2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

I am (WRX) legend

MtlJeff

2 hours ago, PowderedToastMan said:

Here's a true story where I once risked my death-I was hitting balls at the range one day when I noticed a large crowd of people forming around a gorilla hitting drivers. Except it wasn't a gorilla, but rather an even more muscular animal called Jason Zuback. This was at the peak of his powers in long drive. 

After hitting only drivers for that hour or so (his bag contained pretty much only drivers, probably like 8-10 of them), the crowd had dissipated and Jason started walking around the range and collecting range buckets. Nice guy apparently. However, because I'm an idiot, he came to my bucket and I said to him dripping with sarcasm "long drive not working out?". Well, Jason Zuback doesn't detect sarcasm. He looked me straight in the eye, veins in his neck at a point where they should have burst, and just said "I'm just helping these guys out" and walked away. 

It was at that point my male parts disintegrated and flew away to the stars. If you look up at the sky on a really dark night, occassionaly you can see them twinkle faintly. 

LOL i love it.....Honestly shame on him--that's a great joke

But you never know, i mean you catch people on the wrong day.....

When i was younger i met an NFL player at a function, i will not say who. At the time i was a college football player and had the utmost respect for this man....but i'm not a big "autograph" guy. I just enjoyed talking to him about football and telling him i also was an aspiring player. Finally his agent says "hey do you want his autograph?" to which i immediately responded "no it's cool". This apparently was a major faux pas, and the mood immediately changed. I guess this was an insult to him.....i honestly am just not big into autographs....i enjoyed talking to him. 

But i left feeling like a jerk LOL

• Haha 3

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

On 4/12/2023 at 11:43 AM, tgoodspe1991 said:

I started my round +3 through 3 holes and just couldn't get along with my new clubs. I was experimenting with new shaft combos and it wasn't my usual gamer, so no wonder I wasn't playing well... So I posted them to WRX on hole 4, had them sold by hole 5, bought new clubs from a local member that brought them to the course and swapped into the new set for the back 9, set of 3-PW MB's with X7 hard-stepped twice. Ahh, right at home again! Started hitting it a little better for a few holes but found that off-speed swings were a real struggle, and in the short irons I just couldn't hit my usual knock down, flighted, three quarter, punchy one-hop stop, fizzer, zip back, wizz[-bang, pro pitch. This is my go-to and it just wasn't in my toolkit anymore and caused me to miss too many shots as a result. I was also hitting my long irons super low which is unusual because, if I had to eyeball it, I'm right around 130ft peak apex in my 3-iron on the range... So, finally I was fed up halfway through the back 9 and decided to just use my buddy's clubs to close out the round. I couldn't be bothered to touch my clubs anymore. He's got these beat up old AP2's with like R300 in them, lol. Felt like a noodle. Knowing I was just goofing around, I really freed up my swing and played well the rest of the 9. Went -4 under through the last 5 holes and hit every green. I think the furthest I hit it was like 15ft from the pin? My swing was really starting to get dialed (where was this earlier?!). Really had a great last 5 holes and felt like I was enjoying golf again, you know? It was a great way to close out the round, but I just could never in my life play those clubs, those shafts are way too weak for me and my speed. I don't know how my buddy does it. Anyway, current set is back up on WRX and the search continues!

(none of this happened but this is how I imagine most WRX-bros)

The best. You win. 

TM Brnr Mini Driver 13.5(12)

TM RBZ Stage2 3Hy 

TM RBX Stage2 4Hy

Ping G410 5-U

Ping Glide 3.0 SS 52/56

Ping Sigma G Craz-e. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 7:40 PM, MtlJeff said:

LOL i love it.....Honestly shame on him--that's a great joke

But you never know, i mean you catch people on the wrong day.....

When i was younger i met an NFL player at a function, i will not say who. At the time i was a college football player and had the utmost respect for this man....but i'm not a big "autograph" guy. I just enjoyed talking to him about football and telling him i also was an aspiring player. Finally his agent says "hey do you want his autograph?" to which i immediately responded "no it's cool". This apparently was a major faux pas, and the mood immediately changed. I guess this was an insult to him.....i honestly am just not big into autographs....i enjoyed talking to him. 

