2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 TaylorMade

brucedeuce

I demo’d all three versions of the Qi 3 woods against my Stealth+ 3 wood. First thing I noticed in the bay was how much quieter they were than the Stealth+. QI’s did ok, Tour vs Stealth+ were pretty equal. All were hit off the deck. Nothing earth shattering. 

• Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

It seems like the Qi10LS measures lighter compared to my stealth plus driver head both 9 degrees.

Qi10LS measured at 195.5g while Stealth plus measured at 196.8. about 1.3 lighter.

While testing my QI10LS for the first time I did feel like I was able to swing it with less effort. It could have been due to the drop in swing weight.

Will have to do more testing.

My Qi10 LS at 9 degrees upright coupled with a Kai'li White 60X shaft has been an absolute bomber. No issues with launch or spin and I'm able to produce a nice fade off the tee. It also suites my swing and height so, as always, get fitted as required. I must say I was worried about the low spin and launch reviews but, it seems like the Qi10 has gotten the ball flight in my preferred window. Best of luck to all.

Edited by erickhand
  • Like 2

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Kai'li White 60X

TaylorMade MyStealth 2+ 9* Kai'li White 60X

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Kai'li White 70X

Titleist TSR2 21* @ 20.25* HZRDUS Black 4G 6.0 80
Titleist T150 4-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Vokey
 SM9 50/54* Modus 120 X-stiff

Vokey SM9 58* KBS 610 Wedge Stiff

Scotty Cameron Select Square Back 2

15 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

I demo’d all three versions of the Qi 3 woods against my Stealth+ 3 wood. First thing I noticed in the bay was how much quieter they were than the Stealth+. QI’s did ok, Tour vs Stealth+ were pretty equal. All were hit off the deck. Nothing earth shattering. 

Hit my sim vs the Qi tour and standard heads. The Qi has a very attractive smaller look compared to the Sim. I was kinda disappointed the standard head wasn’t a bit more shallow. Qi tour preformed really good and love the toe screw. But I just didn’t see good enough numbers to dethrone the king 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's actually what I like about the standard head. The deeper face. The LS shape is really good, though, and the feel is so solid. I have the standard Qi10 coming, but find it hard to think I won't also pick up an LS head at some point this year....you know, just to make sure it's not the right fit. 

• Haha 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

11 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

That's actually what I like about the standard head. The deeper face. The LS shape is really good, though, and the feel is so solid. I have the standard Qi10 coming, but find it hard to think I won't also pick up an LS head at some point this year....you know, just to make sure it's not the right fit. 

Especially when those 4 and 6 woods come out 👀

... Interesting which form of seduction works for you. I was intrigued and seduced by 10k MOI forgiveness. Didn't like the shape or feel but thought if this really improves my slight misses by a noticeable degree, I can get used to the look/feel. First swing on the course looking down at the driver it looked a little closed even adjusted 2 clicks down. And Big. Biggly Big. It went downhill from there. I play a slight draw to straight ball off the tee and a bad swing borders on a hook. The Qi10 Max was no help at all on those swings and produced an even worse shot than my Stealth2 HD with some lead tape on the toe and a lighter weight in the heel. I can't say I noticed slight misses performing any better for me either. 

... I gave it 7 full rounds and exchanged it for the standard Qi10 with the PGA SS 90 day playability offer. Someone in Phoenix is getting a pristine used Qi10 Max. I haven't even hit it yet but just looking down at the Standard head fills me with my normal confidence. Got a solid week of upper 70's and low 80's to play it and see if it can stay in my bag.  

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, CallawayLefty said:

Replying to my own post here…

I now have a couple rounds in with the Qi10.  I cannot recall ever owning a driver that is this accurate - and trust me I have owned them all.  Yesterday I hit driver 12 times.  9 of them were fairway or within a couple club lengths of the fairway. Two were a little offline but very much “on the grid”.  I hit one foul ball out of 12.  That is a banner day for me.  I usually hit maybe 2-3 fairways a round with driver and am fighting wild shots all day. 

As I had mentioned, one of the main reasons I bought it was to see more spin on mishits, and I would say it absolutely works for that purpose.  As a higher speed player, I have never even considered anything other than the lowest spin heads.  But the thing that surprised me is it is still sneaky long when you catch one.  

It’s a wonderful combo - long on your best strikes and a little shorter but far more accurate on your bad ones.  A complete winner.  

My question now is do the fairways do the same thing, and which one of the regular and tour are people liking the best?  I’m inclined to get a tour for a little more adjustability. 

What kind of SS are you working with? Also which head/shaft combo are you gaming?

Anyone know if theres any difference between the tensei LTD blue offering from taylormade and the Tensei Xlink blue. Both are no upcharge offerings. If you look at the matrix it says the LTD blue is slightly lower spin but im wondering what the actual difference is. I believe the LTD blue is a made for shaft for them.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 @11.25 Ventus TR Red 6X

Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 wood 15 @15.75 Ventus TR Red 8X

Taylormade QI10 3 Hybrid Tour AD DI 85S 
Titleist T200 4-6 T150 7-PW Modus 105X 4 iron 120X 5-PW

Taylormade My MG4 50 Modus 120X
Taylormade My MG4 56 TI DG S400

Taylormade My High Toe 3 60 TI DG S400

Taylormade Spider Tour V Stability Tour

Taylormade TP5X 2024

For those of you who upgraded from stealth 2+ to either qi10 or qi10ls, is it worth it? 

I just upgraded from stealth+ to stealth2+ but I wasn't sure if I'm missing out on anything. 

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

1 hour ago, bongta029 said:

For those of you who upgraded from stealth 2+ to either qi10 or qi10ls, is it worth it? 

I just upgraded from stealth+ to stealth2+ but I wasn't sure if I'm missing out on anything. 

I upgrade from a stealth 2 head standard but it was hotmelted. 

year over year I never expect much performance wise but it an expensive switch for a prettier club but IMO it does look and sound better which then plays into look good feel good 

1 hour ago, bongta029 said:

I upgraded from S2+ to the QiLS.  The biggest difference for me is dispersion.  Tighter in testing and on the course.  Very much holds its speed better on mishits 

• Like 4

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

2 hours ago, bongta029 said:

Was there a big difference between the Stealth+ and 2+? I’m still in the OG Stealth and still like it. Tried the Stealth 2 but it didn’t perform as well vs the OG, plus I like the matte finish better.Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, boggyman said:

Was there a big difference between the Stealth+ and 2+? I’m still in the OG Stealth and still like it. Tried the Stealth 2 but it didn’t perform as well vs the OG, plus I like the matte finish better.Thanks in advance.

My normal miss with stealth+ is a low hook with low backspin. Stealth 2+ gave a little more backspin so I was hoping the ball to have more airtime and eliminate that low hook with 30 yards roll. This year's head sounds like it would give me more ball speed with less effort, so I was tempted to try it. 

I have matte crown for my stealth2+, I can't stand the glossy black. 

Edited by bongta029
  • Thanks 1

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

22 hours ago, n_rones said:

Anyone know if theres any difference between the tensei LTD blue offering from taylormade and the Tensei Xlink blue. Both are no upcharge offerings. If you look at the matrix it says the LTD blue is slightly lower spin but im wondering what the actual difference is. I believe the LTD blue is a made for shaft for them.

For reference i called Mitsubishi and they said its the exact same shaft just a different paint scheme and name for Taylormade. Wonder if tmade put it in a slightly lower spin category on their chart to try and sell more?

Taylormade TP5X 2024

Interesting tidbits:

-high toe good

-low heel on the LS model..... (-39.6) yards! Not so good. Glad I've initially ordered the standard head with my main driver miss as low heel.

• Like 2

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

... Quick update. After only one round it was clear the standard Qi10 performs better than the Max for me. I'll need quite a few more rounds with a few different shafts before deciding if it is better than the Stealth2 HD but at least it is in the running. 

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

36 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

Interesting tidbits:

-high toe good

-low heel on the LS model..... (-39.6) yards! Not so good. Glad I've initially ordered the standard head with my main driver miss as low heel.

This was my experience testing prior to placing an order for the qi ls.

I’m a cut/fade guy off the tee and the heel is my miss.  I did see 20 yards less or so off a heel miss, however the ball went dead straight on those.  The cally drivers I had been playing tending to go farther right in the heel miss creating more problems.

I'm usually pretty slow to switch drivers (everything else is a completely different story).  I'm still just hanging around back here with my 440 M3 head.  Looking at the face height measurements in the other in-hand pics thread, looks like I'm even a bit behind by a couple tenths of an inch even compared to the core head.  Couple that with the fact if the MOI numbers are to be believed, about 3-4K on that too if they are actually in the 8K+ range.  I typically struggle with a full size head when it comes to visual footprint, but these might persuade me to give it another go.  I've seen the max in person and that head still looks huge to me, but hoping the core is a bit better looking to the eye.  The crown to face transition looked magical to me.

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Just got my Qi10 with TR Blue 6x. 6 days from order to delivery. 

I ordered .5" short and did not specify swing weight. I see on the build sheet that they did use the TSS #13 weight which is 3-4 grams more than the standard....which is exactly what I was hoping they'd do.  Makes me super happy I don't need to tinker around with weights. I used to be terrified of ordering anything custom from Taylormade due to not knowing how much they'd tip the shaft and/or how swingweight would be affected if ordering shorter in length. They seem to have stepped it up recently which is nice for the 1% of us that are super nerdy about our orders. Good job, Taylormade 👍

Comparing length to my G430 Max 10k at 45.25", the Qi10 is about a grip cap longer so Taylormade is going a little longer than other OEMs in how they measure, but not a huge deal for me since I went shorter than standard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TSR3 24* IZ 95x

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

20 minutes ago, halfsumo said:

Just got my Qi10 with TR Blue 6x. 6 days from order to delivery. 

I ordered .5" short and did not specify swing weight. I see on the build sheet that they did use the TSS #13 weight which is 3-4 grams more than the standard....which is exactly what I was hoping they'd do.  Makes me super happy I don't need to tinker around with weights. I used to be terrified of ordering anything custom from Taylormade due to not knowing how much they'd tip the shaft and/or how swingweight would be affected if ordering shorter in length. They seem to have stepped it up recently which is nice for the 1% of us that are super nerdy about our orders. Good job, Taylormade 👍

Comparing length to my G430 Max 10k at 45.25", the Qi10 is about a grip cap longer so Taylormade is going a little longer than other OEMs in how they measure, but not a huge deal for me since I went shorter than standard. 

Good to know. Of note, I've found that going shorter and having the back weight increased has upped spin a little bit. 

• Thanks 1

I ordered my custom Qi10ls on Monday night and by Tuesday afternoon it was built and shipped out. I’m in New York and will have it in my hands from California tomorrow.

• Like 1

Taylormade TP5X 2024

Can anyone speak to experiences with the Qi10 and Qi10 Tour fairways?  I’m getting fit in about 10 days and just wanted to get some intel.  

I had posted above but am loving my Qi10 driver for its accuracy and forgiveness.  I’m inclined to go with the stock Qi10 3 wood and am worried it could get a little spinny. 

I only have one round with the Qi10 fairway thus far, but loving it.  Easiest fairway I have ever used.  I thought the stealth 2 standard fairway launched too high and spun too much.  The qi10 seems better.  I just got my hands on a qi10 tour but haven’t hit it yet.

Titleist TS3 10.5 Kuro Kage DC 70 TX
Titleist TS2 3 Wood Evenflow 85
Titleist 818 H2 19* Tensei White
Titleist 718 AP3 KBS S Taper S+ 4 iron
Titleist 718 CB KBS S Taper S+ 5-9
Vokey Hand Ground by the Man himself 46F, 50F, 54K, 60V
Scotty Cameron Toolbox 009

Seeing a bunch of QI 10 LS heads new in plastic or hit for 30 min being dumped on ebay/classifieds. I didn't wanna spend my time dialing it in and stuck with my gamer. Whats the consensus? It seemed fast i just didn't like the launch # and wasn't switching shafts to make it work.

Tour Issue SIM [email protected] Ventus Blue 6tx

Stealth 2 Plus 16.5 Ventus Blue 7x

Apex UW OG 21 Fuji Tour Spec 8x

2019 T100 4-PW AMT X100 White

SM8 50F12, SM9 56F14 Raw, SM8 08M Raw

Mezz Max Plat 35.5"/70

Might appear bad, but its also WRX, so its also not that uncommon either.  🤣

Some just like to buy to try,,,surely easier to offload new hotness than an older model if they perform similarly.

• Like 1

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

I've LOVED my Stealth 2+.  Trying out the Qi10LS now.  Has a different feel and sound, a little more hollow, which isn't bad, but I prefer the Stealth 2+.  I haven't worked out the kinks yet with Qi10, so can't compare performance yet, but will try to report back after some time-on-task.

Driver: Taylormade Qi10LS, Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X. (Fit by Truespec North Georgia 2024)

3W: Taylormade Sim Max, Accra FX 2.0 200 M3. (Fit by Club Champion Atlanta 2019)

2I: Ping iCrossover, Fujikura Axiom 105X. (Self-fit 2024)

4I-PW: Callaway Rogue ST Pro, Fujikura Axiom 105X. (Self-fit 2023)

Wedges: 47, 51, 59 Edison Forged, Mitsubishi MMT 125 TX. (Self-fit 2021)

Putter: LAB Golf DF 2.1 (Self-fit 2022)

Ball: Chromesoft X (Fit by Ping's Ballnamic system).

Bag: MNML.

Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart.

Shoes: Asics Gel Kayano Ace.