2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 TaylorMade

brucedeuce

I was playing the Stealth 2+ at 8 degrees. Put the Qi10 LS in the bag last weekend and had great results. After a long range session, I found the Qi10 at 9 degrees provided the same flight window/spin numbers as my Stealth 2+ did at 8 degrees. As noted above dispersion is noticeably better on mishits. 

• Like 1

TM Qi10 LS 9° LAGP A-series Low 60 - 5(X) Limited Release

Cobra King Speedzone 14.5° LAGP Tour AXS BLU 70X

TM 2019 P790 3 19° LAGP A-series Low Hybrid 105

TM 2019 P790 4-P LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

TM MG4 50.09° SB 54.11° SB 60.08° LB LAGP L-series 120i - 5(X)

SIK Pro C-Series Armlock LAGP TPZ 180 | Titleist 23’ Pro V1x 

... I only have 3 rounds played with my Qi10 but already know I am all in. The Stealth2 HD was a fairway finder for me and when I tried the standard Stealth2 I just wasn't as accurate. At age 70 finding as much as 10 more yards on my longest drives and equally forgiving as the S2 HD is a nice find. I hit a few stoopid long drives today and already feel completely comfortable hitting it since I am using the same Ventus Red Velocore shaft. While it doesn't feel/sound quite as good as the HD for my tastes, the Qi10 feels/sounds really nice. 

• Like 4

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Just got back from first outdoor range session with Qi10 standard w/ Ventus TR Blue 6x. Honeymoon in full effect. This thing is amazing. Looks great, sounds and feels great. Very long. Just wants to go straight all day. Visually, I think that I see that my misses are a bit spinny, but they're all on the planet. I'm going to hit it on GC Quad next and see if I need to dial it down in loft a click or two. The shape, finish and colors are really up my alley. Matches great with my new Ai Odyssey putter.

I do think the LS model might feel a bit more solid, the standard head outside feels soft-ish. I actually prefer the shape of the standard head over the LS. I'll try to hit it side by side with my G430 10k which is also an amazing driver. So far, outdoors, the Qi10 might be straighter (higher spinning?) and definitely wins in the look sound and feel department over the PING. Definitely happy with the Qi10 consistency and shot shape initially.  

• Like 3

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Hit Qi10 standard on GC Quad today. Found out that two clicks lower works the best for me. Hitting it side by side with Ping 10k, kind of what you'd expect. The PING is more automatic, the Taylormade probably has a longer ball in it. At the end of the session I was sold on the PING because I hit about 5 in a row that all launched and spun almost exactly the same even though the strikes were different. But then I switched back to the Qi10 and hit some monsters (for me) and Qi10 was consistently 1-3 mph higher ballspeed . I guess I'm going to have to keep both for now.

qi10.jpg

• Like 2

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

10 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Hit Qi10 standard on GC Quad today. Found out that two clicks lower works the best for me. Hitting it side by side with Ping 10k, kind of what you'd expect. The PING is more automatic, the Taylormade probably has a longer ball in it. At the end of the session I was sold on the PING because I hit about 5 in a row that all launched and spun almost exactly the same even though the strikes were different. But then I switched back to the Qi10 and hit some monsters (for me) and Qi10 was consistently 1-3 mph higher ballspeed . I guess I'm going to have to keep both for now.

qi10.jpg

I was surprised I also preferred the standard to the LS and it really makes me wish the dot head had been released. I feel like an 8 degree dot would be unreal. 

Well, I suckered myself into trying some new equipment too.  A 9 degree core head and a tour 3W.