But i left feeling like a jerk LOL

Don’t feel bad.  I once saw Micheal jordan play golf at a charity thing at Brook valley CC in North Carolina.  I turned him down too.  😂.  Pointed him toward some kids.  He kind of looked at me cross eyed then smiled and went their way.  

my thoughts were , maybe if he’s on the BBall court. But I can take him on grass. 😂

but like you said. I don’t get autographs anyway.  Like collecting locks of hair.  Weird. 

Edited by bladehunter
  • Like 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:18 AM, getitdaily said:

OK, here goes....big inhale:

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

Sounds EXACTLY like something that happened to me once...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jacot23 said:

CAVITY BACKS????!!!!

Say it ain't so...

We're gonna need your WRX Card...

so disappointing. 

Well this thread is a couple of weeks old LOL....i've since gone back to my blades

And if you're wondering how i hit them. Perfect to the millimeter

318528151_Screenshot2023-04-28at09-54-53Whatwouldyoucanthisstrike-Round3.png.f5d92d8a124f36d523dee01343036c13.png

Edited by MtlJeff

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• 2 weeks later...

Was playing a walk-on round at my local course, and three guys from local small-college golf team invited me to join them.

Midway through front nine, we faced a par 5 with lake and huge fairway bunker on left, and OB on right. Plus, the tee blocks were at a strange place on edge to tee.

Deciding to play it safe, I tee off with a 4i to come up short of early trouble. But, I hook the ball and end up one fairway to left, facing a shot over trees. I hit a 7i, it clears the trees and lake, but ball lands right behind tree blocking path to green.

I'm about 160 out going slightly uphill, so I toe in a 6i, playing for a snap hook. The ball comes out low and hot, and... makes a lovely curvin' arc to the left and rolls up to greenside left. I've got a small mound to jump, so a take a SW, open the face, and drop a blooper 10 feet short of cup... it leisurely rolls up against the flagstick... and in for a birdie!

All the young guns cheer and applaud me.

(And, I won the hole. The collegians all parred it, including one guy who hit green in two, but three putted.)  

Edited by ChipNRun
  • Like 1

What's In The Bag (As of April 2023, post-MAX change + new putter)

Driver:  Tour Edge EXS 10.5° (base loft); weights neutral   ||  FWs:  Calla Rogue 4W + 7W

Hybrid:  Calla Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  Calla Mavrik MAX 5i-PW

Wedges*:  Calla MD3: 48°... MD4: 54°, 58° ||  PutterΨSeeMore FGP + SuperStroke 1.0PT, 33" shaft

Ball: 1. Srixon Q-Star Tour / 2. Calla SuperHot (Orange preferred)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

* MD4 54°/10 S-Grind replaced MD3 54°/12 W-Grind.

Ψ  Backups:

• Ping Sigma G Tyne (face-balanced) + Evnroll Gravity Grip |
  • Slotline Inertial SL-583F w/ SuperStroke 2.MidSlim (50 gr. weight removed) |

On 4/10/2023 at 9:20 PM, LoopySwing13 said:

Not completely related, but my favorite story has to be when I used to work at the PGASS in Myrtle beach.. slightly bigger dude came in and was trying drivers and couldn’t get them over 200.. his swing was bad, contact bad, all the tell tale signs of what was coming next… one of the other guys I worked with heard him complaining (this LM is sh&$, I hit my driver 300+, etc etc) so he grabbed a ladies 7 iron and roped it 215 carry (past his driver) and looked at the guy and said, might be a bit juiced actually I normally only hit my 7 about 205. 

The look on the guys face was priceless. We all been there as club fitters but to find a way to “nicely” put them in their place… He is my legend to this day 😂 

Did you work with Gary?

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

Two weeks ago I was playing in a 14 v 14 Ryder Cup event in Pinehurst that we have affectionately named the Chubbs Peterson Memorial with Team Gilmore against Team McGavin.

I was made captain this year and we had some guys drop out, a few of my buddies joined.  One whose name is Brooks that we affectionately call Brooksie was on my team.  Well on the 10th tee box at Mid Pines I say "hey Brooksie to grab me a hot dog and some beer from the turn house while I tee off."

He orders and the whole time the young lady keeps staring back at him while getting our order together.  She finally sheepishly says "Are you Brooks Koepka?"  Brooks being the extremely shy guy that he is says yes and she asks for his autograph.  He signs her hat and shirt for her after collecting our goodies, goes to the tee box and proceeds to take a mighty lash at the ball and pull tops it about 100 yards into the trees.  Looks up and says, "I need to start practicing all this LIV golf and guaranteed money has me slacking."

I literally couldn't hit a shot the entire 10th hole I was still laughing so hard.  I couldn't look back at her to see if she saw him basically top that drive, but I am positive that she has told all her friends that Brooks Koepka played Mid Pines and signed her hat and shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

50 minutes ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Two weeks ago I was playing in a 14 v 14 Ryder Cup event in Pinehurst that we have affectionately named the Chubbs Peterson Memorial with Team Gilmore against Team McGavin.

I was made captain this year and we had some guys drop out, a few of my buddies joined.  One whose name is Brooks that we affectionately call Brooksie was on my team.  Well on the 10th tee box at Mid Pines I say "hey Brooksie to grab me a hot dog and some beer from the turn house while I tee off."

He orders and the whole time the young lady keeps staring back at him while getting our order together.  She finally sheepishly says "Are you Brooks Koepka?"  Brooks being the extremely shy guy that he is says yes and she asks for his autograph.  He signs her hat and shirt for her after collecting our goodies, goes to the tee box and proceeds to take a mighty lash at the ball and pull tops it about 100 yards into the trees.  Looks up and says, "I need to start practicing all this LIV golf and guaranteed money has me slacking."

I literally couldn't hit a shot the entire 10th hole I was still laughing so hard.  I couldn't look back at her to see if she saw him basically top that drive, but I am positive that she has told all her friends that Brooks Koepka played Mid Pines and signed her hat and shirt.

That's amazing LOL.....Does he look anything at all like a pro golfer? This would be even better if he was like 5'7. Also good on the girl for hearing "Brooksie" and putting the Koepka connection together

When i was in my mid 20s or so i was in the Boston area with some friends and we were all athletic type guys (in fact we knew each from semi-pro football) and some of the girls we were talking to asked if we played in the CFL. Naturally my friends told them yes and that i was the QB for the Edmonton Eskimos LOL. I wish they would have said safety or something, but this was also before looking up things on phones immediately wasnt as doable

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

1 minute ago, MtlJeff said:

That's amazing LOL.....Does he look anything at all like a pro golfer? This would be even better if he was like 5'7. Also good on the girl for hearing "Brooksie" and putting the Koepka connection together

When i was in my mid 20s or so i was in the Boston area with some friends and we were all athletic type guys (in fact we knew each from semi-pro football) and some of the girls we were talking to asked if we played in the CFL. Naturally my friends told them yes and that i was the QB for the Edmonton Eskimos LOL. I wish they would have said safety or something, but this was also before looking up things on phones immediately wasnt as doable

He played soccer in college, is about my height 6'1" probably 210ish and has the same hair.   After it happened a few holes later I remember one of the other team saying, you wouldn't fool a true fan of golf, but for someone on the edge I can see how they could think you are him there is definitely a resemblance.

He ended up signing a bunch of the guys winning hats on the last day(singles) at Tobacco Road, since that was one thing we all laughed about all week and it helped glue a bunch of guys who didn't know each other before the week together as a team.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

• 6 months later...

Great story! It sounds like today you had an exceptional day at the course. Maybe your 15-minute later play time caused a difference in conditions or performance on that particular day, making for greater distance than usual. No need to worry about calibrating anything - golf and performances can fluctuate from day-to-day. Keep up with your practice routines!