2024 TaylorMade

brucedeuce

42 minutes ago, chisag said:

... About the only thing I can add to that is the slightly high and toe miss goes as long as a center hit. Since that is my miss the Qi10 has just been awesome for me. And you guys know the drill, when something works so well with your miss, it gives you the confidence to swing freely and that limits the miss. I am old school and loved the feel/sound of the Stealth2 that is very dense and muted but I have no complaints about the Qi10 and think Taylor Made nailed it with a compromise in feel and sound that isn't too muted or too explosive and it should appeal to almost everyone. 

Yes, yes — confidence that you know what the driver will do on misses is huge. I had been pondering the Qi10 MAX head and it was reading a lot of reviews — including your posts — that got me to check out the standard head. I know from past threads there is a lot of knowledge in your takes that seems to match up well with my game. Glad I gave it a run. My assumption was I needed the MAX for forgiveness but the standard more than measures up.

I was playing the PXG Black Ops and it is a very nice driver but I could not get it dialed in. Several rounds played and it was fine but not wowing me. Seemed bulky and I felt like I was trying too hard to like it to justify my purchase. I spent the money, I really wanted to love it. Was not happening. It bummed me out.

So I hit demos again, the Smoke AI and an Qi10. Both strong but the Qi10 really impressed me. A week later I decided to buy a Qi10 and return it if it was just the same as the Black Ops. Maybe it’s just me, I thought. But I hammered my first drive with the Qi10 and I have not looked back. I liked it better, immediately. As soon as I finished my first round with the Qi10, the PXG went up for sale. The TaylorMade is sized perfectly, swings “fast,” is actually easier to hit straight and it has that extra gear. It has been simply spectacular, regularly turning subpar swings in to very playable results. It is wowing me. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I have now had 4 rounds with my Qi10, two with a Smoke Green 70 6.0 and 2 with a Ventus TR Red 6X and i'm still not sure if i'm happy with it over my old SIM2 Max

Feel of the face goes to the SIM2 Max and whilst the Qi10 has a long ball in it, I don't seem as accurate and not as keen on the larger head.

I managed to spend an hour at an indoor Trackman Studio today and hit 4 different combo's of SIM2 Max and Qi10 (Stats attached)....what do you think??

SIM Green is my existing SIM 2 Max with Smoke Green - LOVE IT - Whilst it's maybe down 5 yards the dispersion ring is far smaller (Cost = £0)

Qi Green is a 9' Qi10 (Core) with my Smoke Green Shaft (Cost = £499)

Qi Red is a 9' Qi10 (Core) with Ventus TR Red 6X - Love the feel and stability of the shaft but strangely spin is far lower than the smoke green and dispersion is the worst (Cost = £699)

Qi Red +1 is a 9' Qi10 (Core) lofted up 1 click to 9.75' but strangely this is the shortest carry of them all (Cost = £699)

I'm finding it hard to justify even the £499 Qi10 let alone the upgraded shaft....It seemed to get slated on here but the SIM2 Max is just SO DAMN GOOD!!!

Screenshot2024-03-26at14_56_41.png.91badc9f69d454f46da7247b005f98b3.png

Edited by nickosbad
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

I have now had 4 rounds with my Qi10, two with a Smoke Green 70 6.0 and 2 with a Ventus TR Red 6X and i'm still not sure if i'm happy with it over my old SIM2 Max

Feel of the face goes to the SIM2 Max and whilst the Qi10 has a long ball in it, I don't seem as accurate and not as keen on the larger head.

I managed to spend an hour at an indoor Trackman Studio today and hit 4 different combo's of SIM2 Max and Qi10 (Stats attached)....what do you think??

SIM Green is my existing SIM 2 Max with Smoke Green - LOVE IT - Whilst it's maybe down 5 yards the dispersion ring is far smaller (Cost = £0)

Qi Green is a 9' Qi10 (Core) with my Smoke Green Shaft (Cost = £499)

Qi Red is a 9' Qi10 (Core) with Ventus TR Red 6X - Love the feel and stability of the shaft but strangely spin is far lower than the smoke green and dispersion is the worst (Cost = £699)

Qi Red +1 is a 9' Qi10 (Core) lofted up 1 click to 9.75' but strangely this is the shortest carry of them all (Cost = £699)

I'm finding it hard to justify even the £499 Qi10 let alone the upgraded shaft....It seemed to get slated on here but the SIM2 Max is just SO DAMN GOOD!!!

Screenshot2024-03-26at14_56_41.png.91badc9f69d454f46da7247b005f98b3.png

Have you tried the Qi10 in a 10.5 head vs lofting up the 9 degree head?  At least in the trackman data you posted, the Qi10 Smoke Green combo seems to be as tight as the Sim Max.  But, if it's not a clear winner, why spend the money.  Other than the joy that comes with having a shiny new club haha.  

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

32 minutes ago, toastinato said:

See a bunch of these for sale on eBay. I didn’t even know they were out yet. Don’t even see them on TM website. 

IMG_0632.png

That crown...

Michael Scott Eww GIF - Michael Scott Eww Yuck GIFs

New 2024 TaylorMade BRNR 11.5* Mini Driver Mitsubishi Tensei AV Black 65g X-Flex - Picture 2 of 6

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

2 hours ago, benz5521 said:

gonna guess that this is the 760…

IMG_1778.png

Reminds me a bit of the J15 DPF which I really liked

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

Well it finally happened to me last night, split the head wide open on my Stealth2, carbon piece pried out basically from the toe to the center of the club. And I...just dont love the Qi10 yet. Been testing it with the same exact shafts and the heads weigh exactly the same but...I dont love it. I KNOW - its basically the same club lol, I cant explain it. Who knows why, I might be a 6 index but I have the mental game of a 40. Supposed to play 3 rounds this weekend so I'll be hitting up PGA Superstore for some used options this afternoon...non carbon face options lol.

The good news is I am absolutely loving the MB/MC combo set with the MMTs. I was a little worried that they didnt have the Steelfiber 110s but the MMT 105s are a really solid option. I absolutely love the 8-9-P MBs.

Edited by dcmidnight
  • Like 1

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

19 hours ago, Tree Levino said:

MC

P7CB...my guess they will have the MB, CB, 770, 790 and do away with the MC moniker.

• Like 4

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else with a Qi10 “Core” finding it very fade biased??

6 weeks in with my Qi10 Driver and I’m seriously thinking about benching it and going back to my SIM2 Max.

My bad shot with driver has always been left so initially I was pleased with the anti-left feel to my Qi10 but this thing is almost impossible to turn over and I’m finding that I’m losing shots to the right with it (I’m playing it 1 click higher loft so the face is slightly closed too)

Today I hit 4 balls of each tee (2 with each driver) and both with the exact same shaft but Qi10 was no longer and every shot was fade vs every shot was straight/slight draw with the SIM2 Max

• Like 1

Not at all fade biased for me. Easy to hit draws. Playing standard head at 9 degrees. I am playing a TPT Power series 17 Lo shaft in it. 

6 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Not at all fade biased for me. Easy to hit draws. Playing standard head at 9 degrees. I am playing a TPT Power series 17 Lo shaft in it. 

Agreed - The Qi10 (standard) is probably the straighted TM driver I've ever hit. Typically I go for the 'low spin' versions of these drivers each year, but opted for more forgiveness as a trade off for the lower spin of the LS version...

Got the 9 degree version, went w/the upright setting (My usual set-up), but eventually dialed down the loft to the lowest position and it's singing now. Straight as an arrow! 

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

17 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

Interesting that the last two posters aren’t seeing the same.

I’m just getting 2 very different shot shapes when the only difference is the head

Im not as keen on the shape of the Qi10 so maybe it’s throwing off my swing in some way

Could be the swing, the shaft who knows…

We’re all different in our own special way.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

54 minutes ago, nickosbad said:

Interesting that the last two posters aren’t seeing the same.

I’m just getting 2 very different shot shapes when the only difference is the head

Im not as keen on the shape of the Qi10 so maybe it’s throwing off my swing in some way

If you’re not loving the shape, that can be difficult to get past. Is it just the standard? Did you try the Max?

I really like the shape. That was what first drew me to it. I think it is an important factor. You should try different hosel settings, see if you get a look you like. 

21 hours ago, nickosbad said:

Today I hit 4 balls of each tee (2 with each driver) and both with the exact same shaft but Qi10 was no longer and every shot was fade vs every shot was straight/slight draw with the SIM2 Max

... Coming from the Stealth2 HD my std Qi10 is neutral for me. I did install a lighter weight in the heel and put some lead tape on the toe of my HD and it usually produced a slight draw or straight ball. My Qi10 is mostly pretty straight but can also produce a very slight draw, but never a fade. So for me at least the HD had a slight draw bias and the Qi10 is neutral. 

... As others have stated, I started out with the Qi10 Max and hated to look at address. Like a big round spaceship it just didn't fit my eye and I hit a ton of hooks. I gave it 10 full rounds to be fair and disliked it as much in round 10 as round 1. Exchanged under the playability guarantee I expected to play the standard Qi10 and then sell it. I was pretty surprised by the performance and for me it is the best driver I have ever played. Absolutely love the look at address and I am driving the ball better than I have in a long time. 

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

So I had another fit today and went in armed ONLY with my existing SIM2 Max.

Its' strange, on a GCQuad  every fitter tells me that my SIM2 Max & Smoke Green combo is far too low spin (most of them around 18-1900 but on the course it just seems to perform and I don't feel like I struggle with spin, strangely enough I often feel like it spins too much at times and balloons.

Anyway, the fitter ended up putting me in the Qi10 LS 10.5' with a Tensei AV Black X-Stiff (SS today was 106mph), head shape is so much nicer and I was absolutely striping it, strangely not losing it right like with the standard head even lofted down and weight in the toe.

I tend to not trust most of the fitters i've encountered as there seems to be an a desire to fit into their upcharge shafts automatically or a lack of knowledge (eg, today's fitter told me that AV Black in an X is softer than a 6.0 HZRDUS and is more of a mid-launch shaft)

The one fitter I tend to trust does not have an indoor facility so whilst I was OK going to them for irons, i'm less happy fitting a driver with Range Balls.

This is the second time that i've been recommended the LS in 10.5 but I went with the standard Qi10 to give me more forgiveness as I was concerned about low spin and it's the first time i've actually been able to hit the AV Black in an X Flex. I may just have to go with the LS and see how it perform on the course!