As for as the driver goes, I didn't hit it side by side to my M3 440, but compared to ball speeds from a few weeks ago, I was up 3-4 MPH.  I'll take that.  I could have always been a bit faster today for whatever reason, but my old speeds have been pretty typical so I don't really thing that was it.  I don't quite get the mishit feedback that I do with the 440, but I never saw 440 ball speeds either so I guess I didn't hit it that bad.   I ordered it with the Diamana T+, but being a AD DI guy, I don't really think I'm going to get along with that.  Felt a little too stiffer BB/WBish for me.  Popped the DI in it and that was a welcome change.  Too late to play a bunch of holes but if I'm not hitting it all over the map, might be time to retire the 440.  Not the biggest fan of the head shape/larger footprint...but it helps ease my feelings on it a bit when the ball goes farter.  😂

As for the tour FW 3 wood.  Lot of toe strikes today so hard to make the best opinion.  It definitely plays to a draw shape for me.  It also can eat some spin when it wants.  Not sure if I am going to stay with the stock shaft for that one either.  Jury is still out.  Slight dilemma is I'm also trying out a 17* UW head.  Ball speeds between those two are only 2-3 MPH.  That cally club really is a hot rocket too.  I think my next venture is to crank this one open a hair, move the weight to tune spin as much as I can and just try to turn it into a a bit of a draw bias mini-driver.  If I really have a peachy lie, maybe it gets used on occasion to go as far as possible otherwise I'll have the 17* if I want some height.  Only carry 3 wedges so the hole is there for the extra club. 

FWIW, these are seeming the quietest off the rack heads I have ever hit.  I typically hot melt all my stuff, not sure I'll need to do that this time around.

Anyone seen weights in the wild yet?  AE and some other site come up on an internet search, but I'm not sourcing from either one of those I highly doubt.

Edited by Golfrnut

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

On 2/26/2024 at 9:50 PM, halfsumo said:

qi10.jpg

with a left spin and your 27 yards right?  Not sure your finding that ball but you carried it a long way.  Just giving you a hard time but I would want something that is straighter.  My fitting is next Thursday as I have Stealth2 + that I am very happy with.

• Haha 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9 Ventus Velocore Blue 6x Tipped 1 inch

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood Ventus Velocore Red TR 7x

TaylorMade 2023 P7MB P-5 MMT 125 TX & P7MC 4 MMT 125TX  Soft Stepped

PXG SDII 50(51), SD II Full Face 54 (55) and TM MG4 60 (59)

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat GSS

19 hours ago, FHALL said:

Only hit it on the range still but flight looks amazing on good to decent strikes, bad strikes seem to do alot better than my stealth plus but not as good as my sim2 but looking forward to hitting it on a launch monitor and see if numbers correlate to eye test

IMG_7858.jpeg

IMG_7758.jpeg

IMG_7859.jpeg

Sim2 8 degree is my favourite TM driver by a long margin so far. 

On a whim, I ordered a Qi10 Tour 5 Wood (through Discount Dan). I like the compact shape of the head and think that I can use it as my only fairway wood since I am inconsistent with lower lofted woods off the deck. It is nice to see TM offering KBS wood shafts at no upcharge this year. Threw in a KBS TD 70 stiff....will report back when it arrives.

Titleist TSR3 10˚ Ventus Blue Velocore+ 

Taylormade Qi10 3W 15˚ KBS TD 

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚ KBS TD 

Ping G425 22˚H - KBS Tour Prototype

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Vokey SM9 54˚-10S and 58˚-08M KBS Tour

Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

Maxfli Tour X

5 hours ago, Tree Levino said:

Sim2 8 degree is my favourite TM driver by a long margin so far. 

Mine aswell but hoping that is about to change. got my highest ever ballspeed # with stealth plus but the sim2 is way more forgiving for me. If i can have the best of both 🤲

Taylormade QI10 8* mca kurokage  xt 60 tx 45.75"

Taylormade sim2 15* tensei pw70tx 43.25"

Taylormade p790 3i dg ti x100

Mizuno jpx923 tour 4i-pw dg x100

Vokey sm9 50 12f, 55 13d, 60 08m dg s300

SC golo3 35"

I got the Qi10 in the sim today to compare to my gamer the OG SIM MAX.  I did gain some ball speed but as you said the SIM has been hard to beat for me for its consistency.  

With a 102 SW i was getting a little lower launch and spin than with the SIM and not sure if it is too low or not?? Need to get it on the course to see how it looks.  

SIM averages: 

Launch 16.5

Spin rate 2200 

Total 280

Qi10

Launch 14.1

Spin 1900

Total 286

Edited by cjblake09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cjblake09 said:

I got the Qi10 in the sim today to compare to my gamer the OG SIM MAX.  I did gain some ball speed but as you said the SIM has been hard to beat for me for its consistency.  

With a 102 SW i was getting a little lower launch and spin than with the SIM and not sure if it is too low or not?? Need to get it on the course to see how it looks.  

SIM averages: 

Launch 16.5

Spin rate 2200 

Total 280

Qi10

Launch 14.1

Spin 1900

Total 286

Awfully low spin for 102, I think you’ll see the ball fall out of the air more than not.  I’m 106 and when I get into the 2000-2100 range the ball does funny things.  2300-2500 much more playable.

Flash

• Like 1

Went to browse the BRNR page last night and noticed its been totally pulled off the site - update?

• Like 1

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

8 hours ago, brutusflash said:

Awfully low spin for 102, I think you’ll see the ball fall out of the air more than not.  I’m 106 and when I get into the 2000-2100 range the ball does funny things.  2300-2500 much more playable.

Flash

Yeah i thought so as well but have not noticed any issues with my current set up on the course.  That is why i want to get them on the course but of course it is raining today.  

For what it is worth this was with a Ventus TR Red 6S.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cjblake09 said:

SIM averages: 

Launch 16.5

Spin rate 2200 

Total 280

Qi10

Launch 14.1

Spin 1900

Total 286

I’m an OG Sim Max guy as well. Love the shape. Have owned SIM, SIM2, Stealth & Stealth 2+ and nothing gets the OG out of the bag. Going to give the Qi10 Core a shot with a secret ingredient (New Blue Ventus)

• Like 2

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

2 hours ago, KingKong said:

Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a Qi10 convert from the mighty Ping 10K. 

Went to  my local shop to hop on trackman with the only intent of finding out what shaft in my arsenal was going to be best for my 10K head. After hitting a few the guy helping said "That combo (10K and Raijin Black 65x) is good, but are you open to something else? You're leaving yards on the table. Ball speeds with my ping were around 164, with a SS of 112ish. 

He gave me a Qi10 10.5, turned to lower with a Ventus Black 6x, a shaft that I'd had much success with in the past. I hit the first one and could tell it left in a hurry and he said "Did you come to buy a driver today?" I said why? He said "That was 170 ball speed and 113 swing speed and dead straight." I didn't believe him so I hit another and damn if it wasn't exactly the same. I even his 171 which is very high for this overweight 38 year old that's well past his prime. 

I went home and sold all my Ping crap and ordered the same setup I hit. Got it on the course and got the same results. I hit one very, very bad and it was a result of a very, very terrible swing. Other than that, my misses were great and the well struck ones went for days. 

I've been a TM hater for years...last driver of theirs I owned was a SIM Max 8* tour head that I loved until it busted. But...I'm back. 

Hope you'll have me over here. 

Great results. Only surprising detail is that he put you in a 10.5 loft with that speed. Do you have a negative angle of attack or is it that you like to get the 10.5 and lower the loft to open the face? Or do you always play 10.5 heads? 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

17 minutes ago, dmeeksDC said:

Great results. Only surprising detail is that he put you in a 10.5 loft with that speed. Do you have a negative angle of attack or is it that you like to get the 10.5 and lower the loft to open the face? Or do you always play 10.5 heads? 

To open the face. Recently I'm having a hard time NOT turning the ball over and delivering a closed face, so the open face helps for now. When I'm able to fix that, I'll go down to a 9 I'm sure. 

• Thanks 1

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

TSR2 3h w/ Ventus Blue 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58
DF3

13 minutes ago, pdxhak said:

Are you asking about this thread?

I'm not.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

12 hours ago, dcmidnight said:

Went to browse the BRNR page last night and noticed its been totally pulled off the site - update?

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/taylormade-drivers/?lang=en_US
I visited the site yesterday, and now it's disappeared. I would love to see if they come up with Qi stuff inside the BRNR. 😉 

13.5 BRNR | 19* G430 3H | 22* G430 4H
NL 480-TC 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

12 hours ago, cjblake09 said:

Yeah i thought so as well but have not noticed any issues with my current set up on the course.  That is why i want to get them on the course but of course it is raining today.  

For what it is worth this was with a Ventus TR Red 6S.

I’m in a ventus blue 6 tx, going from  a z star xv to the diamond added about 150- 200 rpms, I haven’t been on a monitor with the core head, but by eyeball it added a degree or so launch and probably 150-200 in spin over the OG sim.  Hasn’t really ballooned into the wind unless I make a bad pass at it, but downwind the carry is at least 15 yds longer.

Flash

... I am glad I am not writing reviews anymore or I would be accused of being Taylor Made shill. As stated earlier I did not get along with the Qi10 Max at all. For me at least, the standard Qi10 is a completely different animal and after only playing it 3 rounds it has out performed any driver I have ever played. I loved my Stealth2 HD and other than the sound/feel, I like everything about the Qi10 more. I am always skeptical when people that have been fit and come on a golf forum and say "I gained 10yds with this new driver!" Really? You were fit into just last years driver, found the perfect shaft and just a new head is producing 10 more yards? Well skeptics beware because ... yea, and some longer than that. 

... Obviously there are things about my swing and the Stealth2 HD that fell between the cracks or the Qi10 wouldn't be traveling 10 more yards and several even longer. I hit a slightly high, slightly toe shot yesterday that was the longest drive I have ever hit on that hole. Probably played it well over 500 times. High toe traveling farther than a perfect strike is pretty amazing. Reviewing clubs for so many years it was rare for a new driver to add more distance for me. Sure a couple yards but more often than not it was a look/feel/sound kinda improvement or maybe a slightly tighter dispersion. So the excellent results I am experiencing with the Qi10 is something I wasn't expecting. 

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

On 2/29/2024 at 8:00 AM, KingKong said:

Hi, I'm Mike. I'm a Qi10 convert from the mighty Ping 10K. 

Went to  my local shop to hop on trackman with the only intent of finding out what shaft in my arsenal was going to be best for my 10K head. After hitting a few the guy helping said "That combo (10K and Raijin Black 65x) is good, but are you open to something else? You're leaving yards on the table. Ball speeds with my ping were around 164, with a SS of 112ish. 

He gave me a Qi10 10.5, turned to lower with a Ventus Black 6x, a shaft that I'd had much success with in the past. I hit the first one and could tell it left in a hurry and he said "Did you come to buy a driver today?" I said why? He said "That was 170 ball speed and 113 swing speed and dead straight." I didn't believe him so I hit another and damn if it wasn't exactly the same. I even his 171 which is very high for this overweight 38 year old that's well past his prime. 

I went home and sold all my Ping crap and ordered the same setup I hit. Got it on the course and got the same results. I hit one very, very bad and it was a result of a very, very terrible swing. Other than that, my misses were great and the well struck ones went for days. 

I've been a TM hater for years...last driver of theirs I owned was a SIM Max 8* tour head that I loved until it busted. But...I'm back. 

Hope you'll have me over here. 

How far did you carry it at 113 and 170bs?  That's about how I swing it and thinking of upgrading my sim plus to the same driver/shaft combo you mentioned.  Around what spin and launch were you at if you remember?

So I've been testing the 10 regular and the 10 LS the last few weeks. I...am just about ready to say that the Stealth2 is staying in the bag. None of these are bad clubs, in fact they are all really good. I just happen to get along with the Stealth better right now. I like everything about the QIs though, the look, the feel, the sound - everything. Just that so far nothing jumps out at me as being better.

I'm hoping to get one final Trackman session in the next week or so.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*