Paradym Triple Diamond.......Whoa momma

phizzy30

Long shot, but has anyone hit not just the Paradym TD 5 wood but ALSO the tour issue Rogue ST Triple Diamond 5 wood fairway and can compare them?

I've hit the paradym standard 5 wood and have the Rogue ST TD TC 5w in the bag but not sure how the new adjustable Paradym TD 5 wood compares.

The Rogue ST TD TC model is supposed to be higher spin than the Rogue ST LS model and was obviously tour only - so not sure if the Paradym TD 5w for this year is closer to the Rogue ST LS or 'higher spin' like the Rogue ST TD TC head.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk

Anybody do a head to head with the TD and G430 LST? I have the G430 now but man the hype behind this TD is enough to make a grown man cave 😂

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max TD 8.5 degree w/ Ventus TR Blue 6X

Callaway UW 17 w/Hzrdus Black Gen 4 6.5

TaylorMade Rescue 11 19 degree X flex
Callaway AI Smoke 5-AW, Nippon Modus 120X
Callaway Raw Face Chrome, 52/58, Nippon Modus 125 wedge
Makefield putter

2024 Callaway Chrome Tour X

1 minute ago, bryanwmilburn said:

Anybody do a head to head with the TD and G430 LST? I have the G430 now but man the hype behind this TD is enough to make a grown man cave 😂

Curious to hear also.....from just a few fittings I've done, the LST is tiny bit more fade bias and maybe a shade lower launch setup dependent obviously......SOOOOOO many great drivers available 😀 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bryanwmilburn said:

Yes. Twice, when I bought the Stealth 2 plus and now the TD.

Unfortunately, the G430 LST has been nothing but a disappointment each time I have given it a chance. Every objective aspect of it was worse than both of those drivers... spin, distance, accuracy. It was a decent feeling driver though.

I really wish it worked out for me because I used to be a huge Ping fan... I still have my old G10 driver with UST proforce V2 in storage, but the triple diamond won and it wasn't even close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Titleist TSR3 - Fujikura Ventus TR Velocore Red 6-X 

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 7-X

3-GW: Titleist T-100 Nippon N.S.Pro Nodus Tour 105 S

SW, LW: Callaway Jaws RAW 54* and 58*

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 6.5

Ball: MaxFli Tour-x; Titleist ProV1; Callaway Chrome soft X

17 minutes ago, bryanwmilburn said:

I did.  Paradym TD was higher ball speed for me with acceptable dispersion.  G430 LST was lower ball speed but dispersion was better.  I'm a ball speed fiend so I went with the Paradym, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Well after my round yesterday I felt the face on my 3rd TD head and found a nice little dent in it. Looks like I’ll be on to head #4 this week after I get it warrantied. So frustrated with the failure rates I’m seeing. 1 cracked and now 2 dented heads. This last one didn’t even last me a month and a half…

• Sad 1

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

2 hours ago, KingTitus said:

Well after my round yesterday I felt the face on my 3rd TD head and found a nice little dent in it. Looks like I’ll be on to head #4 this week after I get it warrantied. So frustrated with the failure rates I’m seeing. 1 cracked and now 2 dented heads. This last one didn’t even last me a month and a half…

Yikes, what sort of club head / ball speed do you have?

20 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Yikes, what sort of club head / ball speed do you have?

I cruise between 178-180mph.

Just now, KingTitus said:

I cruise between 178-180mph.

180 is pretty much where I max out on course.  I'm lucky to still be on my first one.  Fingers crossed.......

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

180 is pretty much where I max out on course.  I'm lucky to still be on my first one.  Fingers crossed.......

I think I’ve just gotten unlucky as I haven’t seen anything really on there being a big issues with their faces denting/cracking. As long as they replace them, I’ll keep rolling with it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Third-times-a-charm,

i haven’t compared the 5W’s but have in the 3W versions.  I am currently playing the Rogues ST LS TD 3W.  It is the adjustable version and I have done a head to head comparison with the Paradym TD 3W.  In my experience the PTD was too similar to the Rogue ST LS TD.  I didn’t have any difference in spin or ball speed.  In fact the Rogue ST LS TD gave me slightly better overall performance.  I tried both with Diamana DF, Kuro Kage XTS, and Tensei white 1K shafts.  I’m sticking with the Rogue in my 3W.  I also have a Rogue ST LS adjustable 5W but it’s not the TD version.  I may look at the PTD T fairway woods for my next comparison.  Thx!

