2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

atursky

I have been testing these three drivers recently, G430 LST, Paradym triple 💎 and the old gamer TSR2

After a few tweaks I think I have the Ping set up perfectly and tomorrow it gets to fight for its life on the course!

596BF76B-1A6D-4FED-AD0E-62C5AA1C732E.jpeg

• Like 3

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

10 hours ago, craz-e said:

I have been testing these three drivers recently, G430 LST, Paradym triple 💎 and the old gamer TSR2

After a few tweaks I think I have the Ping set up perfectly and tomorrow it gets to fight for its life on the course!

596BF76B-1A6D-4FED-AD0E-62C5AA1C732E.jpeg

How would you compare the three? 

• Like 1

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

After hitting the G430 Max with the Tour Chrome 2.0 in the simulator a couple of times and a very good round on the course I pulled the trigger, and the Sim2 Max has been kicked out of the bag after 2 years.  My only regret is my search for a new driver was cut short by the consistency I saw with the Max in the simulator and the stellar on course performance.  YMMV and I know this sound like a Ping add for Spinsistency, but my consistency with spin was significantly better than any other club I have hit. On course, I was longer with the TSR2 and TSR3 but was significantly more accurate with the G430 Max.

I will add that although I only hit the TSR2/3 and Stealth 2 this year, last year I put the Sim2 Max up against almost every club on the market with a variety of different shafts. This will be the first Ping Driver I've gamed, and I have to saw it seems like the G430 fits my swing significantly better than anything else I've hit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, boycer said:

How would you compare the three? 

ping lowest launch, Callaway mid launch TSR2 highest launch 

TSR2 most forgiving, Ping maybe fractionally harder to hit than Callaway.

Ping is the easiest to hit straight 

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Yeah, Ping is a straight bullet machine but the Callaway across the face is crazy forgiving 

Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Im not understanding the ping hard to hit but yet easiest to hit straight talk? Lol i hit ping g430 Lst today. Very very easy to hit. Very very straight. Very long. Sounds unbelievable feels unbelievable. Mizuno was shockingly real good. Im a callaway guy but i thought everything else felt just as good if not better. This was indoor. The trip diamond was easy to hit per se.. but not as forgiving to me still. I was seeing great numbers and flight with ping lst.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:13 PM, Multipass613 said:

Well... I've officially lost my WRX status.

Went to a Ping fitting day at my local range, saw the best results with a 10.5 MAX head and the Kaili in Stiff. Very accurate and could step on it to roll out to 295 yards on trackman. Not sure how to come out to my father that I'm a 10 degree guy now...

And what girl will want to date me now that I'm not a 9 degree Xstiffer? 😂

Just tell the girls that Rahm uses a 10.5* driver and don't mention the shaft flex. 

On 4/29/2023 at 5:48 PM, wobgon said:

What is the stock weight of each?

G425 Max had a stock weight of 26gr and G430 Max has a stock weight of 25gr. Weights may very due to heads being all a bit different in weight.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

I heard PING lowered the spin profile on the 430 max that brings it closer to the 425 LST and the new LST model will be a super low spin bomber. 

has anyone else gone from the 410/425 LST 3w to the 430 Max 3W?  

if so, what are your thoughts?

PING G430 LST 9* Tour AD DI 6X

Mizuno ST-G 15* Tour AD DI 7X

Titleist TSR2 18* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT115X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM10 48F 53D 58D

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

Well that was a failed experiment.  G425 LST staying the the bag and the G430 Max with the Ping Tour 2.0 75x will be hitting the classifieds over the weekend.

I just got a better trajectory with the 425 LST.  I guess when something works, I need to remind myself not to tinker blindly 🙃

• Like 2

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

1 hour ago, BigBlue7 said:

Well that was a failed experiment.  G425 LST staying the the bag and the G430 Max with the Ping Tour 2.0 75x will be hitting the classifieds over the weekend.

I just got a better trajectory with the 425 LST.  I guess when something works, I need to remind myself not to tinker blindly 🙃

Did you try the g430 LST? 

2 hours ago, AzSuperHack76 said:

Did you try the g430 LST? 

No demo heads yet. And $550😳😳

Evnroll ER2

Titleist ProV1

On 4/27/2023 at 4:02 PM, COmedic said:

I’m loving the 9° Max, for real seeing some of the longest drives I’ve hit in a while. Started with Black 2.0 stiff, was seeing some blocks. Now in a Chrome 2.0 65 stiff. My only complaint in the current setup is I’ve had a couple pulls/hooks. More of a tempo issue on my end, but I may play with moving weight towards the toe to mitigate. Killer driver though!

What is the ideal setup to stop a pull? I’ve new to the adjustable driver gang. Got a 9 degree G430 max with the Adila rogue white 70 S. My miss has been a pull with it. I have trouble with too steep / out to in  of a swing with my longer clubs. But I’m hitting some bombs with it. Just wanting to reduce the damage on my bad swings for now. Havnt trying any of the sleeve settings 

Just now, Goober8 said:

What is the ideal setup to stop a pull? I’ve new to the adjustable driver gang. Got a 9 degree G430 max with the Adila rogue white 70 S. My miss has been a pull with it. I have trouble with too steep / out to in  of a swing with my longer clubs. But I’m hitting some bombs with it. Just wanting to reduce the damage on my bad swings for now. Havnt trying any of the sleeve settings 

Flat setting for my driver has me hitting straight and long. Still tinkering with flat “-“ vs. flat standard. Also I’m loving the tour chrome 2.0 shaft. It’s not so boards as the black but loads and unloads so consistent, which has kept me from trying to overswing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, COmedic said:

Flat setting for my driver has me hitting straight and long. Still tinkering with flat “-“ vs. flat standard. Also I’m loving the tour chrome 2.0 shaft. It’s not so boards as the black but loads and unloads so consistent, which has kept me from trying to overswing.

