2024 Scotty Cameron Release

6 hours ago, BCC1898 said:

I'm sure the Cameron line still does just fine...but at least here on Golfwrx, there seems to be a steep decline in interest in his releases.  10 years ago this thread would've been at 20 pages in the first hour.

Not much to be excited about here, they're just adding a few different lines to a putter series that came out two years ago.

• Like 2

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

16 hours ago, PickItUpGolf said:

Not much to be excited about here, they're just adding a few different lines to a putter series that came out two years ago.

Until Scotty gets “back to his roots” and releases some high-quality milled heads, it will be meh (more of the same). We have all heard the argument that he will not release the 009 shape or other tour shapes because he is protecting the collector market. However, he sells less than 100 009M each year at $4,000 which is $400k. He could release that head and sell it for $500 and sell over 200,000 units to make $100 million.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

1 hour ago, Carson33 said:

Until Scotty gets “back to his roots” and releases some high-quality milled heads, it will be meh (more of the same). We have all heard the argument that he will not release the 009 shape or other tour shapes because he is protecting the collector market. However, he sells less than 100 009M each year at $4,000 which is $400k. He could release that head and sell it for $500 and sell over 200,000 units to make $100 million.

The SC team and the bean counters at Titleist arent stupid. They watch the sales data and trends closely.

Think of the collector market and 'all the good stuff' as a guaranteed annuity in profit for the SC brand. Releasing a bunch of 009 or whatever to retail would net a nice profit one year, but it's all over after that. The slow steady stream of high priced wares that sell out will guarantee sales into the future.

....and as soon as they no longer sell, or they see a slowdown - then you'll see it at retail to get that last big bag of cash and renew interest in the brand/product.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

The SC team and the bean counters at Titleist arent stupid. They watch the sales data and trends closely.

Think of the collector market and 'all the good stuff' as a guaranteed annuity in profit for the SC brand. Releasing a bunch of 009 or whatever to retail would net a nice profit one year, but it's all over after that. The slow steady stream of high priced wares that sell out will guarantee sales into the future.

....and as soon as they no longer sell, or they see a slowdown - then you'll see it at retail to get that last big bag of cash and renew interest in the brand/product.

I agree with you, but there is something we are missing. I just do not understand why release after release, the SC brand sends out some watered-down NASCAR stamped looking thing that isn’t quite what we really want. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

I agree with you, but there is something we are missing. I just do not understand why release after release, the SC brand sends out some watered-down NASCAR stamped looking thing that isn’t quite what we really want. 

Im in the same boat you are. I think we may have some Circle T tastes that he just wont bring to market. I know a lot of people want the 009 shape but he wont do that even for an OTR. I want a milled single bend fastback, he did it 6-7 years ago, but I didnt care for the insert or a Terryllium insert on a fastback or X5 but he wont do that even for a limited run. Some want naked Newports but he doesnt do that. 

His stuff sells. I think there will always be a market for collectors but I wonder if his OTR stuff is selling bc of just the name. I guess we should be thankful for the .5 models and the plus models a lot of people putt with. But like you said, it just seems recycled with a new name or some barely noticeable stamp. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carson33 said:

He did a limited release -- an Inspired by Rory McIlroy that was basically an 009r and much better than the Inspired by Jordan Spieth which was a Newport and not an 009. I imagine he could release the Rory head at retail but I doubt we'd ever see that happen. 

• Like 1

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

14 minutes ago, newportbeach said:

He did a limited release -- an Inspired by Rory McIlroy that was basically an 009r and much better than the Inspired by Jordan Spieth which was a Newport and not an 009. I imagine he could release the Rory head at retail but I doubt we'd ever see that happen. 

Isnt rory's a chromatic bronze finish? that would be a nightmare to try and do a large batch of and have them all match.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

4 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Isnt rory's a chromatic bronze finish? that would be a nightmare to try and do a large batch of and have them all match.

Yes it is a chromatic bronze. Scotty already did a production series (the California series) in a "honey dipped golden finish" that looks like chromatic bronze. He could take the Rory head and do a honey dipped finish on it or even do it in stainless like his current line and you'd have a 009 style head at retail. Bottom line it could be done, but I'd be surprised if it is in the near future.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

57 minutes ago, Carson33 said:

I dream of a Scotty site that has blank heads - Newport, Newport 2, Squareback, Phantom models, etc. and then you build from there and let the price point hit in the middle of the OTR and Tour to around a $1,000-$1,500 range. Select your head, select your neck, select the weight, select the alignment markings and then select your stamps and paint fill with the shaft length and grip. Hit the submit button and let the order be completed and shipped.

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

• Haha 3

It is just the “get what you get” attitude. You only get it the way SC releases it. If you want anything different, then you have to go Tour and still be subjected to what gets released. However, you jump from $500 to $5,000; there is no middle ground. 

Once an OTR putter is released, you can only modify the OTR putter. Therefore, if you want a blank Newport (doesn’t have to be 009), you cannot get one unless you go Tour. If you want a plumbers neck 5.5, you have to go Tour. I am lucky enough to have 3 Tour putters, and I love them, but have recently changed to an OTR Odessey putter. I’ve got my 009M, Tour Rat and Timeless, but I have grown tired of searching for them and the cost.

I dream of a Scotty site that has blank heads - Newport, Newport 2, Squareback, Phantom models, etc. and then you build from there and let the price point hit in the middle of the OTR and Tour to around a $1,000-$1,500 range. Select your head, select your neck, select the weight, select the alignment markings and then select your stamps and paint fill with the shaft length and grip. Hit the submit button and let the order be completed and shipped.

I would love this. I have been vocal thinking there is a market for a middle ground line between $800-1500. NOT a limited edition with gaudy stamps and colors that are only going into flippers hands. Something closer to MOTO, if you want it you can order it;  A carbon Newport and Newport 2, no weights, unique finish, simple Titleist or Cameron script in the cavity,  no sight lines or stamps(so you can have the custom shop add them after the fact if you want). 

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth Plus 10.5 - Fujikura Evo II 665 X

Callaway Mavrik SZ 16.5* - Fujikura Speeder Evo V 757 X

4-PW Titleist CNCPT CP02 True Temper Monaco X

46, 50, 54, 60 Vokey SM9 Raw - True Temper Monaco X and S

Taylormade Spider Tour

4 hours ago, Carson33 said:

There are tons of SC collectors out there in the ear of SC and Titleist that actively lobby against ideas like this to protect their investments.

14 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

There are tons of SC collectors out there in the ear of SC and Titleist that actively lobby against ideas like this to protect their investments.

lol I honestly dont think that matters ultimately

there are plenty of things that are clamored for that don't happen

• Like 1

Yadi for President

8 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

What does titleist have to do with cameron at this point? Unless scotty signed a lifetime agreement with Acushnet, I'm sure he is just staying loyal to them at this point. Same with vokey. 

It’s interesting that he’s pretty much killed the collectors market for SC. By that I mean he stopped customers from speccing their desired models from ‘distributors’ like Rand at AOP. Which meant there are far fewer pieces available for trade.Other than through tour contacts or the odd Gallery drop or the museum releases you cannot purchase a new Tour piece. Not sure where the likes of EPICSCOTTYS source theirs from?

You can see the tumbleweed blowing though the Cameron Collector forum. Where the B/s has ground to a v.slow pace.

I don’t  think he’s motivated by money (at this point)…… seems his heart isn’t in it much anymore, maybe I’m wrong,

maybe this is where he wants his brand to be……. A few Halo pieces out there, the tour being used to develop new OEM. Models and the end of the speculators.

certainly doesn’t seem to have the same buzz that there used to be.

Been a Scotty fan for a long time, but the stuff from the last 10-15 years has been brutal.  No new designs and just re-marketing of previous generation stuff with a new paint scheme.  The collector market and Club Cameron has become a wasteland of who can buy it and flip it the fastest.  Not hating on that, as I get everyone can earn a buck but its just random people buying and flipping.   The same goes for the releases on the site.  Just the same old boring stuff that you cant get your hands on.  

