2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

LAB Golf Link Putter Arrived Today.

flubberlange

2 hours ago, Maximilian said:

I have the two tiny toplines if that helps.

2C239A52-AD54-4711-85CD-2DD60A4723D5.jpeg

That’s very helpful! Thank you for taking the time to do that. Much appreciated!

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

12 hours ago, ace036 said:

Does anyone here have the Link.1 with the “tiny” topline? If so, I’d love to see some address pictures with a ball to get a better idea of the scale and actual thickness of the line. 

4 hours ago, Maximilian said:

I have the two tiny toplines if that helps.

2C239A52-AD54-4711-85CD-2DD60A4723D5.jpeg

I just ordered a tiny top line but now I have to wait.  Debated hard on the single dot tiny line and the 2 tiny lines. 2 tiny lines looks great! 

• Like 1

PING G430 MAX 10K DRIVER w/ACCRA TZX 255

PING G430 MAX 3W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 MAX 7W w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200F

PING G425 5H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6H w/ACCRA FX 2.0 200H

PING G425 6-SW w/ACCRA ICWT 95

PING GLIDE 4.0 60-10S w/ACCRA 105i

LAB LINK.1 w/LAB x ACCRA or

PING ZING 2 PLD CUSTOM (Just in case) 

Anyone have thoughts/insight on how to remove a press grip while saving it? I’ve got the OG heavy rubber one that I had them put on when I lengthened at LAB and kept my press 1.5. Was thinking of throwing the 1.5 back on but don’t want to destroy the OG. 

Seems a bit tight to get something down to squirt solvent and loosen, but anyone have thoughts?

1 hour ago, roundersmitty said:

Has anyone bought a stock Link and added a topline? I was thinking to line up both lines to the target would ensure the is proper  lie at address if the eyeline is over the ball

I was surprised to not see that as an option, must have been difficult to achieve or something. I debated for a while on the top line and just went with the standard one but wanted something that matched my mezz closer. Hopefully it doesn't bother me.

Definitely a sad boi that these codes are now being offered. I paid full freight just a few weeks ago. Love finding this out on my birthday. ( @labgolf I'm accepting birthday gifts all week 😜)

Yesterday I received my custom Link with sight dot. I'm coming from a Mezz, which has generally been a game changer for me. With that said, I find my setup can get a bit funky sometimes due to the offset shaft and press grip. Additionally, an Edel fitting suggested that blades tend to orient me more towards target versus mallets which tend to point me right. My thinking was that the Link might serve to address some of my bad habits without sacrificing too much.

Aesthetically, I think it looks great. Blade length is 20-30% longer than average blade, but it doesn't look too "off" or large. Overall, the putter is quite nice to look down at behind a ball. I really like the headcover too. Perhaps a shame that a traditional cover doesn't fully work due to the elongated blade length, but the stock cover is pretty good! I haven't gotten to take it to the course, but I had an opportunity to putt on my indoor mat for a while last night.

As others have mentioned, the sound is a lot more muted relative to the Mezz. The Mezz is basically a tuning fork and gives off a higher pitched noise. The Link definitely improves upon this with a deeper thump-like sound. This manifests itself with an overall softer feel. 

While my testing was obviously limited to small distances and variability, I can definitely sense some difference in forgiveness with the Link. As I moved across different mat markings, it seemed as if the ball was coming off with a bit more directional variance. This is obviously hard to measure or verify without sophisticated equipment, but this was just my sense. Regardless of the directional variation, it seemed to at least partially offset by what felt like some increased speed control in some of the distance drills I do.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to getting the Link on the course. I think the clean look and simplified design is likely to fit me quite well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 3:15 PM, roundersmitty said:

Has anyone bought a stock Link and added a topline? I was thinking to line up both lines to the target would ensure the is proper  lie at address if the eyeline is over the ball

You can pick up some pinstripe tape on Amazon to add a sight line if you like

I did it to a putter a few years back & it worked great

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IC3BURGH said:

Definitely a sad boi that these codes are now being offered. I paid full freight just a few weeks ago.

Codes ? :classic_blink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Any other Link users out there? I have one arriving tomorrow. Seems like there are hardly any video reviews. I am surprised this hasn’t taken off a bit more since everyone’s complaint on DF and Mezz was performs great but looks too weird. Maybe just needs a bit more time until it catches on. Mezz seems like it is getting some great traction on YouTube the PGA tour and the other tour that shall not be named.

• Like 1

I am new to this forum from a participating standpoint.  I have been researching and reading about the Lab golf putters for the last year and a half, and have studied all the responses in these forums.  Everyone’s conversations have been extremely helpful to me so I am hoping I can help anyone who is curious about the Lab putters. I am a scratch handicap with very sensitive feels and I am very particular about my equipment. Thus, the reason I also build and customize all of my equipment.  I have always been a very good putter but the Lab golf technology has always intrigued me.  Last February I ordered a custom Mezz 1 with Accra shaft.  Had spurts of greatness but struggled with the press 2 grip at times, never liked bigger grips. But the technology could be felt with the putter.  So decided to go for DF 2.1 with og 3 rubber grip and found a standard as well as arm lock DF2.1 on the outlet.  The standard DF has been great but the Link 1 had me intrigued.  Well my custom Link with Accra shaft arrived yesterday. Have only putted inside on my putting green but it looks and feels great! 35 inches, rubber Lab grip, swingweight is E0.  I would describe the feel as soft but solid. The mezz1 actually feels good to me also but the Link is just different. Link definitely has a small sweet spot from a feel standpoint, but the off center hits stay on line and still roll out pretty good. Have to wait for on course performance for better forgiveness assessment. Ordered custom Link on March 2 and arrived April 4.

• Like 1

Link arrived today and it is spectacular. I am a habitual putter changer for full details you can go check out my WITB page. I really believe in the tech of the LAB putters so lately just been swapping and changing LABs…I’ll call that growth. So far I have tried the BLaD (not great no clue on what the specs were and bought it on a whim) and it was so bad I didn’t try a LAB again for awhile. Next I did some research about the tech and decided to do the online fitting and tried a standard MEZZ, I liked it but didn’t love it, thought it felt light but definitely smoothed out my stroke. Next went to the MEZZ MAX tried both the steel shaft and the Accra and for some reason didn’t feel great for me. Next tried the DF with an ACCRA shaft and was really impressed. Sets up dead square and is so freaking stable BUT I was having a hard time wrapping my head around the forward

press and the ummm footprint of the putter. Enter the Link. Practicing with a standard Link with steel shaft and feel like it is the best of all worlds. The roll and feel are great, alignment is easy and shockingly stable for the package it comes in. It is pretty long heel to toe but I like that about it.  I think the thing that I am enjoying the most about it is the lack of forward press, for whatever reason that got in my head with the MEZZ and the DF. Also was really surprised with the stock rubber grip, I am really enjoying the shape and feel. Still need to do some on course testing but feel like the Link is worth a try wether you are a LAB fan or a skeptic. 

Edited by Nelson.br.1515
  • Like 1

In case it is helpful for folks to know….

IMG_3200.jpeg

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Wow. I’ve purchased and used quite a few nice putters over the past few years in hopes of improving my putting. Unfortunately it never really worked. Evnroll ER2 and ER7, SC NP2 Special Select, SC Phantom X5.5, and finally my Artisan blade. I’ve spent a lot of effort and money to improve my putting but it never stuck long term. Now at present, I’ve been fitted for the L.A.B. Link w/Stability shaft and I’m honestly just in awe. Never has a putter made such a dramatic difference in such a short period of time and changed everything regarding my putting. I don’t ever write reviews or things like this but people need to know what a game changer something like this is. Plenty of people will benefit from this technology and just need to try it. I’ve finally found my putter. Search is over, now just going to dial it in. Highly highly recommend.

Edited by Crimson62185
  • Like 3

It’s very well made and does everything they say it would, so I have nothing negative to say at all, but for whatever reason I’m just not jiving with it. 

For probably 15 years, one SeeMore FGP or another has been my main putter I keep going back to, and they have the majority of weight in the center of the head. Much much less forgiving than the Link, but I think I’m just so used to how that putter swings that even though the Link is similar in many ways, it just feels so different in my hands and I’m having a hard time adjusting to it.

However, of all people, my 76 year old Mother (who rarely ever changes equipment), was curious about it on the practice green and took to it immediately. I played two rounds with her when she borrowed it and she was completely insane! Drained everything! It’s too long for her though and I explained that I’m skeptic of her just cutting it down, but offered to order a new one for her, but doubt she’s ever going to want to change from this specific one. I’ve never seen her so excited about a piece of equipment before.

So all in all a very successful purchase, just not in the way I was expecting. 🙃

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 9:56 PM, dmasix1 said:

Anyone have experience with the Garsen grip option on the Link? I actually liked the shaping of the original rubber but curious if there’s any feedback. 

Also, saw this posted earlier in the thread but will Swag blade covers work here? Thanks!

I do NOT like the Garsen grip, I am getting a sore point on my left pinkie finger and seem to be missing right a lot since my hands don't feel right with the grip. Going to swap it out but not sure what to yet.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:32 PM, zerheil said:

I do NOT like the Garsen grip, I am getting a sore point on my left pinkie finger and seem to be missing right a lot since my hands don't feel right with the grip. Going to swap it out but not sure what to yet.

Appreciate the response. Fair to assume you use a conventional reverse overlap? I’ve tried Garsen on non-LAB putters and it felt different but not necessarily in a bad way. 

Edited by dmasix1

During the winter I decided to experiment with center shaft putters. Tried the DF2.1 (second hand cheap) and didn’t like it one bit.  The Presse grip and shaft lean is something I personally could never get used to.  Went to Sacks Parente 54M mallet and loved it. Practicing with it taught me to relax the hands and let the head stay square to target.   I got talked into getting a Lab Link1 and when I woke up one morning and saw the discount code online (that should of never been made public) it was a no brainer.  If I didn’t like it I could flip it for more.   The Link is a different animal.  The weighting, the balance, the feel….it couldn’t be made any better.  The static weight on the Sacks Parente was very light, swingweight very high. The Link feels like the static weight is much heavier in comparison and helps steady the hands. The distance control is unbelievable.  This is the first blade putter I have used in 6 years and hope it stays in the bag…tired of rotating putters. 

• Like 1

The static weight on the Sacks Parente was very light, swingweight very high.

I use a model 39 and I would echo that comment.  Isn't heavy but feels heavy due to the weight distribution.  I actually prefer that.  But I have experimented and will tell you a counter weight will change that immediately.  I generally use the tour lock inside-shaft weights to do that.  It is pretty much on every club i have to get the feels just right.  

For the 39, i put on a gravity grip but removed the 70g metal rod and no tour lock.  

The link1 does look intriguing amd i love center shaft putters.  I just never see a lab putter in the wild of any model for lefties (or righties for that matter frankly).  I don't want to buy one sight unseen.

3 hours ago, crussogolf said:

Can anyone comment on the size of the stock rubber or cord grip?  At 95+g, one would assume they are a little girthier than your standard Ping or Scotty rubber pistol grips, but maybe that's not true...  Thanks

I would say it’s similar in size to a superstroke Pistol 1.0.  

• Like 1