2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G430 LST and Max drivers, G430 Max fairway wood & G430 hybrid – 2022 Shriners Children's Open

atursky

13 minutes ago, NNJ said:

I take it there’s no real distance loss? (Or at least not enough to make you switch drivers)?

I’m really in a fight with my ego on this decision. I do play a few short drivable par 4s, where I can just about get it to the green and a loss of 5-10 yards might take it out of play…overall of course I’d be far better off with more fairways, but driving those greens every once in awhile is what makes you wanna keep coming out to play.

No loss of distance for me but your mileage may vary. I actually prefer the heavier feel to the G430 LST as well and the lower flight window

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

anyone slower swingers compare the G425 hybrid to the G430 hybrid?  I owned the 5h and 6h G425 hybrids briefly but they never stuck and went back to my old Exotics hybrids.  The Pings just felt kinda heavy and clunky to me.  Got a G430 5h coming in on Globals U try it program tomorrow and curious what to expect.  I like that now they offer a hybrid shaft in the 60g range (Red RDX Smoke) no charge custom order, as I have played forever with a 62-64g shaft in my hybrids.  The Alta in the 70g range just felt sluggish to me.    If it shows promise on the trial I will probably end up going with one with the Smoke red shaft as I really like that shaft in the G430 Max driver that I game.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING PLD Anser 2D

50 minutes ago, erock9174 said:

anyone slower swingers compare the G425 hybrid to the G430 hybrid?  I owned the 5h and 6h G425 hybrids briefly but they never stuck and went back to my old Exotics hybrids.  The Pings just felt kinda heavy and clunky to me.  Got a G430 5h coming in on Globals U try it program tomorrow and curious what to expect.  I like that now they offer a hybrid shaft in the 60g range (Red RDX Smoke) no charge custom order, as I have played forever with a 62-64g shaft in my hybrids.  The Alta in the 70g range just felt sluggish to me.    If it shows promise on the trial I will probably end up going with one with the Smoke red shaft as I really like that shaft in the G430 Max driver that I game.  

92'ish on the driver- bag 430 5h and 425 6h

My opinion- 430 is built for distance with a muted carbon sound/feel. It's a rocket launcher - low side of mid IMO. I have zero problems with this club

425 launches and spins more, for me. Feel like I can control height and shot shape better. Really like this club as well

• Like 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

2 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

92'ish on the driver- bag 430 5h and 425 6h

My opinion- 430 is built for distance with a muted carbon sound/feel. It's a rocket launcher - low side of mid IMO. I have zero problems with this club

425 launches and spins more, for me. Feel like I can control height and shot shape better. Really like this club as well

100% this. I'm a mid swing speed player and g430 definitely spins lower and gives better distance for me. 

For a slower swing speed you could see less distance with g430 if it's too low spin. I recommend testing both. 

Can't go wrong with either (both crushed in mgs testing). Just need the right fit. 

• Like 1

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

7 hours ago, Multipass613 said:

Worth posting again about my successes with the G430 Max Driver, 10.5 degree, kaili white S flex. 105 ss for reference.

I'm a 7 hc recreational golfer, work long hours behind a computer, get out 1-2 times a week usually without the luxury of warmup time.

This freaking driver has been a game changer for me, first season in my life where I've had equal confidence with my driver and 3 wood off the tee. I've been bombing it to places I've never reached on my usual courses before. I'm 37 with injuries and this thing has rolled back the clock like I'm 21 again.

Don't get sucked into the idea that the MAX is a forgiving driver with sacrificed distance. It's absolutely forgiving, and that's translated into more real world 280-300+ yard drives than I've ever had in a season. Hitting fairways means you'll get more roll, find slopes, hotter bounces, get full benefit from wind, etc. Golf isn't trackman.

There's no room for logic and common sense on this site Mr.!😆

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, scojo said:

I have Ventus Blue TR 7TX in the Paradym TD and couldn’t close the face. I don’t know if it’s a shaft deal or the head. I have Ventus Black 6TX with ping tip but I just think it’s a little too light. 

I need that ventus black. Send it over lol

Edited by PlatinumNike

I got fit for a 430 Max with the 9 degree head back in April. But I did not purchase the club because it was very similar to my 400 Max. Better sound and feel, sure. I did not want to spend that much for very little gain. Almost same distance and dispersion etc. But recently I found a bnew 430 MAX with a 10.5 head and bought it, less $250 from retail. 

I thought that the 10.5, lofted down would be the same for me with the 9 I tried. Well, it was not. My G400 Max were all 10.5 and lofted them down to the lowest settings and they were just fine. the 10.5 of the 400 MAX was so left biased that I need to loft them down to make them playable for me. I thought it would be the same for the 430. Nope. It works fine but I found out that I need to really work hard for it to not go way right. 

I am thinking on playing the 430 on the small minus because when I play it on 10.5, it does not go right anymore but it does launch high and I lose a bit of distance. 

10.5 Max arrived after my round yesterday - my swing is presently more garbage than normal -  LST and me have been having a difficult time. Just not getting the launch anymore - there's something about the overall weight and the way it interacts with the hosel .....it's been throwing my takeaway since I've switched. 

Max definitely gave me back my launch, immediately......feels heavier than the LST and my triceps sorta confirm this AM . 

We'll see.....I need my consistent driving back

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

Went from 410 LST to 425 Max to 430 LST, all paired with Ventus 6S. The heavier stock headweight on 430 finally got me to cut my shaft's playing length from 45.5" to 44.75" at a comfortable D3, was like D7 before but was no problem in the previous lighter heads. I think I finally found my winning combo. Feels like a little sledgehammer but highly controllable. My range session last night gave me a level of control and confidence to freely swing the driver I haven't had for a while, even with some rust in my game as of late. What a great club. 

Ping G425 Max, 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TS2, 15, Hzrdus Smoke Black 70, 6.0

Apex UW, 19, AD-DI 8S

Srixon ZX, 23

Ping i230, 5-PW, Modus 120x

Ping S159, 48.12 S (at 49)

Vokey SM10, 54.12 D

Vokey SM9, 60.12 D (at 59)

Odyssey Triple Track Ten S, 33.5"

Z-Star Diamond 

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Alta vs the tour chrome 2.0 shaft? Driver swing speed around 98. Play g410 5 wood and a couple ping hybrids in the Alta regular flex with success. 

Gonna try a G430 max driver and debating the Alta vs chrome. I’m pretty rural and getting a decent fitting is a hassle so gonna order and go for it. Years ago I was fit into a Chem C6 blue stiff shaft and currently play that in a sim max but got the itch to try a ping driver since I like the fairways and hybrids.  I will probably play it at 44.75 in length. 

thanks 

Got mine around Feb earlier this year.  G430 MAX is so forgiving on mis hits.  Best around imo.  I tried some other drivers along th way and while a couple may have been slightly longer the MAX is a fairway finder.  I won't be looking at another driver until the G435MAX in 2025.

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Looking forward to testing a new shaft in the LST. The Kai’Li white for me is a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde, after testing a few earlier on the range decided to go back to a range of shafts that just seem to work, the Hzrdus from Project X.

I have a Blue on order and will keep you all posted!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

Is anyone here using the G430 3W. (Max or LST) cranked up all the way to play as a 4w? I’m getting fit on Thursday by a Ping fitter at my CC but that’s my plan to replace my TSi3 4W (16.5*) as my son stole that from me haha. My Titleist is 95% a tee only club but I’m hoping with a bit shallower face the Ping will be more versatile for me allowing me to hit it more often off of the deck. My idea is to crank up a 3W and testing out both the 3W and 5W length shafts. I don’t want to flatten a 5W by cranking it down all the way as I want my fairway wood to be easier to draw as half the time I pull it it’s because I want a draw I can count on more than distance due to a dogleg.

If that doesn’t go well then I’ll try out the 5W but the shallow face scares me a bit for tee shots but that’s with zero experience hitting it so who knows. I will be adding a G430 4H and possibly 3H too as I love my 26* 5H so much paired with the 80g Red RDX shaft. I think I’m sacrificing a hair distance with a shaft that is conducive to more spin but I want the ball to stop reasonably well as I do lay up from time to time and try to hit greens multiple times a round at my home course with it and honestly it’s been the best club in my bag since I got it in late May or June (forget now). 

Titleist TSR2 9*

Ping G430 3w & 5w

Ping   22* & 26* G430 Hybrids

Srixon ZX5 6i-PW, CBX Zipcore 48*,  54* & 58*

Odyssey Ai-ONE Rossie S

Srixon Z-Star

Shotscope X5

Ping Hoofer 14 Way

QOD Motorized Pushcart & Clicgear Model 8

3 hours ago, vonbonds said:

Is anyone here using the G430 3W. (Max or LST) cranked up all the way to play as a 4w? I’m getting fit on Thursday by a Ping fitter at my CC but that’s my plan to replace my TSi3 4W (16.5*) as my son stole that from me haha. My Titleist is 95% a tee only club but I’m hoping with a bit shallower face the Ping will be more versatile for me allowing me to hit it more often off of the deck. My idea is to crank up a 3W and testing out both the 3W and 5W length shafts. I don’t want to flatten a 5W by cranking it down all the way as I want my fairway wood to be easier to draw as half the time I pull it it’s because I want a draw I can count on more than distance due to a dogleg.

If that doesn’t go well then I’ll try out the 5W but the shallow face scares me a bit for tee shots but that’s with zero experience hitting it so who knows. I will be adding a G430 4H and possibly 3H too as I love my 26* 5H so much paired with the 80g Red RDX shaft. I think I’m sacrificing a hair distance with a shaft that is conducive to more spin but I want the ball to stop reasonably well as I do lay up from time to time and try to hit greens multiple times a round at my home course with it and honestly it’s been the best club in my bag since I got it in late May or June (forget now). 

I have G430 LST 3 and G430 Max 5 and 7 wood heads.  I’ve been tinkering with all 3 at different lofts.  I’ve tested the 3 LST turned up to 16.5* and the 5 Max turned down to 16.5* with the same shaft.  The numbers were almost identical between the 2 except the 5 Max had much tighter dispersion.  I think it came down to the fact that I can’t get comfortable looking at a closed face on any woods/hybrids.  The LST sits closed in the big + setting while the max sits square on the big -.  The LST sits nice and square on the standard settings.

My problem with figuring out how to gap these heads is the max heads sit closed on standard or any of the plus settings.  The only way I can play them is on the big minus, so now the 5 wood starts getting too close to the LST 3 and I don’t want to turn it below 15 as I don’t need a second driver.  Trying to narrow it down to 2 heads and selling off the 3rd.  Been really happy with the 7 wood at 19.5*

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade BRNR 9.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

On 8/12/2023 at 2:25 PM, mosesgolf said:

Got mine around Feb earlier this year.  G430 MAX is so forgiving on mis hits.  Best around imo.  I tried some other drivers along th way and while a couple may have been slightly longer the MAX is a fairway finder.  I won't be looking at another driver until the G435MAX in 2025.

This has been the first season in a while that I have not changed a driver head, have not changed a driver shaft, and basically have not changed a setting, the entire season. And I've had my best driving season by far in a long time.

If I can get a deal on a G430 LST, may still want to give it a try once Fall hits. But until then, the G430 Max with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX has been terrific all season.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘23 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready 2 One & Done PN Putter

2 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

This has been the first season in a while that I have not changed a driver head, have not changed a driver shaft, and basically have not changed a setting, the entire season. And I've had my best driving season by far in a long time.

If I can get a deal on a G430 LST, may still want to give it a try once Fall hits. But until then, the G430 Max with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX has been terrific all season.

I've tried the G430 LST in 9* and 10.5*.  On solid strikes I got about the same distance.  On mishits you will notice and miss the MAX.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9 Ventus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

7 hours ago, jblough99 said:

I have G430 LST 3 and G430 Max 5 and 7 wood heads.  I’ve been tinkering with all 3 at different lofts.  I’ve tested the 3 LST turned up to 16.5* and the 5 Max turned down to 16.5* with the same shaft.  The numbers were almost identical between the 2 except the 5 Max had much tighter dispersion.  I think it came down to the fact that I can’t get comfortable looking at a closed face on any woods/hybrids.  The LST sits closed in the big + setting while the max sits square on the big -.  The LST sits nice and square on the standard settings.

My problem with figuring out how to gap these heads is the max heads sit closed on standard or any of the plus settings.  The only way I can play them is on the big minus, so now the 5 wood starts getting too close to the LST 3 and I don’t want to turn it below 15 as I don’t need a second driver.  Trying to narrow it down to 2 heads and selling off the 3rd.  Been really happy with the 7 wood at 19.5*

Great info. I can’t wait to go to my fitting. I love my hybrid so much I hope I fall in love with a fairway wood that helps me be more confident with my long game 

Titleist TSR2 9*

Ping G430 3w & 5w

Ping   22* & 26* G430 Hybrids

Srixon ZX5 6i-PW, CBX Zipcore 48*,  54* & 58*

Odyssey Ai-ONE Rossie S

Srixon Z-Star

Shotscope X5

Ping Hoofer 14 Way

QOD Motorized Pushcart & Clicgear Model 8