2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Best push cart for the money

Think I'm finally over carrying for 18 holes on some of the more hilly courses around me and am going to breakdown and get a push cart.

I see Costco has the Big Max IQ for 109 which seems fair if it's not junk. 

Also heard good things about the clicgear 4.0 but not enough to justify the cost.  

Bag that will be going on it is a Hoofer so hoping for one where the bag fits correctly and isn't cocked one way or another in the strap system.   Any suggestions are appreciated , yes i've searched and searched but not very many topics outlining the differences or recomendations. 

Edited by Phabs

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

I have an older CaddyTek from Costco that is decent. It's almost a clone of the Clicgear, just not as well built. For the most part, I think you get what you pay for. I picked up a ultra-light K1-LO to carry more. I'll thinking of giving the CaddyTek to a friend and buying a premium cart. 

Edited by chinaski
Sp

TSI3 9˚ AV White Raw 65X 

TSR2 15˚ Black 1K 75

Apex UW 19˚ RDX 80

T-150 4-PW - PX 6.0

RTX Zipcore Raw 48M/54M/60L 

Byron Morgan 029x PROTO-Carbon/2022 BB-1F

Pro V1X 

TGW’s offerings are pretty solid as well.

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

3 hours ago, Phabs said:

Think I'm finally over carrying for 18 holes on some of the more hilly courses around me and am going to breakdown and get a push cart.

I see Costco has the Big Max IQ for 109 which seems fair if it's not junk. 

Also heard good things about the clicgear 4.0 but not enough to justify the cost.  

Bag that will be going on it is a Hoofer so hoping for one where the bag fits correctly and isn't cocked one way or another in the strap system.   Any suggestions are appreciated , yes i've searched and searched but not very many topics outlining the differences or recomendations. 

I'd suggest the Clicgear 4.0. Yes it's more money upfront but the things bulletproof, has the best accessories out of any push cart and will last a heck of a long time.

Based on your WITB you like quality products, just get the Clicgear.....it will be cheaper in the long run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Loose_Ferrule said:

I'd suggest the Clicgear 4.0. Yes it's more money upfront but the things bulletproof, has the best accessories out of any push cart and will last a heck of a long time.

Based on your WITB you like quality products, just get the Clicgear.....it will be cheaper in the long run.

Did a deep dive on me huh? 🤣

I’m sure hoofers fit fine on the Clicgears? 

• Like 2

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

1 minute ago, Phabs said:

Did a deep dive on me huh? 🤣

I’m sure hoofers fit fine on the Clicgears? 

It's out there for everyone to see😉

I think it will fit fine, they also make a stand bag cozy that allows stand bags to fit better if your not 100% happy without it.

As mentioned the accessories are really good and they make just about everything you can think of. 

1 minute ago, Loose_Ferrule said:

Ditto. I’ve been around tons of other brands/models and none of them make me regret going with the clicgear. If you have a strict budget I respect that but if you can stretch, get the clicgear.

ps you may need the adapter pad (I do) but with it, the bag is very secure. 

• Like 2

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

I bought a TGW Weekender to keep at a family member's house on the other side of the country to use when I visit a couple times per year, as I didn't want to spend the $250+ that the Sun Mountain I use at home cost. The TGW was $99 when I bought it in 2021 but it looks like it's up to $140 now, free shipping though. I wish the handle were a little bigger/wider like my Sun Mountain for when I use two hands to push but it's still comfortable to push.

It's pretty durable. Last fall some random guy not paying attention actually ran over one side of it with a riding cart in the parking lot (after I had taken my bag off) and dragged it pinned under the riding cart on the pavement for about 20 feet. It didn't break at all, which really surprised me and stopped me from strangling the guy to death.

My "daily pusher" is a Sun Mountain Speed Cart that is built like a tank and has given me zero problems over probably 300+ walking rounds, but it is heavy and doesn't fold up as small as the Clicgears. 

Edited by Bonneville85308

I play desert courses so it's rough on push carts. I had a Clicgear and it didn't hold up well, seemed like I had to replace just about everything on it, tires didn't last long before needing to be replaced. Another common complaint with the Clicgear (3 wheel) is that it doesn't roll straight even with the adjustments provided. Picked up a Caddytek on Amazon over 3 years ago and zero issues so far, rolls good and straight and better storage compartments. A player in my group picked up a Clicgear 4 wheel model about 2 years ago, they like it but the tread on the tires is already starting to fall apart and they will need to buy a new set of tires soon.

If you can find a ClicGear 3.5+ get that over the 4.0 the straps on the new one suck apparently and reviews show it. But the ClicGear are like the pickups of the push cart world; big, on the heavier side, but can handle anything. They're also not the smallest when you fold them up.

If you don't have a heavy bag potentially a BigMax Blade iP, it's super light but if your course has bumpy terrain or lots of side lies I heard stability is mixed on it but that came from a guy with a staff bag not a Hoofer like you. Also if vehicle space is limited the Blade iP folds up nice and slim.

Kind of the two extremes there for you.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

38 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

If you can find a ClicGear 3.5+ get that over the 4.0 the straps on the new one suck apparently and reviews show it. But the ClicGear are like the pickups of the push cart world; big, on the heavier side, but can handle anything. They're also not the smallest when you fold them up.

If you don't have a heavy bag potentially a BigMax Blade iP, it's super light but if your course has bumpy terrain or lots of side lies I heard stability is mixed on it but that came from a guy with a staff bag not a Hoofer like you. Also if vehicle space is limited the Blade iP folds up nice and slim.

Kind of the two extremes there for you.

I’ll keep an eye out for the 3.5. 

I’ll try and get by a retailer that sells the clicgear and test my bag out on the 4.0 before I buy it if the straps are an issue on some bags.  

Edited by Phabs

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

16 minutes ago, Phabs said:

I’ll keep an eye out for the 3.5. 

I’ll try and get by a retailer that sells the clicgear and test my bag out on the 4.0 before I buy it the straps are an issue on some bags.  

They went to these weird rubber straps with notches and people say they come undone. The 3.5 has a simple bungee with a hook and loop system, that is a bit annoying to get perfect but as long as strapped my bag hasn't fallen off.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Depending on how many times you expect to use the cart, it really is investing in something that is easy to put together, lightweight, has a decent amount of accessories that make the round more enjoyable and over all function. Cost is all relative. I have the older Clic gear and converted mine over to the motorized with the Alphard motor which in itself is $800. Worth every penny walking the course. 

Edited by llewol007

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

3rd vote for the Nitron...the easy fold/unfold with the piston is great and it's significantly lighter than the clic gear so you'll be fresher towards the end of the round.

One of the "insignificant" features that is leaps and bounds better than the clic gear is the position of the storage bag..with the clic gear it's on top and the clubs could block access; with the Nitron it's under the handle and makes pulling things out (rangefinder) much easier. 

Finally on the Nitron your bag will sit slightly more upright vs the clic gear which makes pulling clubs easier. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

Found a good deal on a 4.0 clicgear this morning on FB marketplace and jumped on it.  Thanks for all the input - i guess if the straps suck i'll resell it 

• Like 3

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

15 minutes ago, Phabs said:

Found a good deal on a 4.0 clicgear this morning on FB marketplace and jumped on it.  Thanks for all the input - i guess if the straps suck i'll resell it 

Cant go wrong with a Clicgear.

Woods: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S / TM Stealth Plus+, 15*, TM Stealth 2, 21* both w/MCA Diamana Thump 75S
Hybrid: PXG 0317 X Proto 4H & 5H, Xcaliber RTI75 S

Irons: Takomo IRON 101, 6-PW, Accra T90i S
Wedges: Cleveland CBX ZipCore  48* Accra T90i S, 53* & 58*, Accra T100i S
Putter: LAB Golf EF3, Accra graphite, 34", Press II 3*

Ball: Maxfli Tour
Bag/Cart: Callaway Fairway 14 Stand Bag / Clicgear 4.0 / Alphard Club Booster V2 / V2 Swivel Kit
Accessories: Arccos 360 / Garmin G80 / Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

I bought one of the Caddytek 3 wheel carts in like 2015 and I'm still using it. No issues. Amazon has them under $200 right now.

Edited by LUMA

*The NE Florida Golf Realtor*

Titleist TSi3 9 deg / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX

Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
Titleist TSi2 18 deg Hybrid / PX Hazardous Smoke Black RDX
Titleist T100 / Project X 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM5 50/8F

Titleist Vokey SM9 54/10S 58/10S

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

I’ve done bagboy and Clicgear. My favorite all time was my old aluminum bagboy 2 wheel pull along that they don’t make anymore. Seller’s regret on that one. I’ve not cared as much for the later BB’s. 4 wheel version I had was horribly aligned on the axles. Got an alignment kit from BB which helped, but didn’t totally correct the issue. It sits in my barn and gathers dust. Clicgear 4.0 is what I’ve been using for the last few months. With a couple of dozen rounds under the belt, it is clearly my favorite, though admittedly runs a few more denarii. 

I have the OG Clicgear. Buy once, cry once, or look for a used one. I don’t see how you could wear it out, lord knows I’ve tried!

Replaced the inflatable tires with the solid wheel kit. Now it’s about time to tidy up some of the grip on the handle since I tore it. Eventually the bungee straps may lose their stretch, but the cart still rolls smooth and true, folds and unfolds easily, and it’s not huge when it’s folded up. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

4 minutes ago, mshills said:

I have the OG Clicgear. Buy once, cry once, or look for a used one. I don’t see how you could wear it out, lord knows I’ve tried!

Replaced the inflatable tires with the solid wheel kit. Now it’s about time to tidy up some of the grip on the handle since I tore it. Eventually the bungee straps may lose their stretch, but the cart still rolls smooth and true, folds and unfolds easily, and it’s not huge when it’s folded up. 

I haven't tried it, but, bicycle handle bar tape seems like it could be used to replace the handlebar form on a Clicgear. 

I bought my Clicgear 3.5+ a while ago, before they got expensive. It seems built to last. 

• Like 1

I’ve had my Caddytek 3 wheel cart for more than 3 years now and use it often. I looked at Clicgear when I bought and couldn’t justify the significant price difference. 2 of my group finally bought carts and also went with Caddytek. It has performed flawlessly and I really don’t even think about my cart. It has a place for everything and everything is in its place. It comes with an umbrella holder and cup holder. I can’t think of any other needed accessories. Amazon has the Caddytek for ~$120. Comparable Clicgear is $300. 

Bought the Caddytek @ Costco a few years ago when they were around $100.   No complaints except for these three complaints:

1.  It flexes, especially in the handle.  Wasted energy.  May seem like an insignificant rant, but push it around Chambers Bay a few times and you'll get what I mean by the flex of the handle becoming an issue.

2. It doesn't track straight.  'pulls a bit to the right' all the time.  Have aligned it, etc etc  etc and it still has a subtle drift to the right.  After 7400 yards uphill, downhill, sidehill, steering the push cart becomes a noticeable annoyance.

3.  The cupholder doesn't like my Yeti.  Like owning two loyal dogs who don't get along.  Kind of a bummer. 

The pros of ease of set up/take down, the overall weight, the durability (on par with price) and the overall usage experience is 7/10.   Still shopping for the 10/10 grail.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

On 4/11/2023 at 9:14 PM, Loose_Ferrule said:

I think this is answer; you have to weigh up front costs against durability and replacement costs.  Clicgear is the industry standard because it is not only a great design, but also indestructible.

i used my first Clicgear for 9 years and probably 1500 rounds, and if I had wanted to buy a wheel kit to replace worn out wheel bearings, it would still be going.  I got a new model instead, and used it for another 4+ years until I went to an electric cart a year ago.

Thats a pretty good return on my up front costs, I think.

• Like 1