was concerned they might be too low but fitter said they were ideal for my launch angle at 16-17 degrees average (I hit up quite a bit). What was funny, I thought I was hitting the Max LS the entire time, but it was actually the TD LS. I would’ve though the TD LS would’ve been too much for me, but I kept hitting it so consistent and dropped about 6 drives close in the same place. It was so hard to get this offline. Still, I was hesitant and wanted more forgiveness. I put in an order online for Max LS version since I get 15% veteran discount and have some credits. I just checked my status (only a few hours when I placed the order) and looks like estimated ship time is mid April for Max LS order in stock build (Tensei AV White 65 shaft). Probably a sign I should cancel and wait until February 18 when they hit shelves and grab the TD LS.

Anyone else just put in a stock order recently on Callaway’s site with a long ship date/wait time?

• Like 1

Tried the Max LS yesterday with a Tensei AV White 65s. Out of the 3 lines that my pro shop carries (Ping G425/TM Stealth/Callaway Rogue ST), the Callaway felt and sounded the best. It did the best also with the stock shaft compared to the Kaili white (TM) or Tour65 (Ping), but I then tried my Fuji Pro61tx and it came alive. That combo flat out performed and I really liked the look at address, and it never hurts when the head and shaft colours match 🙂

• Thanks 1

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

I may have missed it in this thread, but does anyone know the head weight of the Max LS?

• Like 1

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

20 hours ago, ian-500 said:

I may have missed it in this thread, but does anyone know the head weight of the Max LS?

195G give or take a couple grams. 

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Ordered the Max LS 9* and was fine with waiting.  Now with all the reviews and folks actually getting some in hand, it’s driving me nuts to have to wait.  Lol. God it’s horrible to be such a ho 🤪

I did manage to get a Max LS 3 wood and that will be here Friday.  So at least I’ll have one new toy to play with.  

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

On 1/31/2022 at 7:50 PM, HarborMike said:

I just did a fitting today. Tried the new Mizuno ST-Z 220, Stealth +, and Rogue TD. I liked the feel of the ST-Z, but felt like I was just maxing at a limited ceiling with my best stuff in terms of distance. Also ballspeed was killing me as well. The Stealth was good, but was all other the place in my last few swings. Defiantly much further than the ST-Z 220 and decent spin numbers. Then I tried the Rogue. Was getting amazing dispersion numbers and distance was the longest. Ball speed numbers were quite low (avg between 1700-2200). I was concerned they might be too low but fitter said they were ideal for my launch angle at 16-17 degrees average (I hit up quite a bit). What was funny, I thought I was hitting the Max LS the entire time, but it was actually the TD LS. I would’ve though the TD LS would’ve been too much for me, but I kept hitting it so consistent and dropped about 6 drives close in the same place. It was so hard to get this offline. Still, I was hesitant and wanted more forgiveness. I put in an order online for Max LS version since I get 15% veteran discount and have some credits. I just checked my status (only a few hours when I placed the order) and looks like estimated ship time is mid April for Max LS order in stock build (Tensei AV White 65 shaft). Probably a sign I should cancel and wait until February 18 when they hit shelves and grab the TD LS.

Anyone else just put in a stock order recently on Callaway’s site with a long ship date/wait time?

Where are you seeing the specific ship time on the site?  I put in a pretty stock order and I'm seeing 1-2 weeks.  Hope it's not that long of a wait.

21 minutes ago, JNewsted said:

Where are you seeing the specific ship time on the site?  I put in a pretty stock order and I'm seeing 1-2 weeks.  Hope it's not that long of a wait.

It was April 15-18 ship time on the site. I called Callaway customer service to confirm and they said it was indeed correct delivery date/time. They said it was strange because they are fully stocked and no shortage of any of the Rogue ST heads. He suspected it must be a shortage of the Tensei AV Xline White 65 stiff shafts. I ended up cancelling the order and am just going to wait til they arrive at stores on Feb. 18. If there is a shortage, I’m guessing there’s already a bunch of these sitting in either stores or warehouses ready for release date. I don’t anticipate too much difficulty or demand in getting same shaft in either the Max LS or TD version.

27 minutes ago, HarborMike said:

It was April 15-18 ship time on the site. I called Callaway customer service to confirm and they said it was indeed correct delivery date/time. They said it was strange because they are fully stocked and no shortage of any of the Rogue ST heads. He suspected it must be a shortage of the Tensei AV Xline White 65 stiff shafts. I ended up cancelling the order and am just going to wait til they arrive at stores on Feb. 18. If there is a shortage, I’m guessing there’s already a bunch of these sitting in either stores or warehouses ready for release date. I don’t anticipate too much difficulty or demand in getting same shaft in either the Max LS or TD version.

That's pretty crazy.  Maybe they get more?

I had a fitting for the callaway rogue st line on Monday and ended up in a TD LS 9degree coming from a G425 LST. My heart was set on the Max LS for the bigger size but honestly the TD LS is not intimidating at all. I hit a couple shots off the toe and heel with TD ls and stability honestly was extremely comparable to my ping. The only difference btw the TD LS and my 425 LST was 3mph ball speed and about 200-300 rpm less spin.  For whatever reason I was able to get a better smash factor with the TD LS with comparable strike location to my ping. I was steered away from max ls purely due to my miss being more left than with TD ls. This was possibly due to slightly more open face on TD or just my overal ability to line the face up more square as I did notice the max ls has a “flatter” looking face and it did always appear to look more shut to me. 

• Like 2

Just got my shipping notification on the Max LS, I was upgraded to two day but still most likely won't see it until Monday which is still excellent. 

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

Just got my shipping notification on the Max LS, I was upgraded to two day but still most likely won't see it until Monday which is still excellent. 

Awesome keep us posted with pictures when you get it. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TSR3 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 Iron 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash