2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: Fujikura VENTUS TR Black and Red Shafts! 4 Testers Needed!

1. City, State?

Phoenix, AZ

2. Handicap?

3. Current driver setup?

PING G425 9* LST (small minus), Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Limited 70TX, 45’’

4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? 
Ventus Black TR 7 X-Stiff

5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?

Had the opportunity to spend a great deal of time hitting & fitting the Ventus line, the results & product saturation in the marketplace and on tour was truly incredible. Comparing and contrasting the new additions to the ventus line would be a lot of fun! 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

Yes, certainly! 

Thanks for the potential opportunity Fujikura team! 

PING G410 LST 9* w/Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70x
PING G410 5w, -1.5* w/Mitsubishi Diamana 80x
PING iBlades 3-PW w/DG X100
PING Glide Forged 50,54,60 w/DG X100
PING Cushin, Wrx Special ;) 

1. City, State: San Diego, CA

2. Handicap? 6.6

3. Current driver setup? Cobra LTDx LS with Ventus Red 6S

4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus TR Red 6S

5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Based on the initial descriptions, this will slight lower launching and spin than the red which is what I'm using now. I do occasionally miss it left more than I'd like so I'm hoping the TR will straighten things out. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes 

Driver: Titleist TSR2 w/Tour AD-TP

Fairways: TaylorMade M1 (2017) Aldila Black; Callaway Epic Flash 7 wood

Irons: Cobra KING Forged Tec Irons Steelfiber i110cw

Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 54*; Titleist SM9 58*

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour 

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

1. City, State? San Francisco, CA

2. Handicap? 11.7
3. Current driver setup? OG Sim 9* with Motore X F3 6S
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Need higher launch with tighter dispersion and control. The TR Red might be exactly what I’m looking for. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, absolutely. 

Edited by jyi1014

1. City, State?  Edmond, OK

2. Handicap?  +0.7
3. Current driver setup?  TM Stealth Plus 9* - LA Golf Trono 65X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red TR 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Hottest shafts on tour, but haven't found a perfect Ventus for me yet. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes, and I have access to a Trackman

Titleist TSR3 10* | Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Titleist TSR2 15* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S

Callaway UW 19* | Graphite Design Tour AD MJ 8X

Titleist T350 4I | True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist T200 5-GW | Project X IO 6.0 

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 54* Mid | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Callaway RTX6 Zipcore Raw 60* Low | Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 | BGT Stability Carbon

Srixon Z Star Diamond

How To Apply
1. Hurricane, WV

2. 5.3 Handicap
3. TaylorMade Stealth with Diamana ZF in TX
4. Ventus Black in X Stiff  
5. Was playing a Ventus Blue previously and switched out to the ZF. Would really like to give the TR a test alongside to see if it can get back in the bag. I like the idea / Profile of the TR better than the original based on profile description. 
6. Absolutely! I think the experience/fun of hitting new shafts and clubs is extremely exciting and fun to share. For us tech junkies this is what excites us about golf and being able to tinker with our setups and dive in on the tech. 

1. City, State?: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

2. Handicap?: 3.9
3. Current driver setup?: PING G400 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65-X (45.25", tipped 1.5")
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?: Ventus Red TR  
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?: Experimented with the Ventus Blue TR and it didn't blow me away but the TR iteration of the Ventus Red has me extremely intrigued because it may make the shaft playable in my bag vs the Blue TR
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?: Absolutely I am, would be incredibly excited by the opportunity (I also have access to a TrackMan so can provide #'s/Data with my review as well)

Edited by CKaneb

Driver: Titleist TSR3 10° (@ 9.25°, B3 SureFit Setting) w/ Project X Small Batch HZRDUS Smoke Green PVD 60 6.5TX (45") D4

3 Wood: Titleist TS2 15° (C4 SureFit Setting) w/ Project X Small Batch HZRDUS Smoke Green PVD 70 6.5TX (43, tipped 0.5") D4

3 Iron: TaylorMade P790 18° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD HY 95-X (40") D4

Irons: Titleist 620 CB (4 - 9) w/ KBS Tour 125 S+ | D4

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 (46° @ 45°-10F, 50°-12F, 54°-08M), Vokey SM7 (58°-03A) w/ KBS Tour 125 S+ (46°, 50°) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125 S Black PVD (54°, 58°) | D5

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 1 Black (35.5")