• Like 1

Callaway Maverick SZ TD 9* Mitsubishi DF 70, Callaway Steelhead 3W Mitsubishi DF 80, Callaway Steelhead 5W Mitsubishi DF80,  Adams Peanut 18* Mitsubishi Pro Orange 90, Apex TCB 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX,  Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58 Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX, Scotty Cameron Newport 33/350G gun blue putter

10 hours ago, KingTitus said:

I think I’ve just gotten unlucky as I haven’t seen anything really on there being a big issues with their faces denting/cracking. As long as they replace them, I’ll keep rolling with it.

I don’t think it’s unlucky. And there is no issue with the design, it is that you can’t play the retail head. They’re making the faces thinner and thinner in the face to keep up in the speed race because that’s what sells. That’s what consumers want. If they don’t do it they get criticized for having slow drivers. The retail thickness works for 99.9 percent of golfers. If this was a driver from 5 years ago you would not have this problem. 

Retail heads will not work for all Tour players, but would work for some of them. For some they have heads with thicker faces and they don’t have to worry about caving. If it has happened to you 4 times it will keep happening. I would not replace a head more than twice before I got a Tour face or just change brands. I am surprised Callaway keeps replacing them. Clearly you are not playing the right one. 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

16 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

I don’t think it’s unlucky. And there is no issue with the design, it is that you can’t play the retail head. They’re making the faces thinner and thinner in the face to keep up in the speed race because that’s what sells. That’s what consumers want. If they don’t do it they get criticized for having slow drivers. The retail thickness works for 99.9 percent of golfers. If this was a driver from 5 years ago you would not have this problem. 

Retail heads will not work for all Tour players, but would work for some of them. For some they have heads with thicker faces and they don’t have to worry about caving. If it has happened to you 4 times it will keep happening. I would not replace a head more than twice before I got a Tour face or just change brands. I am surprised Callaway keeps replacing them. Clearly you are not playing the right one. 

I agree that faces these days continue to get thinner in order to keep up with ball speeds. My local shop takes the dented or cracked head and deals with the warranty claim with Callaway. They let me take a retail head off the rack and take it with me, so I’ve had no interaction with Callaway. I definitely think a tour issue head would be better for me with the thicker face, but I’m not interested in paying $1000 for a head when my local shop takes care of me. In todays day and age, I don’t know what other brand to look at. I’ve cracked a OG stealth+ and TSR, so my only option I see which could hold up is Ping. But I’m not a fan of the look at address. 

1 hour ago, KingTitus said:

I agree that faces these days continue to get thinner in order to keep up with ball speeds. My local shop takes the dented or cracked head and deals with the warranty claim with Callaway. They let me take a retail head off the rack and take it with me, so I’ve had no interaction with Callaway. I definitely think a tour issue head would be better for me with the thicker face, but I’m not interested in paying $1000 for a head when my local shop takes care of me. In todays day and age, I don’t know what other brand to look at. I’ve cracked a OG stealth+ and TSR, so my only option I see which could hold up is Ping. But I’m not a fan of the look at address. 

A high SS guy popped the face off of this Stealth 2 yesterday during a round. His second Taylormade failure. It happens to all of them. You're at the point where you either get comfortable with replacements and loaners or go back a generation or two and find OEMs who do thicker faces like Callaway (or pay top dollar for current gen on ebay).

• Like 1

AITD MAX  10.5° + UB6 AIMAX 16.5° + 21° + 24° + UB6+7+8 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / JWS RW + MODUS120 / Too many putters idk

3 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

A high SS guy popped the face off of this Stealth 2 yesterday during a round. His second Taylormade failure. It happens to all of them. You're at the point where you either get comfortable with replacements and loaners or go back a generation or two and find OEMs who do thicker faces like Callaway (or pay top dollar for current gen on ebay).