• Like 1

I'm glad they look how they do tbh

Means I won't want to buy one this year

• Like 3

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 9* - Ventus Black 6S

Woods: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 & 5 Wood - Ventus Black 7S

Hybrid: TaylorMade Qi10 Tour - Ventus Blue 85HYB Stiff

Irons: TaylorMade p790 & p770 Combo Set - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Wedges: TaylorMade MG4 50 SB - 54 SB - 58 LBV - KBS Tour 120g Stiff

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour DB 35"

Wow after seeing those pics and new shapes/designs I must say I feel completely relieved and happy I got the Concept X 7.2 a few months back. At first I was a little hesitant paying resale price because again usually Scotty limited releases are a precursor for his upcoming putter lines ie. Triple black and then phantom X 9.5, or jet set Newport + models to the super select + models, etc. I thought forsure they would add the 7.2 and 5.2 lines to this release. Also a bit happy that my concept 7.2 for the time being will continue to actually be a limited release. The new 5 shape looks hideous (calm down Scotty loyalists, I’m sure he’ll spin it in a way that there is some reason or tech advance behind it 😂). 7 model looks half way decent, similar to the MyGirl recent release. Need to see more pics of the 11 & 9 to really place judgement on those as they look to have a whole new shape and cut outs/weight distribution. The sole plates are meh 🫤

I get the supply and demand aspect of not fully releasing what everyone wants but all he’s gotta do is literally just release/add 5, 7 models with a plumbers neck option, and offer the 11 in a slant neck variant, a 009 head shape in the blade lines, offer some of his line in SSS, or GSS materials for an added premium, and they would fly off the racks. Guess that’s the whole purpose of the circle T line and mystic/reseller market 🤷🏻‍♂️. I know the SSS and GSS is really stretching it lol and will never happen due to production costs vs profit but just saying, give the people what they want haha. 

On 11/1/2023 at 9:55 AM, rukahs said:

Right click > Copy CNC program from 2023 > paste

Make a new super dooper new name up. Studio Select Stainless GSS Reflection Pro Tour Series Triple Cherry Bomb Newport Midslant Rolltop Chrome Limited Edition

It'll sell like hot cakes.

Polishing the turd.  Soooo many good putters out there today, boutique and mainstream.  The new Spider X face balanced DB changed my life.  And I haven't carried a TM putter since the Kia Ma about 18 years ago.

The last Cameron I loved was the CA Monterey 1.5 mist.  Such a lovely instrument.  Since then, they've been the same old same old.  That being said they are making very nice mallets.

Edited by underwater
  • Like 1

The 7 shape is much improved IMO, far closer to a Toulon Las Vegas, but overall less "pointy" than the Phantom X shape. Not sure how to feel about the 5, definitely feels busier, but I like the idea of it being smaller. The 11 from the leaked photos above looks like there's more weight at the back for more forgiveness? The new 9 looks like it's going to be identical to the new Spider Tour V with the cutouts.

D - TSR3 | Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W - Stealth+ | Ventus Blue 7X

5W - TSR2 | AD DI 8X

4H - TSR2 | AD DI 9X

5-PW - MP-223 | PX LZ 6.5

50/55/60 - MG4 | DG TI S400

P - Studio Stainless NP2 350g

B - ProV1x

B - Linksmaster

19 minutes ago, kwainio said:

The 7 shape is much improved IMO, far closer to a Toulon Las Vegas, but overall less "pointy" than the Phantom X shape. Not sure how to feel about the 5, definitely feels busier, but I like the idea of it being smaller. The 11 from the leaked photos above looks like there's more weight at the back for more forgiveness? The new 9 looks like it's going to be identical to the new Spider Tour V with the cutouts.

Have you seen them in person? 

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

9.5 is intriguing but I've been very interested in the 7.5 before any other spy pics were released but based on the 2023 My Girl. The 5.5 is always a solid option as well. 11.5 probably isn't for me

Titleist TSR2 10* - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

Titleist TSi2 16.5* - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75X
Callaway BB Alpha 815 20*, set to 19* - Fujikura 865 X

Ping i230 4-PW, UW - Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S, 60.10J
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas 34"

Srixon Z-Star XV Yellow

On 1/12/2024 at 4:25 PM, Carson33 said:

It is just the “get what you get” attitude. You only get it the way SC releases it. If you want anything different, then you have to go Tour and still be subjected to what gets released. However, you jump from $500 to $5,000; there is no middle ground. 

Once an OTR putter is released, you can only modify the OTR putter. Therefore, if you want a blank Newport (doesn’t have to be 009), you cannot get one unless you go Tour. If you want a plumbers neck 5.5, you have to go Tour. I am lucky enough to have 3 Tour putters, and I love them, but have recently changed to an OTR Odessey putter. I’ve got my 009M, Tour Rat and Timeless, but I have grown tired of searching for them and the cost.

That would be the dream, but here we are every Wednesday dressed up in our clown outfits 

• Haha 1