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord Midsize (1 + 1) & Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack Midsize (1 + 1), Golf Pride Pro Only 72cc

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?
3. Current driver setup?
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

1. Hartselle, AL - Burningtree CC

2. 4.8

3. Callaway Rogue TD LS, 9* @ -1/N, Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X, 45”

4. Ventus TR Black 7X 

5. Played Fujikura shafts almost exclusively in my woods for nearly 15 years. OG Speeder 757 TS stayed in my bag for a LONG time… still have two do them. Then various head combos with the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 TS, Speeder Evo IV 757, and currently the Atmos Black TS. Tested the original Ventus Black/Blue 6X/7X against my current setup and decided to stick with the Atmos. Slightly better numbers with the Ventus, but I couldn't justify the upgrade at the time. Would liked to have had more time with the Black 6X and 7X though. I’ve always felt better in a 70-80g shaft and I was surprised by the 6X, but never got it on the course. 
6. Sure! Of course! Absolutely! 

Edited by MFBach

1. City, State?

Overland Park, KS

2. Handicap? 1
3. Current driver setup? Rogue ST 10.5 w/ Graphite Design Ad DI 6s Black
Red TR 6s

-I have been playing the Ad Di for 8 years and haven’t found anything that will top it. I used to play fujikura green speeder.  Would love to find that same stability but with the forgiveness of my current shaft.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

-Absolutely 

1. Scottsdale, AZ 

2. 8 

3. Ventus Blue 7x straight in @ 45.5 inches in Callaway Epic Max LS 9 degree played @ 8 degrees with Midsize MCC +4 Grip

4. (1)Ventus Black TR 5x straight in at 45.5" (2) Ventus Black TR 6S straight in @ 45.5 (3) Ventus Red TR 6x

5. I've had a "Ventus addiction" the past 2 years but my Ventus "hoeing" has been cut off as the wife and I just bought a house. If I want to keep my wife this is my only chance to own a Ventus TR. To date I've owned every Ventus Velocore profile in many flexes (5x, 6s, 6x, 6tx, 7s, 8s, and 8x (including Blue TR and Blue HB). Selling my Ventus Black 5x is my biggest "shaft" regret, just felt a little too loose so a TR version maybe my unicorn!  I played a Ventus Black 6x the longest of all but just felt it required everything I had and the 6s was to loose so a Ventus Black TR 6s could be the ONE. Last but not least the Ventus Red 6x I had, may of been, the funnest to hit but I could lose it left.

6. Yes, yes, and yes!

1. Mililani, HI

2. +2.3

3. Cobra 9 LTD LS with MotoreX F1 X-Stiff 44.75 inch. .25 inch tipped

4. Ventus Black TR 6X, high speed fast tempo player looking to reduce spin

5. Fitting center recommended I switch to Ventus Black 6X .25 inch tipped because it gave me 2 more MPH consistently with average of 90 RPM lower spin rate. Curious what TR can offer.

6. Absolutely, I played D1 and pro level before. I can provide in-depth reviews and details with my experience

1. City, State? Foster City, CA

2. Handicap? 0.8
3. Current driver setup? Taylormade 2020 SIM w/ Ventus Blue TR or Kuro Kage XTS
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? The previous Black 6x was a bit too light, this new one sounds perfect. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course 👍 

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Tensei AV White 85TX 1.0 // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour X  // Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour X
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-7i 26*- 34* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 38*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Eugene, OR - 17.9 Handicap

Current driver - Titleist TS2 10.5* w Ventus 5-R 4T-Core

Would like to test - VENTUS TR Red 6-R

I really like the Ventus 4T-Core but would love to experience the stability, feel, and technology of the full spectrum VeloCore Technology

I will provide an in-depth written review, high quality photos, and future updates.

