APPLY NOW: Fujikura VENTUS TR Black and Red Shafts! 4 Testers Needed!

How To Apply
1. City, State? Kansas City, Missouri 

2. Handicap? 6.7
3. Current driver setup? TSi2 8 degree with Diamana TB 6 x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6x!!!
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Because I was between the Blue and the Red and this could be my unicorn!
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely, might as well utilize that journalism degree I never used

professionally.  

1. Savannah, Georgia (Play in college in Rome, GA)

2. +1.6

3. Sim2 10.5 @ 8.5 w/ Handcrafted HZRDUS T1100 6.5 65g

4. Black TR 6x

5. Have liked the ventus line when I've tested it. I tend to have a major High launch & spin problem with driver and the T1100 is getting worn out. 

6. Would absolutely do in depth reviews and updates with data & stats from the Mevo. 

1. City, State? Winston-Salem, NC

2. Handicap? +0.3
3. Current driver setup? Stealth Plus 8* with RDX Smoke Green 6.5TX
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black TR 6X

5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I've played the Ventus Black in the past but found them too high launch for me (crazy I know). Loved the feel and everything about the shaft otherwise and the TR sounds like a perfect combination. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

1. Location - Wash, DC

2. Handicap - 1.5
3. Current driver setup - TSi3 w/ Tensi Pro White 1k 60X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft - Black 60X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts - Played OG ventus black for a long time, got kinda stale and switched to the 1k. Interested to see how it plays vs the OG Black but also my current 1k
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates- yes to all the above

1. City, State? Atlanta, GA

2. Handicap? +0.5
3. Current driver setup? with Tour Issue Sim2 8.3 Degree with Ventus Blue 7x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? I would love to test the Black TR 7x shaft.
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Ventus shafts are amazing and I’m hearing that the TR are even better!  I really enjoy the journey of learning about how things work and new tech that will help my game. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes and I have a Mevo Plus with Pro Package so I will provide launch data as well. 

1. Wichita, KS

2. +1.8
3. Titleist TSi3, 8*, diamana whiteboard 70 stiff
4.  VENTUS TR Black 7S
5. I have been really intrigued with testing a Ventus black over the last couple years but have not had the opportunity where I live. Been in love with the whiteboard for many many years because I like the low launch low spin. Open to something different. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course!

1. City, State?  Bedford, NY

2. Handicap? 3
3. Current driver setup?  Ventus Black 6X on Stealth Plus 8. I have a 7X as well that I sometimes get better results with. 
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?   Black - 6X or 7X. I can do head to head or cross between them all on course and TM. 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Because the Black is awesome but I can always use a spin reduction. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely. Love the idea of contributing and bringing some depth/structure to the stuff I’m doing pretty regularly anyway (some might call it tinkering, I say seeking improvement). 

1. Pittsburgh, Pa

2. +1.2
3. TaylorMade Stealth Plus 9*playing 8* w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 60s 45.5”. TaylorMade Stealth 9* playing 8* w/ Ventus Velocore TR Blue 60s
4. Ventus TR Black 60s
5. I bought both the Blue and TR Blue, they both feel great but hit the ball too high and have a tendency to snap hook. I want to try the Black TR 60s to see how it goes vs the Kaili 60x and the other ventus I have. The Kaili hits the ball lower but I hate the feel. I’m in between x & s but getting older and do not feel like swinging hard all the time. My driver club head speed is between 105-115 depending on driver shot purpose. I need something that I don’t have to go at it to have the same shaft reaction which the blue is perfect for except it launches about 2-3* too high.
6. Yes I’m willing to write an in-depth review. I have a BSME and have been an engineer for more than 22 years with a lot of test report writing.

1. City, State? Nicholasville, KY

2. Handicap? 5
3. Current driver setup? G425 Max with Ventus TR blue regular 
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I’d like a little higher flight than I currently have.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

Vessel XV Cart White
Ping G430 Max 12* Ventus TR 5R

Ping G430 Max 3W Ventus Red 6R

Ping G425 4/5/6 Hybrid Regular 
Ping I525 7-U Alta Slate Stiff+1/4 Blue Dot Dot
Ping Glide 4.0 52/56/60 Steelfiber F3 +1/4 Blue Dot
LAB DF 2.1 Blue 35.5 67* 

Titleist Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star

1. City, State? West Deptford, NJ

2. Handicap? 4.0
3. Current driver setup? Mizuno ST-Z 220 / Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? VENTUS TR Black 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I'm currently launching/spinning my driver a little high, and the TR Black as the L/L option is very attractive. The added stability from the TR line can also help increase the consistency of my strikes.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

Driver: Mizuno ST-Z 220 8.5° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5 / 60g

3w: Mizuno ST-Z 15° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

5w: Mizuno ST-Z 18° - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0 / 70g

4i-5i: Mizuno Pro 223 - Project X Rifle 6.5

6i-PW: Mizuno Pro 221 - Project X Rifle 6.5

50.07S: Mizuno T22 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
54.10S: Mizuno T24 - Satin Chrome - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
60.12V: Mizuno T24 - Denim Copper - True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1 T2 - 34"/69° -  Matte Black Shaft - Press No. II 3°

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

1) Austin, TX

2) 5

3) TaylorMade Sim 2 8° Fujikura Ventus Red 6X at 45” (Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood Tensei White Raw 85TX)

4) Black TR 8x 

5) I have really struggled to find a shaft that I like in my 5/7 wood slot and think the Ventus Black TR would really help me keep the spin and launch in check and help me hit my numbers more consistently. 
6) In ridiculous detail. Frequently. 

Taylormade Qi 10 LS 8* Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Qi 10 Tour 3 Wood Ventus TR Black 8X

Ping G430 19* Hybrid Tensei Black 95X

Ping G430 22* Hybrid Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Taylormade P790 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Taylormade MG4 48* HiToe 3rd Gen 54, SM9 60T KBS Tour 120

LAB Mezz Accra shaft

1. City, State? Columbia, SC

2. Handicap? 10
3. Current driver setup? Epic Speed with Atmos Blue 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Thinking I would benefit from the new technology and a higher launch window 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates yes 

- Richmond, IN

- 3 hdcp

- Stealth Plus 8 degree set to lowest loft on sleeve.  Ventus Blue TR 6X shaft.

- I want to try the Black TR 5X

- The Blue TR is really good, but would be interested to compare the lower launching shaft in a lighter weight.  Want to see if I can keep spin and launch down in the lighter weight.

- I can test indoor and outdoor. I have a launch monitor for numbers and can compare to the blue TR.  Would love the opportunity.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current driver setup?
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and fu

1. Tulsa, Oklahoma 

2. 5.3

3. TSI3 8° with Ventus Black 6X

4. Black TR 6S 

5. I want to see how the new Ventus differs from that of my current setup and my back up which is a TSI3 with a Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 X. Also want to provide real world feedback for the users here. 
6. Yes, full right up included. 

Edited by shanerbanner10
  • Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

1. City, State? Scottsdale, AZ

2. Handicap? 15
3. Current driver setup? Ping G425 Obama Kiyoshi Purple
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red, stiff
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Based on the shaft profile, I feel that the red would be a good fit
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

1. City, State? Santa Monica, CA

2. Handicap? 10
3. Current driver setup?

*Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, Ventus Black 6x     tipped an inch
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? BLACK TR

Love the Ventus line, play it in my driver and fairway woods and have heard the the TR isn’t just an enhancement but serves a distinct purpose that would fit my swing perfectly.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

I will absolutely do an in depth review. 

1. City, State? Atlanta, GA

2. Handicap? 6
3. Current driver setup? TSi3 Ventus Blue 6X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red TR 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I like a stiffer feel and stability, but I'd love more launch. Feels like this combination is tough to find.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? 100%

1. City, State? Trumbull, CT

2. Handicap? 1.9
3. Current driver setup? Stealth Plus 9 degree with Ventus Black 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? The Ventus Black has been amazing for me and really turned around my driving. This is the first shaft I've found to keep spin down on a myriad of different strikes. I would absolutely love to test the newest offering
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes !

1. City, State? Lexington, NC

2. Handicap? 3.6
3. Current driver setup? Cobra LTDx LS w/ Ventus TR Blue 7X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus TR Red 7X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I absolutely love the TR blue but would like to see if the red can improve launch and still maintain lower spin to squeeze out a few more yards! 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely! 

Edited by jetmech879

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

1. City, State? Charlottesville, VA

2. Handicap? +2.8
3. Current driver setup? Titleist TSI3 w/ Ventus Black 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? I would like to test the TR Black 5x 
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I would like to see if the increased stability in the new TR line allows players to play a lighter shaft and feel the same stability with more speed and control of the club. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes! I am a college student looking for a career in the golf industry. 

1. Omaha, NE

2. 3.7
3. Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Fujikura Atmos Black 6X
4. Black 6X
5. I love my current set up. I’ve tested multiple head and shaft options and feel like my current set up is optimized. I’ve tested the non TR Ventus and loved it, but not enough to pay the money to upgrade from my current Atmos. 
6. Absolutely. Would love to. I bore my playing partners when they ask for club and shaft recommendations by getting to deep in the details, I’d love to have an audience that cares about the intricate details about the shaft that I’m testing. 

1. City, State? Grand Rapids, MI

2. Handicap? No official…7-8
3. Current driver setup? Kai’li 60TX w/ LTD LS
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Why not…enjoy trying new stuff and the Ventus line has been really good at helping strike points. My go to fairway shaft. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes. 

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

1. City, State? Minneapolis, MN

2. Handicap? 6

3. Current driver setup? TSi3 with Ventus TR Blue 6x 43 1/2”

4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x

I recently picked up the Ventus TR Blue and want to find something slightly more stable and low launching to fight my overdraw.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

Absolutely! First thing would be to book some launch monitor time and compare the two head to head. Second post would be after some time on the course. Third post would be a long-term update.

Driver - TSI3 - Tensei AV White S

3W - Ping G410 - Tensei AV Orange X

Driving Iron  - PXG 0311x - MMT 80 S

4-8 - PXG 0211 - Elevate Tour S

9-W - PXG 0311p - Elevate Tour S

G&S - PGX 0311 Forged - Elevate Tour S

Putter - EVNROLL - ER7

1. City, State? Pottstown, PA

2. Handicap? +1
3. Current driver setup? Stealth Plus 8 degree w/ Accra TZ Six 6x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Have played them all at some point - I think the Red could be the perfect driver fit, would love to compare to past models and my current gamer.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? 100%. Work in marketing, would enjoy it!

1. City, State? Denver, CO

2. Handicap? 7

3. Current driver setup? Sim 2 8.5 with a Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec  7-X

4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? 

Ventus TR Black 7-X

5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love my Fujikuras. I played the original Speeder 757, Speeder EVO VII 757, and Pro 2.0. Fujikura has never done me wrong and I've been dying to get my hands on a Ventus Black. I would love to try something stiffer in the tip and handle to tighten up my dispersion and lower the spin.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course and I'll use a real DSLR to take the pics!

Edited by Twonger
Misspelling

1. City, State? Madison, WI

2. Handicap? 9
3. Current driver setup? Titleist TS3 - Project X Evenflow White T1100
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 5S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I love a higher launching driver flight, and the 5S intrigues me to see if I can get more speed without giving up stability
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? 100%

Ping G430 10.5

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5

Cobra OS 19/22

PXG 0317 5-PW

PXG Sugar Daddy 50

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

Odyssey Versa Seven

1. Ellicott City, MD

2. 1.7
3.  TM Stealth+ 10.5 / Mitsubishi Kai’li White 70TX 
4.  Red 7X
5.  The Ventus has to be One of best shafts ever made.  Would love to try the new version and compare to my current Mitsubishi  shaft.
6.   Yes

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

1. City, State? Brooklyn, NY

2. Handicap? 8.3
3. Current driver setup? TSI 3 10.5, Ventus Red 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Red 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Always curious about an upgrade. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes