2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Anthony Kim - Gawd I miss this guy (THREADS MERGED)

mosesgolf

20 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Now we got two tours, supposedly the most deep fields of elite talent ever

And it’s Anthony Kim who has merged threads 🤣

Haha right? It’s obvious why they would wanna get Rahm so badly that they would give him the GNP of Liberia. But the humor isn’t lost on me that they give AK the change that fell on the ground while Jon’s ppl were unloading the armored truck and its a hotter story 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Golfbit2X said:

Chew on this.... AK had 2 before 23 and had 3 before 25 plus Ryder and Presidents Cup win records in successive years plus current Masters record for most Birdies.

Let's compare apples to apples and bring out the stats...who else is there that can match up to AK at this age when he racked up the accomplishments that I just mentioned?

Nobody comes close to that. This is just a fact. 

Screenshot_20240313_103332_Chrome.jpg.fae13545d16422c4108e94d0b3e677e9.jpg

And don't forget, according to your signature, you have won 17% of your league tournaments.....That has to count for something in the "bona fide" department and requires a fair amount of chewing.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

Chew on this? Nobody comes close?

This is honestly the silliest of all your posts so far. He was under 23...SEVENTEEN YEARS ago.

Congrats, you agree with most normal thinking folks on here that he had one good career year and it was 16 years ago. What on earth does that have to do with how good he is or isnt *now*?

Next level trolling today, really well done.

Where did I mention that he had one good year? I clearly stated in my previous post that he had 3 years of sustained success...🤔

I also think we got sidetracked here...the argument was who else is there who matches up with AK that would be able to make a comeback.

I don't think it matters if it was 17 years ago as he is only 38 now so he may have more than a bit left in the tank. In fact, that is also why his comeback is so unique as this has never been done before. 

History proves that this sport has had comebacks that includes probably the greatest ever with Ben Hogan and more recently with Tiger at the 2019 Masters.

The difference with AK's comeback is the 12 hiatus that he's working against plus the multiple physical (rotator cuff, labrum, spinal fusion, hand injury) and mental challenges.

I just don't understand why there are a lot of naysayers here despite these previous comebacks. 

And I hope that you'll stop labeling my posts as trolling as my posts are based on legitimate facts that I've laid out in my previous posts as well as personal experience. 

It would also be really good if anyone else presents facts as well and maybe present someone that matches up to AK.

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Pitching Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 44°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length
Approach Wedge: Callaway Rogue, 49°, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Sand Wedge: Titleist, Vokey SM7, 56°
Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

1 hour ago, wobgon said:

And don't forget, according to your signature, you have won 17% of your league tournaments.....That has to count for something in the "bona fide" department and requires a fair amount of chewing.

Sorry, it's not about me, but thanks for the compliment....🫡

Lifetime winning percentage (golf league): 17% (5 out of 30 tournaments over 3 years)

Driver: Ping G410, 10.5° w/ stiff 46.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite XL grip; modified CG weight

3 Wood: Callaway,  ST Max Fairway Wood, 15.0°, Stiff, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite 43.25" shaft, JumboMax JMX Ultralite L grip

Utility Wood: Cleveland, 18.0°, Launcher Halo Hy-Wood 3+; 41.5" shaft length; modified CG weight

4 to 8 Irons: Callaway Rogue X 4 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length; modified CG weight; 9 Iron: Callaway Rogue X 9 iron, graphite shaft, stiff, +.5" shaft length

Lob Wedge: Taylor Made full face - raw finish, 60°; Putter: Tour Edge Wingman, modified pistol grip, armlock modified 41.5" extended shaft, added center weight.

2 hours ago, Golfbit2X said:

Chew on this.... AK had 2 before 23 and had 3 before 25 plus Ryder and Presidents Cup win records in successive years plus current Masters record for most Birdies.

Let's compare apples to apples and bring out the stats...who else is there that can match up to AK at this age when he racked up the accomplishments that I just mentioned?

Nobody comes close to that. This is just a fact. 

Screenshot_20240313_103332_Chrome.jpg.fae13545d16422c4108e94d0b3e677e9.jpg

Maybe I didn’t follow the back and forth close enough but your list has quite a few names with more wins by a player before they turn 23? Hell, Spieth had 2 majors in 2015 including the masters. 

6 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

Sorry, it's not about me, but thanks for the compliment....🫡

You are making it about you with all of your emotional capital and "experiences".

8 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

It would also be really good if anyone else presents facts as well and maybe present someone that matches up to AK.

Quite a few posters have presented facts, and you have ignored them.

Your logical fallacies are showing.

Edited by Puttersaurus Rex

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

18 minutes ago, geauxt said:

Maybe I didn’t follow the back and forth close enough but your list has quite a few names with more wins by a player before they turn 23? Hell, Spieth had 2 majors in 2015 including the masters. 

I agree, but I think that the argument here is who else is there that can match up with AK who is trying to make a comeback

In fact, there are more than a few other golfers including Speith who has more wins including majors than AK but what I was trying to point out is that AK is not a flash in the pan as alluded to in earlier posts by virtue of his sustained 3 year period of success that includes 3 wins before 25 (only 5 other golfers had accomplished this) as well as Ryder and President's Cup.

I thought I'd never say this but I'm looking forward to the next LIV event.  Doral's Blue Monster will be a good test for AK.  Doral will be indicative of where AK's game is really at since that course is a real Tour level course.  

• Like 3

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

25 minutes ago, Puttersaurus Rex said:

You are making it about you with all of your emotional capital and "experiences".

Quite a few posters have presented facts, and you have ignored them.

Your logical fallacies are showing.

Which facts from other posters are you referring to? Please let me know which ones...

What I was simply laying out is if I, as an ordinary duffer can make a relatively successful comeback after 29 year hiatus albeit my skill level is light years behind AK's skill level, then it would only be fair to give him a 50.99% chance of success of having another sustained run of 3 wins*.

I just think that its disappointing to see people who are quick to flash the "trolling" label when there is absolutely no basis for it. 

*LIV win may not be equivalent to PGA Tour win as it only requires 3 rounds. 

2 minutes ago, mosesgolf said:

I thought I'd never say this but I'm looking forward to the next LIV event.  Doral's Blue Monster will be a good test for AK.  Doral will be indicative of where AK's game is really at since that course is a real Tour level course.  

I agree, the HK course was only 6,500+ so it will be a true test for AK @ Doral.

9 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

I agree, the HK course was only 6,500+ so it will be a true test for AK @ Doral.

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/doralbluemonster/detailedscorecard.htm

1000 yards longer.  Doral will expose any ball speed deficiencies.  What is AK's ball speed rn anyways?

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

1 minute ago, mosesgolf said:

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/doralbluemonster/detailedscorecard.htm

1000 yards longer.  Doral will expose any ball speed deficiencies.  What is AK's ball speed rn anyways?

I don't know but I hope it's fast enough for his sake...also he better get those fitted clubs soon... for the life of me, I just don't understand why he wasn't fitted before he started out in Jedda.

I think he's a little bit free-wheeling again but I hope that he gets his act together soon as it would really be a big waste to mess up his golden ticket from Norman. 

12 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

Which facts from other posters are you referring to? Please let me know which ones...

What I was simply laying out is if I, as an ordinary duffer can make a relatively successful comeback after 29 year hiatus albeit my skill level is light years behind AK's skill level, then it would only be fair to give him a 50.99% chance of success of having another sustained run of 3 wins*.

I just think that its disappointing to see people who are quick to flash the "trolling" label when there is absolutely no basis for it. 

*LIV win may not be equivalent to PGA Tour win as it only requires 3 rounds. 

Please reread the comments from page 54-56.  You "evolved" this entire thread into a conversation about your comeback, and how it relates to AK.  All hypothetical, and ignorant of other people providing stats of other professional golfers and their success in comparison to AK's achievements.  A "straw man" fallacy if you will.

• Like 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

32 minutes ago, Golfbit2X said:

I don't know but I hope it's fast enough for his sake...also he better get those fitted clubs soon... for the life of me, I just don't understand why he wasn't fitted before he started out in Jedda.

I think he's a little bit free-wheeling again but I hope that he gets his act together soon as it would really be a big waste to mess up his golden ticket from Norman. 

I find this club fitting claim a little hard to believe.  His WITB is all custom.  Perhaps he needs to dial things in a little bit but it's not as if he walked into Roger Dunn's and bought a set off the rack.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JetSpeed79 said:

If AK showed up on the first tee with a robe and a white russian I would be so happy. 

I think he prefers Dom Perignon...

13 minutes ago, idrive said:

This is the most ridiculous part of his comeback.  Nobody playing professional or exhibition golf plays with some random set.

Nobody.

Yup, AK is not your conventional golfer. He hits his irons with his grip choked way down, almost to the shaft but still hits his numbers which is unbelievable.

I'm wondering if that contributed to his medical issues as the vibrations from his choked grip will be magnified significantly.

Edited by Golfbit2X
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Golfbit2X said:

Yup, AK is not your conventional golfer. He hits his irons with his grip choked way down, almost to the shaft but still hits his numbers which is unbelievable.

I'm wondering if that contributed to his medical issues as the vibrations from his choked grip will be magnified significantly.

WOW!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2