They had me between the chrome X and the rogue white S. Even tho it’s not a stock shaft they included it ( by accident??) lol. I felt that the extra stiff was a bit too much and I seemed to hit the rogue white stiff better than the chrome stiff. I’m going to try to flat setting today. Does moving the weight one way or the other help? I seem to be hitting it on the toe so I may move it too. Does it do anything else other than flatten it? Face angle or loft? I really need to find the manual and read it. 

2 minutes ago, Goober8 said:

They had me between the chrome X and the rogue white S. Even tho it’s not a stock shaft they included it ( by accident??) lol. I felt that the extra stiff was a bit too much and I seemed to hit the rogue white stiff better than the chrome stiff. I’m going to try to flat setting today. Does moving the weight one way or the other help? I seem to be hitting it on the toe so I may move it too. Does it do anything else other than flatten it? Face angle or loft? I really need to find the manual and read it. 

Simplest way to think of it is that lie angle changes starting line, and moving the weight adjusts ball flight. So if you are starting straight then seeing too much draw, slide the weight towards the toe. I tinkered with moving weight but the flat lie setting has me hitting where I want to. I also have felt that shafts with too low of launch tend to pull or hook due to me trying too hard to load or not having enough spin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, COmedic said:

Simplest way to think of it is that lie angle changes starting line, and moving the weight adjusts ball flight. So if you are starting straight then seeing too much draw, slide the weight towards the toe. I tinkered with moving weight but the flat lie setting has me hitting where I want to. I also have felt that shafts with too low of launch tend to pull or hook due to me trying too hard to load or not having enough spin. 

So flatter lie angle should start the ball farther right? (Righty )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, COmedic said:

I did not get along with the flat - setting at all lol. Was hitting the ball way down on the face. But I bumped it back up to neutral and starting hitting the ball very well. So something clicked. Then I tried to put the weight on draw and that was a mistake. It’s crazy how different the club feel from moving the weight. Thanks for explaining everything to me though! Gonna keep it on neutral for now 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Goober8 said:

I did not get along with the flat - setting at all lol. Was hitting the ball way down on the face. But I bumped it back up to neutral and starting hitting the ball very well. So something clicked. Then I tried to put the weight on draw and that was a mistake. It’s crazy how different the club feel from moving the weight. Thanks for explaining everything to me though! Gonna keep it on neutral for now 

All of these different settings are worth trying out, but I had similar results.  Flat setting has never worked for me.  Weight in the toe had moderate success, but introduced a bit too much of a fade.  Weight in the heel (draw) just introduces too much pull tendencies.  

I have ended up bone stock, standard loft setting, weight in the middle.  And still loving the G430 with Smoke Black RDX.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready 2 One & Done PN Putter

4 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

All of these different settings are worth trying out, but I had similar results.  Flat setting has never worked for me.  Weight in the toe had moderate success, but introduced a bit too much of a fade.  Weight in the heel (draw) just introduces too much pull tendencies.  

I have ended up bone stock, standard loft setting, weight in the middle.  And still loving the G430 with Smoke Black RDX.

Yep the draw setting had me snap hooking everything. But I’m hitting it pretty good with everything on neutral 

I’ve been testing drivers all spring and they are all great. Paradym Triple was really solid but something about the way the lead edge and heel stuck out looked wrong to me, 8 degree. Can’t argue the performance though. Cobra ls was very good too but I couldn’t get my launch down enough. Both heads I tested looked to have a ton of loft even though they were 9 degrees. I haven’t hit a Ping driver since the Rapture. On a whim I tried the 430 LST. I loved the way it felt with both the chrome and black 2.0 so I borrowed a demo head and installed a ping adapter on my Diamana Gt50 x. I have it set -1 on the loft in standard. I can’t believe how good my ball flight is and how consistent it is even when I miss it a bit. I’m finding it very easy to hit the sweet spot with this combo and I think I’ve found my driver. The flight is addicting to look up and see it in the exact same window. I also love the way the face sits which is all I care about looks wise. If the face looks wrong to me I struggle to make good contact. 

TAYLORMADE QI 10LS 8* GD VF 50 X

PING G425 LST 14.5 Rogue 80X

PING G430 HY 17* Tour 2.0 X

PING G430 HY 19* Tour 2.0 X

PING BLUEPRINT S Accra Green 125

PING S159 50S, 54H, 58S Accra 130

I series steel shafts 

PING OSLO 3 PLD PLUS no sight line dot only                   

2 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

I have to do everything I can to stop left misses. So I play flat setting, weight towards toe. Flat setting works great. I love the ability to do that with Ping. 

4 minutes ago, tlinnert said:

I have to do everything I can to stop left misses. So I play flat setting, weight towards toe. Flat setting works great. I love the ability to do that with Ping. 

Totally hear you—different strokes for different folks.  The adjustability on the Ping drivers is great, and really does make a difference.  

I’ve “messed around” with some of the settings so far early in this season, and when I deviate from my ideal settings, it really has cost me some poor holes or rounds.  I am leaving it right where it is for the time being!

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready 2 One & Done PN Putter