Just had my local shop warranty head number 3 for me. Walked out with #4....fingers cross this one lasts me a bit longer than the previous ones. With how they handle the customer service side of things, I'll simply keep replacing them as they allow it. 

• Like 2

Played today and got amazing results with the TD.  

Played the golds and was absolutely amazed at the distance I got. You can see the distance in the left lower corner.IMG_2059.jpeg.2b4b38f7ee42ab4acba0ad58d614957e.jpeg

IMG_2060.jpeg.d8d3e58c9e9932b4bef03e0a69088cb6.jpeg

As far as the 3 wood, had a short 280 yard par 4 that I drove pin high (with some helping wind).

All in all beyond happy with both clubs.

Just now, gs1184 said:

Played today and got amazing results with the TD.  

Played the golds and was absolutely amazed at the distance I got. You can see the distance in the left lower corner.IMG_2059.jpeg.2b4b38f7ee42ab4acba0ad58d614957e.jpeg

IMG_2060.jpeg.d8d3e58c9e9932b4bef03e0a69088cb6.jpeg

As far as the 3 wood, had a short 280 yard par 4 that I drove pin high (with some helping wind).

All in all beyond happy with both clubs.

Which course? 

5 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Which course? 

Tierra Verde. Its in Arlington TX.

• Thanks 1

For those that have ordered a Triple Diamond recently directly from Callaway with a custom shaft... how long did it take to arrive?  Website says 1-2weeks, but I feel like it's usually quicker than that before it ships.  Hit it last night and whoa... spin numbers similar to my Maverik but dispersion much better.  Tournament next Thursday, and I have a feeling I'd be cutting it close with a custom order.

Callaway AI Smoke Triple 🔹 9*
AI Smoke Max 3wood 15*
Apex UW 19*
Callaway Apex MB '24 
Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 56, 60
Jailbird

1 hour ago, iputts_28 said:

For those that have ordered a Triple Diamond recently directly from Callaway with a custom shaft... how long did it take to arrive?  Website says 1-2weeks, but I feel like it's usually quicker than that before it ships.  Hit it last night and whoa... spin numbers similar to my Maverik but dispersion much better.  Tournament next Thursday, and I have a feeling I'd be cutting it close with a custom order.

Depends on the shaft but you will be cutting it close. I ordered one from Callaway but it had not shipped in two weeks. Spotted the same driver at Second Swing a few days later, bought that one and canceled the direct order. 

My order was with a 70g shaft and Callaway said that shaft and it being a driver order would take more time. They’re selling a lot of the TD drivers. If you need it by next week I would say call and ask what builds they have ready to ship and just change out the shaft yourself. 

Edited by dmeeksDC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iputts_28 said:

A 5 wood with custom shaft took 4 days both times i ordered - last month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iputts_28 said:

Personally, I would call & ask about different builds if you're looking to place an order. I ordered a 10.5* TD with a Kai'li Blue at the end of June & the rep said they were waiting on 10.5* heads to arrive, so it wound up being closer to three weeks for me. Their CS folks are great & have far more visibility re: in-stock items than the website typically does

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I got lucky and ended up finding a TD 8* at a local shop today so I didn't have to go through Callaway after all.  I'll give the Kai'li shaft it came with a shot, but more than likely I'll put in my Rogue white shaft (which is probably a no brainer since it gave me great numbers on my buddy's TD last night). Let the fun begin!

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Triple 🔹 9*
AI Smoke Max 3wood 15*
Apex UW 19*
Callaway Apex MB '24 
Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 56, 60
Jailbird

5 hours ago, iputts_28 said:

Thanks guys.  I got lucky and ended up finding a TD 8* at a local shop today so I didn't have to go through Callaway after all.  I'll give the Kai'li shaft it came with a shot, but more than likely I'll put in my Rogue white shaft (which is probably a no brainer since it gave me great numbers on my buddy's TD last night). Let the fun begin!

Exactly what I did — only I found the 10.5 head I wanted and play it at -1 draw. Good luck with it! It has been an amazing fit for me and I love how it feels at impact. 

• Like 1

Dropping back in, this driver is awesome, I find it very forgiving and also really straight. Was hoping to have it's first tournament round this weekend but I tore my calf muscle today on thr course 🤦🏽‍♂️ was down a hill hitting a pitch to an elevated green, hit the pitch exactly how I wanted to. Jogged up the hill and heard a loud pop from my left calf. Can barely walk now so im gonna be out for a while. 

• Sad 1

1st trip to the range with my used (new to me) TD 10.5 Fujikura Ventus VeloCore TR Blue 6.

This thing has another gear that I did not find with my gamer Rogue ST max LS.

Seems to be as forgiving on mishits and actually better on toe hits than the LS.

Have to see if if performs as well on the course.  Very hopeful at this point but I am well aware of the honeymoon period between myself and clubs.

Highest ball speed was 160, unfortunately this is at a Trackman range so no spin #’s but seems to fly higher than my LS.

When you catch it in the center it really feels excellent. 

IMG_1898.jpeg.cdea719c9bc2f0cb43381044a00bc74d.jpegIMG_1899.png.25ae63863a8c49b921c6c8f0b037f105.pngIMG_1900.png.5ad9787042ac8713c4766592bd0fdd53.png

Edited by Radeon962
  • Like 3

Question for those in the know, I picked up a GD 5S UB shaft with the red line adapter which I believe is the flatter lie. If I put it on the "D" setting will that bring it back close to standard lie?

Love the combo of the 10.5 TD and the 5S UB @ 46" was great today, but I had a hard time turning it over (I don't usually worry about such things and just play a slight fade or straight ball, but it is nice to have to get a bit more out of what SS I can muster) which I tend to think was having it in the N +1 setting. I have to loft up a bit since i do not swing very hard.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

Question for those in the know, I picked up a GD 5S UB shaft with the red line adapter which I believe is the flatter lie. If I put it on the "D" setting will that bring it back close to standard lie?

Love the combo of the 10.5 TD and the 5S UB @ 46" was great today, but I had a hard time turning it over (I don't usually worry about such things and just play a slight fade or straight ball, but it is nice to have to get a bit more out of what SS I can muster) which I tend to think was having it in the N +1 setting. I have to loft up a bit since i do not swing very hard.

Flat adapter is -1* (.75 or something) lie, and the D setting is +3* lie (actually 2.75 or some such). So no, the D setting will make it approx 2* more than it would be.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2023 at 7:38 PM, Radeon962 said:

1st trip to the range with my used (new to me) TD 10.5 Fujikura Ventus VeloCore TR Blue 6.

This thing has another gear that I did not find with my gamer Rogue ST max LS.

Seems to be as forgiving on mishits and actually better on toe hits than the LS.

Have to see if if performs as well on the course.  Very hopeful at this point but I am well aware of the honeymoon period between myself and clubs.

Highest ball speed was 160, unfortunately this is at a Trackman range so no spin #’s but seems to fly higher than my LS.

When you catch it in the center it really feels excellent. 

IMG_1898.jpeg.cdea719c9bc2f0cb43381044a00bc74d.jpegIMG_1899.png.25ae63863a8c49b921c6c8f0b037f105.pngIMG_1900.png.5ad9787042ac8713c4766592bd0fdd53.png

Congrats. You’re going to enjoy it. I played the same driver you did last year and it’s no honeymoon. You have it right: MAX LS was great but the TD has another gear and I can say after about 10 rounds that the misses are better, surprisingly better. I play my 10.5 at -1 Draw and I know I can just let it release and I get a slight draw or straight. Off-center contact is not all that punishing. I have put some rushed swings on it and caught some low on the face bullets that were straight and got out there. Best drives this year are longer than best drives last year, no question. The crunch feel on a sweet spot hit as worth striving for. And the color scheme provides a nice subtle perpendicular line on the crown, but there’s no pointy alignment aid. I like everything about it. 

• Like 1