1. Albany, New York

2. Handicap: 6
3. Current driver setup: Taylormade Stealth 9.0* Tour AD DI 6X     45.75"
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test: Ventus TR Red, 6X, 7s or 7X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts. Always looking to see what can ben improved
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates: Yes of course

How To Apply
1. City, State? Boston MA

2. Handicap? 5
3. Current driver setup TSi4 8 w Hzrdus smoke green rdx 60g 6.0
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Black 6s
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Loved the feel of TR blue but it brought the lefts in. Hoping the stiffer tip of black prevents that 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes 

1. City, State? Mingo Jct., Ohio

2. Handicap? = 6
3. Current driver setup? Titleist TSi3/ Fujikura Motore F1 Stiff
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Have used these shafts since the mid-2000's
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

1. City, State? Fairfield, PA

2. Handicap? 3.5
3. Current driver setup? Cobra Rad Speed 9* (set to standard) with Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60 gram X-Stiff
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Would like to get back to a slightly higher launch, but more so the feel of a softer mid section.  I have a smoother transition and think the mid launch would provide the feel I'm looking for.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

1. City, State? Columbia, MD

2. Handicap? +0.7
3. Current driver setup? G425 LST w/Fubuki J50x
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 5s
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I've been searching for a replacement for my long discontinued go-to driver shaft.  I'm on the last one I have been able to get, and it's not likely to survive another pull.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

How To Apply
1. City, State? San Angelo, Texas

2. Handicap? 5.5
3. Current driver setup? Mizuno STZ 220, Ventus Red Tx tipped 1/2”.
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red 6X.
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I have been a big fan of all the Ventus shafts so far. Have used Blue, Red and Original TR and am very interested in comparing this new version. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely, I will give an in-depth and honest review!

1. City, State? Detroit, MI

2. Handicap? 6
3. Current driver setup? Rogue 10.5 with Aldila Tour Green 65 stiff
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus TR Red 6 or 7 s
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I'm interested in more launch combined with stability 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? 100%

1. Johnstown, PA

2. 2
3. Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 @ 8.5* Ventus Black 6X
4. VENTUS TR Red 6x 
5. Have tried both the original Blue and Black profiles.  Currently gaming the Black 6X.  Want to give the Red profile a shot.
6. Yes!

Edited by jblough99

Driver: Ping G430 10K (Tour Issue) 7.5* Diamana WB 63TX

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

1. City, State? Falls Church, VA

2. Handicap? 8.3
3. Current driver setup? Ping G425 w/ventus “purple”
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  TR Red 6/7x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? just started playing a ventus red tipped to be “purple” and want to see what a factory-made stiffer tip will do. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

1. City, State?  Forest Hill, TX

2. Handicap?  4
3. Current driver setup?  Mizuno ST190G, HZRDUS Black 6.0
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  TR Black 6 S
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts?  Never played a Ventus, there's still room left on the table, and I would like a non made-for shaft.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Of course.

1. City, State? Cary, NC

2. Handicap? 25
3. Current driver setup? Tour Edge C721 wth Ventus Red Regular
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Ventus Red 6 - Regular
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Have the Red Vebntus in my current set up and would love an upgraded shaft. Plus, seeing it used on tour makes it that much more interesting to me.

1. Kansas City, MO

2. Handicap? 1.0
3. Current driver setup? Taylormade Stealth Plus 9 w/ Ventus TR Blue 6X 
4.VENTUS TR Black 6X  
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I have the Blue and looking to see what the Black would bring to the table.  
6. Absolutely, in addition I have access to a GCQuad to get real numbers data to show everyone as well.  It would be awesome to see how the data stacks up.

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

How To Apply
1. City, State? Greenville, MI

2. Handicap? 7.5
3. Current driver setup? Stealth w/ Ventus velocore black
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Ventus TR black 6x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? Looking for slightly lower spin vs the velocore 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely 

1. City, State? Madison, AL

2. Handicap? 3
3. Current driver setup? Callaway Rogue Ventus Blue 6X
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test?  Red 6X
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I'm curious about all in Ventus line! After seeing my improvement with blue IMO profile was different for me vs. reading reviews on this site.  I have generally been fit into M/H launch low spin shafts in the past.
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

1. City, State? Charlotte, North Carolina

2. Handicap? 12
3. Current driver setup? Stealth with Ventus red
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? Red TR
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TR shafts? I would love to see how the Red TR feels in comparison to my gamer red 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Certainly am

1. City, State? Tulsa, Ok

2. Handicap? +2.7
3. Current driver setup? G425 max w - Accra RPG m5+
4. Which VENTUS TR shaft (Black or Red) and flex would you like to test? TR Black 7x
5. Why do you want to test Fujikura's newest line of Ventus TRshafts? I enjoyed the original black line and have been hoping a TR version of the black profile would be released eventually. 
6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely.

Edited by Rosco1216

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona